Have you or someone you know ever been involved in an accident?

• 72 results
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Tireyo

-As a matter a fact, my friend was involved in a car crash Friday. He is still alive, but he is injured pretty badly.
-Another friend of mine broke his arm a couple of times doing random stupid stuff.
-I was hit by a fence. Fence fell on me and gave me a big knot on my head, and I had received several cuts.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Unfortunately yes. 3 of my good friends back in Canada last summer were killed in a car accident, as the van they were in rolled over into a ditch. My other friend (the driver) is okay. She was very lucky.

Other than that on a lighter side, i accidentally fell off the roof a few years ago putting up Christmas lights, and broke my leg.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I was in a car accident, my nerves constantly got worst after that I think and I feel pain all the time now. Yet i'm used to it.  

It was my fault anyways, I ran the light and got smashed making a left turn. My brother totalled his Z05 corvette, that car looks like something out of a videogame, now it's gone. He's still alive though.  

Also my brother did get in another car accident before when his friends was trying to drive him home while raining and they were drunk. He was the only one hit and he had back problems for years, got a ton of money for compensation though.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Marz

I had a cousin killed in a car accident and an uncle thrown out of the vehicle still alive but the cabin of his truck was crushed in so he was lucky he wasn't wearing his seatbelt.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@CornontheCobbe: Brutal mate.

In other news...I tore my scalp riding down my driveway too quickly. Not major, but pretty fucking stupid. Here's how it went down:

I had somewhere to be locally, so I picked up the bike and sped off. I started pedalling and putting on my hoodie at the same time, and as I reached !!terminal velocity!! at the bottom, the arm got pulled between the front wheel and the frame, and I went over the top of it, and it, in turn, toppled over me.

After checking none of the neighbours saw, I walked back up the drive to change bike, and then my head started bleeding. I Walked into the house, looked into the mirror and there it was: a fairly substantial flap of skin, pissing blood down my face.

Fucking bikes.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tireyo
@GetEveryone: Gosh.... That painful to read.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

Eeer I fell of my backyard shed into a rose bush. That was most certaintly accidental.
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By beargirl1

some very, very close family of mine were in a car accident and they were in critical condition. i don't know what happened to them so i suppose they're OK now. i was also almost killed along with my family and some other people in a close call but i wouldn't call that an accident. 

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CornontheCobbe
@Abyssfull said:
" Eeer I fell of my backyard shed into a rose bush. That was most certaintly accidental. "
Ouch dude! Prickly. 

...What were you doing on the shed?...
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tireyo
@Abyssfull: I hate rose bushes.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#12  Edited By Yummylee
@CornontheCobbe said:
" @Abyssfull said:
" Eeer I fell of my backyard shed into a rose bush. That was most certaintly accidental. "
Ouch dude! Prickly.   ...What were you doing on the shed?... "

I've been asking myself that ever since I fell =P.
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MikkaQ

My uncle got t-boned by a truck in his tiny ass car two days ago, lucky bastard didn't have a scratch. Car's gone though. 

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jimbo

Like, half of them?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By natetodamax

I tried to fly a helicopter in a round of Rush but ended up crashing it into a mountain. 

Oh wait, in real life? My friend's brother Mike fell asleep in the back of his cousin's car after a party one night a while ago. His cousin, who was drunk, got into the car and started driving without knowing that Mike was in there. He ended up flipping it over. Both escaped relatively unharmed.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Hitchenson

My existence was an accident. So, yeah, I guess?

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Oriental_Jams

Uncle broke his spine in a superbike race, been in a wheelchair ever since.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By oldschool

I nearly lost my "virginity" in a bicycle accident as a child.  The seat came of whilst I was riding and the steel pipe that the seat goes on headed for my rectum with great force.  Could have neutered me as well.  Lucky for me, it just tore a gash on my inner thigh.  I still have the scar, 45 years later and it is about 20 mm from all the important stuff. 

Want to see a picture  :-)

Avatar image for thehideousshrew
thehideousshrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By thehideousshrew

Once when i was a kid i slipped while running down the driveway and scraped my knee so bad that the kneecap was exposed. That was about twenty years ago but i still have a big circular scar. It fells all squishy when i put my finger on it. I remembver quite clearly that it didn't hurt until i looked at it. Not as severe as some of the ones on here but it seemed pretty fucked up to me at the time.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DystopiaX

some football player at my HS who committed to Notre Dame for football died falling off a balcony while drunk this spring break. 
I've been in some fender benders, nothing major.

jaycee13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jaycee13

yes, i was riding a skateboard down a pretty steep hill, must have hit a stone or something and went flying in the air. Landed on my face and my top two teeth bit a hole just below my lip whch i could stick my tongue through.

CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CandleJakk

A few years ago, I went over the bonnet of a car on the way home from school.

