I don't know what to think about this chick at my job.

• 107 results
Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Zeik

@quid_pro_bono said:

I don't date people I work with. It gets super complicated super fast, especially if you get promoted above someone you used to date.

PS not for nothing but what you're describing sounds like a friendly workplace relationship, not necessarily someone chatting you up for a date. Regardless, ask her if she wants to go for coffee or something. If she awkwardly sidesteps then she just wants to be workplace friends, and you can continue shooting the shit. If she says she wants to go, then go and have fun. Be sure about the age though, because if you're in the US you can get landed in serious shit over that. I know people are like "it's not a big deal, she's almost 18" but if the parents press charges you're fucked.

If there's no sex involved there's nothing illegal about it. Her parents could not approve and maybe forbid the relationship or something, but the cops aren't going to arrest you over it.

Also I don't think a grocery store job is really the type of important job where the consequences of a failed romance are going to matter that much. Worse comes worse you find a different crappy job.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@zeik: Well, yeah. The other thing is, and I realize this is an unpopular opinion, but sometimes age of consent laws make a hell of a lot of sense. I know there's not a lot of difference between a 17 and a 21 year old inside a relationship, but there's a world of difference between a 17 and 21 year old when it comes to making good decisions.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Zeik

@quid_pro_bono said:

@zeik: Well, yeah. The other thing is, and I realize this is an unpopular opinion, but sometimes age of consent laws make a hell of a lot of sense. I know there's not a lot of difference between a 17 and a 21 year old inside a relationship, but there's a world of difference between a 17 and 21 year old when it comes to making good decisions.

I don't know if I agree with that. 21 year olds are pretty dumb. They're only marginally better at making decisions than a 17 old. In many case they're worse, as their parents are no longer legally responsible for their stupidity.

Also, even if that was true, a 17 year old certainly doesn't become magically more responsible at 18.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: I fully agree that the leap from 17 to 18 isn't one that's very enlightening, however I do understand why an arbitrary limit needs to be imposed to make the law enforceable.

From my own experience, I would say I was a hell of a lot smarter at 21 than 17. 17 year old me took a shitty job because I needed one and I just grabbed the first opportunity possible, whereas at 21 I was job searching again and held out through a couple potential offers and wound up at a fantastic job. That's really a matter of opinion, though.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Dude, just ask her out! Don't wait until you've made 6 threads about it.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quid_pro_bono: I'm not saying anything about age laws. They have their place. (Which is why I'm not suggesting he break them by sexing up a 17 year old.)

I'm just disagreeing with the notion that 21 year olds are not still dumb kids. There are always exceptions, but 21 year olds make really really really dumb decisions all the time. Also, I think the amount of 21 year olds out there actually looking for serious jobs are also a rarity. Most still have shitty jobs at that point.

medacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ottoman673: I do a lot of similar things to the girl described in OP's post, but never when I'm actually flirting. People think I'm flirting when I'm not, and think I'm disinterested when I'm trying to flirt. I'm not very well-versed socially. Could you clarify a bit, please?

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

dating.....

dating never changes

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By falserelic

@bigmess said:

Well, what's your social link at right now with her?

Seems like everytime I see her we end up into a conversation. I honestly don't know what's going to happen in the future, but aleast I feel like I can be myself around her. I told her I'm a gamer and talked about why I like working out. She likes reading books and exploring different places...even abandoned areas. She said she almost got in trouble for climbing onto a building one time. I thought that was kinda weird, but I don't judge.

She also seems like she might have some issues with her mother. Sounds like they argue with each other from time to time. Thinking about it I know my mom didn't like her mother too much either. Even though I don't hate my grandma we was never close.

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By bigmess

@falserelic: Get her social link rank up to about 7 or 8 or so, then give her a Jack Frost doll and she'll be all over you.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Niceanims

Well hey, ask her out!

Also look up your local consent laws while you're at it. I know some places blur the line.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ben_h said:

Err... just to be safe:

No Caption Provided

Also, be careful with the whole dating coworkers thing. It can get really awkward. Trust me on that one. I posted something about this that was happening to me at the time in your old thread. Things went south a bit and now work is kinda awkward.

came here for this picture, was not disappointed.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By GaspoweR

Tangent: I'm really tempted to call this as "Romance in the Grocery". :P

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Touch her shoulder

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd believe her over your co-worker about knowing how old she is. Just sayin'.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@ben_h said:

Err... just to be safe:

No Caption Provided

Also, be careful with the whole dating coworkers thing. It can get really awkward. Trust me on that one. I posted something about this that was happening to me at the time in your old thread. Things went south a bit and now work is kinda awkward.

