Loading Video...

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#53 gamer_152  Moderator

Rorie's been an honest-to-god legend. As someone who goes all the way back to the Whiskey Media days, he's our strongest current link to early Giant Bomb. His casual and earnest on-camera presence, even when interjecting with something absolutely wild, was always amiable and entertaining. I've also appreciated his willingness to throw himself into situations that make him a little nervous, his offers to get drinks with fans wherever he is, and his taste in music. Rorie's the reason I sing along with the Star Trek: Enterprise theme every time. Like any good personality here, he's had a palpable signature taste in games, and he deserves kudos for holding so many community events, putting in the work on Extra Life, and his side streams for obscurer titles that could easily have fallen by the wayside.

A project as big as Giant Bomb also requires a lot of behind-the-scenes work that goes largely unacknowledged, and it's hard to overemphasise how much Rorie has done in that department. He's been willing to resolve issues at a moment's notice and still checked in on weekends. He's been in constant contact with the mod team to shoot the shit, give advice, or fix problems, and he's consistently been just the coolest and most helpful with how he's talked to us. It's been so much easier to get support stuff taken care of since he's arrived. He's really glued a lot of stuff together and helped keep this place running for almost ten years, even when I know he was going through hell trying to process merch shipments. He's still saying people can contact him about issues and doing giveaways even now. I'm sure there is a bunch more vital and delightful stuff he's done for Giant Bomb that I'm forgetting, but he deserves all the best where he goes next, and with his track record, I know he's going to crush it.

Keep chomping those puppers.

rafar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Godspeed, Matthew! 🫶🏽

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Screened podcasts with Alex. Whiskey Media Happy Hour touching hands with Ryan. Reading user support emails during streams. Being way funnier than he got credit for.

Going to miss Rorie. He has just always seemed like a real genuinely great dude.

MunnyShh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By MunnyShh

Love your Rorie! You're fantastic and I am excited to hear your excitement for the new opportunity! See ya around 'dawg!

Avatar image for mrmckrinkledink
MrMcKrinkledink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Rorie is the prime example of what Giant Bomb means to many of its users. He was always happy and eager to answer any questions, respond to any concerns, and reply to any comments. It is increasingly and substantively rare to find someone as willing, able, and committed as Rorie was to the site, and to its community. Through the pandemic, Rorie was a pillar in a sea of uncertainty guiding the site through uncharted waters, and remains an example of leadership in good-faith to the site as a whole. He will be missed very much for the experience, hard-work, and energy he brought to this website for the past ten years.

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Crazy to think now all the OG staff are gone. You did awesome work for this community Rorie, thanks for all the years of work and commitment. Best of luck on the new opportunity duder!

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Good luck with the next gig Rorie! You're an unsung hero and a fantastic presence whenever you're on screen. Cheers to a king 👑

Gyratyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rorie's the best in the biz. Much respect and best wishes.

TurtleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good luck Rorie, thanks for all the work and support over the years!

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#62 FinalDasa  Moderator
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Loading Video...

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

The worlds gonna miss you Matthew Bartholemu Rorie III. RIP buddy. Woof.

Catlicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know why, but the first memory that came to mind is an UPF where when the show was about to end and the energy kinda drained out, he spurred out of blue "I'm gonna go masturbate".

Golden. Just golden.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Thanks all for the kind words! I hope to not be a stranger around here!

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@rorie: No. We’ve had enough of your shit.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Thank you Rorie :) I'm sad GB is losing someone so important and integral to the site's DNA but I'm happy that you received an opportunity so good you had to take it. I hope I see hear you on a podcast again someday.

Manburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I can't express it more eloquently than it already has, but: I need to give it up for a true legend, the actual GOAT. Ever since the Whiskey Media days, chomping puppers or caressing Ryan's hand, Rorie's been a delight. I know this ain't goodbye, but you'll still be missed at GB. Thank you!! ♥

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Zalera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Didn't see this until now. I've been here since the beginning and you were always a favourite of mine, Rorie. Thanks for all the fun and good luck with whatever you do next.

Bunnyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then I will take the opportunity to say a belated THANKS to Matt. Heard you are making hockey games now. Sweet! Wish you all the best.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

Just saw this! While I don't frequent GB as much as I used too - Rorie is an absolute treasure. Best of luck good man!