I Bid Thee Farewall. Retroactively.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By The_A_Drain

Anyone who knows me or cares the slightest what I have to say (possibly just me :P) will have noticed that I dropped off the face of the earth a while ago, the morning Blizzard announced Cataclysm to be exact. 

Despite vowing I would never again enter the realm of Azeroth, my instincts overwhelmed me and before I even knew I was doing it, I had downloaded the client and was blasting away again with my hunter, racing to 80. As I usually do with these kinds of things, I became horribly addicted and have proceeded to do nothing but play World of Warcraft for the past month, not even taking a break to post on my beloved Giant Bomb. 

Now that University rears it's head again, I am afraid I must bid you all farewell, I will be leaving Giantbomb until next summer (you guys know how much I post ;) and cannot deny that amount of time wasting would not affect my uni work) and I will continue to play World of Warcraft until I have become burned out on it again (it's approaching already, i've got pretty much all the best gear before Ulduar, and can't get to Ulduar with my current guild, so i'm pottering around playing the AH and doing Daily quests) so that I can put it down and concentrate solely on my work. Until Cataclysm of course :P 

That said, after a rather depressing summer I decided to buy myself an iPhone. I must say i'm incredibly impressed so far. Obviously, I have purchased the Giantbomb app! So while I will no longer be posting upwards of 50 messages a day (addictive personality? I'd say so) I will be supporting the team by visiting their site through the iPhone app every day. 

So bye bye everyone, see you all next summer!
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By The_A_Drain

Anyone who knows me or cares the slightest what I have to say (possibly just me :P) will have noticed that I dropped off the face of the earth a while ago, the morning Blizzard announced Cataclysm to be exact. 

Despite vowing I would never again enter the realm of Azeroth, my instincts overwhelmed me and before I even knew I was doing it, I had downloaded the client and was blasting away again with my hunter, racing to 80. As I usually do with these kinds of things, I became horribly addicted and have proceeded to do nothing but play World of Warcraft for the past month, not even taking a break to post on my beloved Giant Bomb. 

Now that University rears it's head again, I am afraid I must bid you all farewell, I will be leaving Giantbomb until next summer (you guys know how much I post ;) and cannot deny that amount of time wasting would not affect my uni work) and I will continue to play World of Warcraft until I have become burned out on it again (it's approaching already, i've got pretty much all the best gear before Ulduar, and can't get to Ulduar with my current guild, so i'm pottering around playing the AH and doing Daily quests) so that I can put it down and concentrate solely on my work. Until Cataclysm of course :P 

That said, after a rather depressing summer I decided to buy myself an iPhone. I must say i'm incredibly impressed so far. Obviously, I have purchased the Giantbomb app! So while I will no longer be posting upwards of 50 messages a day (addictive personality? I'd say so) I will be supporting the team by visiting their site through the iPhone app every day. 

So bye bye everyone, see you all next summer!
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By flaminghobo

Take care dude, hope your studies go well. I tried World of Warcraft once more, after Cataclysm was announced, and I found myself insanely bored. How did you manage to actually keep playing? :P

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Shadow

I gotta say: Giantbomb is a weird thing to get away from to be more productive...when you're also playing ridiculous amounts of an MMO

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Shadow said:

"I gotta say: Giantbomb is a weird thing to get away from to be more productive...when you're also playing ridiculous amounts of an MMO "

It's not just Giant Bomb, but forum websites in general, I spend an inordinate amount of time just pottering around involved in random discussions and flame wars :P  

The MMO time will slow (in fact, the past week it's gone down from something like 14 hours a day when I was gearing up and questing down to about 2 hours a day) as I burn out and finish most of the endgame content. Eventually it will get to the point I want it at, which is some relaxation in the form of raiding on friday and saturday nights. Leaving me the rest of my time to work.

@FlamingHobo said:

"Take care dude, hope your studies go well. I tried World of Warcraft once more, after Cataclysm was announced, and I found myself insanely bored. How did you manage to actually keep playing? :P "

I had only gotten to 67 before my account was hacked, I never actually got bored of it the first time around but after that I couldnt carry on playing. It was the Cataclysm announcement that sparked my interest again and I forgot just how much I loved that game. :)
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mike

Wait...you're in college and going to be raiding on Friday and Saturday nights?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By JJOR64
@The_A_Drain: Take care my good friend.  Don't push yourself to hard.

