Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By tsolless
@ryanwho said:
" @WinterSnowblind said:
" @MooseyMcMan said:
" Good.  "
Because someone who's done nothing illegal has been arrested on phony charges? Care to elaborate? "
You know he didn't rape a girl? I guess since he's your hero now he's infallible. You know Assange doesn't fully deny the charges, right? I guess you don't know. The theme itt is people not knowing much about the subject matter. "
The charges are not that he raped a girl in the traditional sense.

The charges are that he had sex with them without a condom.
Avatar image for hunkaburningluv
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@tsolless said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @WinterSnowblind said:
" @MooseyMcMan said:
" Good.  "
Because someone who's done nothing illegal has been arrested on phony charges? Care to elaborate? "
You know he didn't rape a girl? I guess since he's your hero now he's infallible. You know Assange doesn't fully deny the charges, right? I guess you don't know. The theme itt is people not knowing much about the subject matter. "
The charges are not that he raped a girl in the traditional sense.  The charges are that he had sex with them without a condom. "
not strictly true.... 

I believe that it was consensual until the woman found out that he wasn't wearing protection, she then said NO and he continued......
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#103  Edited By Red12b
@Turbo_Toaster said:
" @josty81 said:
" Wow the international community sure are committed to pursuing people accused of rape. I assume they're going to spend the same resources on every potential assault case from now on?   "
THIS "
@tsolless said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @WinterSnowblind said:
" @MooseyMcMan said:
" Good.  "
The charges are not that he raped a girl in the traditional sense.  The charges are that he had sex with them without a condom. "
haha 

it's a strange 'ol world we live in eh? 
tsolless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By tsolless
@MooseyMcMan said:

" @Doctorchimp said:

" @MooseyMcMan: You honestly believe everything the US is doing overseas is to make sure your ass is saved? Every action is only motivated by that?  You are sorely mistaken my friend. "

What I'm saying is that the government will operate better and more smoothly if the general public doesn't know every last thing that is going on. No, not everything they do is motivated by that, and I'm sure that a lot of it is motivated by nothing more than politicians wanting to make a profit, but I think things go a lot more smoothly if people don't know about these things.   Whatever happened to the good old days when people supported their government, instead of questioning their every move? What's wrong with being a little patriotic, and showing some support for my government?  "
Are you serious?

Your founding fathers considered patriotism to be keeping militia armies in order to rise up against the government in case the government started going against the wishes of the people.

I doubt that they would be very appreciative thinking of patriotism as being blind.

@hunkaburningluv said:

not strictly true....   I believe that it was consensual until the woman found out that he wasn't wearing protection, she then said NO and he continued...... "

Unfortunately I don't have the time to write out a response, but here is an article that describes the whole thing much better than I could. 

http://www.crikey.com.au/2010/12/02/when-it-comes-to-assange-r-pe-case-the-swedes-are-making-it-up-as-they-go-along/
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#105  Edited By Hamz

Not to get too dramatic about this but I think doing anything to this guy is just going to make him a martyr. Silly politicians!

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By ninjakiller
@MooseyMcMan said:
" @Doctorchimp said:
" @MooseyMcMan: You honestly believe everything the US is doing overseas is to make sure your ass is saved? Every action is only motivated by that?  You are sorely mistaken my friend. "
What I'm saying is that the government will operate better and more smoothly if the general public doesn't know every last thing that is going on. No, not everything they do is motivated by that, and I'm sure that a lot of it is motivated by nothing more than politicians wanting to make a profit, but I think things go a lot more smoothly if people don't know about these things.   Whatever happened to the good old days when people supported their government, instead of questioning their every move? What's wrong with being a little patriotic, and showing some support for my government?  "
Perhaps the stupidest fucking thing I've ever read in my life.  The Gulf of Tonkin incident, the Iraq WMDs lies, Nixon/watergate, torture as a form of interrogation,  prove just how little these bastards deserve our trust.   
Avatar image for hunkaburningluv
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@tsolless said:
" @MooseyMcMan said:

" @Doctorchimp said:

Are you serious?

Your founding fathers considered patriotism to be keeping militia armies in order to rise up against the government in case the government started going against the wishes of the people.

I doubt that they would be very appreciative thinking of patriotism as being blind.