I aim to please.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like maybe she's actually 17 but didn't want to say that to you. I.e possible jailbait, thread lightly my friend.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

@ben_h said:

Err... just to be safe:

No Caption Provided

I also came here for this picture. Top work sir.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ask her really tough questions about 1980s anime.

Then you'll know.

Then you'll know.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@csl316 said:
@artisanbreads said:

@sterling said:

Ask the manager how old she is. Just bring it up as natural as possible in conversation. And then if she is 18, just straight up ask her out on a date. The end.

yeah bro. You are over analyzing everything. She likes you, move on. Ask her and that's the end of it.

Jesus Christ, I'm replying to one of these threads, but you really are overanalyzing. Reminds me of me at your age.

Just go for it at this point, or you'll regret it forever. FOREVER!

This really is the case for me. As I said I used to be shy and I think about girls from back in the day I never put the moves on, even though I'm sure most of them had no chance to be anything real. It's a dumb thing to have regrets about.

Wish I wasn't shy like that when I was younger.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ask her really tough questions about 1980s anime.

Then you'll know.

Then you'll know.

Or get her to do the Ninja Rap.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

long behold

This might have been a typo, but the phrase is "lo and behold".

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ask her out for coffee.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just ask her if she wants to hang out outside of work. Absolutely no harm in it.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. Coffee is great for anxiety.

JackG100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YOLO!

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hit it and quit and it.

Nah just kidding. Ask her if she wants to get a coffee or grab a bite somewhere or something. She seems to like talking to you about stuff. A chance to do that outside of work might do you both some good.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

ask her what her favorite pokemon is, if it's not a gen one pokemon, then she too young...

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Many people are way too worried about age, I could understand if she was 14-15. But whats the difference really mentally between a 17-18 year old? I guess its a cultural thing. But either you like her or you don't, let people think what they will, as long as you aren't being creepy about it.

I live in Denmark and I have dated girls much younger than me, mostly by coincidence. And the most I have gotten is teasing about it.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#80  Edited By asurastrike

@beyond_recall said:

17 is past the age of consent in most places anyway. You might risk becoming that creepy twenty-something dude who's going out with a high school girl, though.

That was me like 6 months ago. I was 23 and in grad school, she was 18 and a Senior in high school. I look young though so no one said anything haha.

Knpstrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"...so where do you go to school?"

1. She names a high school

2. She names a college/university

3. She isn't in school ("Oh so you decided not to go to college after graduating high school?")

A perfectly reasonable way of finding out if she is still in high school or not.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got off of work and it was a long fucking day. I had to work in the Bottle Room, change the crates in the machines, write up slips for people, throw away the trash and cardboard, stock up the milk, work in the grocery aisles etc...and be in charge of the grocery phone. I hate the phone I didn't even want to touch it, but o well. At first I thought april didn't work today, but I got a chance to see her later on. When I was on my way to the backroom she came out.

She was heading towards the restroom, she greeted me and I waved. I couldn't say much because I was on the phone dealing with a customer. Anyway, when I clocked out of work I decided to walk over to her work station. At first I wasn't going too, but I figured she came over to see me before so why not. So I went to the deli area where she works and I surprised her.

I said '' they got you working pretty hard today huh?'' and she said ''what are you doing back here? You can't be in here without a hairnet...I'm just joking''. Then asked ''How come you came over here, what do you want?'' I'm like ''I was just passing by and came over to check on you'' then we just had a brief chat. She seem pretty happy to see me. At first I thought I was going to regret going over there, but I didn't.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By TruthTellah

@falserelic: It honestly sounds like you had a friendly conversation with a coworker today.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ArtisanBreads
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So ask her out.

Even if I did asked her out. I don't even have my drivers licence yet. Then again that will only be an excuse, next time I'll see if she wants to head somewhere on break. At this point it can't hurt I guess.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Demand to see some ID and a clean bill of health. Can't be too careful these days.

SpoogeMcduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the immortal words of David Spades dad:

You know the drill. 18 is legal. 17 with consent. 16 with a note. 15 if her dad's in the room. Low five!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0233528/quotes

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if she's lying or not, but I just hope she's 18.

So is every man who ever lived! Get proof before it's too late! If she is, get in there!

