#1  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

All options would be 2012 and in black. I've been putting off buying a new one for a bit and I need to just hurry up and decide. Any help or opinions from people that own the cars above would be awesome.

If you choose "other" please try to keep it in the $22,000 to $30,000 range.

Also keep in mind they need to be snow-worthy. Boston.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By uniform

Can't go wrong with the Mazda3. The amount of them I see on the roads is staggering. Or you could grab something else and not look like every other car on the road.

LadyAstolat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LadyAstolat

The density of any particular make/model will vary by location. Where I am I almost never see a Mazda. There is a disgusting amount of PT Cruisers around here.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By uniform
@LadyAstolat said:

The density of any particular make/model will vary by location. Where I am I almost never see a Mazda. There is a disgusting amount of PT Cruisers around here.

Good point. I'm sure there's some places where pickups are the majority.
Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@uniform said:

@LadyAstolat said:

Good point. I'm sure there's some places where pickups are the majority.

If I head up into New Hampshire you see nothing but pickup trucks with ATVs in the beds of them.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By killacam
No Caption Provided
uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By uniform

I just really have a thing against the Mazda3. They're everywhere here. My boss drives one, my fellow employees drive them. A few years ago I was in the same position as the OP, having difficulties choosing a new automobile. These Mazda3 owners came at me like a weird cult. One of us..one of us.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By James_ex_machina

There are a few good choices but it comes down to personal taste. Personally I love VW's. I would recommend a VW but from your list I would take the WRX. There others don't interest me even if they were better cars then my choice of a VW or the WRX.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@killacam said:

No Caption Provided

Too expensive, or trust me, I'd do it.

Mercot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mercot

Tesla.

thetrusammael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By thetrusammael

The Delorian is only about 10k, but they run like shit. I lived next to a DMC dealer for a few years on LI and let me tell you, they sound TERRIBLE when they are running. Little wind-up cars. I'm looking at Fords ATM mainly due to 1) they didn't take a bail out 2) American company - I want to put my money where my mouth is 3) Ford Sync - I want my devices to seemlessly synch up with my car. I am not a car guy, I just like going from point A to B.

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AiurFlux

From that list, and because you want something good in the snow, get the Subaru. Just for the love of god don't get the hatchback version that they put out, get the full 4 door car that doesn't look like shit.

Trust me, 4WD in the snow is a must. You don't realize how much you need it until you have it. Also if you want to go a bit cheaper look into the ordinary Mitsubishi Lancer or even the direct competitor to the Subaru, the Evo X. The Evo X is around the budget price and is a great little car. My friend has one and it doesn't slide around at all, compared to my car where you can end up going the opposite way if you don't know what you're doing.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Elazul

The Impreza's a great choice as long as you're not in Britain. The kind of people you see driving them over here are... unfortunate, to say the least.

Oh and for the love of god, if you're gonna buy it, pronounce it properly.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@James_ex_machina said:

There are a few good choices but it comes down to personal taste. Personally I love VW's. I would recommend a VW but from your list I would take the WRX. There others don't interest me even if they were better cars then my choice of a VW or the WRX.

I have nothing against VWs, but the 2012 sedans are ugly as hell (IMO).

@thetrusammael said:

The Delorian is only about 10k, but they run like shit. I lived next to a DMC dealer for a few years on LI and let me tell you, they sound TERRIBLE when they are running. Little wind-up cars. I'm looking at Fords ATM mainly due to 1) they didn't take a bail out 2) American company - I want to put my money where my mouth is 3) Ford Sync - I want my devices to seemlessly synch up with my car. I am not a car guy, I just like going from point A to B.

You summed up why the Fusion is on my list, yeah. SYNC is the main draw. If I get the Fusion I'd actually do a two-year lease so that I can get the 2014 refresh model in a few years.

And the only Delorians I've ever seen were super pricey because they were in spectacular condition. It'd be cool to have though.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By James_ex_machina
@Rolyatkcinmai Yeah the newer ones aren't the best looking cars VW has put out. There just something about German Cars I like. The way they drive and handle. I've had quite a few cars in the past 23 years and the VW stand out to me. The Mustang 5.0 and IROC Camero I had in my 20's were both fun cars but I'd take a VW even if they aren't as cool looking.
kahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kahi

I love VW but cost of ownership is expensive. I voted Ford, love the sync tech

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By trace

I'd go with either the Fusion or Charger (probably Fusion if winter driving would make you uneasy with a Charger). However, because I'm a huge Dodge fanboy, I voted Charger in the poll.

