• 112 results
reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I don't, :(

I still listen to the same sort of stuff I listened to in High School. Driving my daughter 30 minutes to school and back daily means I hear way more pop music than I ever intended to, kind of uses up all the patience I have for listening to stuff I don't know if I'll like or not.

It's kind of a bummer now that I think about it. I really liked that new Pearl Jam album though!

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#102  Edited By cornbredx

I don't anymore. New music is garbage so I tend to listen to music I already have.... a lot.

It's a byproduct of becoming a boring adult I guess.

Edit: haha I love that this is 3 years old and was necroed a couple days ago for someone to advertise their blog. Priceless.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By Osaladin

Friends and soundcloud mostly.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By ghost_cat

Besides everything else people have said, don't forget to check out the record label's catalog as well. If they help produced that album you like, chances are they have other artists related to your taste.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hype Machine. It's a music blog aggregate site where users can "like" songs, which get floated up to the top of the popular section. It's really hipsterish, though.

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watch Suicidalsheep's channel on youtube for electronic music. Great place to find new artists.

I need a good place to find new hard rock, metal, djent.....

I haven't heard a good new rock track in forever..... :(

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I go to record stores, I flip through records/talk to the staff at said record store, and I pick out stuff that seems or maybe even just looks cool. It helps to be able to google bands while in the store to get a bit more information if the staff aren't familiar with them.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#108  Edited By WickedCobra03

The college radio stations, NeoGAF's album of the year thread, music blogs. I used to just hear the stuff on the radio and.go with that stuff until all the radio stations turned into all pop and top hits stations. Even our alternative rock station is playing lorde 24/7 now. Also in late high school and then early college, I would JUAT ait around with friends and listen to mistakes, demos and etc with friends at their places or just chill in the car after work. About 6 or 7 years ago is where I heard the arctic.mokeys first album just hanging out with my friends.listening to their new music with them.

Now a bunch of my old friends have moved, i am busy with full time job as well as the new music I do go and seek out tends to be way off the radar of my current group of friends

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By gokaired

Um, it' s a little of everything.

Youtube, Last.fm.

On TV VH1, I rediscovered Prince and Ronny Jordan.

I used to listen to Jazz fm but they reeeeeeaaly stretch what qualifies as Jazz by going into completely different genres in recent years, as if the selection was small to begin with. I might have to get a job there, teach em a thing or 2.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

I feel like now that I'm in my late 20's I'm more and more resistant to new music. I've hunkered down with pretty much anything from the '60's, '80s, and '90s...and that's about it.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Clonedzero

Yup, i'm lame and i learn about my new music mostly from friends.

Occasionally ill hear a song in a trailer or commercial or in a movie or show. Something like that and ill look it up. I'm not the biggest music guy honestly, i enjoy it just like everyone else but i dont actively seek it.