Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#51  Edited By armaan8014
@buzz_clik said:
"

The brilliant coda to the story is that straight after this conversation we were talking about our respective plans for the evening; hers involved going to see Inception. You know how the story ends. "
lol
jtmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By jtmosh
@Pinworm45 said:

" @buzz_clik said:

" @Pinworm45 said:
" @JTMosh said:
"  and several times I've seen people say "Children of Men." I just don't understand how someone can not like that movie. It' has great performances, is extremely well directed, has great action and it's just straight up intense. I just can't imagine being bored by it.  What say you? "
It's an abyssmal piece of shit. That's why. "
An airtight case you've put forward. Not even the long tracking shot through the firefight in the street and into the building is worthy of praise? "
Yeah, sure, it was a cool scene. So what? There was some cool scenes in the star wars prequels, and those movies sucked hard too. "
What is bad about Children of Men? Seriously, I'd like to know why you think that.
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By buzz_clik
@supermike6 said:
" Fight Club. I had one person tell me it was mediocre. Man, fuck him, that's the greatest movie ever made. "
I used to work with a girl who said the movie was dumb because it was just about a bunch of blokes fighting. She's either not really seen it or she missed the point(s) completely.
heghmohqib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By heghmohqib
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" @Toxin066 said:
" I can't believe there are people who don't like Forrest Gump. "
O_O  Seriously? I never met one person who told me that. "
I, for one, can't stand that movie.
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By buzz_clik
@Pinworm45 said:
" @buzz_clik said:
Not even the long tracking shot through the firefight in the street and into the building is worthy of praise? "
Yeah, sure, it was a cool scene. So what? There was some cool scenes in the star wars prequels, and those movies sucked hard too. "
I can't argue with that. But that scene in Children of Men isn't the only example of its pervading tone, cool effects and adept direction - for me, that scene is just indicative of what the film offers. What didn't you like? The acting? The story?
Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#56  Edited By Undeadpool
@buzz_clik said:
" @supermike6 said:
" Fight Club. I had one person tell me it was mediocre. Man, fuck him, that's the greatest movie ever made. "
I used to work with a girl who said the movie was dumb because it was just about a bunch of blokes fighting. She's either not really seen it or she missed the point(s) completely. "
I had the exact opposite problem with a lot of people I went to school with. They loved it because it was "like dude! It's about like punching and blowing shit up! And dude! Yeah! We should like totally start project mayhem and like blow shit up too!" 

Frankly I'm amazed that people didn't like Lord of the Rings. Kevin Smith's made it a lot easier (yeah, it's just walking, that's all. Yeah, I saw Clerks 2 as well, you're soooo clever for making that reference), but the one I can't understand is Starship Troopers. I have a friend who hates the movie because he loves the book (something I REALLY can't understand having read it from cover to cover), but I don't get how you can hate that movie. It's got great action, it's got even better satire, it's got incredible writing. He boggles my mind.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By iam3green

my mind if blown when people say that they have never seen the original star wars movies. a couple of people in one of classes in a couple of years ago said that they never seen a star wars movie, except for the crappy 1-3.

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By joeybagad0nutz
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" Harry Potter.  Especially 3 and on. "
Really? Maybe it is just because I got older and Harry Potter lost it's appeal to me but the first 3 movies were amazing. Then starting with 4 is where I lost interest. I still never saw the 6 one. And I read all the books cept the very last one. Which I have..... I should really read it now I think about it....
chw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59  Edited By chw

Movies, like many things, are totally subjective.  I'm negative/lukewarm towards a lot of popular, acclaimed movies (The Dark Knight, Inception, No Country, Inglourious Basterds, Godfather Part II, Shawshank, Heat, etc.) while others react negatively towards some of my personal favourites.