I'm not a big fan of current Mazda vehicles, and think the 3 is quite bland, so if you must choose between the 3 and the Impreza, go with the Impreza. You'll have more fun with a Subaru.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#19  Edited By isomeri

I'm quite partial to the CRZ. But if you need more room for bags or meatbags, I'd go with the Subaru or the Fusion. The 2013 model of the Fusion is looking really promising, so I probably would lean towards the Subaru just to avoid buyers remorse.

arkasai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By arkasai

I voted Mazda 3 cause I like the hatchback version a lot for some reason. Also you're fucking nuts if you buy a new car, even if you make good money that's no excuse to waste it on a brand new car.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SlasherMan

I'm pretty fond of Japanese cars, especially Subaru, so I voted for the Impreza. Treat her well, and she will never disappoint you.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By shaunk

@isomeri said:

I'm quite partial to the CRZ. But if you need more room for bags or meatbags, I'd go with the Subaru or the Fusion. The 2013 model of the Fusion is looking really promising, so I probably would lean towards the Subaru just to avoid buyers remorse.

Oh I agree.

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By morrelloman

I am an NYC cat and have not had a car in over 4 years. My last one was a leased BMW Z4. So impractical for the snow. I am strangely attracted to the new hyundai veloster.

But other than that I would go with the ford i believe they have a 4WD option plus u get all that cool sync stuff. Or that Honda looks cool as well. Depends on price and options mostly.

spudtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By spudtastic

(E) Mazda 3. We know someone that just bought a new one.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By iam3green

get the impreza. i enjoy them in video games.

i drive a 07 scion tc. i love my car it's good on gas and cheap. i/parents paid $19,500 for it.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Gargantuan

The Subaru looks great and it should handle snow very well so I voted for that one.

christ0phe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By christ0phe

I got a 2012 ford focus this summer, manual transmission. I love it. It's very fun to drive, pretty good on gas, and looks pretty sleek as well.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28  Edited By Cube

Out of those, the Honda or the Subaru. Had nothing but problems with my family's Mazda. But I say go with a VW. I love mine.

greenblattsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By greenblattsam

The Subaru is definitely one hell of a car. If money is no issue, I would highly recommend the WRX with a 6 speed manual. They are so fun to drive.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By subject2change

I love my 99 Subaru Legacy. So I went with the Impreza. 197k on it and running great. Got my inspection recently and my mechanic was impressed. I bought the car at 193 or so from my uncle for a grand a year and a half ago.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

I got a Mazda 3 last year and let me tell you it is amazing. It handles and drives so well, very quick and sporty. Easily my favorite car I have owned.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32  Edited By aurahack

Get the Impreza, for sure. I don't know how bad winters are in Boston, but having the Outback's AWD did WONDERS during the really shitty parts of winter here in Montreal. I'd pick a Subaru for that alone.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By TheHBK

If I had to choose now, I would go with the altima. In boston it is a more practical car and would get good gas mileage. But if I were you, I would wait for the 2013 Ford Fusion. You might not get as good a deal on it but the changes Ford made to it are fucking nasty!

No Caption Provided

Here it is in White.

BormahAl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BormahAl

I couldn't help but notice you do not have the DeLorean as an option. 

This disappoints me. 

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By tim_the_corsair

We've got a 2011 Mazda 3 new (Sydney, Aus, so weather conditions are comparable), love it a great deal and definitely recommend it.

MasterGladden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MasterGladden

You should get a Volkswagen Tiguan. Here is a link to the site... Make sure to get one in black. If you fail to do so your life will most likely be miserable. Good luck. Drive Safe. Wear a seat belt unless you are drunk.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@TheHBK said:

If I had to choose now, I would go with the altima. In boston it is a more practical car and would get good gas mileage. But if I were you, I would wait for the 2013 Ford Fusion. You might not get as good a deal on it but the changes Ford made to it are fucking nasty!

Here it is in White.

I agree completely, but I need one in the next month or so (gave my current car to my little cousin who will be getting his license). That's why I'd lease if I got a Fusion.

