Hi Score Girl

Muragami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Since Jeff and Dan are now anime experts(TM) I wanted to share an anime that directly relates to gaming. It is called Hi Score Girl. I had the chance to watch it and while it is a romantic comedy (with high school kids) at heart, it is much more. It amazes with the integrity it displays in showing the coin-op machines and consoles of its era. Netflix has optioned it and will stream it this December. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-08-11/netflix-to-stream-hi-score-girl-anime-in-december/.135383

I really enjoyed a lot of the nostalgia, though I suppose more than a few will be off-put by its very cliche anime nature. If you can wade through that, a lot of vintage gaming love is exposed, and I think that is something.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Puchiko

The CG in this show is very bad.... This might be off putting to Jeff and Dan the most. If you watched the most recent Berserk series than you will recognize how bad the faces and animation are. The story is good but felt like "Ready Player One the Anime" at times. I would still recommend it but with a lot of caveats.

harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That series is pretty good, but the CG can be irksome but it kind of plays well with the type of anime it is, also liked how MC used gaming to motivate himself sometimes. @puchiko how did you even manage to get through that Berserk CG? Couldn't handle it.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damenco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love NetFlix, but this news is too good

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finished it last weekend and enjoyed it. The animation quality is sub par though. Glad to hear the OAV is being released. I thought I'd have to hunt them down online. If you guys need other anime fixes that are in the fanboy genre there are quite a few out there. Genshiken is about a group that is into diverse aspects of fandom (art, cosplay, video games etc...) and have a college club dedicated to it. Only has some gaming though. Recovery of an MMO Junkie. A woman attempts to be a shut in that plays video games but real life and game life start to cross paths. There are other ones too but can't recall them right off the bat. Usually I like stuff that involves slice of life with some aspect of Fandom. Genshiken did it well. Ended up reading the manga too.

Deo_Brando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Guile turtling..

AzraelDR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would also recommend High Score Girl, but mostly to Jeff, who is both a gaming historian and one experienced in more subdued anime offerings like Polar Bear Cafe.

Damenco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An expert on anime? Is there such a role, lol, I didn't know