Ladies and Gentlemen...we're goin to Lybia.

• 192 results
JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By JerichoBlyth
@ryanwho said:
" @JerichoBlyth said:

" @august:   A war is organised. Rebel fighting is happening all over the world each and every single day...only reason we're covering this one so much is because they have oil. But of course, you already knew that.   ...Ameeeeeericaaaa Fuck Yeah.....-_- sigh here we go a-bloody-gain. "

None of that is true at all. And I could prove it by asking you what country this happened in yesterday that nobody covered and where its happening today that's not being covered. And you wouldn't have an answer because you're full of shit and just spouting asinine talking points. Take a time out while the adults talk. Libya is a big deal because its such a large rebellion. Kind of like Tunisia was a big deal, even without the oil. And Bahrain. And Egypt. Fucking retard. "

Who are you to say what is or isn't true? This a videogame forum full of people spouting out sensationalism and fun comments about a serious situation. Why? Because this isn't the epicenter of current affairs on the internet. If you want to have a serious discussion about this - I suggest you begin a new topic and specifically ask people not to leave stupid comments.

What a cunt.
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#152  Edited By damnboyadvance

It's going to take a few weeks for this thing to actually work. Last I heard, Libya's air defense was pretty good.

JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#153  Edited By JB16
@damnboyadvance said:
" It's going to take a few weeks for this thing to actually work. Last I heard, Libya's air defense was pretty good. "
Lol you heard wrong. Lybia's air defenses are all 30-40 years old, modern stealth bomber have the ability to take them out before they are even operational. In all honesty NATO will probably be bombing targets and achieving air superiority by the end of the week.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#154  Edited By HandsomeDead

I'm not sure what's worse: Misguided military talk or the descent from that to discussing metal. It's like the barrel has no bottom.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Example1013
@PeasantAbuse said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
"and there goes Libya's freedom.. just another arab country with america's dick up its ass  enjoying ruling and exploiting it, get all the resources and oil you can "
 This is the UN not just America, fucking moron. "
Well, not anymore. In the 1940s/50s, the UN pretty much was America...
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#156  Edited By Dalai

I am so glad I don't go to Giant Bomb for political news and analysis.

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By hero_swe
@blacklabeldomm said:
"

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
"

@Hero_Swe said:
"

@blacklabeldomm said:
"

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
"

@Hero_Swe said:
"

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
"

"
actually i love America.. you gave me metal music, 

"
I take offense to the fact you're confusing America with Sweden.

"
what does Sweden have to do with this? if theres anyone that should take offense, its the Brits, since Black Sabbath created metal 
what i meant was that the US co-created it ^^ 

"
LOL Metalheads don't know their own history, this is the most hilarious thing I've seen in a while XD

"
Oh I know the history. It's just that TRUE metal comes from Sweden and other Scandinavian/Nordic/Germanic countries.

"
i think he's saying that I dont know metal history because im saying it came from Sabbath firstly, its not "my history".. its just a music genre, its not a religion. im proud to be ignorant or misinformed because too much knowledge doesnt feel right  and secondly, how did metal originate in Sweden? what bands are we talking here ? the greatest band of all time is Opeth, a swedish band, but we're talking origins so whats up ?

"
Heavy Metal music originated with Black Sabbath, that is an historical fact! Get it right! I have no clue why any of you mention Swesen or the USA in regards to this issue.

"

Again. Missing the point, Metal might have originated from Black Sabbath, but. TRUUEEEEEEEE Metal comes from where I said before.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By HandsomeDead
@Hero_Swe: Jesus Christ, who gives a fuck? The person you're arguing with could pass for a genuine retard.
Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#159  Edited By Vinny_Says
@Hero_Swe said:
" @blacklabeldomm said:
"

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
"

@Hero_Swe said:
"

@blacklabeldomm said:
"

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
"

@Hero_Swe said:
"

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
"

"

"

"
what does Sweden have to do with this? if theres anyone that should take offense, its the Brits, since Black Sabbath created metal 

"
LOL Metalheads don't know their own history, this is the most hilarious thing I've seen in a while XD

"
Oh I know the history. It's just that TRUE metal comes from Sweden and other Scandinavian/Nordic/Germanic countries.

"
i think he's saying that I dont know metal history because im saying it came from Sabbath firstly, its not "my history".. its just a music genre, its not a religion. im proud to be ignorant or misinformed because too much knowledge doesnt feel right  and secondly, how did metal originate in Sweden? what bands are we talking here ? the greatest band of all time is Opeth, a swedish band, but we're talking origins so whats up ?

