Kimbo Slice vs Seth Petruzelli, full fight

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By mike

By request, new topic without spoilers in the title.  If you don't want to know how the fight ends before watching the video, don't read any further! 

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By serbsta

Lol, his name is Kimbo

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Karmum

Probably the luckiest kid in MMA right now.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kush

That was pretty damn fast...a bit odd as well. I just can't help but laugh at the Gamespot advertisement all over that thing :P . It was surprising (maybe not since I don't watch MMA) that both fighters were so nice and humble at the end. None of that trash-talking, cocky BS that I was expecting.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5  Edited By OGCartman

I was really looking forward to Kimbo vs Shamrock. As a am a big fan of both. Shamrock and his legacy of epic fights and Kimbo's brutalness.

But Seth as a replacement? Alright.

SOOOO Suprised Kimbo got knocked out ...... and that quickly lol.
Very sad fight =(

shotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By shotaro

holy shit that was fast

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Jayge_

Man, I hope there's a rematch. No way Kimbo got knocked like that XD

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Karmum
Jayge said:
"Man, I hope there's a rematch. No way Kimbo got knocked like that XD"
He really didn't, he just fell.
OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OGCartman
serbsta said:
"Lol, his name is Kimbo"

Karmum said:
"Jayge said:
"Man, I hope there's a rematch. No way Kimbo got knocked like that XD"
He really didn't, he just fell."
True, it was just unlucky.
Shit happens.
ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#10  Edited By ManMadeGod

This just shows what most of us have known all along: Kimbo is not a good fighter; all he can beat are a bunch of drunk street bums.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mike
Karmum said:
How many times have we seen a trained MMA fighter "just fall" in the ring?  Not very often.  Kimbo Slice may be tough compared to the scrubs he's used to fighting on the internet, but he typically has trouble with trained fighters who know what they're doing.  He walked right into Petruzelli's jab, then got the crap beat out of him after ending up ON HIS BACK on the mat.  That's an ass kicking.  He was so out of he he then tried to shoot the referree and it seemed like it took him a good minute to realize what was even going on around him.

Face it.  If Kimbo Slice didn't have a bunch of videos of him on Youtube punching out nobodies, then we wouldn't even be talking about this fight right now.  He needs to go back to fighting dudes in warehouse parking lots, or something...he clarly isn't ready for the professional MMA scene.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Karmum
MB said:
"Karmum said:
How many times have we seen a trained MMA fighter "just fall" in the ring?  Not very often.  Kimbo Slice may be tough compared to the scrubs he's used to fighting on the internet, but he typically has trouble with trained fighters who know what they're doing.

Face it.  If Kimbo Slice didn't have a bunch of videos of him on Youtube punching out nobodies, then we wouldn't even be talking about this fight right now.  He needs to go back to fighting dudes in warehouse parking lots, or something...he clarly isn't ready for the professional MMA scene."
I'm not a fan of Kimbo, but he didn't get knocked out from those several kicks before he "fell" (I suppose that can be argued). You don't gain super stardom from street fighting, against people who are out of shape, and have less knowledge than Kimbo, when it comes to fighting.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mike
Karmum said:
I'm not a fan of Kimbo, but he didn't get knocked out from those several kicks before he "fell" (I suppose that can be argued). You don't gain super stardom from street fighting, against people who are out of shape, and have less knowledge than Kimbo, when it comes to fighting."
That's pretty much what Kimbo Slice is famous for...and how closely did you watch the fight?  Kimbo got stunned with a right jab, went down, then got his ass kicked. 
Schizoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Schizoid

Damn, Kimbo went down fast. I thought he was tougher than that from what I could gather from his other videos.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OGCartman

This is the whole fight!

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16  Edited By kush
Tarsier said:
"Kush said:
"That was pretty damn fast...a bit odd as well. I just can't help but laugh at the Gamespot advertisement all over that thing :P . It was surprising (maybe not since I don't watch MMA) that both fighters were so nice and humble at the end. None of that trash-talking, cocky BS that I was expecting."
Do you ever watch UFC? There is never any of that after a fight."
Nope...I don't watch the UFC because I don't really find it appealing, but it's nice to hear that there is none of that BS in UFC etc.
Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By Shawn

Slice got dropped like soap in a prison

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By OGCartman
Kush said:
"Tarsier said:
"Kush said:
"That was pretty damn fast...a bit odd as well. I just can't help but laugh at the Gamespot advertisement all over that thing :P . It was surprising (maybe not since I don't watch MMA) that both fighters were so nice and humble at the end. None of that trash-talking, cocky BS that I was expecting."
Do you ever watch UFC? There is never any of that after a fight."
Nope...I don't watch the UFC because I don't really find it appealing, but it's nice to hear that there is none of that BS in UFC etc."
Respect is important in Martial Arts.
But in UFC, i could care less, id rather see anger >:D
Evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Evilross

Everyone with any knowledge of MMA knew that Slice would get handled by any legit MMA fighter. I was shocked that EXC let him get in the cage with Petruzelli, it was a fight they had to know he wasn't going to win.

