How do you like your coffee, and why?

• 87 results
AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Man so many people keep saying with cream. Do people really put cream in coffee? That sounds like the worst thing. Milk is bad enough, but cream. You people crazy.

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've never drank coffee; unfortunately, caffeinated beverages have no effect on me whatsoever (and that includes energy drinks). In the early days of Giant Bomb, Jeff inspired me to order a case of Brawndo. I drank the whole goddamn case. No effect!

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The closest thing to coffee I drink is black Russians. Not that I don't like coffee, but it seems to make me void my bladder whenever I partake in it.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

If I had all the money in the world, I wouldn't mind having a peppermint mocha from Starbuck's every day, but I usually just drink my coffee black from a Mr. Coffee and go for the darker roasts.

sunie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By sunie

Black as the night and strong enough to kick my teeth in.

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Latte or Flat White, no sugar.

If not espresso-based then I'll drink it with a decent amount of milk and sugar to try and hide the taste, or black if it is good quality coffee.

The main thing is I learned to avoid the greatest crime ever inflicted upon humanity: creamer

Why do you Americans inflict that on yourselves? D:

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By Hunter5024

I have a lot of trouble answering this question without using the old "I like my coffee like I like my women" joke. On a COMPLETELY unrelated note, I like my Coffee as far from black as possible, hot and sweet, or in the trash where it belongs. To me it is only a tool for a specific purpose, and unless I need this very specific thing then I'd rather not be around it. At all other times I'd prefer for it to be in the kitchen, out of my sight. Still talking about Coffee.

Oh and the reason why I'm so negative is because of the bitterness, how expensive it ends up being for the good stuff, and what it does to my head. Coffee that is.

MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By MannyMAR

I like Cuban coffee shots aka coladas. Now that I'm in Georgia I have to make them myself (they take a bit longer to prepare,) but it is worth it. Cuban Crack FTW.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490
deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only drink iced coffee, even during winters here in CT, I hate hot beverages. I take it with skim milk and 3 Splenda.

razzdrazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luckily enough I live in an area where artisan coffee is ubiquitous. As someone who worked for 2+ years in a café, I gained knowledge that somewhat ruined the experience for me and made me rather picky. If I'm at home, I mostly use a Chemex dripper, though I'll occasionally use a French Press to make cold-brew. If I'm going out, I normally order a cappuccino. For drip, I use a hint of cream and nothing else and if the coffee is light enough, no cream is necessary. Latin American coffees are my favorites because they aren't too burnt. I couldn't stand working in an area where everyone would order French Roast even though it was burnt as hell and without flavor... I've used a Bialetti before, but never on a regular basis since I rarely buy espresso beans. I've heard to Aeropress is where it's at- I'll definitely consider trying one out in the near future.

Any Bay Area people here? Blue Bottle, Sightglass, and Four Barrel are especially great! All three consistently offer the best roasts I've ever had, and their baristas are consistently awesome. After working somewhere where customers would constantly badger me about making ridiculous drinks (2 pumps this, 1 1/2 of that, extra sugar), it's nice to have simple, no-nonsense beverages that leverage the highest quality beans, ingredients, and brewing methods. When comparing prices to Starbucks beans (which, when I last checked, were about $13-14 per pound), the more artisan beans can be cheaper or nearly the same price when bought directly from roasters at farmer's markets, etc. One of my friends called me a coffee snob the other day because I walked a couple blocks to get a good cup of coffee, but my perspective is that if I'm going to spend my time and money on something, I want it to be good. Coffee is an important part of my life and I'd like to think that I treat it with respect. It's nice to take time out of the day to make a nice cup of coffee, relax, and enjoy the whole experience. I hate how so many cafés are rushed and hectic- customers often forget how much time, energy, and care goes into making their beverages!

SavageManLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SavageManLove

Black and usually the cheapest grocery store stuff. I worked as a shelver in a library for a long time and the grind of monotonous book shelving eventually just became fueled by 5-7 cups of coffee a day. I just acquired for black coffee and the cheap stuff as we couldn't buy the fancy expensive stuff.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Black. Drink it quick, get my little boost, and get going. But I prefer Monster's Rehab line of drinks for caffeine. They aren't carbonated and actually taste good unlike other energy drinks. Plus they only have ten calories a can which means they're loaded with tons of cancer causing chemicals....But either way you're dropping weight so what's the problem?

theanticitizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like mine with FK in it

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tall Starbucks dark roast no room...I'm not a douchebag.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black, medium roast. Not too picky on the brand but uhh nothing in a tin bigger than my head for less than ten bucks...

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I drink coffee every morning with a bit of sugar and flavored creamer. I don't very much like the strong bitter taste of coffee, but when it's toned down a little by a sweet element I love it.