Cycling along the road, which has a 40mph limit, some younger twat at walking along the pavement/sidewalk sticks his tennis racket out at head height. 
I have very, very little time to react rationally. Duck, I lose control and likely go under a car. Take the hit to the face, and go god-damn anywhere across the road. I chose the option to swerve.
So I swerve out to the right, no time to look back, a Renault Scenic is doing about 45mph. My bike being angled went flying forward, rather than into the other lane, my head went down onto the bonnet, and carried on through the windshield and into the passenger seat.

I came out with cuts and bruises, but their eldest son in the passenger seat damn nearly died where I crushed his ribcage.

Thankfully, everyone survived. Scary shit though.

Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Organicalistic_

when 1was 5 0r 6 1 f3ll 0ff th3 p3gs 0f a b1k3 s0me0n3 was dr1v1ng, and the tire was spinning i fell with the tire right below my crotch owww

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Absurd

Several of my friends have been in accidents. Teen drivers ftw.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#25  Edited By the8bitNacho

I was in several car accidents when I was young, and that's likely a major contributing factor to me not having my driver's license.  Driving scares the living shit out of me.  

Someone very, very close to me was in a coma for two weeks after a very bad accident back in high school and nearly died.  If I were a religious man, I'd be thanking God every 5 seconds that she's still with me.

@organicalistic_ said:

" when 1was 5 0r 6 1 f3ll 0ff th3 p3gs 0f a b1k3 s0me0n3 was dr1v1ng, and the tire was spinning i fell with the tire right below my crotch owww "

...ugh.  Learn to type.
Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Uncle was hit in the side by an 18-Wheeler (A FUCKING 64 YEAR OLD WOMAN WAS DRIVING IT.  WHAT THE HELL.) and it completely shattered his hip, and he had other broken bones and several deep gashes.  He can walk with a cane now, but he's still not completely better and the doctor isn't sure if he'll ever be.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#27  Edited By Video_Game_King

Yes, and it was kinda awkward when that one kid crapped himself in class that one day. It set the tone for the rest of my college experience.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kmdrkul
  • My brother rolled his car about a year ago.  Was really scary getting his phone call and him just barking at me to "get dad."
  • My friend crashed his car into a parked car on the side of the street after staying up all night and then going to work the next morning on no sleep.  He was driving home, and crashed like 500 yards from his house.
  • I have several other friends who have already gone through multiple cars, gotten several tickets, and they are only between the ages of 19-21.

Personally, I (knock on wood) have never gotten into any sort of accidents, nor gotten pulled over or anything.  The worst I've done is accidentally clipping the bush when getting out of the driveway.

EDIT: oh wow, I didn't know this was about accidents in general.  In that case, I have been in one that is pretty memorable.  When I was like five years old, my brother thought of this genius idea to put a pillow case over my head and then tell me to chase after him.  Of course I tripped and my head fell on the tip of a rocking chair... splitting my head open.  The next thing I knew I was in the ER getting 17 stitches down my head.  Still have that scar today.

ANOTHER EDIT:  Also an old teammate of mine died about two years ago.  He was with his friends, and they had just eaten at a local pizza joint, high, and decided to "play a game" of running across a major avenue trying to dodge cars, a'la Frogger.  My friend managed to dodge every car on the avenue... but failed to see a speeding motorcycle splitting lanes.  He died of his injuries later that night.  I try not to let myself get emotionally affected, but I was unable to keep the tears back during his memorial when I saw his family sobbing in the front of the church.
Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Capum15

I don't remember how old I was, but my mom was driving me to my grandmas because my mom had some out of state work or something. It was a long, long time ago. Anyway, black ice + night time. We were driving down a hill almost into my Grandma's town when we hit a patch and flipped. Luckily we didn't go over the cliff, we actually went the opposite way (toward the hill) and ended up on our side (I think, could've been upside down). Luckily neither of us were hurt.

My mom was hit by a car a while ago. Bent the metal handle of an umbrella she had, but didn't hurt her at all.

I wrecked on a bike once, got a nice slash on my leg for it. Later, my bike seat was loose and after speeding down a cul-de-sac, I went to sit down and slide to a stop, the seat moved up, my ass hit the wheel, my leg went next to the chain and ended up sliding on the gravel-y road on that leg. Surprisingly, only minor scratches and no cuts.

Oh, and apparently when I was a little kid I was jumping on a couch, missed/fell/something and hit my chin on the corner of a square arm-rest and cut through my lower lip (like, the area between the bottom lip and chin). Then a few years ago I was hit in the same spot with a pipe (it was an accident though, still hurt).

One of my friends got in a car crash in Utah a while ago, car was wrecked but he was fine. 

That's all I can recall. Well, unless you can call going down a tree-rock-and-snow covered slope in one of those disc sleds, and slamming your back into a tree (knocking your ass out in the process) an accident. Some three or so seconds before I saw a friends sled dig into the snow and catapult him face-first into the ground.

