Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Devil240Z

This is my life as it stands,

I need a job. I am in love. I am happy, but I have no money.

Ive spent so much of my life believing that I would eventually commit suicide because I was so unhappy. But I'm not unhappy. I'm so happy it confounds me. I don't know what do to with myself. I wish I could actually work out the money side of my life so that I could get my own house and start a family. I'm in love with an amazing girl, but at the same time I feel naive and stupid. Like its not yet my time to be happy. maybe I have been brain washed by too many romantic comedies or something. I feel like I am still a stupid kid. I'm 23, by the way. I feel like I'm in one of those bad movies where the nerd falls in love with the hot girl at the end.

I just want to ride this high for the rest of my life.

No Caption Provided

and in the end I feel like anyone in "love" would say the same.

Also, I'm drunk and will probably regret having written this tomorrow.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Devil240Z

This is my life as it stands,

I need a job. I am in love. I am happy, but I have no money.

Ive spent so much of my life believing that I would eventually commit suicide because I was so unhappy. But I'm not unhappy. I'm so happy it confounds me. I don't know what do to with myself. I wish I could actually work out the money side of my life so that I could get my own house and start a family. I'm in love with an amazing girl, but at the same time I feel naive and stupid. Like its not yet my time to be happy. maybe I have been brain washed by too many romantic comedies or something. I feel like I am still a stupid kid. I'm 23, by the way. I feel like I'm in one of those bad movies where the nerd falls in love with the hot girl at the end.

I just want to ride this high for the rest of my life.

No Caption Provided

Also, I'm drunk and will probably regret having written this tomorrow.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Devil240Z said:

Pretty much. And you should be happy, because talking like this and being in the confusion you're in is a sign of being alive and happy. Better than being alone and financially stable (yours truly).  
My advice is for you to keep celebrating your love and happiness but take it down a notch, slow down, you're still a bit young for big plans IMO. Focus on getting a job.. Do you go to university?
Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Devil240Z

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Devil240Z said:

Pretty much. And you should be happy, because talking like this and being in the confusion you're in is a sign of being alive and happy. Better than being alone and financially stable (yours truly). My advice is for you to keep celebrating your love and happiness but take it down a notch, slow down, you're still a bit young for big plans IMO. Focus on getting a job.. Do you go to university?

Haha, so it took me this long just to get the courage to read your comment. I went to college for two years but I don't have a degree. I don't know its just not for me. I know I'm smart but school just does not suit me. I mean I know a shit ton about astronomy but I have never taken a class in it. I just learned it on my own because if fascinates me. Also, SHE just earned a four year degree not a week ago. I know I am young still. Also I want to thank you for your reply, I know I'm not unique in my feelings right now. It is just nice to hear that I'm on the right track from a third party. I have a huge amount of love for the giant bomb community. I'm happy that its here for me when I need it.

Avatar image for optimusprime223
optimusprime223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By optimusprime223

Dude I am 30 years old and married, and last year I felt exactly the same way as you do now. To the point I wrote a blog post about hating myself so much and my wife demanded I go to therapy. Let me tell you, therapy sucks, and it wasn't even lay on the couch and talk style, the women just wanted me to read some stuff all the time.

To be fair it helped and I am over it, but I still feel I missed so many things I should have done when I was younger, learning to make games or writing more. I am not good at writing, but I enjoy it and I had a unpaid job at a gaming website for a few months that I really enjoyed, but apparently because I didn't have a degree in english i had no place on the site so they pretty much fired me. Oh well.

Sorry digressing a bit here, the point is your 23, you can make your life what you want it to be. If you cant find the perfect job for you, find a job you at least like and do that, it might not be all you want, but it gets money in to start building your future with your girl. I have been with my wife for 12 years, married for 3 next month, and if your girl is as special as you say she will stick by you no matter what. I know this, because my wife has no reason to stick with me and does, and that makes me love her all the more.

Also, if astronomy only ever becomes a hobby, love it and accept that is what it is, enjoy it for the love of the stars and trust me, you will be happy.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Devil240Z

@optimusprime223: I don't really care what my job is, as long as I can support my various hobbies. but anyway I get the feeling that if I don't break her heart she wont break mine.

hehe, shes asleep in my bed right now and she just rolled over all sleepy and confused why I'm not in bed with her. I guess I should go to bed too.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Finding true love is the hard part, so congrats on getting that over with. Now get out there and make some money!

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Still_I_Cry

Keep us up to date.

I am curious to see how this turns out.

Dexter_Morgan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Dexter_Morgan_

You can be broke and happy... you don't need money until you actually need money. If you have food, a roof over your head, and security I say just ride it out and enjoy what you have instead of wanting more....

But then again I am probably not the best person to take advice from... I just recently created a blog about the shitstorm my life has become. *shrugs shoulders*

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By myke_tuna

Sounds like you're enjoying life. Especially if you really were depressed for a long time beforehand. Good for you, guy.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By N7

Sounds like you've got an addiction to a drug. And from that addiction it is clear that you are high out of your mind.

This drug? LOVE.

Keep it going duder. Keep it going.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Claude

Nice drunk blog. You'll do good things in this world. I can feel it.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By JasonR86

Apology not accepted asshole!

Edit:

Also, when you create a thread while drunk and in that thread title is the phrase "I'm sorry" something has gone terribly wrong.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Devil240Z

@Still_I_Cry said:

Keep us up to date.

I am curious to see how this turns out.

Ive been posting about my life here for some time and will continue to do so, especially if things go wrong.