#1  Edited By ferrarimanf355
StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By StaticFalconar

I was into the GTR when the price was 80k or so maybe add another 10 grand because of demand. The GTR now is one big clusterfuck; i mean the original skyline was FN cheap (relative) but the catch was that to make it compete against anything, you have to mod it and mod friendly it was. It almost had a supercars status through the modding alone.

Then of course the new one came out and it was twice the price of the original and suppositly 'untuneable'. WTF? I mean I first thought, that the new GTR was gonna be done right, and not a DIY supercar. That's cool, I can get with that; but then it turns out the car wasn't as great as it was hyped to be followed by the untunable being tuned. Then shit like this comes out where the Spec V version is almost twice the price for like 5 more hp (although a lot of weight has been shed). The new GTR while a good car, shouldn't try to be the succesor of teh Skyline because that is the only thing that is making hate this car now.

But if you're gonna go into a new level price range of 100-200k price bracket; there are better cars than both the GTR and the ZR1.

I'd choose the Aston Martin Vantage (125K) and spend the rest on a canterham or aerial atom for my track day car. You may disagree and say the ZR1 can spank the Vantage on the track, but the Vantage just looks so much better, and if I want to beat you, I'll take the canterham/atom and easily beat the ZR1 and the shleby GT500.