"
Heavy Metal music originated with Black Sabbath, that is an historical fact! Get it right! I have no clue why any of you mention Swesen or the USA in regards to this issue.

"
Again. Missing the point, Metal might have originated from Black Sabbath, but. TRUUEEEEEEEE Metal comes from where I said before. "
Would you be nice enough to define "true" heavy metal for me? Oh wait, I don't give a fuck. 

@HandsomeDead said:
" @Hero_Swe: Jesus Christ, who gives a fuck? The person you're arguing with could pass for a genuine retard. "
I care! Is he going to sit there and deny historical facts? Next he's going to tell me that hip hop didn't start in the Bronx and that Johnny Cash was a Chinese folk singer?
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By HandsomeDead
@blacklabeldomm said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
" @Hero_Swe: Jesus Christ, who gives a fuck? The person you're arguing with could pass for a genuine retard. "
I care! Is he going to sit there and deny historical facts? Next he's going to tell me that hip hop didn't start in the Bronx and that Johnny Cash was a Chinese folk singer? "
I highly doubt anyone who listens to Johnny Cash or anyone who listens to hip hop outside of a whiteboy backpacker trying enforce cred would take an argument that dumb to more than a flippant fuck off.
hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By hero_swe
@blacklabeldomm said:
"

@Hero_Swe said:
"

@blacklabeldomm said:
"

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
"

@Hero_Swe said:
"

@blacklabeldomm said:
"

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
"

@Hero_Swe said:
"

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
"

"

"

"

"

"

"

"

"
Again. Missing the point, Metal might have originated from Black Sabbath, but. TRUUEEEEEEEE Metal comes from where I said before.

"
Would you be nice enough to define "true" heavy metal for me? Oh wait, I don't give a fuck. 

@HandsomeDead said:
"

@Hero_Swe: Jesus Christ, who gives a fuck? The person you're arguing with could pass for a genuine retard.

"
I care! Is he going to sit there and deny historical facts? Next he's going to tell me that hip hop didn't start in the Bronx and that Johnny Cash was a Chinese folk singer?

"

"Oh wait, I don't give a fuck." 

You know what would be awesome? If this was a japanese courtroom and I could totally throw out OBJECTION! when you contradict yourself which I imagine is what happens next in your post

"I care!" 

OBJECTION!

@HandsomeDead said:
"

"

I don't, I just like to screw with people :P.  
Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#162  Edited By Vinny_Says
@Hero_Swe said:
" @blacklabeldomm said:
"

@Hero_Swe said:
"

@blacklabeldomm said:
"

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
"

@Hero_Swe said:
"

@blacklabeldomm said:
"

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
"

@Hero_Swe said:
"

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
"

"

"

"

"

"

"

"

"

"

@HandsomeDead said:
"

"

"

You know what would be awesome? If this was a japanese courtroom and I could totally throw out OBJECTION! when you contradict yourself which I imagine is what happens next in your post

"I care!" 

OBJECTION!

@HandsomeDead said:
"

"
I don't, I just like to screw with people :P.   "
Oh are you now going to start telling me that the Japanese invented the system of courts and juries? 

Well it was fun messing with ya'll and making this thread very long. Later!
hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By hero_swe
@blacklabeldomm said:
"

@Hero_Swe said:
"

@blacklabeldomm said:
"

@Hero_Swe said:
"

@blacklabeldomm said:
"

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
"

@Hero_Swe said:
"

@blacklabeldomm said:
"

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
"

@Hero_Swe said:
"

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
"

"

"

"

"

"

"

"

"

"

@HandsomeDead said:
"

"

"

"I care!" 

OBJECTION!

@HandsomeDead said:
"

"
I don't, I just like to screw with people :P.  

"
Oh are you now going to start telling me that the Japanese invented the system of courts and juries?                 Well it was fun messing with ya'll and making this thread very long. Later!

"

Ofcourse! The japanese are WAAAAAAAAY smarter than us. Why do you think everything that is ever made has a "Made in China" sticker on it?
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Meowshi

I wish we lived in the world of video games, where one sniper or assassin can take down dictators.  

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By InternetCrab

This is gonna be tense.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#166  Edited By ArchScabby

This is weird this thread started out about Lybia, and now it seems it's about metal music or something??