Sometimes it baffles me, but it never "blows my mind".  In fact, if they have a good reasons to support their opinion, it usually makes for an interesting discussion.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#60  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" @SethPhotopoulos said:
Really? Maybe it is just because I got older and Harry Potter lost it's appeal to me but the first 3 movies were amazing. Then starting with 4 is where I lost interest. I still never saw the 6 one. And I read all the books cept the very last one. Which I have..... I should really read it now I think about it.... "
3 and on are considered the best movies by people that didn't read the books because they were made more like movies while the first 2 were taking stuff right from the book.  The people that read the books tend to not care about the later movies because it's not the same.  The later movies were praised by movie goers while the first 2 were lukewarm.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Ryax
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" @Toxin066 said:
i dont like it. it just doesnt click with me and i feel like im dying every second i have to sit though that movie.
SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SpiralStairs
@Ryax:  Yeah, it's too "quirky" for me too.
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By Cube

Pulp Fiction. 

SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By SumDeus

I blow people's minds when I say I hated Hot Fuzz. ( I love Shaun of the Dead though so don't hate me that much).

I think Heat is horrible too.

LlamaLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By LlamaLlama
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" @JoeRiccadonna said:
" @SethPhotopoulos said:
Really? Maybe it is just because I got older and Harry Potter lost it's appeal to me but the first 3 movies were amazing. Then starting with 4 is where I lost interest. I still never saw the 6 one. And I read all the books cept the very last one. Which I have..... I should really read it now I think about it.... "
3 and on are considered the best movies by people that didn't read the books because they were made more like movies while the first 2 were taking stuff right from the book.  The people that read the books tend to not care about the later movies because it's not the same.  The later movies were praised by movie goers while the first 2 were lukewarm. "

Hated 3, can't understand why people like it. Loved the 4th, it managed to get me to read the final book.  

My sister and I constantly argue about why she doesn't like Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead. Actually she doesn't like most movies I like...hmm 

Avatar image for comradekritstov
ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ComradeKritstov
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" @Laketown said:
" @SethPhotopoulos said:
the movies aren't that great?  the books are pretty awesome (maybe not the 5th because he gets to angsty) but the movies... eh "
3 tends to be really disliked while the first 2 are seen in a better light by readers because 3 was made as a movie while the first 2 copied everything.  Most people agree they are great especially 3 and 5 but most of the hate seems to come from the readers. "
Man 3 is my favorite and I'm a huge fan of the books. Also the first two are my least favorite because they don't feel like good movies to me. I guess I'm just able to realize that movies are movies and books are books and they aren't meant to be exactly the same. But yes, 3 and 5 are amazing IMO.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Ryax
@SumDeus said:
" I blow people's minds when I say I hated Hot Fuzz. ( I love Shaun of the Dead though so don't hate me that much).  I think Heat is horrible too. "
heat was ok. 

hot fuzz bored the shit out of me till the end. and it wasnt enough to make me like it
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@ComradeKritstov said:
" @SethPhotopoulos said:
" @Laketown said:
" @SethPhotopoulos said:
the movies aren't that great?  the books are pretty awesome (maybe not the 5th because he gets to angsty) but the movies... eh "
3 tends to be really disliked while the first 2 are seen in a better light by readers because 3 was made as a movie while the first 2 copied everything.  Most people agree they are great especially 3 and 5 but most of the hate seems to come from the readers. "
Man 3 is my favorite and I'm a huge fan of the books. Also the first two are my least favorite because they don't feel like good movies to me. I guess I'm just able to realize that movies are movies and books are books and they aren't meant to be exactly the same. But yes, 3 and 5 are amazing IMO. "
I read the books to. 
Except for 7. 
My favourite was 5 though since ABC aired 3 nonstop so it felt burned out.
Avatar image for comradekritstov
ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ComradeKritstov
@SethPhotopoulos said: 
I read the books to. Except for 7. My favourite was 5 though since ABC aired 3 nonstop so it felt burned out. "  
Sorry about the slight thread hijack, but seriously dude, go read 7. Right now. How can you have read all the other books but not the final one?
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@ComradeKritstov: Everyone I knew got it and spoiled it.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Ryax

harry wins

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#72  Edited By Buscemi

I just don't see how people like the old Batman movies by Burton more than the ones by Nolan. I mean, I really like the old ones, I do, but I don't think they've got anything on the new ones.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By mazik765
@Red12b said:

"It's not realistic uuuuhhhhh..."

I hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it when people say this (did I mention I hate it?). Especially since people always use it to criticize movies that aren't supposed to be realistic. When I saw Scott Pilgrim in the theater a guy behind me blurted out 'this movie is so dumb...this stuff is impossible' or something to that effect during the first evil ex fight. Seriously? Sometimes I feel sad for people I don't even know...

I share the sentiment of Children of Men though. I love a bunch of terrible movies that I can totally see why people hate them, but I know a few people who hate this movie and I totally don't get it. It was well directed, well acted, and it wasn't like it was some slow, dense art film.
habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By habster3
@Toxin066 said:
"I can't believe there are people who don't like Forrest Gump. "
Anyone who hates Forrest Gump was probably Mommy's Little Accident.
@sodiumCyclops said:
"I was pretty blown away by the number of people who saw Inception and said they hated it because they couldn't understand it. "
I loved that movie.
Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#75  Edited By Thoseposers

Prepare to have your minds blown!!  Because i really don't care for:
The Big Lebowski
Shawshank Redemption
Inglorious Basterds

and you will never change my mind on them :)

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By me3639

Fight Club

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Ryax
@thoseposers said:
" Prepare to have your minds blown!!  Because i really don't care for: The Big Lebowski Shawshank Redemption Inglorious Basterds  and you will never change my mind on them :) "
but brad pitt is in one of them :(
Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Thoseposers
@Ryax said:
" @thoseposers said:
" Prepare to have your minds blown!!  Because i really don't care for: The Big Lebowski Shawshank Redemption Inglorious Basterds  and you will never change my mind on them :) "
but brad pitt is in one of them :( "
oh and i forgot one: Fight Club :)
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Ryax
@thoseposers said:
" @Ryax said:
" @thoseposers said:
oh and i forgot one: Fight Club :) "
as long as its not because you didnt like brad pitt im ok with you not liking the movies. but if it is...
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Pinworm45
@buzz_clik said:

" @Pinworm45 said:

" @buzz_clik said:
Not even the long tracking shot through the firefight in the street and into the building is worthy of praise? "
I can't argue with that. But that scene in Children of Men isn't the only example of its pervading tone, cool effects and adept direction - for me, that scene is just indicative of what the film offers. What didn't you like? The acting? The story? "
The story. It was entirely pointless and I didn't care for it. For no reason women can't get pregnant now. Why? Well because they're going for "less is more" approach! It's up to the imagination! blah blah blah, every excuse in the book to hide simple lazy writing. It's all the craze these days. But wait! Then a girl CAN get pregnant! so... yeah! 

Okay, fine. It's stupid but I'll go with it. Then the movie is about.. getting the girl away from the government to put her on an island! YEAAH! I really want to cheer for a guy to take a girl AWAY FROM SCIENTISTS THAT CAN RESEARCH THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HER AND OTHER WOMEN TO SAVE OUR FUCKING RACE SO SHE CAN BE HAPPY ON SOME SHITTY ISLAND. 

There was a lot more I hate about that movie, but it's been a long, long time and I don't really remember. I didn't take issue with the direction and as far as I recall, the acting. I still thought it sucked. It was completely pointless, it was beyond mediocre, it had no story or plot to speak of, it was aggressively stupid, I was cheering AGAINST the alleged protagonists, and how people act like it's a really good movie is beyond me. So again, the direction may be fine, but it's like an orchestra expertly conducting a rendition of a Soulja Boy song.
Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Thoseposers
@Ryax said:
" @thoseposers said:
" @Ryax said:
" @thoseposers said:
as long as its not because you didnt like brad pitt im ok with you not liking the movies. but if it is... "
yeah brad pitt's a decent actor, i just don't like how people go insane over those movies, so we're all good here :)
soulfulsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By soulfulsoul
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" @Toxin066 said:

I don't like it very much. I don't understand what's so great about it. It just seems like a bunch of scenes of events throughout recent history with this weird Forest Gump character thrown in. Who cares?! It might be okay if the character were interesting, but I didn't find him very intresting at all.
SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By SSully

I am so happy with all of the Children of Men talk going on in here, i have yet to meet a person who has seen the movie or know what im talking about when i talk about it. Such a great flick.  