I never hated Kimbo, I'm glad he's made some money for himself and his family, but its time he moved on. He'll never be a contender in MMA, but hes got a good head on his shoulders, perhaps a pro westling company like TNA or WWE would pick him up.

This whole Kimbo charade wasn't his doing, it was Shaw and Bas Rutten that set this crap up. EXC is a terrible promotion, I hope Affliction severs ties with them ASAP, and EXC goes away forever.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By OGCartman
We can all only hope for Brock vs Kimbo!
AttackedCamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AttackedCamo
Cartman said:
"We can all only hope for Brock vs Kimbo!"

I would totally watch that.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HandsomeDead
Cartman said:
Brock would destroy Kimbo even faster than Seth did.
OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By OGCartman
HandsomeDead said:
"Cartman said:
Brock would destroy Kimbo even faster than Seth did."
Haha, i think Brock would win.
Because Brock has amature wrestling experiance, has technique and is a heavier hitter than Kimbo.

But it would be sweet watching them throw heavy punches n kicks at eachother, hope for some blood.
I think Brock would get a double leg takedown on Kimbo then just beat teh fuck outa him
Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Clean

looked like Kimbo forgot his balls when he walked into the ring

LoZone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LoZone

that was the lamest fight ever,  i am surprised that guy won though.

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By Bennyishere

Aw, I thought the fancy beard ensured Kimbo a clean win streak. It dampens and confuses at the same time.

KiddSushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KiddSushi

You can't see it in the video, but before the fight, Kimbo snubbed him when Seth put his hand out to punch gloves.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TwoOneFive
Cartman said:
"This is the whole fight!

"
lol, and the TC posted a youtube video. this shit was over before it began man
OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By OGCartman
TwoOneFive said:
"Cartman said:
"This is the whole fight!

"
lol, and the TC posted a youtube video. this shit was over before it began man"
Lmao yee.
Very anticlimactic.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TwoOneFive
Evilross said:
"Everyone with any knowledge of MMA knew that Slice would get handled by any legit MMA fighter. I was shocked that EXC let him get in the cage with Petruzelli, it was a fight they had to know he wasn't going to win.

I never hated Kimbo, I'm glad he's made some money for himself and his family, but its time he moved on. He'll never be a contender in MMA, but hes got a good head on his shoulders, perhaps a pro westling company like TNA or WWE would pick him up.

This whole Kimbo charade wasn't his doing, it was Shaw and Bas Rutten that set this crap up. EXC is a terrible promotion, I hope Affliction severs ties with them ASAP, and EXC goes away forever."
i agree with you man. he isn't skilled in this sport, he's just very strong and has very hard punches. all he had to do was connect with this guy. but this guy is fast and more skilled than anyone else he has fought before. 
Evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Evilross
TwoOneFive said:
"Evilross said:
"Everyone with any knowledge of MMA knew that Slice would get handled by any legit MMA fighter. I was shocked that EXC let him get in the cage with Petruzelli, it was a fight they had to know he wasn't going to win.

This whole Kimbo charade wasn't his doing, it was Shaw and Bas Rutten that set this crap up. EXC is a terrible promotion, I hope Affliction severs ties with them ASAP, and EXC goes away forever."
i agree with you man. he isn't skilled in this sport, he's just very strong and has very hard punches. all he had to do was connect with this guy. but this guy is fast and more skilled than anyone else he has fought before. 
"
Kimbo is just not very good, and thats the facts of the matter. He's a brawler, not a MMA fighter. Seth is a legit MMA fighter, and he's also got a couple K1 fights under his belt. He made it to the semi's in season 2 of The Ultimate Fighter were he lost to Brad Imes.

He got a few fights in the UFC anyway, and went a respectable 2-2, one of his losses was a decision to Matt Hammel, and that shows he's pretty tough. Matt is a beast at 205, one of the best wrestlers at that weight.

Here is a vid of Seth fighting in K1 agaist Bob "The Beast" Sapp.  Sapp fought K1 and he did MMA in pride. He's kinna like KImbo, but much, much bigger. All power, no skill. If this was an MMA fight, Seth would have finished him after the knockdown. Seth ended up tearing his biscept on a wiffed punch and the fight was stopped.

Notice he floors Sapp with the same short right from the inside he dropped Kimbo with.