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By MeierTheRed
@ArchScabby said:
" This is weird this thread started out about Lybia, and now it seems it's about metal music or something?? "
Indeed, it degraded pretty quickly. After reading the pages i now feel much dumber than i was before.
abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#168  Edited By abdo

Oh hi, I'm a Libyan, ask me anything.

This thread is about Libya... right?    
PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I wish I had been here for this lame ass metal argument, I would have schooled these fucktards.
luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By luce

No Caption Provided
PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#172  Edited By Hailinel
@abdo said:
"
Oh hi, I'm a Libyan, ask me anything.

This thread is about Libya... right?     "
In theory it was, at some point.
ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#173  Edited By ThePickle

War. War never changes.  

War... has changed. 

I find it disheartening that people are pointing fingers at the US. It's France, Britain, and the US. Also, the likelihood that ground troops will be sent is nonexistent. 

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#174  Edited By EpicSteve
@HandsomeDevil said:
" War. War never changes.   War... has changed.  I find it disheartening that people are pointing fingers at the US. It's France, Britain, and the US. Also, the likelihood that ground troops will be sent is nonexistent.  "
Yeah, this is a Navy/Airforce thing.  

Also, of all the people the French attack first!? 
august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By august
@EpicSteve said:

" @HandsomeDevil said:

" War. War never changes.   War... has changed.  I find it disheartening that people are pointing fingers at the US. It's France, Britain, and the US. Also, the likelihood that ground troops will be sent is nonexistent.  "
Yeah, this is a Navy/Airforce thing.   Also, of all the people the French attack first!?  "
The general opinion is that Sarkozy and France are over-compensating due to France's strong political and financial ties to Gaddafi and other dictators in recent years.
warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#176  Edited By warxsnake
@EpicSteve said:
" @HandsomeDevil said:
Yeah, this is a Navy/Airforce thing.   Also, of all the people the French attack first!?  "
The French airforce is one of the best 

Also I'm American, before the cheese jokes come in.  
one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#177  Edited By one_2nd

I think it wasn't a bad move, but I fucking love how the liberals won't be able to talk about Bush and Iraq anymore. This is fantastic. 

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By august
@one_2nd said:
" I think it wasn't a bad move, but I fucking love how the liberals won't be able to talk about Bush and Iraq anymore. This is fantastic.  "
No one is putting soldiers on the ground. They are not even close to being commensurable.
one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By one_2nd
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Hero_Swe said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
"

"

"
I take offense to the fact you're confusing America with Sweden. "

@Bismarck said:
"
No Caption Provided
^ Next step "
exactly ! "
Whoever made this picture obviously knows nothing about what's going on. We were destroying their anti-aircraft defense. And what the fuck's with the American flag? France started first, and England shot a lot of missiles as well. 
one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By one_2nd
@august said:
" @one_2nd said:
" I think it wasn't a bad move, but I fucking love how the liberals won't be able to talk about Bush and Iraq anymore. This is fantastic.  "
No one is putting soldiers on the ground. They are not even close to being commensurable. "
It's just the principle of it all, getting us involved period. Don't get me wrong, I'm not some asshole conservative, I'm just tired of this: 

>OMG BUSH IS THE WORST EVAR 
>why? 
>FFFFFFFFFF- YA KNOW, IRAQ. DON'T YOU WATCH MSNBC?!
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By ryanwho

I won't hold it against France for growing a spine and a conscience, I just wonder what all the smug Frenchmen in spirit do in reaction to something like this. So they find an arbitrary excuse as to why its okay in this case but not others? What a rough conundrum for douchebags.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#182  Edited By warxsnake

Holy shit. 

Just to clarify, because, wow.  

This has nothing to do with the US wanting to go to war, I think they could care less even though Libya has oil.  

They are just clearing out air defense positions with the use of cruise missiles along with the british. The US is using Arleigh Burke class destroyers to fire Tomahawks, while the UK is using submarines to do the same, as well as their own airforce comprised of ground attack Tornado fighters who have flown 3000miles from the UK to fire standoff cruise missiles (Storm Shadow, similar to Tomahawk) to get rid of the old Russian S-200 SAM sites that are a threat to any NATO aircraft.  

The French are probably using their Rafales (about time) and Mirage 2000D.  

The Emirates are going in as well alongside the French with F16F (F16 Block 60, most advanced version). 
Quatar is going in with old Russian and French assets (Migs and Mirage F1's). 

The US is only serving as a backbone and door-opener alongside the UK to allow all these planes to get in and establish the no fly zone. However the authority they received from the UN does not prevent any of these NATO forces to deploy forces on the ground if needed (Special forces, small tactical groups), as long as it's not an occupying force. 