One of my friends told me Pulp Fiction was garbage and we had a debate about it for a good hour and a half. I will never let someone tell me its a bad movie, ever. 

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Ryax
@thoseposers said:

" @Ryax said:

" @thoseposers said:
" @Ryax said:
" @thoseposers said:
as long as its not because you didnt like brad pitt im ok with you not liking the movies. but if it is... "
yeah brad pitt's a decent actor, i just don't like how people go insane over those movies, so we're all good here :) "
i guess.. but youre on thin ice buddy. no one hates on brad pitt when im around
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Not really a movie (there is a movie, but it's terrible), but anyone who doesn't like Avatar: The Last Airbender is a horrible person.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By me3639
@thoseposers said:
Please tell us your favorites i know a Transformers, or Miley Cyrus movie is on it.
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@Bellum said:
" Not really a movie (there is a movie, but it's terrible), but anyone who doesn't like Avatar: The Last Airbender is a horrible person. "
The show? 

That was great.
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Pinworm45

Also my vote goes for Contact.

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Thoseposers
@me3639 said:
" @thoseposers said:
Please tell us your favorites i know a Transformers, or Miley Cyrus movie is on it. "
haha transformers was so awful, but enough with the hate!
top of my list is the movie Harvey, then pretty much all pixar movies, reign over me, District 9 was cool, and a ton others that i can't remember off the top of my head
jtmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By jtmosh
@Pinworm45 said:
" @buzz_clik said:

" @Pinworm45 said:

" @buzz_clik said:
I can't argue with that. But that scene in Children of Men isn't the only example of its pervading tone, cool effects and adept direction - for me, that scene is just indicative of what the film offers. What didn't you like? The acting? The story? "
The story. It was entirely pointless and I didn't care for it. For no reason women can't get pregnant now. Why? Well because they're going for "less is more" approach! It's up to the imagination! blah blah blah, every excuse in the book to hide simple lazy writing. It's all the craze these days. But wait! Then a girl CAN get pregnant! so... yeah! 

Okay, fine. It's stupid but I'll go with it. Then the movie is about.. getting the girl away from the government to put her on an island! YEAAH! I really want to cheer for a guy to take a girl AWAY FROM SCIENTISTS THAT CAN RESEARCH THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HER AND OTHER WOMEN TO SAVE OUR FUCKING RACE SO SHE CAN BE HAPPY ON SOME SHITTY ISLAND.  There was a lot more I hate about that movie, but it's been a long, long time and I don't really remember. I didn't take issue with the direction and as far as I recall, the acting. I still thought it sucked. It was completely pointless, it was beyond mediocre, it had no story or plot to speak of, it was aggressively stupid, I was cheering AGAINST the alleged protagonists, and how people act like it's a really good movie is beyond me. So again, the direction may be fine, but it's like an orchestra expertly conducting a rendition of a Soulja Boy song. "

I'm sorry, but these are just awful complaints. First of all, why does it matter why women can't get pregnant? It's not a big deal why, it just is. The characters in the film don't even know why.

Second, the government in that world is made out to be extremely closed to rest of the world. If they had turned over the pregnant girl (who was a minority in the country illegally) chances are she would have been locked away and never heard from again. They were trying to get her to the Human Project so they could do exactly what you're saying. Research to try to save the race.
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Pinworm45
@JTMosh said: 
I'm sorry, but these are just awful complaints. First of all, why does it matter why women can't get pregnant? It's not a big deal why, it just is. The characters in the film don't even know why.

