• 120 results
bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By bennyboy

The vast majority of  vegetarians (including vegans) don't need to take supplements.  The only vital nutrient found in meat that a vegetarian may not get enough of is vitamin B12, which one could get through fortified foods like tofu, soy milk, cereals, and a whole lot of other options.

EpicKool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By EpicKool
@FiestaUnicorn said:
" @DanielJW said:
"
Our teeth aren't actually meant for eating meat.  Our "fangs" are way too small and not very sharp.  If you look at animals that are truly omnivorous their fangs are still much larger and sharper than ours.  They have much smaller insisors for tearing meat off of bone.  Their jaws are also much stronger.  And the biggest reason that some animals kill animals is because they have to survive.  "
yea but we have guns :)
FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By FiestaUnicorn
@EpicKool said:
"@FiestaUnicorn said:
" @DanielJW said:
"
Our teeth aren't actually meant for eating meat.  Our "fangs" are way too small and not very sharp.  If you look at animals that are truly omnivorous their fangs are still much larger and sharper than ours.  They have much smaller insisors for tearing meat off of bone.  Their jaws are also much stronger.  And the biggest reason that some animals kill animals is because they have to survive.  "
yea but we have guns :)"

So do bears:)
EpicKool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By EpicKool
@FiestaUnicorn said:
" @EpicKool said:
"@FiestaUnicorn said:
" @DanielJW said:
"
So do bears:) "
bears dont have guns!at least not ones that kill you
FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By FiestaUnicorn
@EpicKool said:
"@FiestaUnicorn said:
" @EpicKool said:
"@FiestaUnicorn said:
" @DanielJW said:
"
bears dont have guns!at least not ones that kill you "
Bears do have guns!
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#56  Edited By DanielJW
@bennyboy: You do indeed make some good points. I'm willing to peacefully co-exist with my herbivorous betheren, as long as my macho-meat eating ways aren't threatened. :D 

Also bears have guns? Where the hell have I been? I don't want to leave my basement now...
Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By Tiwi

dude I wounder if the only reason they don't eat meat is because they don't want to kill animals. if so that is retarded,  it's like trying to fight Golbal warming on your own.
and BTW human teeth has evolved to be verry versatile even more than a bears. and yes we don't have fangs witch makes it easyer for us to handle our meat and clean it, witch a bear cant do (atleast in the same way)

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Tiwi
@DanielJW said: YES and they're ON THE MOON!
EpicKool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By EpicKool
@FiestaUnicorn said:
" @EpicKool said:
"@FiestaUnicorn said:
" @EpicKool said:
"@FiestaUnicorn said:
" @DanielJW said:
"
bears dont have guns!at least not ones that kill you "
Bears do have guns! "
no they dont!
guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By guiseppe

And you don't seem to know that you can get an equal amount of nutriants, protein and iron from things that aren't meant. Also meat is LOADED with unhealthy growth hormones that do more damage to you than what is told.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By DanielJW
@tiwi: As long as they aren't here.
Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Tiwi
@DanielJW:

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By DanielJW
@tiwi: Well, now I'm terrified.
AzureSupernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By AzureSupernova

Oh noes... in this day and age Vegetarians are shunned as badly as mormons...

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#65  Edited By Symphony
@Sick_J0ke said:
"Shit the average college student is practically a vegetarian with their diets of pizza, ramen noodles, and mac & cheese. "
Quoted for truth. I could practically be considered a vegetarian if it wasn't for grabbing sushi at least once a month and I don't consider myself or try to be one. I enjoy chicken and beef, but it's just so expensive I seldom buy it, sticking with other sources of protein instead.

Having worked in a "health food" store, I could list off TONS of alternative foods you could buy that are full of protein or help prevent any number of diseases. (Just don't get me started on "Organic" food... seriously, if people who buy this stuff new how much gets shrunk and thrown out everyday.... ugg.)