Basically what this coalition force is meant to do is to show Ghadafi the limited amount of options he has left. Surrender or keep being a dick and die. It's completely up to the Nation's own murderous and crazy dictator whether or not you will see more or less force used in the coming days.

Arleigh Burke US destroyer

UK Trident class submarine  

UK Tornado GR4 with two Storm Shadow missiles on its belly 

French Rafale and Mirage 2000D 

Emirates F16-F (Block 60)  

This is Libya's primary SA weapon, it's old but has long range. 

S-200 
neozeke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By neozeke
@Hero_Swe: Dude stop being an elitist, metal is metal. Just because it's well known doesn't make it false metal. Anyways, there's something much more important going on that's much more worthy of discussion. Just stop.
amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#184  Edited By amomjc
@Jimbo said:
" You spelled Labia wrong.    Amazing that the UN actually passed something.  I love how the UK government has been pushing hard for this for weeks, even though we have about 2 Spitfires and a Sopwith Camel left to actually enforce it with. "
That made me laugh.
RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By RsistncE

Unless the international community modifies the parameters of the mission to aid the rebels in taking over power from Ghaddafi then the end result is going to be just as messy as it was before the enforcement of the no-fly zone began.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#186  Edited By Trilogy

Why did I even open this fucking thread.

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By hero_swe
@neozeke said:
"

@Hero_Swe: Dude stop being an elitist, metal is metal. Just because it's well known doesn't make it false metal. Anyways, there's something much more important going on that's much more worthy of discussion. Just stop.

"

Okay Mr.Latetotheparty.
fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By fattony12000

Bismarck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Bismarck
@one_2nd:  The pick is from back when America entered Iraq, but it represents the situation in total.
"Uh oh we come to save you" destroy half of the country and their economy, get what you need, leave and let them figure how to bring things back to normal on their own saying" You'll be fine"
shinigami420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By shinigami420

Here's what happened in Libya:

1. Gaddafi pushes for a single African government

2. Gaddafi plans oil for gold trade amidst the predicted collapse of the EU currency (which is happening now)

3. NATO allies don't like this proposal

4. Heavily armed 'Freedom fighters' emerge out of no where and start riots

5. Media blows it out of proportion and says Gaddafi is killing civilians

6. NATO bombs Libya

7. Libyan 'rebels' get more attention, spread throughout

8. Gaddafi's son and grandkids are killed by NATO bombing but the news is overshadowed by bin Laden death

9. Al-Jazeera reports Tripoli captured by rebels but use fake set and footage from a studio in Qatar

10. Gaddafi supposedly flees Libya

11. Tripoli reportedly captured

12. Gaddafi's oldest son emerges, says the Libyan people are well and with the Gaddafi family and Tripoli is not captured by 'rebels'

13. Rebels get crazier, start killing black people

14. Media coverage faded

shinigami420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By shinigami420

@mutha3 said:

One of the UN core principles is to safeguard human-rights, and prevent atrocities against people. You know, like hiring foreign mercenaries to cut off the legs and hands of people protesting with signs. And opening fire on these people.

Rebels have repeatedly charged that mercenary troops from Central and West Africa have been used against them. The Amnesty investigation found there was no evidence for this. "Those shown to journalists as foreign mercenaries were later quietly released," says Ms Rovera. "They were sub-Saharan migrants working in Libya without documents."

Others were not so lucky and were lynched or executed. Ms Rovera found two bodies of migrants in the Benghazi morgue and others were dumped on the outskirts of the city. She says: "The politicians kept talking about mercenaries, which inflamed public opinion and the myth has continued because they were released without publicity.

"One of the UN core principles is to safeguard human-rights, and prevent atrocities against people.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@PeasantAbuse said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
"and there goes Libya's freedom.. just another arab country with america's dick up its ass enjoying ruling and exploiting it, get all the resources and oil you can "
This is the UN not just America, fucking moron.

Hey, I'm not sure if you missed the memo but the UN is hosted in by America. I know, I know, you think it's housed in Geneva but that's just on paper.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@SeriouslyNow said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
"and there goes Libya's freedom.. just another arab country with america's dick up its ass enjoying ruling and exploiting it, get all the resources and oil you can "
This is the UN not just America, fucking moron.

Hey, I'm not sure if you missed the memo but the UN is hosted in by America. I know, I know, you think it's housed in Geneva but that's just on paper.

Awesome, brah.