I consider myself to be.... (Question of the Day - 8-30-10)

• 115 results
Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Aronman789

agnostic, because no matter if any sort of god was real or fake, it would have no effect on my day to day life

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I am, or at least half, Modern Satanist.

Just saying it right now, ignore the moronic name as it has nothing to do with Satan or devil worship, but the creator of it was a lil crazy in the head methinks and choose it (it has reasons tho, you could go look em up). This quote, which I will spoiler tag for it's length, will explain better then I can, hopefully.   
I fully agree with the religion, just the name irks me the wrong way, but ah well, if someone can't look beyond a name I don't really care to hear what they have to say anyway I suppose...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#53  Edited By Yummylee
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
" I am, or at least half, Modern Satanist.

Just saying it right now, ignore the moronic name as it has nothing to do with Satan or devil worship, but the creator of it was a lil crazy in the head methinks and choose it (it has reasons tho, you could go look em up). This quote, which I will spoiler tag for it's length, will explain better then I can, hopefully.   
I fully agree with the religion, just the name irks me the wrong way, but ah well, if someone can't look beyond a name I don't really care to hear what they have to say anyway I suppose...

"
Reading that through, it's basically the religion that Andrew Ryan had believed to follow in the BioShock games =P
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Abyssfull: 
Never really finished Bioshock or know much of the stuff around it, but from what I know, aye!
To me it just means I'm fully responsible for all I do, not some god or code and that my own self is my most treasured belonging (next to my videogames, ofcourse! xD).

Basic stuff, yadda yadda.
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By eroticfishcake

Atheist. Though I pretended to be Christian in primary school to get the priest off my back (metaphorically speaking that is).

LlamaLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By LlamaLlama

I'm on the fence
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By CL60

What is it, If I don't believe in anything, and I simply don't care about religion in general?

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By JoeyRavn

Actually, you can be agnostic and theist (you believe in a supreme being or deity, but don't think you can get direct knowledge of it), gnostic and theist (you believe in a deity and think you can know it first hand, like in almost every major religion) and agnostic and atheist (you don't think there is a god, and even if there were one you couldn't know it directly). They are not exactly mutually exclusive, so "technically" they shouldn't be listed as separate options. But whatever, I disgress. 

I'm atheist myself, although I've been raised to follow some basic and general religious principles, not only Christian, like turning the other cheek or the Indian ahimsa.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By crusader8463

Sith.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TaliciaDragonsong: I have a friend who claims he's a Satanist. He wears black clothes with lots of upside down crosses and trenchcoats and he loves to hate on christians. He's an ass though.
one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By one_2nd

Mostly d, but slightly e. I'm like 99% sure god doesn't exist. 

pectoral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#62  Edited By pectoral

I am atheist, but not the crazy-liberal-douche kind of atheist.

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By GunnBjorn

I'm a born and raised (but never baptized, thank God!) JW. I'm no more affiliated with them, but the Christian upbringing still affects my day-to-day life. It has changed the way I look at life, and not in a good sense. The lyrics of Metallica's 'Dyers Eve' perfectly describes my situation.    
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheSeductiveMoose: 
Modern Satanist or like a "real" Satanist?

Also that's why I think religion is a personal thing, there's always some idiot ruining the image =P
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#65  Edited By KaosAngel

...are you telling me there isn't a single Hindu or Jew that read this thread?

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By one_2nd

How's there not one Jewish person on GB?

TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TaliciaDragonsong said:
" @TheSeductiveMoose:  Modern Satanist or like a "real" Satanist?  Also that's why I think religion is a personal thing, there's always some idiot ruining the image =P "
He's a metalhead so I suppose he is the kind who says he worships satan. I don't think he's actually serious though, at least I hope not.
WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By WoodenPlatypus
Best answer ever. 

@LordXavierBritish
said:

"Hedonistic Rastafarian. "

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By KaosAngel
@one_2nd said:
" How's there not one Jewish person on GB? "
...I'd say a Jewish joke but I'm arab, so it would come off wrong to the community.  Hell, I make fun of arabs and people here think it's wrong...god forbid I make fun of my own religion.
one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By one_2nd
@KaosAngel said:
" @one_2nd said:
" How's there not one Jewish person on GB? "
...I'd say a Jewish joke but I'm arab, so it would come off wrong to the community.  Hell, I make fun of arabs and people here think it's wrong...god forbid I make fun of my own religion. "
I make fun of everyone, just behind their backs. 
WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By WoodenPlatypus
@KaosAngel:
I too really badly wanted to make a joke there. Not because I'm anything like that I just have a fear that one jewish person will come out the cracks and kill me :/
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By KaosAngel
@one_2nd said:
" I make fun of everyone, just behind their backs.  "
Represents.  So, tell me...why no Hindus and Jewish people on Giant Bomb, how can GB get them to come over here.  Hell, we got about 5 Muslims that I can all name off the bat.
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheSeductiveMoose: 
Me neither, if he does mean it you'd have to consider giving him a proper slap in the face.
one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By one_2nd
@KaosAngel said:
" @one_2nd said:
" I make fun of everyone, just behind their backs.  "
Represents.  So, tell me...why no Hindus and Jewish people on Giant Bomb, how can GB get them to come over here.  Hell, we got about 5 Muslims that I can all name off the bat. "
Idk, I just don't know. Most jewish people I know are atheist anyway, so they probably all just put that. 
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By KaosAngel
@WoodenPlatypus said:

" @KaosAngel: I too really badly wanted to make a joke there. Not because I'm anything like that I just have a fear that one jewish person will come out the cracks and kill me :/ "

Hey, if he was Muslim he'd be filled with explosive emotions.   