One example of an alternative source of protein is edamame -- a type of soybean. If you ever get the opportunity to try out an Arame (seaweed) & Edamame (soybean) salad, give it a shot! It might sound unappetizing but it's really good and I consider myself to be someone with a "normal" taste in foods.
Shadowsquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Shadowsquire
@cdstacker said: 
@putz: Trust me, we do fine with dairy, nuts, beans and seeds. "
Nuts, beans and seeds... That is exactly why I am not a vegetarian. =P
oDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By oDawg

Try reading up on the subject instead of getting information from your redneck republican dad. Vegetarians get plenty of protein. Meat consumption is linked to many kinds of cancer. High fibre diets (aka vegetarians) reduce your chance of getting numerous forms of cancer.

If you doubt my supreme knowledge, go read up on the topic at the American Cancer Society, or any other cancer society around the world.

Then read up on how meat is produced, and about the legal quantity of pussing tumor that is allowed to be sold as consumer grade AAA meat.

If yer still reading, we could go into peace, non-killing, and love... but thats probably a bit out of your league!

AzureSupernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By AzureSupernova
@oDawg:
Anyone who just read that is now looking sutff up on the oh so reliable Wikipedia....
DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#69  Edited By DarkGamerOO7

Meat isn't the only source of protein, and some vegetarians do eat fish or eggs sometimes.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By The_A_Drain
@DarkGamerOO7:

Most vegetarians eat eggs dont they? Only Vegans that don't.

Also, eating fish is ridiculously hypocritical, if someone is going to become a vegetarian to make a point, eating fish as well just invalidates that point. If they can't get all their required vitamins and minerals without eating fish, then hey, that just proves them wrong.
ZmillA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ZmillA

vegetarians are no fun to eat with.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By The_A_Drain
@ZmillA:

Even worse to cook for. Especially if the fuckers dont tell you they are vegetarian. What do they expect, I mean sure hosts are supposed to be well mannered but not fucking psychic.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#73  Edited By DJ_Lae

I usually keep a package of the driest, most tasteless soy patties in my freezer in the off chance that I have a vegetarian over for a barbeque. Don't want one of those delicious steaks or tenderloins I'm grilling up? Sure, I'll heat you up a rubber patty.

DrainDeimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By DrainDeimo

I don't get it either I find it wierd and trust me there food doesn't taste anything like meat and I had a couple tell me it does.

Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By pirate_republic

I hate vegetarians because they are (or at least the ones I've met) very stuck-up and annoying. For instance, I'd offer to have lunch at some restaurant that serves meat with a group of people, and if one is a vegetarian, they'd make some snarky comment like "Oh no, I don't eat flesh." They seem to think they are single handedly saving the world, and that they are the only sane people. Obviously they're not all like that, but quite a few are.

I'm not sure what this whole vegans/vegetarians deal is, and I don't care, but I also find it immature: just because I don't like carrots, doesn't mean I'll never eat a carrot again... I'll cut back, and have minimal carots. Likewise for vegetarians: if you don't like meat, or you find it immoral or w/e, cut back. No need to eat ten pounds of hemp plant to substitute the protein every day just because you're a prat. Eat minimal meat, maybe stick to fish, but for gods sake, why the hell stop eating it altogether.

And the last reason that I hate vegetarians, is that (the ones that find it immoral) are kind of wusses. I hate to say it, but we are at the top of the food chain, and this is how nature works: eat or be eaten. If nature has flourished for millions of years, why all of a sudden become a total wuss: "how would you feel if someone ate your dad, it's like that for eating cows". No it's not! Cows don't have the capacity to have in-depth emotions: sure, maybe basic ones for survival purposes, but they're frankly too dumb to care to the extent that humans do. They have done scans of cows brains during different situations, and the only part of the brain that kicked up, was the part that deals with fear. Not sadness/anything else.