@jay_ray said:

No coffee, only tea

The same is true for me, except for a very occasional cup from Starbucks which is usually one that is sweet and creamy. I don't hate black coffee, but I don't love it either and the caffeine in coffee is a little too much for me.

I've started having tea as a replacement lately to mix things up and I have to say I quite like it. My same mixing routine mentioned above applies to this as well.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Canteu

The Americano pods in my coffee maker machine thing. 1 sugar, milk.

Because that's how I like it. But I will drink any coffee really, black is good too.

Tea is better anyway.

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Black, or with a little bit of milk.

Xavtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luckily enough I live in an area where artisan coffee is ubiquitous.

here in Australia artisan coffee, real beans, good roasters are everywhere. A lot of local places even support communities in Africa by developing bean growing villages, building infrastructure and providing well paid work.

Reports from anyone I know who's been to America is that the coffee over there is largely terrible and that we are spoilt for options and quality over here.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't think i've ever gotten as deep into details and idiosyncrasies on actually important things as some of you have apparently gotten into coffee :\ it just kinda weirds me out like how deep some people get with beer (but i actually like beer and think i would like to learn a little more about it someday, but i still feel intimidated and dumb about it, probably wrongly so)

err foldgers instant, 7-11, or mcdonalds with a little sugar and cream, i guess? i'm a heathen??

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By fetchfox

@ripelivejam: Yes you are, and burn in hell you will!... No mate, to each their own. I've got a friend that's obsessed about tea and all that encompasses. We all have our obsessions, and as long they're within the general moral and ethical boundaries I don't see anything wrong with any of them.

There are many here that are picky about their cup, and many that don't give a shit. And both is fine! It's just interesting to see how our community treats coffee. Some of you use it to wake up, a simple jolt to the brain. Personally I drink it for the taste, and I tend to not drink more than two-four cups a day.

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Black. Because I actually like the taste of coffee and prefer not to mask it with anything.

hanktherapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I take it black, like my men.

lKennedyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By lKennedyl

Fuck coffee.

Though if I did drink coffee, I'd like my coffee like I like my metal. Nu.

HoboZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crisp

Wrect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had to give it up. It made me too insane. Before that, always black.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I work in a coffee shop, so I've come to appreciate the taste of coffee. Generally black. Sometimes with a shot or two of espresso. Usually, if I'm working, over ice. Hot coffee will just make me sweat at work. Since I don't really do milk or cream or sugar, I kind of prefer a light roast. More of a kick, and with out diluting it there's still plenty of flavor. So many dark roasts just taste burnt, but that's probably a sign of a shit roaster.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By AMyggen

I only drink my coffee black, the stronger the better really. Never been fan of either milk or sugar in my coffee. I'm not picky on the brand.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't think i've ever gotten as deep into details and idiosyncrasies on actually important things as some of you have apparently gotten into coffee :\ it just kinda weirds me out like how deep some people get with beer (but i actually like beer and think i would like to learn a little more about it someday, but i still feel intimidated and dumb about it, probably wrongly so)

err foldgers instant, 7-11, or mcdonalds with a little sugar and cream, i guess? i'm a heathen??

No way. Coffee, beer, it's all the same as any other hobby. Heck, the logic can be applied to video games. If you want to develop your tastes, just try new things. Spend the extra few bucks and pick up a nice six pack, or go to the local coffee shop. You probably won't appreciate the difference initially, but you'll certainly detect it. After some time you'll eventually pinpoint what exactly it is that's different. Then it's just about developing the vocabulary. Wikipedia has your back there. Or go watch a few reviews on YouTube. You'll start picking it up really quick. Then you can be the snooty prick when your friend orders a PBR.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like my coffee like I like my women.

I can't remember how I prefer either, though. I doubt the synonym would work, anyway.

jgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two sugar cubes and a little of milk.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#84  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

I don't drink coffee as much as I used to, but I will on occasion make a bit of Kenyan in a French Press to which I will only add a little bit of sugar. If I can't get Kenyan beans, I will add Bailey's Irish Cream Creamer to any unflavored coffee I get, usually Sumatran, occasionally Guatemalan.

Doskias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Black always. Sometimes I treat myself to a lactose free latte but I stay away from sugar and milk. I'm lactose intolerant and my entire family has type 2 diabetes so I stay away from sugar/it's never around.

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Cream (meaning milk or half & half) and Splenda. Also I drink flavored coffee. Bite me.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Crisp!

I typically don't like the taste of coffee, but I'll have some sweetened coffee products every now and then. Coffee Crisp chocolate bars and Tim Horton's iced caps are probably my most common coffee indulgences. I might put a splash of coffee in a class of milk or hot chocolate on occasion as well.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

Cream and sugar. I've been trying to get used to black coffee, but I just can't do it. I generally end up looking like this.