Luchazine Design Blog #1: Foundation

indian_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By indian_boy

Amidst the chaos of the World Cup, moving to a new place, and artists who stopped responding without warning, the first issue of The Luchazine is finally out and about. Needless to say, I’m proud of having the first issue out and received fairly well [as of now]. 

As the Lead Designer for the magazine, there was a certain workload I was obviously expecting, but with the aforementioned disappearing act, a lot of things came right down to the wire. This, unfortunately, led to quite a bit of reprioritising in terms of what makes it into this mag, from a design aspect. It also led to a few things that, in retrospect, I would’ve done differently had I been less stretched out over multiple tasks. 

With that said, the visuals of The Luchazine will be constantly evolving. Certain things that have been mentioned by people on the forums have already been thought of (eg: what was I thinking, not trying columns?! Definite thing to work in next time, if it looks good in the theme).  Apart from that, I’d just like to say that critique is being read over, and closely considered. So thanks for it, to all of you constructive critics, collectively.

Now that the foundation has been laid, things should go smoother. Of course, that’s not the best conclusion to jump to, but I should be having more time freed up to experiment with more things from the next issue onwards. I’m excited at the prospects, and am looking forward to implementing some new aspects, as well as improving old ones.  

If you have any questions / comments for me specifically, feel free to comment here, PM me, or even hit me up on my Twitter. Might just end up in The Luchazine next time if the question’s fitting.     

Thank you all for reading, and for your support, praise, and legitimate critique. 
Abhishek Chaudhry 
indian_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By indian_boy

Amidst the chaos of the World Cup, moving to a new place, and artists who stopped responding without warning, the first issue of The Luchazine is finally out and about. Needless to say, I’m proud of having the first issue out and received fairly well [as of now]. 

As the Lead Designer for the magazine, there was a certain workload I was obviously expecting, but with the aforementioned disappearing act, a lot of things came right down to the wire. This, unfortunately, led to quite a bit of reprioritising in terms of what makes it into this mag, from a design aspect. It also led to a few things that, in retrospect, I would’ve done differently had I been less stretched out over multiple tasks. 

With that said, the visuals of The Luchazine will be constantly evolving. Certain things that have been mentioned by people on the forums have already been thought of (eg: what was I thinking, not trying columns?! Definite thing to work in next time, if it looks good in the theme).  Apart from that, I’d just like to say that critique is being read over, and closely considered. So thanks for it, to all of you constructive critics, collectively.

Now that the foundation has been laid, things should go smoother. Of course, that’s not the best conclusion to jump to, but I should be having more time freed up to experiment with more things from the next issue onwards. I’m excited at the prospects, and am looking forward to implementing some new aspects, as well as improving old ones.  

If you have any questions / comments for me specifically, feel free to comment here, PM me, or even hit me up on my Twitter. Might just end up in The Luchazine next time if the question’s fitting.     

Thank you all for reading, and for your support, praise, and legitimate critique. 
Abhishek Chaudhry 
Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

Good work on the first issue bud. There is no doubt in my mind that it will only get better form here :) Make us proud

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

You do good work. Keep it up duder!

indian_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By indian_boy

Thanks for the support guys. 
Hope you enjoyed the first issue!

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Mmmslash

It looked surprisingly better than I expected!

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MikkaQ

I really like the look of this magazine, real cool. But I also agree with most of the criticism I've seen. So yeah, unfortunately for you... the 2 though 4th or so issue will be as hard as the first as you attempt to finalize the look of things, hahah.  

Good luck, and keep it up, dude. 

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Red12b

It was good, I think enough has been said about how to improve it, just make sure to keep evolving and it should be fine,

1 thing though, definitely needs an ending to the mag, I thought you were missing pages,   

but seriously, for how I thought it would turn out,  It's beyond it, class guys, pure class.

BackpackKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By BackpackKat

Great Job Duder! I am eagerly anticipating the next issue!

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By themoon13
@Mmmslash:  But still shitty? ;)
@indian_boy: You have no clue what you're doing and your designs are absolute garbitch.

Watch someone flag this post by mistake.
indian_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By indian_boy
@GoranP: Am I fired? lawl  

@XII_Sniper: Haha, yea I'm screwed. But meh, I always knew what being a lead designer entails. So, I'm up for it =). I'm definitely paying close attention to all constructive criticism. 

@Red12b: Definitely agree about the 'end-page.' Also, glad it was beyond expectations. Though that could either be a massive compliment, or just not saying much in the first place.  

@JohnAsscream: Ty, ty. And glad you are!