I promise I wont cry.
 I promise I wont cry.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks

Sorry dude, but I really cannot help myself. WHY THE FUCK ARE PEOPLE LEAVING! :D

On a serious note, take care dude, immerse yourself in your work and enjoy it, studies are far more important. Enjoy your festive period too, if fact you should definitely drop by around then.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_A_Drain
@MB said:
"Wait...you're in college and going to be raiding on Friday and Saturday nights? "

I spent most of last year getting my drink on :P now everything counts towards my degree this year I wont be touching drink outside of a pint with a nice meal :)
Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Scooper

Have a nice Christmas and see you here in the summer!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mike
@Linkyshinks said:
" Sorry dude, but I really cannot help myself. WHY THE FUCK ARE PEOPLE LEAVING!
A lot of people say they're going to leave, and then don't. Speaking of which...
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By JJWeatherman
@The_A_Drain: You used to play 14 hours of WoW a day?! Damn, I'm glad I never got sucked into that black hole.  :P

Hopefully we'll see you again. 

Random picture:

No Caption Provided
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By eroticfishcake

We'll be missing you! Tootaloo!

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By eroticfishcake

We'll be missing you! Tootaloo!

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Bigandtasty
@The_A_Drain: Later bro, I know how you feel. I screw around on forums a lot.

I had fun with WoW but I'm not biting on Cataclysm...yet »_»
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mike
@JJWeatherman: I believe we're witnessing an addict and relapse justification right now. Relapse justification is a subconscious phenomenon that happens in the brains of addicts. They know they shouldn't be going back to their addiction, but their brain creates a logical pathway that makes it seem reasonable for them to do so. In this case: "I know I shouldn't go back to playing WoW, but I'm giving up posting on Giant Bomb so it'll be OK."

Ok, I'm half kidding, but MMO's can be as seriously addicting as drugs, sex, or food.
Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gregomasta

Whatever, big woop not visiting a website anymore.  Good for you that you're concentrating on school, I gotta cram Thursday-Sunday for two big tests Monday, just a part of life tho.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Red12b
@MB said:
" @Linkyshinks said:
A lot of people say they're going to leave, and then don't. Speaking of which... "

Heh, Heh, 

Oh.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By zeforgotten

Another one bites the dust. 
Oh well, I'll see you here again soon anyway :P 
So it's not a goodbye.. it is a.. C-ya..  
(who are you anyway? :o I'M TALKING TO A STRAANGER!)

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Fallen189

Why do people need to "Leave" a website?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mike
@Red12b said:
" @MB said:
" @Linkyshinks said:
A lot of people say they're going to leave, and then don't. Speaking of which... "
Heh, Heh,      Oh. "
Yeah. That's why I lock most of the "I'm leaving!" threads. We had three earlier this week, and shockingly all of their profiles are full of recent activity with no mention of their alleged departure.
keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By keyhunter

No one would notice or care that you're leaving if you had not made this "I am leave-ing" thread. Make like a tree and get outta here!

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kazona

You should quit WoW and stick with Giant Bomb, it's way better :P

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Yeah man i noticed that you and HandsomeDead werent on for about a month or more... it wasnt cool without you guys. 

Have a good uni year and enjoy playing WoW and see you soon matie ! dont forget about us 

@Fallen189 said:

" Why do people need to "Leave" a website? "
heres your answer : 

@The_A_Drain said:
" I will be leaving Giantbomb until next summer (you guys know how much I post ;) and cannot deny that amount of time wasting would not affect my uni work  "
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Linkyshinks
@MB said:
" @Linkyshinks said:
I am cutting back on my posting habits though, and with good reason sadly. It has nothing to do with your team, but more certain members who in the fallout proved some of my claims.  

I've instructed Brad to take on my role of providing up to the minute Nintendo news, lol. If the Nintendo crowd are unhappy with any lack of content in coming weeks,k I suggest they should post on his wall frequently asking for more. 

@Kazona said:
"

You should quit WoW and stick with Giant Bomb, it's way better :P

"

I was thinking the same thing earlier..He needs to get his priorities right. 
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By toowalrus

See ya when Cataclysm starts man, I won't be touching the game until then ether.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Take care man, try not glue yourself to much to Wow, I know what it's like and it can suck.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#27  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I was wondering why you left. Oh well. See you soon.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#28  Edited By mracoon

Farewell and see you next summer.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By iam3green

well goodbye. i say u can still post here and do university things. i go to college, post here, play video games, hang with friend.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Milkman

If you have to make an announcement that you are "leaving" a website, I think there is bigger problems.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#31  Edited By citizenkane

So long and good luck on your studies!

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#32  Edited By natetodamax

Take care, friend brother

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By penguindust

See you next summer, and be careful of WoW...that game will suck the life from you if you aren't vigilant.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By RHCPfan24
@MB said:
" @Linkyshinks said:
Owned.

Oh, and "bye" The_A_Drain. I look forward to seeing you back again (definitely before a year).