EDIT: I should also mentioned I don't force this on vegetarians: they can do what the hell they want. I just highly disagree with it.
EDIT2: Reading back in this thread makes it clear to me that the vegetarians in this thread are just as snobbish as the ones I've met in real life. Go figure.

bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By bennyboy

if you're not sure what the whole deal is with them then what right do you have to comment on the validity of what they do? is that not a bit "snobbish" on your part as well?

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By The_A_Drain
@pirate_republic:

Yeah I get that attitude shoved at me a lot, I have one simple response "Go fuck yourself" I don't have the time or the energy to argue with twats like that who think they are superman/woman because they don't eat meat. I do know a couple vegetarians who aren't like that though, but I know (not assuming, they have told me) they feel just as superior and hold much the same views as the asshole vegetarians except they don't say it out loud.
Sick_J0ke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Sick_J0ke
@pirate_republic:
First off, just because fear was the only emotional response recorded from a cow doesn't make it  any better. Sadness is an emotion derived from fear, a psychologist will tell you that. So it's hard to directly measure sadness. 

Second, because something doesn't have the capacity for in-depth emotions makes it okay to kill them for food? Really?! Well then while we're at it I guess we should cook ourselves up some babies.... or even the mentally disabled! MMmmm delicious. 

Third, highest on the food chain? Yea we're so dangerous and badass that we need other people to kill the animal and prepare the meat for us. If you really think we're high on the food chain then do this... buy a goat, and try to kill it, let me know how that goes... Using the "we're the best, biggest, baddest people in the food chain" excuse is not a valid argument. Eating meat is a personal choice, not a necessity of our species. 
PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By PercyChuggs
@Sick_J0ke said:
Shit the average college student is practically a vegetarian with their diets of pizza, ramen noodles, and mac & cheese.
When I was in college, I used to eat the Italian Meats Trio pizza from Papa Johns. I had no idea I was still a vegetarian!
bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By bennyboy
@Sick_J0ke: uh oh watch out now they're gonna start calling you a "preachy vegetarian" for defending yourself
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By The_A_Drain
@bennyboy said:
"@Sick_J0ke: uh oh watch out now they're gonna start calling you a "preachy vegetarian" for defending yourself"

There's a difference between defending yourself, and constantly acting as if you are better than everyone else, or constantly reminding them that you hate them. How about, nobody fucking cares that you're a vegetarian, get the fuck on with it.

I'm not gonna go around telling vegetarians they are stupid, misinformed or whatever else I might happen to think of them, so why the hell do vegetarians have the right to proactively 'defend themselves' it's fucking bullshit.

Now, of course i'm only speaking to those who proactively shove their opinions unto other people, if you aren't one of those vegetarians I wholeheartedly apologize, i'll even cook you up a vegetarian lasagne with courgettes and stuff. But if you are, go the fuck away and stay there, normal people hate you.
PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By PercyChuggs
@Symphony said:
" @Sick_J0ke said:
"Shit the average college student is practically a vegetarian with their diets of pizza, ramen noodles, and mac & cheese. "
Having worked in a "health food" store, I could list off TONS of alternative foods you could buy that are full of protein or help prevent any number of diseases. (Just don't get me started on "Organic" food... seriously, if people who buy this stuff new how much gets shrunk and thrown out everyday.... ugg.)
And most of those health food and organic foods are ridiculously overpriced. One reason a lot of people these days eat more meat, and more fast food in general is because it's relatively cheap. How much does a pound of decent hamburger cost, $3? Now how much does a pound of soy burgers cost? Probably a lot more.
bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By bennyboy
@The_A_Drain: u mad
bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By bennyboy
@PercyChuggs: you don't have to eat organic to eat veg though.  granted you'd be avoiding a lot of the genetic engineering mishaps done by the likes of big agricultural biotechnology companies like monsanto and zeneca, but it's not a requirement. i know i don't.

and the reason it costs more is because people are demanding enough such that supply remains fixed at that equilibrium price.  If it were a problem they'd lower the costs.  econ 101 itt
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By The_A_Drain
@bennyboy:

I'm not mad. It's the same as what always crops up in the religion arguments, noboy minds what you beleive/don't believe, it's the shoving it in peoples faces they mind. Without that we can all get along. Like I said though it works both ways, this topics OP for example is stupid and misinformed. But so are many many vegetarians who persist in annoying people by preaching to them.