(I am Muslim...I'm allowed to make fun of my own religion, so all you people don't get offended)
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#76  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Christian, then again i'm not suprised to see 75% of ppl are athesis or anti religion. That's about right, from the post i've seen on the forum.

TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TaliciaDragonsong said:
" @TheSeductiveMoose:  Me neither, if he does mean it you'd have to consider giving him a proper slap in the face. "
I'll just throw holy water on him :P
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheSeductiveMoose: 
That'll probably piss him off and he'd go on a rampage xD haha!
Avatar image for deactivated-59a5cc20e5213
deactivated-59a5cc20e5213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Goldanas said:
" @astrotriforce said:

"Wow really? Cause that would go against all she believes (Wiccan is as multi-God/Spirit as they come). Not that two religions can't mix, my sister is currently dating a Jehova's Witness and she's a Christian. But very rarely do they work out fully or over the long term unless you can really agree to disagree. "

We've been together for 3.5 years, so take that as you will. It's somewhat inaccurate to say I'm an atheist, as that means I would qualify myself as having a religion, which Atheism most certainly is. I never went to the atheist meetings that my old roommates went to because I don't follow organized belief systems. It's not my thing.  So under that vein, I respect people who do have belief systems, because that's their choice, and it's what works for them. Likewise, my girlfriend does the same, because she's also aware of that.  We work well together because of our diversity and our understanding of human nature. "

You should probably look up Atheism, since you obviously have no idea what Atheism is!

ape_dosmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By ape_dosmil
@TaliciaDragonsong said:

"
Seems to me you're an atheist then. If Modern Satanists "do not believe in the supernatural, God or the Devil" then they're atheists and from that description modern Satanism isn't so much a religion as a personal philosophy.
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

" @TheSeductiveMoose:  That'll probably piss him off and he'd go on a rampage xD haha! "

He won't be able to get to me though I'll have my crucifixes ready for protection :P
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheSeductiveMoose: 
Hallelujah!

@ape_dosmil:
 Yep, but I'm just answering the poll.
I don't go to Satan church or anything, but that's largely how I think about stuff in life and so that's my answer for the topic.
ape_dosmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By ape_dosmil
@TaliciaDragonsong: That's cool, I wasn't having a go :) I guess I'd consider myself somewhat of a hedonistic atheist, so the way I think about things is probably pretty similar to yourself.
Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#84  Edited By Ravenousrattler

pretty much the same results as last time someone posted this poll

TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ape_dosmil: 
I know you didn't, just explaining my side^^
No harm done anywhere!
apoptosis61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By apoptosis61

gods will come again , start running for your lifes

jackbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By jackbag

I rate a 6 on the Dawkins scale: 

1: Strong theist. 100% certainty and belief in God. "I do not believe, I know." 

2: De-facto theist. I cannot be certain of God's existence, but I strongly believe and live my life on the assumption that it is there. 

3: Agnostic theist. I am uncertain, but inclined to believe in God. 

4: Agnostic. God's existence and non-existence are equally probably and improbable. 

5: Agnostic atheist. I am uncertain, but inclined to not believe in God. 

6: De-facto atheist. I cannot know for certain, but I think God is very improbable and I live my life on the assumption that there is no God. 

7: Strong atheist. I know there is no God. 
Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Black_Raven

I was raised a catholic, but do not believe in God, so I am an atheist. 

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#89  Edited By Tireyo

Christian. 

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#90  Edited By Video_Game_King
@KaosAngel said:
" So much lack of faith in this thread, someone needs to watch a replay of the Glenn Beck rally.  America needs faith, nation. "
Faith? Faith is a delusion. Up here, we don't have religion. That's right, the whole Moon is atheist. Ironically, Dante saw it fit to make us Heaven.
lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#91  Edited By lazyturtle
@Goldanas: I'm not really sure how you could go about calling Atheism a religion.. 
    http://dictionary.reference.com is the source I'm going to use: 

Atheism (noun): 1) The doctrine or belief that there is no god. 2) Disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings. 

Theism (noun): 1) The belief in one god as the creator and ruler of the universe, without rejection or revelation (as opposed to deism) 
2) Belief in the existence of god or gods (as opposed to atheism). 

Religion (noun):  1)  a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

2)  a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.

Basically atheism is the lack of religion. A whole bunch of atheists don't make a religion, they merely make a group of sane individuals. To make a religion, you need a supernatural component (magic, gods, fairies, it doesn't really matter). Atheists may share a lack of belief in the supernatural, but that doesn't make them a clear group with a shared view of reality. 
AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By AgentofChaos

"I only know that I know nothing" - Socrates

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By iam3green

christian but don't got to church. i don't really even pray. i know got forgives me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I consider myself agnostic, but I really don't believe there is a god. However, I think it's possible that there's something more than to life than our corporeal existence.

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#95  Edited By Bigheart711

I don't have a religion at all. (Hmm... Does this still count as Atheist?)

Ujio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

#96  Edited By Ujio

No Jews?! Really? SWEET! Now we can make fun of them!

=P J/K...or am I???

herocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By herocide
@TaliciaDragonsong said:

"
So you're a humanist?
GIVEMEREPLAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#98  Edited By GIVEMEREPLAY
@KaosAngel said:
" So much lack of faith in this thread, someone needs to watch a replay of the Glenn Beck rally.  America needs faith, nation. "
Now that he has revealed himself to be Martin Luther King reincarnated I think we're going to be OK. 
Onno10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Onno10

I'd love to say E but honestly it's D

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers