Legion of Superheroes in Smallville - Trailer (EPIC)

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By LiquidPrince

This trailer is O_o

Why haven't they made a Smallville game yet...? Makes more sense then damn LOST or 24...

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By LiquidPrince

This trailer is O_o

Why haven't they made a Smallville game yet...? Makes more sense then damn LOST or 24...

Contra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Contra

All the trouble with a Superman licence?
All the cross licence characters?
Buying the likness of the actors?

Basically they probably cant afford it, or care to do all the work involved.

It could have been fun.  Hell just as a beat em up it could work....
only Clark would win everytime... until be came across the carefully places meteor rocks

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LiquidPrince
Contra said:
"All the trouble with a Superman licence?
All the cross licence characters?
Buying the likness of the actors?

Basically they probably cant afford it, or care to do all the work involved.

It could have been fun.  Hell just as a beat em up it could work....
only Clark would win everytime... until be came across the carefully places meteor rocks"

Yeah, but they can license it if they wanted, and it makes a ton more sense then LOST... Imagine how fun a Smallville game would be.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Absurd

I watched the first season and a couple from the newer ones, but I never got into it. (I used to love the show though)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Eh, always thought smallville sucked, but thats just me.
Super man is kick ass though.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LiquidPrince

It's the kind of show that rewards you for watching all the episodes. Best way to watch it is get the first couple seasons on DVD and watch them straight.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Absurd
LiquidPrince said:
"It's the kind of show that rewards you for watching all the episodes. Best way to watch it is get the first couple seasons on DVD and watch them straight."
I watched the first season straight a couple months ago and couldn't get back into the show despite loving it a couple years back.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LiquidPrince
Absurd said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"It's the kind of show that rewards you for watching all the episodes. Best way to watch it is get the first couple seasons on DVD and watch them straight."
I watched the first season straight a couple months ago and couldn't get back into the show despite loving it a couple years back."

But the seasons get SO much better as the show goes on. The flavor of the whole show changes.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Hamz

I watched the first and second season of Smallville then eventually sort of lost track after missing some episodes and gave up. Last time I saw Smallville they had Green Arrow in it with some others and Clark turned down an offer to join them I think. So is Smallville turning more into the Justice League sort of? Is it worth watching it now just to see some more superheroes other than Clark Kent vs random meteor rock mutant bad guy/girl?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LiquidPrince
Hamz said:
"I watched the first and second season of Smallville then eventually sort of lost track after missing some episodes and gave up. Last time I saw Smallville they had Green Arrow in it with some others and Clark turned down an offer to join them I think. So is Smallville turning more into the Justice League sort of? Is it worth watching it now just to see some more superheroes other than Clark Kent vs random meteor rock mutant bad guy/girl?"

Very worth it. It's not a freak of the week deal anymore. You can start from Season 4 onward to get some pretty awesome storylines. But Season 3 is great as well. if you like Superman, you will enjoy the newer seasons of Smallville, especially 8!

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Gameboi

It's great to see Clark finally starting to accept his destiny. Last season was the best by far, and with the Legion of Superheroes stopping by to tell him about how great Superman is in the future, I can't help but feel all giddy inside. Nerdgasm alert.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Hamz
LiquidPrince said:
"Very worth it. It's not a freak of the week deal anymore. You can start from Season 4 onward to get some pretty awesome storylines. But Season 3 is great as well. if you like Superman, you will enjoy the newer seasons of Smallville, especially 8!"
Wait.....I gotta catch up on 4 seasons?....my ISP won't like that, not one bit. Neither will my bank manager.....
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LiquidPrince
Hamz said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Very worth it. It's not a freak of the week deal anymore. You can start from Season 4 onward to get some pretty awesome storylines. But Season 3 is great as well. if you like Superman, you will enjoy the newer seasons of Smallville, especially 8!"
Wait.....I gotta catch up on 4 seasons?....my ISP won't like that, not one bit. Neither will my bank manager....."

The season sets are going from around $14.99 to $19.99 on Amazon, and around $22.99 at Wal-Mart. Pretty cheap to purchase.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Hexpane

i gave up on smallville, Welling is a horrible actor.  The dude playing Lex was awesome, but he's gone.  Lana was hawt, but she is gone full time.

Chloe and Clark's detective adventures IMO is not a good superman story.  I'm also not a fan of the Legion deal in the comic.

All Star Superman or Justice or Kingdome Come or 52 or Dark Knight Returns etc.. these are great stories .  Tom Welling staring blankly at some old crow who claims to be a young lois lane just lost me.

Not a horrible show compared to the awfulness of Heroes, just not my fav parts of the superman mythos.

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gameboi
Hexpane said:

Not a horrible show compared to the awfulness of Heroes, just not my fav parts of the superman mythos."
I know what you mean, but it kind of grew on me over time. They pretty much discarded most of what Superman fans had come to expect from the Mythos, and made stuff up on the fly. Considering how much more people seem to lead towards Marvel characters these days, I'm happy to see anything DC getting some attention -- most notably, the Kryptonian.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pause422

The shows only been mediocre to bad the entire time its been on imo, and I don't know anyone who disagrees. I just have higher standards for TV, since 99.9% of it is shit anymore. Last half of season 4 of BSG is the only good tv I have upcoming.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LiquidPrince

I completely disagree. I remember getting a boxset, watching it all at night until like 3 in the morning and going like DAMN... Next I got the rest of the boxsets, and watched it fluently in one go. Never looked back. Ever season gets better and better, and it the best show on TV right now, followed by Supernatural. And Welling is a pretty good actor, actually.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By Optiow

I would love it if they made a smallvile game, espectially if you could play as all characters, not just clarke aka superman.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By weltal

I stopped watching after Lana turned into a witch, everything about those episodes was just god awful. I've never had one section of a show, especially one I was so far along in, turn me off so fast. Maybe I should give it another shot.

However, is Lex really gone?! The interactions between him and Clark were probably the largest reason I kept watching that show.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LiquidPrince
Weltal said:
"I stopped watching after Lana turned into a witch, everything about those episodes was just god awful. I've never had one section of a show, especially one I was so far along in, turn me off so fast. Maybe I should give it another shot.

However, is Lex really gone?! The interactions between him and Clark were probably the largest reason I kept watching that show."
The actor that played Lex is "gone" but it ties into the story, so it's not like he's just missing.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Megalon

For ever great episode like this one might be there are 15 bad ones. I can't stop watching because I've got too much invested in it after all these years, but I would kill for the show just be kick ass again. After Michael Rosenbaum left the show has just fallen apart.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LiquidPrince
Megalon said:
"For ever great episode like this one might be there are 15 bad ones. I can't stop watching because I've got too much invested in it after all these years, but I would kill for the show just be kick ass again. After Michael Rosenbaum left the show has just fallen apart."

I disagree. Vice Versa for me. For every bad one, there are at least 15 good ones.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has a young Bruce Wayne showed up in this show yet?
And what of Krypto, the Superdog? Or Mr Mxyzptlk?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LiquidPrince
TeflonBilly said:
"Has a young Bruce Wayne showed up in this show yet?
And what of Krypto, the Superdog? Or Mr Mxyzptlk?"

A version of Mxyzptlk appeared in season 4. Bruce can't because the character is contractually locked to teh movies. We have the Green Arrow though.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By Black_Rose

Even though i hate Superman i liked Smallville when it was a "freak of the week" thing, it kinda pleased the Buffy fan inside me, but just like Buffy it started taking itself too seriously and i eventually gave up.

The trailer looks ok i guess.

Skrattybones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Skrattybones

I watched the first six seasons in a row. Went from being indifferent to actually enjoying it. I can't wait for the new season to start.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Optiow

I stoped watching it after Lana went all queer and lex was an evil arsehole.
It was best when Pete was there.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LiquidPrince
Skrattybones said:
"I watched the first six seasons in a row. Went from being indifferent to actually enjoying it. I can't wait for the new season to start."
That's how you gotta watch it man. It makes it have an awesome feeling!

Optiow said:
"I stoped watching it after Lana went all queer and lex was an evil arsehole.
It was best when Pete was there."
Lex is supposed to be evil man.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By oraknabo

I don't really like the show, but I've been a fan of the legion for about 20 years, so I might watch this.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By LiquidPrince

Enjoy away! It looks like it going to be an awesome episode. That trailer is a mix of the episode Legion, and the next one after it Bulletproof.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By jakob187

I've only seen up to the beginning of Season 8.  I don't get to see the season until the current one ends and gets put on DVD.

But I can say that I'm NOT happy about Doomsday being on Season 8.  If he doesn't kill Clark Kent, then I'm gonna hate the show forever.  You DON'T bring on Superman's killer without having him kill Superman.  It's stupid.

Then again, I wasn't too impressed with Season 6 or 7 either.  The show's been going downhill pretty hard.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By LiquidPrince

I don't think so. Also general consensus from fans is that this season is the best season for a very long time. Doomsday also actually has a proper history which is awesome. Trust me, everyone had doubts, yet this season is being hailed as one of the best seasons ever, and people are calling Smallville one of the best shows on TV again.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#33  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Am I a bad person if I think that Smallville is basically fangirl bait? Clark spends at least half the episodes with his shirt off and when he isn't trying to confess his love to Lana (seasons 1-4) he's doing it to Lois (5+). Oh well, you are more than entitled to like it if you so please.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LiquidPrince
ArbitraryWater said:
"Am I a bad person if I think that Smallville is basically fangirl bait? Clark spends at least half the episodes with his shirt off and when he isn't trying to confess his love to Lana (seasons 1-4) he's doing it to Lois (5+). Oh well, you are more than entitled to like it if you so please."

This more like the opinion of someone who watches the show on and off. It's not like that at all if you actually follow the story arcs.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Optiow
LiquidPrince said:
"ArbitraryWater said:
"Am I a bad person if I think that Smallville is basically fangirl bait? Clark spends at least half the episodes with his shirt off and when he isn't trying to confess his love to Lana (seasons 1-4) he's doing it to Lois (5+). Oh well, you are more than entitled to like it if you so please."

This more like the opinion of someone who watches the show on and off. It's not like that at all if you actually follow the story arcs.

"
I did follow the story, but after season 6 I think it got to weird, I liked it when it was clarke and pete and he was still learning his powers.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By LiquidPrince

Season 6 onward was more about him becoming Superman. He's already learned his powers, now he needs to evolve into the hero and start making his Justice League ties.