Restarting a relationship from a breakup

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Has anyone here ever broke up with someone and then restarted the relationship at a later date?

If so, how long were you apart from each other and what steps did you take to restart it?

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By raviolisumo

Yeah it's a terrible idea. Sorry to be the one to tell you but that is not a good move. Don't do it.  

Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Linkin10362
@Wes899 said:
"  Yeah it's a terrible idea. Sorry to be the one to tell you but that is not a good move. Don't do it.   "
This

Sometimes staying broken up is the best thing. I learned that the hard way. I could elaborate more, but that's only if you want.
Frozen_Ice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Frozen_Ice

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sodiumCyclops
@Wes899 said:
"  Yeah it's a terrible idea. Sorry to be the one to tell you but that is not a good move. Don't do it.   "
Oh don't worry, your not the first to tell me not to :D

It's a pretty hard thing to not think about though...
Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mmmslash

An "ex" is called an "ex" because they're an EXample of what not to do again.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mazik765
@Wes899 said:
This. If you broke up there's a reason. Think about that reason.
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sodiumCyclops
@mazik765: Well what if the reason is really hard to take seriously? Like sometimes when the breakup is mutual and the reason is very complex.
Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Warfare

Never go back.  

Edit: +2 

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thehexeditor

Hm, I've never had a relationship.
Closest I ever came to one was many years ago when I was at a middle school friend's birthday party a few days before I moved away from town; one of the three other people including me who came put her hands on my shoulders while I was on the computer and said that she was going to miss me. 
Sorry I can't answer your question but it seems like an extremely personal one where nobody couldpossibly give you the >correct< answer for your own situation despite statistical leanings toward "no man don't do it".

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By mike
@sodiumCyclops said:
" @Wes899 said:
Oh don't worry, your not the first to tell me not to :D  It's a pretty hard thing to not think about though... "
It's only hard to think about until you meet the next one, then you'll realize what an idiot you were being thinking of getting back with her in the first place.
mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mazik765
@sodiumCyclops:  In my experience if you broke up, there is a reason that you wanted to break up. This is doubly the case if the breakup was mutual, since you both agreed there was something wrong with the relationship 0.o. There is always a chance (in my experience, a pretty good one) that this problem will come up again.

Mind you if you just want the relationship for sex or something, go for it. I'm assuming you want something longish haha
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sodiumCyclops
@MB: Good call. Anything to add from personal experience?
RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By RTSlord

this doesnt entirely fit, but: "ITS A TRAP!!!"  but seriously, as much as it may suck to not be together, its just not a good idea to get back together

infamous021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By infamous021

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Why do people desperately try to have relationships? It boggles me to no end as to why people want to make their life even fucking harder.

Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Linkin10362
@sodiumCyclops said:

" @MB: Good call. Anything to add from personal experience? "

Here's a personal experience. Me and a girl broke up and a few months later I started to talk to her again. She knew that I liked her still and knew what I was trying to do. Right before I was about to go out with her again, I found out another girl liked me that I could "relate" to more than my ex. I then had to make a decision between the two and I choose the other girl and now my ex completely hates me and refuses to talk to me. So, before you try to get together again, make sure there isn't anyone else interested.

But, if you will attempt to restart your relationship, try not to ever bring up the breakup, it's a bit of a taboo.
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sodiumCyclops
@Tru3_Blu3: 
Have you ever had a long, meaningful relationship with someone you love with everything you have?

Having that and coupling it with companionship is one of the best experiences a person can have.

EDIT: there must be someone out there who has gotten back together with their ex?! surely love has prevailed somewhere out there! :P
infamous021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By infamous021
@Tru3_Blu3: I think people look at relationships differently when they like someone they know, I go over times when I would like to be in a relationship and other times I'm reminded how happy I am with the way things are right now. 

Theres pros and cons to both sides so don't assume that being in a relationship always makes things harder. If you've found the right person, usually life gets better.
Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By Ineedaname

Do it, you clearly want to or you wouldn't be posting on the forum.
As long as the reason for breaking up wasn't something to do with being unfaithful as that would probably cause permanent doubt in your mind.

It's about personal experience, the only way you'll gain that is to make mistakes, if the relationship works out for a while, then good, you had some good times, if it doesn't what's the worst, you're back in the same situation now, but with more experience about how to go about things.

Go with what you truly want to do.

To add, those posting on this forum, are either talking from experience, or have no idea about the matter, if it's the latter why are you listening to them, if it's the former maybe your situation will work out differently.

aleryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By aleryn

Haven't done that myself, but if you love the person, it's worth giving it a shot.  Good luck.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Not like this.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By toowalrus

It worked for Eminem.

PSUDude66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PSUDude66

Don't restart a failed relationship. There is a reason it fell apart in the first place.  Learn form it and move on

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By thedj93
@Tru3_Blu3 said:
" Why do people desperately try to have relationships? It boggles me to no end as to why people want to make their life even fucking harder. "
So says Mr Trollface avatar?