Latest PPV and weekly show discussion thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

My thoughts.
My thoughts.

@hockeymask27 said:

I like the new belt without the bull plates. I think having the bling on every part doesn't make the middle look so bad.

No Caption Provided

If that's real, and it will look like that after Rock drops it, I can live with it I guess...

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10452  Edited By williamhenry

@totaboy said:

I don't like all the empty black space. It looks cheap. Like I could buy it for fifty dollars.

Also, I think the W logo is outdated. They need a new, less "90s edgy" logo.

There have been leaks of proposed logo redesigns, but for whatever reason, they have held off on making them official. From the few I've seen, they have made the right call. Its safe to say that they won't be changing the logo anytime soon after unveiling the new title.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://www.infowars.com/wwe-creates-racist-wrestler-to-demonize-tea-party/

Oh this Jack Swagger stuff is going to be fun.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#10454  Edited By turboman

@totaboy said:

I don't like all the empty black space. It looks cheap. Like I could buy it for fifty dollars.

There have been leaks of proposed logo redesigns, but for whatever reason, they have held off on making them official. From the few I've seen, they have made the right call. Its safe to say that they won't be changing the logo anytime soon after unveiling the new title.

I remember last year, there was a new logo for the WWE Network that looked kinda... bad.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10455  Edited By joshthebear

Man, Ambrose does some weird things with his facial expressions:

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@turboman said:

@williamhenry said:

@totaboy said:

I remember last year, there was a new logo for the WWE Network that looked kinda... bad.

Yup...

No Caption Provided

Also, WWE responded to the outrage about Swagger and Zeb:

“WWE has a long history of creating fictional characters that serve as either protagonists or antagonists, no different than other television shows or feature films,” said Brian Flinn, WWE’s senior vpmarketing and communications. "To create compelling and relevant content for our audience, it is important to incorporate current events into our storylines.

“WWE is creating drama centered on a topical subject that has varying points of view to develop a rivalry between two characters," he adds. "This storyline in no way represents WWE’s political point of view. One should not confuse WWE’s storytelling with what WWE stands for, similar to other entertainment companies such as Warner Bros., Universal Studios or Viacom.”

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/wwe-addresses-complaints-bashing-tea-422461

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are we getting so wound up about a wrestling gimmick? WWE programming reaches 14 million Americans every week – and millions more worldwide. To put it in context – that’s more than 10 times the amount of viewers who watch America’s top rated news show, The O’Reilly Factor.

This, specifically, made me laugh.

Dynablade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10459  Edited By Dynablade

@williamhenry: Hmmm...I disagree

No Caption Provided

As for the new belt design it looks a hell of a lot better then the spinner one. In my opinion the new title looks more professional and less toy like.

I thought Raw was ok last night. Jericho joining the fight against the Shield was cool seeing, Ricardo stealing Dolph's briefcase before he could cash it was awesome and troll worthy, and that whole match with the Shield was pretty decent and should have went on as the main event match.

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By the way, none of the Raw guys are at the Smackdown taping since they're on their way to the Middle East (The Divas are there since they can't work in that part of the world).

Saturday Morning Slam Spoilers:

• Natalya defeated AJ Lee.
  • Daniel Bryan defeated Wade Barrett. Kane was on commentary.

Superstars Spoilers:

• Sin Cara defeated Drew McIntyre.
  • The Funkadactyls (Cameron and Naomi) defeated Natalya and Alicia Fox.

Main Event Cliffsnotes:

• The announcers were Miz and Cole.
  • Show opened the show and moaned about losing at EC and blamed Booker T. He said he was facing the locker room.
  • Big Show defeated The Usos.
  • Big Show defeated Brodus Clay.
  • Big Show defeated The Great Khali.
  • The Miz defeated Big Show by count out when Miz dropkicked him out of the ring and Show just left.
  • Brad Maddox was interviewed. He called him and Vicky running Raw the Bicky Era.
  • They showed the Swagger/Zeb video again.
  • Justin Gabriel was interviewed and was interrupted by Titus O'Neil.
  • Justin Gabriel defeated Titus O'Neil.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10461  Edited By Milkman

This song will be playing in my head for the rest of my life.

Loading Video...

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10462  Edited By joshthebear

@milkman: Oh god yes. I was trying to find this after hearing it on the newest botchamania.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10463  Edited By turboman

That moment when you remember that Billy Corgan from Smashing Pumpkins also owns a wrestling promotion...

