• 115 results
myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By myke_tuna

Poll Have you ever failed a class? (415 votes)

Yes 61%
No 35%
Results 5%

Well, it's finals week for me and I'm guessing a lot of you. As I type this up, I'm studying for my last final exam of the semester and started wondering if anyone here has ever botched a course. I've never failed myself, but I've gotten close. And based on how I did on my final today, I might be cutting it close again. Procrastination and dumb prioritization might have fucked me this time.

• 
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#101  Edited By iam3green

yes, i have failed a few classes in community college. i never really studied in high school, school in general so when i went to community college that kind of bit me in the ass. i'm not that great in math. i had too take all these algebra classes. my first one the teacher was chinese or something. he was soft spoken not a lot of people could hear him. i had to retake that class. i got a little better as the professor was better. i got a D+ so had to retake it. the next teacher was great took a online class for that. i pretty much was great at it. the other class i did good in. the final one i did good in.

english i kind of thought they were nitpicky at things.

Avatar image for angre_leperkan439
Angre_Leperkan439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nope!

And since I graduate college in 10 days, I don't think I will ever fail a class in my life. :)

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By Elwoodan

currently waiting on the grade for a philosophy class where the professor didn't believe in reporting grades before the final so... I may have failed a class? I have no idea.

the worst part? it's my FINAL college class. If it doesn't come back with at least a C on it, I'm gonna have to go back next fall...

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.Mostly because I was under a scholarship and failing wasn't an option.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Twice in college. One was a calculus course that was at 8 in the morning, right when I discovered the terrible freedom that college gives you. The other was for a one unit history class whose final I actually missed, because the final was the week before finals' week.

Thankfully, both cases were actually my fault, and not because of more serious things like poor teachers or terrible grading criteria.

And for the record, I did actually graduate with a B.S. in Computer Science. So clearly, those two Fs on my official college transcript didn't stop me.

Every single math class I have taken so far for my Comp Sci degree has been 8 in the morning. I dont understand why they think that is a good idea, even my teachers think it affects our grades.

Also for the record I never failed a class. I got an F for my first quarter in Spanish 1 in high school, but I pulled back in the end.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Intro to computer science and pre-calculus 1. Retook the former and passed with a C. Will inevitably pass the latter now that I have a good teacher. The sad part of all this is that I try, and I could never understand how to study for these tests. How can one do exercises if you fail to understand how to do some of them? Can't question the teacher; you're at home. Can't depend on the notes; they go through the basics.

This educational system is shit.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Yes I have, failed an entire semester to play Rock Band, I really didn't want to be in school so I drummed all day

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#108  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

Yeah, I've failed some Computer Science courses. Namely, Computer Science 3 (called "Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis" at my school.) My GPA was generally not amazing at that point, either. Then I changed my major to Communication Design with New Media Production focus and I'm doing way, way, waaaaaaay better.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#109  Edited By Slag

Nope.

really amazed at the results of this poll, pretty eye-opening.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Yeah, heck I've failed the entire 7th grade once because I was a slack-ass in high-school like a dumb ass.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#111  Edited By bigjeffrey

Hell yeah

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minipato said:

Yes, I failed a summer American history class because if you're holding an America pre-1884 history class at 8:00 am, you're just asking for people to fall asleep. I was one-such person and didn't bother with the essays either. I just don't find the time period interesting at all, cause I aced American History post-1884.

Not their fault you're at a 8:00 class, you chose it.

Haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#113  Edited By Haziqonfire

Failed grade 9,10,11 Math in high school. Never failed any course in University though.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ive failed 6 years of Tafe courses +2 years of college+ 20/28 results in highschool were fails (community college ? i dunno what the equiv is for you guys) in reverse order ...

was only after sending at least 4 years of my formative education down the shitter that the establishment even questioned if i had a learning disability..

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By MiniPato

@minipato said:

Yes, I failed a summer American history class because if you're holding an America pre-1884 history class at 8:00 am, you're just asking for people to fall asleep. I was one-such person and didn't bother with the essays either. I just don't find the time period interesting at all, cause I aced American History post-1884.

Not their fault you're at a 8:00 class, you chose it.

I chose it because it was the only class they offered over the summer that fulfilled my US. History course requirement. And I wasn't blaming anyone but myself. Maybe you couldn't see that cause you couldn't see that my first sentence was a joke. So please spare me the life lessons.