@MasterGladden said:

You should get a Volkswagen Tiguan. Here is a link to the site... Make sure to get one in black. If you fail to do so your life will most likely be miserable. Good luck. Drive Safe. Wear a seat belt unless you are drunk.

That's a slick looking vehicle, but I just have very little interest in an SUV.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Aus_azn

The Impreza, by a mile. A very fun car to drive, and worth the money. If you are going to get it, though, make sure you get it in WR Blue Mica, otherwise it'll be worth a lot less at resale.

grayfox1210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By grayfox1210

Subaru's are awesome. They are durable as hell and can take a beating. Plus AWD is the best. Drive it, Get it, Love it, and drive it some more.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SeriouslyNow

TESLA V2

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

I should also probably mention that I absolutely loathe driving and think it's the dumbest thing in the world that we still operate our own vehicles, so the "fun" of driving a certain car may not necessarily apply to me.

arkasai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By arkasai

@Rolyatkcinmai: Get something that's comfortable to sit in with an automatic. I dunno what kind of commute you have but I spend a majority of my time in the car stuck in unavoidable traffic and I hate life in gridlock with a stick. Kind of sucks but I think you might have to swim with the sharks and do some test driving at a dealership or two. I still highly recommend buying used, you can find a used Mercedes just a few years old for the price of many of the cars in your pole. It'll ride like butter, have soft leather seats, and resell for more than the cars in your poll a few years down the line.

CyleMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By CyleMoore

Charger, they just look great!

thetrusammael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By thetrusammael

Why is it a waste exactly to buy a new car? Buying older cars, you inherit problems that need fixing. Everything that goes wrong, you foot the bill. At least with new, you have a standard waranty that covers the odd stuff, and you make fixed payments. With used, you end up paying extra when you add up unexpected maintainance costs.

TzarStefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TzarStefan

Audi a4 or Mercedes c200 Buy a European car. I myself drive a Mercedes c63 amg 09 Good car and not very expensive to buy/own

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#46  Edited By nintendoeats

I just bought an older Civic. It's a good practical car with lots of legroom, excellent visibility, solid mileage and well-designed cup-holders. You can also get parts for it ANYWHERE.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#47  Edited By sins_of_mosin

I've been looking at cars for the past couple years and I really like what the Mazda3 offers. Thats the car I plan on getting whenever my current car dies. I'm a bit bias in that I don't want a 'plain' 4 door, I want a hatchback so I looked at anything that offered that style. The Kia Soul is nice as well but the Mazda has better stuff.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AlexW00d

Of the cars in your poll I would go with the Impreza (hatchback of course) but then I only voted that 'cause the rest of the cars on the poll are pants. The Mazda and Honda are nice and cheap, sure, but boring, and the rest of the cars are again boring and bland. Go German, get yourself a VW Scirocco or Passat CC, or and Audi A4 or A5. All roughly the same price (I think) as the bigger stuff on your poll, and all would be much more reliable and run nicer and sell better if you do decide you want a new car again in a few years.

Tbh though if I had like 40 grand to spend on a car I would buy a 90s Nissan or a Civic or Integra Type R and just be a speedy bastard. The engine in the new Civic Type R is amazing.

arkasai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By arkasai

@thetrusammael said:

Why is it a waste exactly to buy a new car? Buying older cars, you inherit problems that need fixing. Everything that goes wrong, you foot the bill. At least with new, you have a standard waranty that covers the odd stuff, and you make fixed payments. With used, you end up paying extra when you add up unexpected maintainance costs.

It can be less of a hassle for people who hate dealing with salesmen. If you know what to look for, you can get a great car at an affordable price and if you take care of it you can sell it for what you paid, or if you're lucky even more. The car I'm driving now is a 95 Lexus ES300 (powered windows, doors, leather seats, and moon roof all working) that I found on craigslist for $1500 with 120,000 miles on it. The guy was leaving town that weekend and hadn't found a buyer in weeks due to outrageous low ballers and scammers online. I've put 30,000 miles on it and all I've had to do is change the oil and gas her up. When it's time to sell my car this is what can expect to make back on it. Essentially a free car.

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By holycrapitsadam

Get a mini countryman all 4. That's what I'm getting. Awesome car