@hunkaburningluv said:

not strictly true....   I believe that it was consensual until the woman found out that he wasn't wearing protection, she then said NO and he continued...... "

Unfortunately I don't have the time to write out a response, but here is an article that describes the whole thing much better than I could. 

http://www.crikey.com.au/2010/12/02/when-it-comes-to-assange-r-pe-case-the-swedes-are-making-it-up-as-they-go-along/
"

cheer mate! Made things a bit clearer
benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108  Edited By benjaebe

He turned himself in. I'm sure he isn't too torn up about it, guys.

fRAWRst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By fRAWRst

See we as the sheep should not question the shepard leading us. We'll just do what sheep are supposed to do, and support the shepard in any way we can. He will lead us to glory and prosperity, as long as we all follow him like sheep. He will keep us safe, feed us, and make money off our wool. It's a win win.

Is this right MooseyMcman?

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#110  Edited By alternate

EVen if the complaining women were put up to it then the swedes have to investigate it and once an international arrest warrant is issued the Brits have to arrest him pending extradition hearings.

It reamins to be proved but just because he is an anti-government hero to a lot of people doesn't mean he isn't also a rapist.

ape_dosmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#111  Edited By ape_dosmil
@alternate: He was already investigated though and the Swedish prosecutor dismissed the case against him back in August and said there was not sufficient evidence against him to prosecute. Senior prosecutors and politicians got involved to re-open the investigation. That's part of the reason it all looks pretty suspect. Why would they have got involved in a standard sexual offences case?
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#112  Edited By Doctorchimp
@ape_dosmil: This is definitely the US trying to get at Assange... 

The lawyer said after the court appearance in London that the prosecutors had absolutely no evidence to show and the judge was wondering where the evidence was as well. 

Not only that but the US just held a mini press conference where they are investigating and making strides in trying to open up a case to file against Assange.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@ninjakiller said:
" @MooseyMcMan said:
" @Doctorchimp said:
Perhaps the stupidest fucking thing I've ever read in my life.  The Gulf of Tonkin incident, the Iraq WMDs lies, Nixon/watergate, torture as a form of interrogation,  prove just how little these bastards deserve our trust.    "
This.
FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By FourWude

DIRTY BASTARD GOVT TACTICS.

Bu bu bu if yoos has nuffin to hide then yoos has nuffin to fear from the gubment... And if you believe that then I have a bridge to sell you over the Pacific.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#115  Edited By grilledcheez

Does it really matter?  Shouldn't you guys give credit to the people obtaining the info? 

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#116  Edited By Djeffers03

I think the rape charges are completely bogus but to be honest he deserves to be punished for the last load of stuff wikileaks released. It was in no way in public interest unlike the Afghanistan stuff and had no benefits being released. All it did was put rightfully secret information out for every terrorist in the world to see.

GIVEMEREPLAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#117  Edited By GIVEMEREPLAY

Apparently "ARRESTED and brought in" for the OP actually means "Turned himself in" to the rest of us. You're a hack, doctorchimp. 

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By TheHBK

This is a pretty big conspiracy me thinks.  Has anyone read the charges and the supposed events?  If they want him to go down for Wikileaks, thats one thing but these charges are ridiculous.  Millions of people would have been raped and lots of children would be rape children if we followed Swedens laws.  According to the reports, he is accused of rape because he had sex with someone, while they were drunk.  Do you know how many times I have been raped then?

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#119  Edited By Jost1
@TheHBK said:
" This is a pretty big conspiracy me thinks.  Has anyone read the charges and the supposed events?  If they want him to go down for Wikileaks, thats one thing but these charges are ridiculous.  Millions of people would have been raped and lots of children would be rape children if we followed Swedens laws.  According to the reports, he is accused of rape because he had sex with someone, while they were drunk.  Do you know how many times I have been raped then? "
every damn day homie
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#120  Edited By wefwefasdf

If I download the files, is there a chance I could get in any sort of trouble? Or is there enough people downloading them that I need not worry?

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#121  Edited By Jost1
@SpikeSpiegel said:
" If I download the files, is there a chance I could get in any sort of trouble? Or is there enough people downloading them that I need not worry? "
SINCERELY doubt you'll get in trouble. It's spread to hundreds of thousands.
veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#122  Edited By veektarius

I've stated it elsewhere - the problem with WikiLeaks is not the sentiment that underlies its activities.  Government transparency is, in controlled doses, a good thing, though I have good reason to believe that voters cannot make informed decisions based on the information released by WikiLeaks.  Have any corrupt politicians been specifically outed?  Is anyone's career on the ropes?  Has anything at all happened that will affect the day-to-day operation of the American government?  All that has happened is that individual activities have been sabotaged, at the expense of America's potential for success in its foreign relations endeavors (which have a very limited bearing on political outcomes).  So, US government remains unchanged, US efforts abroad fail, to the benefit of... whom?   