Ok so this topic isn't the best place to have any sort of logical discussion because it's just degenerated into vegetarian hate, but in normal surroundings (in my personal experience, so not all of them, just the ones i've had the displeasure of meeting) vegetarians are the first person to say something stupid or misinformed around the dinner table, and then follow it up with something preachy and superior sounding, after that point i'd rather punch them in the face than eat with them. I'm sure you would get the same feeling if I came and sat down at a table of vegetarians scoffing a burger and saying "Green? Fuck, thats the same colour as poison, wouldn't catch me eating any of that shit".

But the ones that don't do that are awsome usually, just like the people I know who are religious, we get on because even though I vehemently disagree with their beliefes, they aren't shoving it in my face all the time, and i'm not shoving my beliefs in theres.
bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By bennyboy
@The_A_Drain said:
" @bennyboy: I'm sure you would get the same feeling if I came and sat down at a table of vegetarians scoffing a burger and saying "Green? Fuck, thats the same colour as poison, wouldn't catch me eating any of that shit".
that's pretty much what's been going on in this thread. a lot of hate for the vegs + vacuous ignorant remarks about their reasons for doing it. and so of course I try to set the record straight.  But you don't see me unleashing the fury the way you did now do you
bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By bennyboy

by the way, if what you've said is true,  you've only met mostly preachy vegetarians because those who don't preach don't make themselves known to you as vegs.  I'm willing to bet the ratio of non-preachy to preachy vegetarians is a lot higher than what you've experienced.

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#88  Edited By Symphony
@PercyChuggs said:
" @Symphony said:
And most of those health food and organic foods are ridiculously overpriced. One reason a lot of people these days eat more meat, and more fast food in general is because it's relatively cheap. How much does a pound of decent hamburger cost, $3? Now how much does a pound of soy burgers cost? Probably a lot more. "
Hehe yep those foods generally are, especially in health food stores. But if people ae willing to pay those silly prices, they're gonna remain that way.

Costco actually has reaaaaally good veggie burger patties a price that is competitive with their meat ones >.> I'm normally not a fan of veggie burgers (like the ones made by YVes and such, ick) but Costco's are full of pure awesome.

If by people eating more meat you mean the fast food types like hamburger meat, then yeah I definitely see your point. However that type of meat really has no health benefits -- you're basically giving that up when you opt to spend less money. Besides, soy burgers are a luxury food item. If you're just looking for protein you can buy different types of soy beans bulk for cheap, cook them or turn them into a salad.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By The_A_Drain
@bennyboy:

Well, theres been a couple of stupid threads like this lately, and my response in all of them has been almost exactly the same. A lot of people are ignorant and stupid, this is the internet. So some asshole starts up a veggy hate thread? It should be obvious from the original post that the thread is going to be full of ignorance and stupidity from people only barely old enough and intelligent enough to have an opinion in the first place. So why even bother to 'defend yourself' from morons like that? You don't need to plain and simple, everyone can see how stupid most of the people in this thread are so by responding you're only further enforcing the attitude these people have, especially by responding in such a sarcastic and preachy manner as some people have.

I've seen other threads on other forums where vegetarians tell me how stupid I am for eating meet, but you know what I do? I go and talk about videogames instead, or a topic that I actually give a shit about. You should probably do the same.