Loading Video...

Also, Big E is orchestrating a reverse hunger strike until his Twitter account is verified.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#10464  Edited By musubi

@joshthebear: Anyone besides me think that Ambrose took some inspiration from Heath Ledger's Joker in Dark Knight? Like you said a lot of the facial expressions and mannerisms remind me of the joker from dark knight.

TJ311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10465  Edited By TJ311
Loading Video...

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papercut said:
No Caption Provided

Is...is he...wearing an ICP shirt? Shit, he really is lost.

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smackdown Cliffsnotes:

• Alberto Del Rio opened the show and talked about Swagger's new personal views. He calls him out, but Randy Orton shows up instead. Randy wants to face Jack Swagger. Booker T comes out and makes Swagger/Orton and Del Rio/Barrett.
  • Sheamus defeated Damien Sandow with the Brogue Kick.
  • Kaitlyn and Layla defeated Aksana and Tamina when Kaitlyn speared Tamina.
  • Backstage segment with Zeb, Swagger and Barrett. Zeb said that Barrett was part of "The Problem" and hoped that Barrett and Del Rio would kill each other tonight.
  • Jack Swagger (w/ Zeb Colter) defeated Randy Orton with The Roll-Up of Doom. Zeb was getting cheered by the crowd (By the way, the show was taped in Biloxi, Mississippi).
  • Another trailer for Dead Man Down aired, which led to a backstage segment where Sheamus mocked Barrett's acting skills and Barrett mocked Sheamus for losing to The Shield.
  • The Miz defeated Cody Rhodes with the Figure-Four Leglock.
  • Immigration promo from Zeb and Swagger.
  • Fandango promo aired.
  • Alberto Del Rio defeated Wade Barrett. Zeb and Swagger watched the match from the stage. After the match, Swagger and Del Rio had a stare down to close the show.

Also, this was shown at one point during the show (as an APP APP APP Exclusive):

Cody face turn? Kaitlyn heel turn? Pointless segment that'll never be brought up again?

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: For sure, especially in the handheld promos they had, it was pretty noticeable. As long as he doesn't go off the deep end like Sting did, we'll be okay.

Hogshead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speaking of Batman references, I was sad Brad Maddox didn't break out the Bane voice this week.

With his new nickname of "A Real American", I was hoping they'd actually use "Real American" (or probably a remix with different lyrics) for Jack Swagger's theme, if only to draw some enormous heat.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hogshead said:

With his new nickname of "A Real American", I was hoping they'd actually use "Real American" (or probably a remix with different lyrics) for Jack Swagger's theme, if only to draw some enormous heat.

Yeah, but Swagger's new theme is legitimately amazing.

Also, on WWE offending people on Fox enough for them to be talking about it on their programs... Mission Accomplished.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman said:

They kept the spinner belt so long because of how well it sold.

After sleeping on it, I think I like the new belt... I dunno, it's just something modern about it when it's mostly leather.

The belt is probably calling your mind's attention to the *puts on glasses* current economic climate.

Avatar image for zombiesatemycereal
zombiesatemycereal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10473  Edited By joshthebear

I haven't been a huge fan of the new belt, but this picture is the first I've seen where I actually really like the look of it.

bennym6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@turboman: It might have sold well but if they released a new one it would sell better. I see why they didn't do a new one with Punk. What kid wants to buy the bad guys belt?

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WWE 2K is officially a thing and this year we will see WWE 2K14. 2K has hired a lot of the right people from THQ to continue to work with the WWE license and plans to merge Yukes into Visual Concepts.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman said:

WWE 2K is officially a thing and this year we will see WWE 2K14. 2K has hired a lot of the right people from THQ to continue to work with the WWE license and plans to merge Yukes into Visual Concepts.

Doubt we will see much of a change with the next game as it's already been in development for a while before THQ went under.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tj311: I need the 10 hour version now!!!!

@turboman: cant wait for the 2k15 version. Imagine a my career mode. It could be done day of reckoning style. They could have a promo section building off the way they have interviews in the nba 2k series. Same thing with the rewards game cover, billboard ect.....

