#1 Posted by harinosho (726 posts) -

(posted this on reddit but was removed because it s"off topic")

Hey all, I was looking into getting Moonlighter because it seemed right up my alley, however i wanted to not get it on steam because I am finding steam more and more of a pain when it comes to just playing a game.

I noticed there is a different in prices for this game on Gog compared to steam, neither has a sale going but the price on steam is cheaper than GoG,can someone explain this to me?

I noticed this with other games too, it seems almost unfair competition.

#2 Posted by DodoBasse (86 posts) -

GoG does the whole 'no DRM' pitch. It is possible they charge a bit more for it.

#3 Posted by harinosho (726 posts) -

GoG does the whole 'no DRM' pitch. It is possible they charge a bit more for it.

The no DRM thing really helps, because I like that I don't have to open a client to play a game.

#4 Posted by Wemibelle (2578 posts) -

@harinosho: Which region are you in? Because for me in the US, the price of Moonlighter is the same on both Steam and Gog.

#5 Edited by Vortextk (784 posts) -

Just fyi, not knowing possible region differences, it's 20 bucks on green man gaming but they have a site wide pc game coupon for 25% off, "june25". I'm only lying to myself saying I don't need to purchase it. Well, that's not the lie, the lie is me adhering to it. I know you said not steam, just if you're being swayed by a cheaper price, this is even lower, but yes on steam.

#6 Edited by harinosho (726 posts) -

@wemibelle said:

@harinosho: Which region are you in? Because for me in the US, the price of Moonlighter is the same on both Steam and Gog.

Im in South Africa, it's R130 ($10,20 going by google exchange rate) on steam and its $19 on gog.