*Le Sigh* Romance of any kind forever eludes me...

MikaelBoogart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By MikaelBoogart

OP for godsakes just ask this girl out to dinner. You can deal with the age thing if and when it becomes an issue.

@spoogemcduck said:

In the immortal words of David Spades dad:

You know the drill. 18 is legal. 17 with consent. 16 with a note. 15 if her dad's in the room. Low five!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0233528/quotes

I don't normally care much for David Spade's comedy but this is a winner quote right here. :'D

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knpstrr said:

"...so where do you go to school?"

1. She names a high school

2. She names a college/university

3. She isn't in school ("Oh so you decided not to go to college after graduating high school?")

A perfectly reasonable way of finding out if she is still in high school or not.

This is how a girl interested in me asked how old I was. She knew I was out of high school so she asked how many years I had been out of high school.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For those who don't want to read the whole thing, this pretty much sums it up.

I don't know if she's lying or not, but I just hope she's 18.

Grelik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic:

Regarding the age thing, one day bring up how horrible you think your drivers license photo is, and see if she'll show you hers for a bit if a giggle. Check birth dae. Get your answer.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grelik said:

@falserelic:

Regarding the age thing, one day bring up how horrible you think your drivers license photo is, and see if she'll show you hers for a bit if a giggle. Check birth dae. Get your answer.

I asked afew co-workers today. People that know her and they said she was 17. I asked the guy that first told me she was 17, to make sure if it's true. He said he was there with her when she said it at their orientation. Then I asked april when's her birthday and she said in January. I didn't bring it up I just let it go at that point. Next thing we was talking, and she said she was thinking of transferring from deli to grocery. I know she hates working in deli, but I wasn't expecting that at all.

At this point I'm going to take a co-worker's advice. He told me to get to know her more before you ask her out, and see if she doesn't have a boyfriend already.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: Getting something to eat is a beginning, getting to know someone type move. Dude really, just go for it.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: Getting something to eat is a beginning, getting to know someone type move. Dude really, just go for it.

Trying to be romantic isn't something I'm used too, but I'll give it a try. Tomorrow I don't have to work, which gives me time to think of what I'm going to do next. Even though it pains me to say this...trying to ask her out turned out harder then I thought for me, but I know I have to be more aggressive with it or else ruin the opportunity..

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By wjb

@truthtellah said:

@falserelic: It honestly sounds like you had a friendly conversation with a coworker today.

Yeah, as much as I enjoy hearing about young love, there's a possibility that all of these interactions are simply friendly conversations with another human being.

Shit, man, I don't even know what to tell you, @falserelic. I dated a girl when I was 22 and she was 18 (for several months until I realized we were miles apart as far as life experiences went), but I knew her and was friendly with her when she was 17 and in high school. At the time, I was at college in a town 2.5 hours from home. We both worked at a small shopping mall that hardly had any customers after a certain time (I worked at a restaurant, she worked at an ice cream shop), so both of us had a lot of downtime to talk and get to know each other. By the time she turned 18, she broke up with her boyfriend (who was around my age, hmm) a couple months after. She mentioned she was always interested in me, so it kind of worked out between us after that, but it took a little convincing for me to be comfortable with the situation. What made me feel better was knowing a lot of her friends were my age and some of them were people I already knew, so it wasn't like I was surrounded by teenagers 24/7.

Honestly, if she's 17, I'd take a step back for a while. You're still young, and at least you have the satisfaction of knowing that a person likes you enough to go out of her way to start conversations with you. Personally, I would go continue being nice, but go about my business and not get too hung up about it. Just because something doesn't work now doesn't mean it can't later.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Touch her shoulder... or maybe just take it easy?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@falserelic: Just go for it and see what happens. I can tell you're probably putting pressure on yourself but really, take a deep breath and just try to care less moment to moment about every little detail. Just try to have fun. If she's interested in you, she will like you just being yourself.

My point keeping telling you to ask her out is that just these little talks at work aren't really ways to get to know someone and you won't be able to tell how much you actually are interested until you do so out of work hanging out.

I liked this girl I worked with but it wasn't until we grabbed dinner together one night that I really had feelings for her. So just go for it and have fun.

And also, I can tell your a shy guy, EVERYONE can. And that's not something to be embarrassed about or pained. Just admit it! And work on it. I used to kind of run from the fact but since I've become more honest with myself and that helped me deal with it and get out of my comfort zone.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers