Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@gaminghooligan said:

@wafflez said:

I blame Stryker.

This is something all people can agree with.

Stryker was a cop and therefor trained in the responsible use of a firearm. If we'd had Stryker guarding our schools none of this would have happened!! Unless somebody pissed him off then you better watch out.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Sanity

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@dudy80 said:

@Hitchenson said:

@dudy80 said:

I dont see what would be so wrong with having armed gaurds at our schools, we do it for everything else in this country thats important.

There were armed guards in my high school.

That's fucking horrific.

Had a armed cop in mine too, and he did break up quite a few fights... Whats so bad about that exactly? You people do realize theres other ways to harm someone besides a gun right? Ever heard of bombs?

The idea that guns shouldnt be controlled because, hey, you can hurt people with lots of stuff, is seriously nutso.

Putting words in peoples mouths is too. Im all for better control, but most of the media is spouting this assault weapons nonsense when the AR-15 is just a small caliber semi-auto that happens to be built on the M4 platform. Also, i find it amusing so many are against armed guards at schools, would help with more then just shootings.

PolygonSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By PolygonSlayer

I'm sorry to have to say this, but the rest of the western world just shakes it head at Americans and their gun craze.

downtime58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By downtime58

For anyone advocating more gun control, the NRA conference was a blessing in disguise.

If anything, it did the exact opposite of deflecting blame - it made the NRA look both desperate and confused - and on a very public stage to boot.

Man, I would hate to be the NRA PR guy.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Guys. Let's be serious for a second.

Mortal Kombat really is the problem.

I read a stat while looking to rebut the NRA's statement--In 2012, 1 out of every 4 Americans was assaulted by a ninja who shoots ice from their hands.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By jozzy
Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Legion_

The same guy also said that every school should have armed security, and that the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun, is to have a good guy with a gun. How does that logic work? How about the bad guy just doesn't have a gun? Half the problem is fixed right there. My point is, don't take this guy seriously.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By Jams

@downtime58 said:

For anyone advocating more gun control, the NRA conference was a blessing in disguise.

If anything, it did the exact opposite of deflecting blame - it made the NRA look both desperate and confused - and on a very public stage to boot.

I absolutely agree. It made them look like hand wringing imbeciles desperately trying to find someone else to blame. It may not be their fault, but the way they handled it definitely made them look like bad guys.

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

The NRA's plan announcement could not have been timed worse.

Matterless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By Matterless

There was a mass shooting incident in Pennsylvania during the NRA press conference: http://gaw.kr/y0VOHnm

Computron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Computron

Blaming video games for this is just as stupid and idiot as blaming guns for all the violence. What's the common thread? Both need people to control them. Without them they are just inanimate objects that sit their doing nothing.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Sanity

@downtime58 said:

How so? The NRA (besides there nonsense of music/games) is the first i'v heard anyone plan any action to help prevent something like this. Banning bayonet lugs and flash hiders wont solve the problem and thats realistically all the Dems can do or will try to do as they dont want to lose elections, its fun for ignorant people to think that will help though. Even if you took all the currently registered guns out of the mix theirs tons of guns that were sold in private sales that are basically untraceable, which IS something that needs fixed. People should not be able to sell there guns in the traders guide bypassing background checks.

Also i'll keep laughing my ass off anyways as even if they do ban any of this shit i already own most of what i want and unless they actually grow a pair and try to take away all guns so do millions of people. Keep thinking the government will bubble wrap the world for you though, its works out so well for them in the UK.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By NTM

Of course. I was just waiting for someone to blame video games. Eh.

Avatar image for deactivated-63c9a5152a56a
deactivated-63c9a5152a56a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@dudy80 said:

Honestly, i agree with just about everything besides the video games/music thing. And fact is its just a headline grabber, sorry but you cant stand to protect peoples rights and then take them away on other things. I think he meant that kids shouldn't be playing them more then anything though.

I dont see what would be so wrong with having armed gaurds at our schools, we do it for everything else in this country thats important.

There were armed cops at my school, one even pulled me off another kid when I got into a fight. That's a bit different than what the NRA is suggesting though.

Also, you put a bunch of people with guns in schools, and they're gonna end up shooting the wrong people eventually. Also, it won't stop a nutjob, they'll just shoot the guy with the gun first.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By probablytuna

Of course they would.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By murisan

@Degringolade said:

There was a mass shooting incident in Pennsylvania during the NRA press conference: http://gaw.kr/y0VOHnm

Fucking what the fuck

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#67  Edited By toowalrus

NRA president is an idiot.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Benny

Everyone knows the NRA is a bunch of chuckleheads, the problem is that they line the pockets of way too many important people in the American government. I'm guessing these people might not take kindly to losing the $10k + they get from the NRA each year, so keep an eye on the right wing nuts in the coming month or so as they use this as an opporunity to demonise Obama.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@murisan said:

@Degringolade said:

Fucking what the fuck

What?? I don't even have words anymore for this. What the hell is going on...

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#70  Edited By Barrabas

Ok, now I'm just imagining private schools being forced to hire mercenaries as they wouldn't be included in any government funded armed guard program.

Meet St. Thomas Elementary School's new hall monitor.

No Caption Provided
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Jimbo

"You can trust us to organise the armed security of your children!" *press conference gets interrupted twice by protesters with massive anti-NRA signs*

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Wacomole

@dudy80 said:

Keep thinking the government will bubble wrap the world for you though, its works out so well for them in the UK.

Which means WHAT exactly...? Elucidate, please.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Ravenlight

@Fearbeard said:

His answer to the problem? More guns!!!!

His statement is almost a parody of itself.

To be fair more dakkais the solution to a fair amount of problems.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#74  Edited By TheHT

@Degringolade said:

Obviously we need armed guards watching over rural roads.

For fucks sake.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Sanity

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@murisan said:

@Degringolade said:

Fucking what the fuck

Sigh... thats about a hour from where i live. Yes this is getting ridiculous.

Im not knocking stricter gun laws, i just think its a impossible solution to "ban all guns".

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Max_Cherry

The NRA is in big trouble now that they don't have Charlton Heston to protect them anymore.

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By FateOfNever

@dudy80 said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@dudy80 said:

@Hitchenson said:

@dudy80 said:

There were armed guards in my high school.

That's fucking horrific.

Had a armed cop in mine too, and he did break up quite a few fights... Whats so bad about that exactly? You people do realize theres other ways to harm someone besides a gun right? Ever heard of bombs?

The idea that guns shouldnt be controlled because, hey, you can hurt people with lots of stuff, is seriously nutso.

Putting words in peoples mouths is too. Im all for better control, but most of the media is spouting this assault weapons nonsense when the AR-15 is just a small caliber semi-auto that happens to be built on the M4 platform. Also, i find it amusing so many are against armed guards at schools, would help with more then just shootings.

I would say I'm against it because it's treating a symptom, and not the problem.

Though, I'm not sure I would say I'm completely against it either, I'm more against the notion that apparently school's are such fucked up hell holes now that we need police to protect students from themselves and from outsiders.

The problem I see with it though is an age old problem. Criminals are fucking smart. Not all of them, but generally speaking, they're smart. They don't get a barrier put in their way, shrug their shoulders and go "eh, oh well, there goes that idea." If they did, we would have stopped having tragedies in the world back when we started building up guards for protection from crimes. Criminals find a way and putting up road blocks just makes them find other avenues to take to accomplish their goals, and they will always find them. That isn't to say don't find ways to fix problems, but it does mean that putting police officers in schools won't actually fix the problem. It may help the symptom, but it won't fix the problem.

On the topic of games and media being the problem because kids see so many fake dead bodies growing up now - Why in the fucking hell are we blaming games and media as a whole instead of blaming the damn parents for being so fucking irresponsible as to let their children watch and play that stuff before they are of appropriate age? If violent games and movies and shows and music videos and the news and all of that is to blame (which I don't believe it is, but if it is) then why the hell is it not the job and responsibility of the parents to control what content their children are taking in? Why is it Mortal Kombats problem for existing when the game is intended to be played only by people 18 years and older, and not the parents fault for being unable to make sure their child isn't playing Mortal Kombat before an appropriate age (not even saying 18, but, let's say 16, 17.)

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78  Edited By Milkman
@Degringolade

If only that street had been armed with land mines.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#79  Edited By crusader8463

I wish there was a cure for stupid in pill form.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@dudy80 said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@murisan said:

@Degringolade said:

Fucking what the fuck

Sigh... thats about a hour from where i live. Yes this is getting ridiculous.

Im not knocking stricter gun laws, i just think its a impossible solution to "ban all guns".

I agree it's not an instant fix or an easy one. I just take exception to the people who don't even wanna try to approach the issue, I'm not saying that's you.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Sooty

I am a bit surprised they don't employ armed security guards at schools, you'd think if the US can't use some common sense for gun laws they could at least protect their schools in another way.

I feel like Kramer after saying that:

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Sanity

@MoleyUK said:

@dudy80 said:

Keep thinking the government will bubble wrap the world for you though, its works out so well for them in the UK.

Which means WHAT exactly...? Elucidate, please.

Sorry, i dont mean to get smart, its just i think its my right to own a gun if i want to as long as im safe and i take the proper precautions and measures. I just think that taking away all guns is a reactionary solution that dose little to solve the real issue of which is obviously mental health. I apologize if i got a attitude here its just as many here are offended that the NRA went after games im offended people are going after my hobby of guns. I realize thats 2 different things and i wish there was a real solution but i cant quite see it myself.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By BisonHero

The NRA is right! The music video for Skrillex's Bangarang made me the violent killing machine I am today!

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Milkman
@Sooty

I am a bit surprised they don't employ armed security guards at schools, you'd think if the US can't use some common sense for gun laws they could at least protect their schools in another way.

Actually, there was a school that had armed security guards at one point.

It was called Columbine. I'm surprised they didn't bring up how well that went.
murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By murisan

@crusader8463 said:

I wish there was a cure for stupid in pill form.

It's called hydrogen cyanide.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Sooty

@Milkman said:

@Sooty

Actually, there was a school that had armed security guards at one point. It was called Columbine. I'm surprised they didn't bring up how well that went.

Did they have them around the time of the shooting? I bet they'd be kicking themselves if they removed them a month before the shootings happened...

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

@Sooty:

@dudy80 said:

Honestly, i agree with just about everything besides the video games/music thing. And fact is its just a headline grabber, sorry but you cant stand to protect peoples rights and then take them away on other things. I think he meant that kids shouldn't be playing them more then anything though.

Columbine had armed guards. http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2000/columbine.cd/Pages/DEPUTIES_TEXT.htm

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Milkman

@Sooty said:

@Milkman said:

@Sooty

Actually, there was a school that had armed security guards at one point. It was called Columbine. I'm surprised they didn't bring up how well that went.

Did they have them around the time of the shooting? I bet they'd be kicking themselves if they removed them a month before the shootings happened...

There were armed guards in the school on the day of the shooting.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Sanity

@CrossTheAtlantic said:

@Sooty:

@dudy80 said:

Columbine had armed guards. http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2000/columbine.cd/Pages/DEPUTIES_TEXT.htm

As i said before, its not a perfect solution, but i think its a good idea along with stricter access to guns.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck the NRA and all they stand for.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By AlexanderSheen

Pfft... Everyone who blames video games for the mass shootings blame Bulletstorm, Mortal Kombat, Call of Duty and what have you. But all of them missing the real culprit. That's right, nobody is talking about Kirby. You would think he's just a bubble looking cute little thing, but his body is actually made out of pure evil. People want to stop shootings? Kill Kirby. I'm telling you, that will fix everything.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By mordukai

Misdirection at it's best. Lets not blame the inadequate care his mom gave him considering he shot her in the face while she was sleeping indicating it was extremely personal. Lets not blame the loads of guns in the house where it was easily available to him. Lets' not blame his sever mental problems for this gruesome tragedy.

Lets put the blame on everything else because if there's something old conservative assholes are really good at is blaming everyone else for the problems they either create or choose to ignore.

In other news; The 9/11 hijackers used flight sims for training.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By renmckormack

These arguments on both sides are zany. The number one person or thing to get blame should be the shooter and we should be doing everything we can to figure out what the fuck happened there. That should be step one.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#94  Edited By Animasta

do we have to discuss whether armed guards belong in schools? or instead focus on how fucking dumb the head of a national organization is?

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeh, guns aren't to blame we need tons more of 'em.  

But those virtual guns in videogames? Oh boy, they're evil.

dfsvegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By dfsvegas

The NRA is a lobbyist for gun companies. The NRA should never, under any circumstances, be taken seriously. Like all lobbyists.

That is all.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Sanity

If i could actually be on topic for once (sorry), what the fuck was that stupid kindergartner shooter game he showed? Looked like shit and im guessing that its just one of those dumb flash games that is offensive for the sake of it?

He did basically kill his credibility with that shit.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Some times the people who are more insane are the ones who don't do the shooting.

There was no way the NRA could promote guns and what not in this aftermath so they pick to shift the blame.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#99  Edited By FancySoapsMan

At least we can all agree that guns have nothing to do with the problem. Not even a little bit.

right? RIGHT?

Sidoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Sidoran

So if someone ever gets beat to death with an Xbox controller, can we blame it on the guns?