How do I fix a blinking Red Light of Death on PS3?

HazAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By HazAnwar

I have a Red Light of Death on my PS3, and I dono't know how to fix it. My friend recommended this site to help me out. Do any of you know how to? Any help would be appreciated.

HazAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By HazAnwar

I have a Red Light of Death on my PS3, and I dono't know how to fix it. My friend recommended this site to help me out. Do any of you know how to? Any help would be appreciated.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RetroIce4

I am sorry, but to put it politely you're f*cked. You can try the method of taking the hard drive out and starting the console without the drive. That most likely won't work, but you can try.If not you gotta send it in for repair because your PS3 is obviously dead. You didn't mention a yellow light.

HazAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HazAnwar
@RetroIce4: I tried that already :( it didn't work. My PS3 is from Singapore and i rang up Sony this morning the dude said he couldn't help me :'( Anyone can at least suggest a place where i can get it repaired other than Sony... I also tried starting without the HDD in and that didn't work. It apparently it means hardware failure and only happens to the 60GB release models because of the internet PS2 chip anyone can help me with this please?
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ninjakiller

There's something called "google" that's on the "internet' that I typed "ps3 repair" into and came across this site. 

CodeMcK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By CodeMcK

Try a local computer repair shop? Some of them around my area do work on consoles as well as computers

HazAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HazAnwar
@ninjakiller: Yea thanks for that i already found a site and google is your best friend :) but i'll check out that site thanks
EDIT: I checked the site unfortunately its in America and im in the UK so :( thanks anyway

@CodeMcK:  No local computer shops round here do console repairs they suck =/ but i'll have a look around :)
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Xeiphyer

A red light you say? Is it turned on?! Maybe its just in standby =P

I have heard of PS3s giving a yellow light of death (YLOD) akin to the xbox's red light of death, but I havent heard of a blinking red light.. most likely that means catastrophic failure, so probably something fucked up on your motherboard. Thatl teach you to buy things in singapore I guess =P Hopefully the internet knows whats wrong.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By zeforgotten
@ninjakiller said:
" There's something called "google" that's on the "internet' that I typed "ps3 repair" into and came across this site.  "
These "jokes" works better when people finally learn how to do them like this :( 
slackers
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ahriman22

A blinking red light just means it's being an asshole about turning off. It either eventually will turn off or you can just shut it off/on with the switch.

HazAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HazAnwar

I have found a few sites there charging about £90 not including P&P so i guess thats my only chance so i guess i'll have to go to one if them if no body can help me hopefully i'll get it back by christmas.