I Made Song For GIant Bomb!

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By mattysen

It's been updated to Version 2, all the link's now direct you to the new edited version. 

Well it started as a song to annoy my friend's with, doing a shitty freestyle rap over it.
But after they went home I thought to myself "This is something I could imagen on a Giant Bomb video..." So its up for download, incase they or anyone want's it.
It's nothing serious, It took about 20 minutes in full production.  

Notes on the song: Retarted main riff, Zelda Ocarina lead, GARY NUMAN!

Its called Song For Giant Bomb
The only way I could manage to stream it was through Myspace, I cant embed the player but it is the first song on my page.

Stream it from Myspace here
Download the mp3 from RapidShare here
Download the high quality wav file from Rapidshare here

Edit: It is kinda pathetic that this is doing better than all my other stuff that Is serious for views *sigh* oh well at least I dont self promote or spam..

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mattysen

It's been updated to Version 2, all the link's now direct you to the new edited version. 

Well it started as a song to annoy my friend's with, doing a shitty freestyle rap over it.
But after they went home I thought to myself "This is something I could imagen on a Giant Bomb video..." So its up for download, incase they or anyone want's it.
It's nothing serious, It took about 20 minutes in full production.  

Notes on the song: Retarted main riff, Zelda Ocarina lead, GARY NUMAN!

Its called Song For Giant Bomb
The only way I could manage to stream it was through Myspace, I cant embed the player but it is the first song on my page.

Stream it from Myspace here
Download the mp3 from RapidShare here
Download the high quality wav file from Rapidshare here

Edit: It is kinda pathetic that this is doing better than all my other stuff that Is serious for views *sigh* oh well at least I dont self promote or spam..

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By inkeiren

The pitch shifting is really off putting for this song. It's best around the middle, when you have the light percussion and the melody going at the same time. It has a cute atmosphere, but I think the end is harsh. You definitely have written better songs (Ex: Fuck Stu).

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By buzz_clik

See, I liked the second part of it better than the loopy horse-tranq first half! I was wondering where Gary Numan bit came in, and then laughed when it did.

As a piece of comedy music designed to annoy it's pretty successful. As a piece of music I'll listen to more than twice, it's a no-go. But I guess that's what you were going for, right?

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mattysen
@inkeiren said:
" The pitch shifting is really off putting for this song. It's best around the middle, when you have the light percussion and the melody going at the same time. It has a cute atmosphere, but I think the end is harsh. You definitely have written better songs (Ex: Fuck Stu). "
Yeah deffintly, this was a joke that took me about 20 minutes and was made to annoy my friends per-se. I thought it sounded strikingly simular to a song I herd on a Giant Bomb video feature. So I thought Id see what people thing
mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mattysen
@buzz_clik:  I couldnt imagen anyone who would want to listen to it twice, I'l probley have to remove it from my myspace if I want people to take me seriously. But yeah a comady music piece really
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic

thats some fucked up tune me breda ! 

very nice lolz

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By buzz_clik
@mattysen: Actually, I listened to it twice, just to laugh at the Gary Numan bit again. Hey, whadda ya know? I laughed again.
mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mattysen
@Ahmad_Metallic: Exactly!

@buzz_clik:
Funny thing is, I didnt even do it on purpose. I was just messing around with riff's in the key of G and there you have it. Im probley gonna have to take it down soon, they only let 10 featured song's on your page. Thanks for the advice anyway
DickDickenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DickDickenson

Its ridiculous! Giantbomb is good as it is! Dont try to improve it with you music! Its pure perfection. Its all there is. Giantbomb is everything it should be! Its not about you. Giantbomb is nothing you can identify with. 
Giantbomb is just Giantbomb.
Giantbom is Drew, Dave, Jeff, Vinny, Brad, Ryan etc....

What Giantbomb isnt:

Its not YOU!!! There is no you and Giantbomb. There is only Giantbomb!

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mattysen
@DickDickenson: The Song isnt Giantbomb it is simply for Giantbomb.
DickDickenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DickDickenson

No there is no.... seperation between a song for Giantbomb or a song that is Giantbomb. Everything what is Giantbomb is Giantbomb.
You cant become part of Giantbomb. Giantbomb is already perfect. It is all there is.
Your song is only attempting cause of your illusion of this possibility to be Giantbomb.
Your song cant attain that! It will only be YOUR song. And not Giantbomb. Not a song FOR Giantbomb.. and not anything related to Giantbomb!
All it can be is a ridiculous presentation of your thoughts and your illusionary self.

BUT NEVER GIANTBOMB!