Will it benefit the free people of the world or will it benefit those countries or organizations who have better-kept secrets?  The ones with draconian laws that would allow them to stop this sort of thing without doctoring rape charges?  Can an honest government win a game where all the other players can cheat?  I don't think so.  I suppose those of you who are anti-US here would support the American government failing in its efforts abroad, but I'm curious which lesser evil you'd have it happen in favor of.  There aren't a lot of products on the market to choose from, and I say that with some regret.  

IRT, I guess that I don't see the point in this ridiculous manhunt on Assange.  The cat's out of the bag, and the guy's got to figure he's on a one way trip - he wouldn't do consent to be taken in unless he'd already spilled everything he had.  if this conversation has accomplished nothing else, it's proved that there are certainly plenty of people of a mindset that would lead them to take his place.  

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#123  Edited By MightyDuck

I'm curious to see how this all plays out.  While Assange comes off as a bit of a scumbag in interviews I've seen, who should be the real villain in the eyes of the U.S. Government?  Is it Assange for allowing his site to offer info of these leaks or is it those who took the data/information in the first place?

Regardless, there is a lot of deep, dark, disturbing things the government keeps from us.  In a way, I find it interesting to see it finally getting out in the open.  I'm only 23, but in my short time, it seems the American Government has progressively started to take more and more from it's citizens (especially after 9/11).  It is systematically getting further and further away from the true ideals of democracy.  Again, just my opinion and I realize maybe I'm just ill-informed.  

I do realize there will be some serious repercussions because of these leaks though.  For those, I can only hope no one is hurt or killed.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Doctorchimp
@GIVEMEREPLAY: Cause it's not like I gave out the original links to the articles or anything.... 

And it's not like that's how BBC reported it when it first happened.... 

But hey lets sit here and split hairs... 
Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#125  Edited By Faint

The more days that pass, the more disgusted I am becoming by the American government and their treatment of an Australian citizen. As far as I'm concerned the Americans shouldn't count on us to help them the next time they feel like starting a war, or need Australia's aid with anything. I'm sure there are things that our government don't want released either, but as a member of the public I am disgusted and insulted beyond belief at his treatment. The way people are sitting back and letting this happen is just awful. It's not even just a matter of this man's innocence, but the fact that America is supposed to be a free country, which we can now all see it really, really isn't.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#126  Edited By Jeust
@josty81 said:
"Governments are here for the people and they damn well should be transparent. "
That was a long time ago. Governments and politicians in general are here now to serve themselves. Everything else comes second.  
Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#127  Edited By Yanngc33

you should have linked wikileaks twitter that's where the fun is at
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Pinworm45

I was all majorly pro Wikileaks.. Until he released an article that had very specific details on where the best spots to commit a terrorist attack against Canada would be, citing areas that were weak such as some Nuclear Reactors, and so on. 

There was absolutely no need to do that. The Diplomatic Cables, fine. Embarassing, nice to know what the Diplomats are really saying, I don't believe any harm will come of that. 

Releasing very detailed articles that contain very specific information many groups who actively want and try to attack us - unacceptable. That is giving very sensitive, threatening information to the enemy. There is absolutely no reason that should have been done. Absolutely none. So while the whole honeypot thing to me is also pathetic, Assange can rot in a prison cell for all I care.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By crunchUK
I find some of the responses from senior US figures quite disturbingly 1984-ish.  
theredcoat24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 22

#130  Edited By theredcoat24

This guy should be charge with espionage, last time I check releasing classified documents is an act espionage. The idea of transparcy is a great idea, but sometime what a countries does is of no business of the people. Wars have been won and stopped by doing things that people. ether don't or don't want to know, and  vice versa, sometimes you need to get your hands dirty so that the people don't. It doesn't matter how you do it, it's that you get it done.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#131  Edited By Gunner
@Pinworm45: When is the last time canada was attacked by a terrorist group? No terrorist feels the need to attack canada because canada doesnt invade middle eastern countries. 

Besides, Assenge asked every country he released documents about on what information they would like to keep out and he received unrealistic responses. 

@theredcoat24:
Governments are in place to serve people, not the other way around. By blindly accepting whatever a government does its a huge surprise we haven't had another 9/11.
Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Deusx
@theredcoat24:  Yeah but that's the thing, the documents he is releasing should NOT be clasified at all since some of them contain ilicit activities performed by different goverments wich is in the first place, something they should not be doing. Consider this as way of breaking the rules for the greater good... I'm not sayin that everything will turn out fine just because wikileaks released those documents but at this moment it seems like the right thing to do on their behalf.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By iam3green

crazy man, this guy is very popular right now. just let him continue releasing things. 

so how about that anonymous people DDOS'ING visa and master card.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#134  Edited By Xeiphyer

I blame wikileaks!