Fun though. We'd also slide down this huge iced-over road/path thing, which ran the full length of the Lodge (Warm Springs). We'd have to bail before we got to the bottom, or slam into the wooden log-fence.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

A close friend of mine was involved in the Cougar Helicopter crash, he was the pilot and it was probably the most horrible thing to happen in my life.

**The video cannot be embeded so if anyone is interested in watching this here is the link*** LINK

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Tireyo
@Bucketdeth:  Sad, very sad. Tragic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tireyo643 said:
" @Bucketdeth:  Sad, very sad. Tragic. "
Yeah man it was some tough shit, he was a good guy but thats how life goes I guess.
Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

motorcycle accident several years ago in the southwest side of phoenix, back when it was pretty rural on that end. i decided to see how fast my suzuki gsx r1000 could go. i got around the 140mph mark when i hit a pot hole and became superman for a second or two. fortunately for myself, i was wearing the leathers and a helmet. there wasn't any beef jerky on the pavement, but there was a busted, broken up me lying on the ground. the police decided not to charge me with felony speeding because they knew i'd be tied up with medical bills for a very long time. i haven't ridden a motorcyle since, and i don't plan to.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By iam3green
@oldschool:  HOT, u lost ur virginity to a bike. 

no, i don't know anyone that wasin an accident. only thing is just got  a dent.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Tireyo
@Bucketdeth:  Life can go in many directions. It's best to get the most out of life and try our best to keep ourselves safe and taken care of.
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By beargirl1
@Bucketdeth said:
" A close friend of mine was involved in the Cougar Helicopter crash, he was the pilot and it was probably the most horrible thing to happen in my life.

**The video cannot be embeded so if anyone is interested in watching this here is the link*** LINK "
very sorry to hear that.. :\ 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tireyo643 said:
" @Bucketdeth:  Life can go in many directions. It's best to get the most out of life and try our best to keep ourselves safe and taken care of. "
Agreed.

@AjayRaz said:
" @Bucketdeth said:
" A close friend of mine was involved in the Cougar Helicopter crash, he was the pilot and it was probably the most horrible thing to happen in my life.

**The video cannot be embeded so if anyone is interested in watching this here is the link*** LINK "
very sorry to hear that.. :\  "

Yeah, it happened last year in march so I have had a lot of time to think about it and am still trying to accept the fact that hes gone but I'm a lot better now and know that things like this can and do happen.
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#38  Edited By sjschmidt93

Haven't known anyone in a serious car crash, but lots of minor ones. 

I knew some one who cut their finger off, I guess that counts.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By Skytylz

Yes

@DystopiaX:
I read about that on ESPN.

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#40  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
@DystopiaX said:
" some football player at my HS who committed to Notre Dame for football died falling off a balcony while drunk this spring break. I've been in some fender benders, nothing major. "
Oh, shit, I heard about this. One of my friends was a friend of his. That's pretty crazy.

I haven't been in too many crazy accidents. The only thing I can really think of is that my uncle was thrown from a car and shattered his leg among other things.
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By damnboyadvance

My mom fell through some glass while she was cleaning it. It was a tall window, and she was on her feet, so she just fell through. She still has glass in her. Luckily, she wasn't cut in half or anything.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By penguindust

I totaled two cars, each on a separate occasion and walked away from both.  Cars "crumple" these days so it doesn't take too much, but there you have it.

NukeSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By NukeSpoon

I fell head first down a ladder and hit my head on a wooden floor once.

Probably why I'm so retarded at just about anything I do these days!

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By halberdierv2

my father and I were written off by a car going over the speed limit when we were coming out of our street on a sunday morning. thankfully, neither my dad or i was hurt. my younger brother was also in one when he was with a friend.

PDC_Emulator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PDC_Emulator

My friend Big Zach was over. We call him Big Zach because I have a little brother named "Zach", so my brother Zach is little Zach.

So anyway, Big Zach was over, and my Rat Terrier started barking at him. My brother was lying supine on the living room floor while the dog chased Big Zach around the living with the fervor of a jackrabbit on speed. Finally, Big Zach stopped over my brother and picked up the dog in a "Circle of Life" pose. Directly after, my dog yelped and dropped a shit into my brothers mouth. That's right, my dog shit into my brothers mouth.

/thread

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Tireyo
@PDC_Emulator: What the........ never mind.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#47  Edited By EpicSteve

I drove into a concrete barrier while driving a Bradly. It was night-time and my Nightvision was fucked up. I destroyed that wall.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By NathHaw

I was in four over four years.  Two were somewhat serious, the other two weren't as bad.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last October I was coming back from a concert with a friend, and as he was calling his mother to tell him he was on his way home, he ran a red light and we slammed into oncoming traffic. Nobody got hurt but the cars were totaled. 

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Pessh

Broke my arm, cut my chin open and minor car crashes.