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Cube
@DickDickenson said:
" No there is no.... seperation between a song for Giantbomb or a song that is Giantbomb. Everything what is Giantbomb is Giantbomb. You cant become part of Giantbomb. Giantbomb is already perfect. It is all there is. Your song is only attempting cause of your illusion of this possibility to be Giantbomb. Your song cant attain that! It will only be YOUR song. And not Giantbomb. Not a song FOR Giantbomb.. and not anything related to Giantbomb! All it can be is a ridiculous presentation of your thoughts and your illusionary self.  BUT NEVER GIANTBOMB! "
Except "My Heart Belongs to Giant Bomb".
DickDickenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DickDickenson

Thats an illusion! Giantbomb is already all there could be! It is perfect and you cant "improve" it by attaching to it. You cant  rly attach to it  and  you can only create the believe of your relationship with giantbomb. There is no space for "Cube" in Giantbomb. It is perfect! Giantbomb is all there could ever exist in Giantbomb!
Open you eyes. Wake up!

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mattysen
@DickDickenson said:
" No there is no.... seperation between a song for Giantbomb or a song that is Giantbomb. Everything what is Giantbomb is Giantbomb. You cant become part of Giantbomb. Giantbomb is already perfect. It is all there is. Your song is only attempting cause of your illusion of this possibility to be Giantbomb. Your song cant attain that! It will only be YOUR song. And not Giantbomb. Not a song FOR Giantbomb.. and not anything related to Giantbomb! All it can be is a ridiculous presentation of your thoughts and your illusionary self.  BUT NEVER GIANTBOMB! "
Lemme guess..One to many episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion?
inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By inkeiren
@mattysen said:
" @DickDickenson said:
Lemme guess..One to many episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion? "
Hahahahah. Or not enough time spent trolling to learn how to do it well.
DickDickenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DickDickenson
@mattysen:
Imagine Giantbomb as Giantbomb.... then you will realize.... Giantbomb will be forever and was always. Cause to be able to stop Giantbomb or start Giantbomb there must be sth where Giantbomb is! There must be sth Giantbomb can end in. But there is only Giantbomb! All there is is Giantbomb. Even nothing is Giantbomb!

And what is Neon Genisis Evangelion? Is it sth you wanna relate to Giantbomb? Thats not possible! Giantbomb is already all there is... its perfection!
mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mattysen
@inkeiren: Lmao definitely  

@DickDickenson said:

" @mattysen: Imagine Giantbomb as Giantbomb.... then you will realize.... Giantbomb will be forever and was always. Cause to be able to stop Giantbomb or start Giantbomb there must be sth where Giantbomb is! There must be sth Giantbomb can end in. But there is only Giantbomb! All there is is Giantbomb. Even nothing is Giantbomb!   And what is Neon Genisis Evangelion? Is it sth you wanna relate to Giantbomb? Thats not possible! Giantbomb is already all there is... its perfection! "

And this is EXACTLY what your on about

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Emilio

I think it can be a very good song, but your timing is really off on some stuff. Some of the note/key shifts should be changed.

ivanetc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By ivanetc

the synth chords that are going throughout the song aren't really in time with the drums (which are nice might i add) but yeah this really isn't that consistent and it doesn't feel like it has a big theme to it until the big change in the middle which is a lot better

keep going bro. got some nice taste there

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By angelkanarias
@DickDickenson said:
" Its ridiculous! Giantbomb is good as it is! Dont try to improve it with you music! Its pure perfection. Its all there is. Giantbomb is everything it should be! Its not about you. Giantbomb is nothing you can identify with.  Giantbomb is just Giantbomb. Giantbom is Drew, Dave, Jeff, Vinny, Brad, Ryan etc....  What Giantbomb isnt:  Its not YOU!!! There is no you and Giantbomb. There is only Giantbomb! "
quit crack
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By artofwar420

It's cool, needs some lyrics though, things like 

"Giant Bomb GOOOO!!" 
"I make bombs go boooom!"

Loop that shit and you're golden

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mattysen

Verson 2 is out with better timing, quantized and effect's added.

@Emilio:
Tried to fix all those things

@Ivanetc:
Cheers

Thanks for the feedback duders!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23  Edited By jakob187

Not my style, per say...but grats on writing a song for the Bomb!

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By Emilio
@mattysen: 
Sounds way better. I think I shall listen to it again.
mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mattysen
@jakob187: Thanks and I get ya, but have you herd the second part? Its what you get when you spend too much time playing ezmuze hamst3r edition... 

@Emilio: 
Huurray!
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26  Edited By jakob187
@mattysen: Yeah, I heard the Gary Numan part.  The only time I enjoyed anything in the vein of Gary Numan was when Dino Cazares threw that 7-string crunch onto their cover of "Cars": 

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mattysen
@jakob187:  Yeah thats pretty sweet, mabye should of put some guitar on there after that.
Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By pirate_republic

The beat/tempos' a tad off, with the tune. And the beats go off 4/4 once in a while which screws up the pulse... but otherwise, good job.

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mattysen
@pirate_republic: Yeah the loop's I had to work with where really dodgey, especially the main riff and the bongo's