Although tbh this just raises the question why am I here? Hypicritically, i'm bored out of my fucking mind because my gaming chair is uncomfortable as hell right now because of some stitches in my back, I want to be playing Dead Space ;_; but I can only play half hour or so before it gets too uncomfortable again.
bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By bennyboy
@The_A_Drain: ok, if we're going to play that game, then why are you even bothering responding to me.  oh, right, because you're "bored." okay.
bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By bennyboy

oh and if you yourself realize hate and stupidity in this thread the least you could do is not contribute to it by adding more hate and stupidity with your own posts.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By The_A_Drain
@bennyboy said:
"oh and if you yourself realize hate and stupidity in this thread the least you could do is not contribute to it by adding more hate and stupidity with your own posts."

I'm only hating on people who feel the need to preach their shit in peoples faces and act superior. Like I said, any vegetarians that don't get the fucking medal of respect from me i'll even cook them up a nice vegetarian meal, on the house. Besides, if anything i've thrown equal hate at both sides. Check my post on the first page, OP's a fucking moron as are most people who share his ideas. But as I said, so are a lot of vegetarians, probably an equal percentile, I guess it's just human nature to be a dick and assume the rest of humanity should do things your way.

Edit: And i'm allowed to be bored, like I said I can't do a whole lot else right now without risk of hurting myself until something like thursday/friday because i've just had an op. What's your excuse? ;)
bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By bennyboy

oh wait, so you can bored and post here, but if i'm bored i can't because "it's the internet"? my excuse is the same as your excuse, except i didn't  attempt to make a lame cop-out  by telling you "this is the internet. get over it."

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By The_A_Drain
@bennyboy:

Fine whatever preachy-boy, no veggie lasagne for you. I said that a lot of people are clearly not worth arguing with because they are dumb as bricks, perhaps the reason I was arguing with you was to see if I could evoke a reasonable and rational response from you instead of arguing in circles like you are attempting to make me do. So far all you've done is say "B b b but people are hating on vegetarians". So? A lot of you guys hate on meat eaters at the damned table and we have to put up with it.

Of course you can go wherever you like when your bored, don't let me stop you. What I meant was, this is the internet, people will say stupid, misinformed, moronic things, the only thing you do by acting preachy in response is re-enforce other peoples opinions of you. If anything I was giving you some advice, act a little less preachy and you make the OP and his idiotic viewpoints, and people agreeing with him, look even stupider.
Number1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Number1

Yeah screw vegans. They need to embrace being on top of the food chain.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#96  Edited By Arkthemaniac

You can be a vegetarian and still get everything that you could get from meat, through nuts and supplements.

bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By bennyboy
@The_A_Drain: i can make my own vegan lasagna, thanks :)

and okay, since people are hating on vegetarians, you concede that i am allowed to defend them. so what's the problem?  and let me ask you, where in this entire thread have i preached how awesome vegetarians are at all?
Sick_J0ke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Sick_J0ke

1) I'm not a vegetarian.

2) To whoever responded with the sarcastic "I ate meatball trio pizza's from Papa John's and didn't know I was a vegetarian!" most of us don't have enough money to even buy pizza, let alone overpriced ones. I was just saying how alot of people live a vegetarian lifestyle without even knowing it so it's not that bad, but once again in an attempt to look witty and humorous someone took what I said out of context. Great job. 

3) This thread has gone beyond stupid. The whole reason it started was because someone was bored enough to take the time to start a flameware against VEGETARIANS, yea real clever. With that said, you guys can argue amongst yourselves, I refuse to acknowledge the retarded premise of this thread any longer. 
Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By pirate_republic

@Sick_J0ke said:

"@pirate_republic:
First off, just because fear was the only emotional response recorded from a cow doesn't make it  any better. Sadness is an emotion derived from fear, a psychologist will tell you that. So it's hard to directly measure sadness. 

Second, because something doesn't have the capacity for in-depth emotions makes it okay to kill them for food? Really?! Well then while we're at it I guess we should cook ourselves up some babies.... or even the mentally disabled! MMmmm delicious. 