Second, the government in that world is made out to be extremely closed to rest of the world. If they had turned over the pregnant girl (who was a minority in the country illegally) chances are she would have been locked away and never heard from again. They were trying to get her to the Human Project so they could do exactly what you're saying. Research to try to save the race.
"
It matters why they can't get pregnant because I can't simply accept a world because the writer says it's this way. I wasn't sold. There was no reason for it, but then NO WAIT ACTUALLY A GIRL CAN GET PREGNANT. It was stupid. It was not well executed. It was not interesting. It was not well told. It was made to be a mystery, but the answer was simply "because the writer says so". 

As for the second part.. you proved my case. I was expected to cheer for a guy who was trying to KILL OUR ENTIRE FUCKING RACE SO ONE PERSON COULD BE MILDLY HAPPY ON A SHITTY ISLAND. Uh. No.  

Speaking of which, just what a mediocre, bland, boring story. Evil government run away one man one woman against the odds zzzzz.  

I almost want to watch this again just so I can remember all the things I hated about this overrated dribble.
Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#92  Edited By Malakhii

I was blown away by Avatar, I did see it in IMAX 3D so I guess that had something to do with it. I really don't get all the hate that movie gets. 

jtmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By jtmosh
@Pinworm45 said:
" @JTMosh said: 

"
It matters why they can't get pregnant because I can't simply accept a world because the writer says it's this way. I wasn't sold. There was no reason for it, but then NO WAIT ACTUALLY A GIRL CAN GET PREGNANT. It was stupid. It was not well executed. It was not interesting. It was not well told. It was made to be a mystery, but the answer was simply "because the writer says so".  As for the second part.. you proved my case. I was expected to cheer for a guy who was trying to KILL OUR ENTIRE FUCKING RACE. Uh. No.   Speaking of which, just what a mediocre, bland, boring story. Evil government run away one man one woman against the odds zzzzz.   I almost want to watch this again just so I can remember all the things I hated about this overrated dribble. "
What on earth are you talking about? The government would have never admitted that that woman was pregnant. The only hope that they had was to get her to the Human Project. I honestly don't understand what you're on about there. How was he trying to kill the race?
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By buzz_clik
@Pinworm45: See, there you go. I knew you had it in you!

I'm cool with the conceit that nobody knows why it's happened; It's not unheard of to have a widespread disease that mankind can't get a handle on curing or fully understanding. But as you said, you're willing to let that slide. As for the scientists, that's exactly where they're taking her - there's a bunch of people doing infertility research elsewhere, and the group trusts those scientists more than they do the local government. It's been a while since I've seen it, too, so I can't expand upon it, but I don't ever remember thinking it a huge plot hole.

Of course, all this isn't to say you should like the movie or I'll garrote you. You didn't like it, you didn't like it - there are just those movies that you don't click with for whatever reason. I just like to hear people give reasons why.

@Pinworm45 said:
" ...the direction may be fine, but it's like an orchestra expertly conducting a rendition of a Soulja Boy song. "
Oh, c'mon. Don't tell me you wouldn't be curious to hear how that would turn out.

And with that last thought, you've also reminded me of this.
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Pinworm45
@JTMosh said:
"What on earth are you talking about? The government would have never admitted that that woman was pregnant. The only hope that they had was to get her to the Human Project. I honestly don't understand what you're on about there. How was he trying to kill the race? "
I don't understand what YOU'RE talking about. The government had scientists that wanted to research her to find out why she's different and hopefully, you know, save our race. So. uh. By taking him away from there.. he was going to kill the race. Why would I cheer for some guy to send some chick to a shitty island, killing our race, because THE GOVERNMENT IS BAD AND OUT TO GET YOU AND SHES TOTALLY BLACK AND FEMALE SO SHE NEEDS PROTECTION GURRR. 

Am I missing something? I remember the island being full of people not interested in technology or something. Do I remember wrong and it was actually scientists who were going to also research using her, but do it in a LESS EVIL way because they're not part of the EVIL GOVERNMENT or something? Even if that's the case, they still had less resources and would have no way to mass produce some sort of cure that the government would.  

And for the record, all my caps should be read in the yelling voice from Bum Reviews. 