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Example1013
@SpikeSpiegel said:
" If I download the files, is there a chance I could get in any sort of trouble? Or is there enough people downloading them that I need not worry? "
By going to the site, you may end up on some FBI list, but I don't believe that it's technically illegal to download the materials. Just to be safe, though, I'd suggest routing through a few ip-changing services, using private browsing, clearing your cache and history afterwards, and placing the files on an encrypted external storage device. You never know when Big Brother is watching!

I'll post an opinion later.
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Pinworm45
@Gunner said:
" @Pinworm45: When is the last time canada was attacked by a terrorist group? No terrorist feels the need to attack canada because canada doesnt invade middle eastern countries. 

Besides, Assenge asked every country he released documents about on what information they would like to keep out and he received unrealistic responses. 
 "
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. 

Canada has been attacked several times, we've just been fortunate enough to have a very effective counter terrorism group, and most plots against us are foiled. Many, many groups wish to attack us and indeed have done so. 

As for not invading middle eastern countries.. you know we're in Afghanistan, right? 

As for the ridiculousness of him receiving "unrealistic responses".. well I suppose that makes it perfectly okay for him to release information that can seriously harm our infrastructure and lives. 

I don't think so. I hope he rots in that prison.
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Meowshi
@Pinworm45 said:

" @Gunner said:

" @Pinworm45: When is the last time canada was attacked by a terrorist group? No terrorist feels the need to attack canada because canada doesnt invade middle eastern countries. 

"
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.  Canada has been attacked several times, we've just been fortunate enough to have a very effective counter terrorism group, and most plots against us are foiled. Many, many groups wish to attack us and indeed have done so.  As for not invading middle eastern countries.. you know we're in Afghanistan, right?  As for the ridiculousness of him receiving "unrealistic responses".. well I suppose that makes it perfectly okay for him to release information that can seriously harm our infrastructure and lives.  I don't think so. I hope he rots in that prison. "

Those who would trade in their freedom for their protection deserve neither
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Pinworm45
@Meowshi said:
" @Pinworm45 said:

" @Gunner said:

"
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.  Canada has been attacked several times, we've just been fortunate enough to have a very effective counter terrorism group, and most plots against us are foiled. Many, many groups wish to attack us and indeed have done so.  As for not invading middle eastern countries.. you know we're in Afghanistan, right?  As for the ridiculousness of him receiving "unrealistic responses".. well I suppose that makes it perfectly okay for him to release information that can seriously harm our infrastructure and lives.  I don't think so. I hope he rots in that prison. "

Those who would trade in their freedom for their protection deserve neither.  "
The quote is "  They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety". 

And it has nothing to do with anything. Information the US collected on our very weak sensitive areas is somthing that was confidential for a very, very good reason. Such as, those areas not being attacked, and it was written in confidence because they were issues that were going to be worked on - in private. 

Now that information is out in the open. 

That information is not a liberty or a freedom of any kind. And if you don't understand why some information must be kept confidential, such as this, you're a moron. 

Else why don't you just go drive to some really, really poor and run down neighbourhoods and leave all your doors unlocked. Else you're giving up freedom via easy access to your car for a little security.. and thus you deserve neither herp derp
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Gunner
@Pinworm45: Failed attacks arent attacks.. Do you honestly think that canada's counter terrorism group i'snt going to watch the spots pointed out by wikileaks like a hawk? Did you even read the leaks or are you just going by something you heard on the t.v?

Afghanistan wasnt invaded, they along with a coalition countries are there with permission of the afghanistan government to fight the terrorist groups there, Canada had no direct involvement in the Iraq war.

As for him recieving unrealistic responses, i meant that the government told him to release none of the information which, as a reporter, is unrealistic.

Honestly, those reports were released months ago, if terrorist groups were going to do anything they would have already.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Gunner
@Pinworm45 said:
" @Meowshi said:
" @Pinworm45 said:

" @Gunner said:

"

The quote is "  They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety". "
I dont see any quotation marks... He was saying it in his own words.... derp derp?
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Pinworm45
@Gunner said:
"  Honestly, those reports were released months ago, if terrorist groups were going to do anything they would have already. "
No they weren't. I'm not going to waste my time talking to someone who has absolutely no idea what's going on.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Gunner
@Pinworm45 said:

" @Gunner said:

"  Honestly, those reports were released months ago, if terrorist groups were going to do anything they would have already. "
No they weren't. I'm not going to waste my time talking to someone who has absolutely no idea what's going on. "
lol umad.