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So who do you guys think will take down The Shield? WIll they rule supreme until Wrestlemania? I mean they have thrown some of the biggest names against them allready and it might not be as amusing to watch them beat Jericho, Sheamus and Ryback for another 7 weeks. And what will happend at Wrestlemania? Will they try to pull out a couple of Hall of Famers to take them out? I cant really think who that would be.

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmuscle said:

So who do you guys think will take down The Shield? WIll they rule supreme until Wrestlemania? I mean they have thrown some of the biggest names against them allready and it might not be as amusing to watch them beat Jericho, Sheamus and Ryback for another 7 weeks. And what will happend at Wrestlemania? Will they try to pull out a couple of Hall of Famers to take them out? I cant really think who that would be.

Nobody? Thinking back on it, a lot of the major factions that have existed were more or less killed by themselves. Evolution self destructed. Nexus battled with Cena and only Cena for a long time but eventually it was Cena + self destruction that stopped them (and then Punk took over and they just faded out.) NWO sort of self destructed? NWO was just an odd case, really. Main Event Mafia self destructed (not WWE related, but, another faction all the same.) Immortal just sort of faded out after Fortune split from them. It seems that most of the time the only thing that really stops a faction is some form of self destruction. Not that there aren't other ways for them to go, I can barely remember a lot of factions, but, self destruction seems like the most common method. The Shield does't really have a hierarchy that can self destruct right now. There is no leader or anything. They're not in it for the titles and for the power. They might be in it for the money (to an extent.) So I don't know. I think maybe they made a bit of a mistake putting them into three-man tag matches right from the get go. Because it does sort of build them up as this like "well, three man teams of the biggest stars in the company can't even win against them." so making that the finale of the group doesn't seem like something that would work. It also seems like it gives them little room for them to expand to either. If they're already beating three man teams, than if they ever focus on just single guys, they'd be untouchable still. Unless you get a group of like four or five or six guys to take them on instead.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WRESTLING WIZARD UPDATE

No Caption Provided

In 46 days the Wrestling Wizard Title will be defend by our new champ @joshthebear against newcomer and Wizard Rumble contender @ms_papercut.

For Wrestlemania the Wrestling Wizard Title will be defended under special rules. You will make 5 special Mania predictions in addition to 1 Krazy™ Predictions per match. (So if their are 5 matches at Wrestlemania, that would be 10 predictions in total).

Here are the 5 Special Wizardmania Predictions

• Predict Jerry "The King" Lawler's worst joke of the night.
  • Predict who will have the Botch of the Night.
  • Predict who will go through an announce table (if any).
  • Predict the theme of John Cena's Mania Entrance.
  • Predict the badumb backstage segment.

You two will make your predictions between the last Smackdown before Wretlemania and the start of Wrestlemania.

Remember that lame/obvious predictions will get you nowhere even if they come true.

And as always, I will be the Decider of Krazy™. Absolutely no bias there...

Good luck!

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

totaboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awwww maaannnn.

Why did you have to mess up, Swagger? I'm super disappointed. :(

So who gets his spot at Mania now? Mark Henry?

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10486  Edited By cmblasko
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10487  Edited By Milkman
joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perhaps WWE can bring in the idea that Swagger attempted to hit a Mexican guy with a car or something.

ms_papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gorillamopena: Welp, I guess he's taking the high road to Wrestlemania.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

@cmblasko: As I have no faith in the WWE to writers to incorporate the subtleties required to make the gimmick work, I'm kind of hoping this kills the whole thing dead in it's tracks.

Avatar image for zombiesatemycereal
zombiesatemycereal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, Swaggie stop listening to that Kushinator.

@papercut: That once in a life time graphic is AMAZING.

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, just as I was slowly coming around on my apathy for Swagger, he messes shit up like this.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

What an idiot. He is getting a huge push and then does this. It's like NFL players who get DWIs. The NFL has a policy where no matter where and when you call a number and a limo comes and gets you no questions asked. Yet idiots still endanger people on the roads. Oh well.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

God damn it. I guess it is back to Mars for Swagger.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God damn it Swagger. What an idiot.

So Fandango gets his spot, yes?

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10499  Edited By jewunit

Well heck, he jacked his own swagger.

Maybe they can focus on Zeb until 'Mania. He could build some heat for Swagger the way Heyman built up Brock.

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The WNW TNA Special will start after the Playstation Press Conference.

Also, dammit Swagger.