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I dunno. My movie tastes range from The Third Man to Hot Fuzz. There are a ton of movies I like that other people hate, to my surprise. But i tend to not let it get to me, because I have superior taste in movies, as other people feel they do as well, and you can't do much to change others' opinions.

That being said, anybody who doesn't like Children of Men is sub-human.

jtmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By jtmosh
@buzz_clik said:

Of course, all this isn't to say you should like the movie or I'll garrote you. You didn't like it, you didn't like it - there are just those movies that you don't click with for whatever reason. I just like to hear people give reasons why.

It doesn't bother me if someone doesn't like it. If it's not their thing it's not their thing. But when the reasons are trivial, or a misunderstanding of the plot, it's kind of annoying.
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Pinworm45
@buzz_clik said:
" I'm cool with the conceit that nobody knows why it's happened; It's not unheard of to have a widespread disease that mankind can't get a handle on curing or fully understanding. "
I'm cool with it on the condition that it's handled well, is completely irrelevant or unnecessary, or is adequately handled as a mystery. I don't think the movie handled it well. It did kind of matter. And they tried to milk some mystery out of it in an annoying manner, to get people at the water cooler saying shit like "well I think it was global warming" "well I think it was mans greed" so some third guy comes up and says "what are you guys talking about?" and then they say "wow, you haven't seen Children of Men yet?" then he goes and buys a ticket. 

Like the ending to Inception. But that's another story. 

Anyway, that wasn't even my biggest issue with the movie. It was just the most important factor behind everything, and the movie didn't even come close to selling me on the premise, which wasn't even that hard of a premise to sell.  

Also, I don't buy that they couldn't figure out why conception couldn't occur. It's literally impossible. Especially since this was in the future, and we already have the technology to remove eggs and implant them ourselves. All it would take to figure this out is a microscope. Literally. If they had at least said something like, HOLY CRAP WOMENS EGGS ALL DIED but then this chick had EGGS THAT WEREN'T DEAD! then I would have at least been mildly appeased. As it is I couldn't buy the premise, and I definitely couldn't buy the "we can't figure out why!" because it would literally be impossible for us not to figure out why. We could see where the problem was easily.
jtmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By jtmosh
@Pinworm45 said:

" @JTMosh said:

"What on earth are you talking about? The government would have never admitted that that woman was pregnant. The only hope that they had was to get her to the Human Project. I honestly don't understand what you're on about there. How was he trying to kill the race? "

I don't understand what YOU'RE talking about. The government had scientists that wanted to research her to find out why she's different and hopefully, you know, save our race. So. uh. By taking him away from there.. he was going to kill the race. Why would I cheer for some guy to send some chick to a shitty island, killing our race, because THE GOVERNMENT IS BAD AND OUT TO GET YOU AND SHES TOTALLY BLACK AND FEMALE SO SHE NEEDS PROTECTION GURRR. 

Am I missing something? I remember the island being full of people not interested in technology or something. Do I remember wrong and it was actually scientists who were going to also research using her, but do it in a LESS EVIL way because they're not part of the EVIL GOVERNMENT or something? Even if that's the case, they still had less resources and would have no way to mass produce some sort of cure that the government would.  

I don't think you really remember just how extreme the government was in this film. Imagine if this took place in Nazi Germany and the pregnant woman was Jewish. That's basically what it boils down to. 

And yeah, the Human Project, where they were trying to get her, was a collection of scientists that were trying to answer why this was happening and how to fix it.
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Pinworm45
@JTMosh said:
" @Pinworm45 said:

" @JTMosh said:

I don't think you really remember just how extreme the government was in this film. Imagine if this took place in Nazi Germany and the pregnant woman was Jewish. That's basically what it boils down to.    "
Okay, so I still stand 100% behind my point. If it was a jewish woman in Naziland 1943, I'd be more comfortable giving the woman to the nazis scientists and ability to mass produce and distribute a cure, than giving her to some hippie-jews living under someones else on a hill somewhere like in Inglorious Bastards.  

As far as I'm concerned, the chick and the dude committed mass genocide, all because the GOVERNMENT IS EVIL and everyone is all about hating over-the-top evil governments these days.