EDIT- you do know that wikileaks has existed for several years now right?
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Pinworm45
@Gunner said:
" @Pinworm45 said:

" @Gunner said:

No they weren't. I'm not going to waste my time talking to someone who has absolutely no idea what's going on. "
lol umad.  EDIT- you do know that wikileaks has existed for several years now right? "
Why would I be mad because someone on the internet is talking about something they have no idea about? It's not like it's uncommon. 

Hey, look, your edit highlights it: You still have absolutely no idea what's going on.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Gunner
@Pinworm45 said:
" @Gunner said:
" @Pinworm45 said:

" @Gunner said:

lol umad.  EDIT- you do know that wikileaks has existed for several years now right? "
Why would I be mad because someone on the internet is talking about something they have no idea about? It's not like it's uncommon.  Hey, look, your edit highlights it: You still have absolutely no idea what's going on. "
AHA, you found someone who was WRONG on the internet, good job, here is a picture of a kitty on a deer.
No Caption Provided

Even though i was wrong about when the leaks were made, it doesnt mean i dont have a point. So far no one has come to harm from the leaks and there is absolutely no reason to think that people will come to harm. If the government knows about it, chances are they would have had those spots covered a long ass time ago. The government is getting exactly what they want out of you. Fear. 
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Meowshi
@Pinworm45 said:
" @Meowshi said:
" @Pinworm45 said:

" @Gunner said:

"

The quote is "  They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety".  And it has nothing to do with anything. Information the US collected on our very weak sensitive areas is somthing that was confidential for a very, very good reason. Such as, those areas not being attacked, and it was written in confidence because they were issues that were going to be worked on - in private.  Now that information is out in the open.  That information is not a liberty or a freedom of any kind. And if you don't understand why some information must be kept confidential, such as this, you're a moron.  Else why don't you just go drive to some really, really poor and run down neighbourhoods and leave all your doors unlocked. Else you're giving up freedom via easy access to your car for a little security.. and thus you deserve neither herp derp "
I wasn't quoting Benjamin Franklin.  At least not directly. 
theredcoat24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 22

#146  Edited By theredcoat24
@Deusx: The Private correspondence is one thing, yeah it'll make us like assholes for a little bit, but we well get over it. No, he realized sensitive items such as a NATO defense plan for Eastern Europe in case of a war with Russia, that to me is espionage and if he was an American he should tried for treason . Freedom of the press is one thing, but also is common sense, he didn't have to released stuff like the NATO plan or positions of sensitive sites in U.S and Canada, but he did, he made the choice to put people's lives on the line for personal gain and that to me is not okay. Freedom of the press is a good thing but if there story puts peoples lives at risk, then I think censorship is necessary to protect people.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#147  Edited By Milkman

So, they can lock up this guy so easily but it takes them YEARS to even come close to Roman Polanski. Nothing fishy going on here. Nope. 

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#148  Edited By Jayross
@Doctorchimp
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11937110     

Assange was arrested and brought into the Magistrates Court to answer for his rape charges from August. 

EDIT: Assange was REFUSED bail and will remain in custody until December 14.  

In case you wanted to see The Guardian live feed of the court events.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/2010/dec/07/wikileaks-us-embassy-cables-live-updates  

Julian Assange wrote to The Australian, which everyone who was at least slightly interested should read.

http://blogs.theaustralian.news.com.au/mediadiary/index.php        

EDIT: Before I forget, here's a little tidbit I don't think everyone knows about one of the women who accused Assange of rape, even though it was consensual sex...
http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/39394/julian-assanges-accuser-supposedly-tied-to-the-cia/
Oh shit!

Brb, DOSing some websites.
Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kaigan said:
" Pardon my ignorance, but isn't leaking and spreading classified files still a crime, regardless of the intent behind it?   Even if they're using the rape charges as an excuse to detain him for the leaks, he'll still be tried for a crime he committed. Why's this such a huge outrage? "
Not using a condom is classified as rape in Sweden. They are detaining him so they can try and scare off wannabe leakers. 
Do you really care about laws? Or do you care about freedom? 
I read on the WSJ that an American Politician said that they are trying to think of laws that they can use to detain him, while they use the unprotected sex... oh sorry I meant "rape" as an excuse.
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#150  Edited By GreggD

So many would-be revolutionaries in this thread. Fantastic.