Third, highest on the food chain? Yea we're so dangerous and badass that we need other people to kill the animal and prepare the meat for us. If you really think we're high on the food chain then do this... buy a goat, and try to kill it, let me know how that goes... Using the "we're the best, biggest, baddest people in the food chain" excuse is not a valid argument. Eating meat is a personal choice, not a necessity of our species. 
"

Hmmm... have you ever seen a national geographic nature documentary on, say, lions in Africa? They mercilessly kill, ripping cute little [insert prey here] like it's nothing. Do you think that's right or wrong? You mentioned that just because we're on the top of the food chain doesn't mean we have the right to kill... what about those lions? They're pretty much on the top of the food chain in Africa, and they don't have a problem with it. This goes for every other food chain out there. This is the way it works. Kill or be killed. This system has kept the balance of life in check for thousands of years.

Modernly, thanks to globalization, we can get plants with high protein to supplement our diet, making it possible to survive without meat. But that doesn't mean that we have to throw this successful way of life out the window, just because a few pampered humans, who've never seen the harshness of nature, feel guilty about killing a poor little cow.

Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#100  Edited By Manatassi
Its interesting that as Omnivores we are pretty much the only species that has such a hard fucking time coming to terms with what we eat.
I mean you don't see Wolves sitting around going "Fuck man I feel really bad about the morality of eating that Deer, I mean how do you think it felt to be that Deer dude?!"

Which funnily enough often Vegetarians seem to be the ones who value animals and their feelings, whereas the animals couldn't give a shit. I guess if you want to have issues about eating meat then feel free.

However I would take issue with the way that many of our foods are produced and packaged and the methods that are used in mass production of cheap meat. I would totally support a person who took issue with the poor treatment and cruelty to animals that takes place in the farming industry. 

Becoming a Vegetarian is not a constructive method of dealing with this problem and is more commonly a lifestyle chosen by namby pamby idiots who can afford to buy fresh foods on a regular basis and don't know the real meaning of sacrifice.   
These same people have no concept of what it is like to be financially forced to consume the string of cheaply produced overly processed food simply because there are no other options offered or available. 

The friends that I have had who are Vegetarians and the people I have met through them all swear that it is a feasible lifestyle to live as a vegetarian on the cheap, yet none of them lacked an education, none of them were pulling double shifts to make enough money for the kids that they never see. None of them were forced to prepare a meal in 30 minutes that could feed two kids before they had to go out to their second job to pay the rent for their broom cupboard flat that has a kitchen with a small cooker a microwave and 3 useable cupboards.

Touting the Vegetarian lifestyle as a viable option for the human species is short sighted and self involved. If you are lucky enough to have the option of an education and finances that allow you the freedom to make those choices then fine. But there is no moral high ground for you there. 

Becoming Vegetarian for health reasons rather than morality is also selfish. Fine so you are able to be vegetarian however you are doing nothing to help promote healthy lifestyles as an economically viable option for others. Rather than taking your Vegetables only diet, why not eat a healthy mix of quality locally produced meats from animals that are reared in good conditions and eggs from local free range farms, along side fresh produce from your local suppliers and dairy from Ethically sourced local sources?

Doing this would be a far healthier option and if every person who could afford this option did so it would strengthen the local economy, producing a healthier and subsequently cheaper supply of foods that would become more affordable for less wealthy families. This would increase the health and well being of the local workforce bringing in jobs and providing opportunities for poorer families to eat better. Thus allowing the children who on their mass produced chemical injected food minds are currently unable to make progress in school the opportunity to expand their education and break out of the cycle of poverty so many families are trapped in by the food industry's disgusting policy of profit over morality.      

In short Vegetarianism is useless selfish crap that self involved short minded people subscribe to as a "lifestyle choice" and disregard the rest of the world who don't have a choice at all. 

(This excludes people who cant eat meat for Medical reasons.)

:D