RIP Sir Roger Moore

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

It is with great sadness that we see the passing of Sir Roger George Moore KBE (Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire). He played the British secret agent James Bond in seven feature films between 1973 and 1985, and while his movies were considered, "the corny ones", they were of a time and place. He is played many roles throughout his life, and was a prolific TV actor, but for many he was James Bond.

I made a List about him a few years ago when Jeff was talking about Roger Moore...I think he did have at least one good movie even if many didn't like his Bond.

"...I really didn't expect you to die, Mr Bond" ~ me

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By BonOrbitz

He was my first James Bond when my dad introduced me to the series through For Your Eyes Only and Octopussy, which was playing on cable in heavy rotation at the time in the early 80s, so he'll always be the James Bond to me.

To be fair, For Your Eyes Only, Octopussy, The Spy Who Loved Me, and The Man With The Golden Gun don't feel that corny to me, especially since there are corny elements in the Connery flicks, and I still find them enjoyable. Moonraker certainly is corny and maybe Live and Let Die. A View to a Kill is a terrible film, but gave me my favorite Bond song. It's still pretty fucking good to this day IMO.

RIP Sir Moore.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

At least we can take solace in the fact that he lived a long and prosperous life. Rest In peace Mr. Bond.

DrStrangepork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4 DrStrangepork  Online

RIP Sir Roger Moore. Aside from being James Bond, he was one heck of a nice man.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Gonna have to watch The Quest again sometime. Roger Moore was great. RIP.

euantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By euantor

Rest in peace Sir Roger Moore. I didn't even know he was ill, so it came as a bit of a shock to hear the news.

DrStrangepork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DrStrangepork  Online
RockSteady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

RIP sir Roger Moore

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think Roger Moore was the best Bond, he was the only one who seems to wrangle all the disparate elements of what Bond movie's are. It's really a shame that he's passed.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was a fantastic Bond

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ezekiel

I thought he was the worst Bond. (Though I've never seen that Lazenby movie.) But it's not all his fault. Probably most of the blame is with the studio.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Roger Moore & Mylène Demongeot in
Roger Moore & Mylène Demongeot in "Romulus and the Sabines" (1961)

His IMDb is huge. He did so many things, and had a long career that lasted from the 1940s until this year.

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

Yeah I watched For Your Eyes Only many many times on cable as a kid and always loved it.

People were debating what series of films were better than the Fast and Furious franchise, and when Bond was mentioned my first thought was "the Roger Moore Bond films by themselves were better than F&F".

He was also in Cannonball Run, so that clinches it for me.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

I rewatch the Bond movies every few years. There's a Bond for every season, and Roger Moore is best for light-hearted, feel-good stuff. Thanks for the smiles duder.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I have all the bond films on Blu Ray, but I've never seen any of the Moore ones. It seems like he was well revered in the role. So all I can say is rest in peace mr. bond and well done.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

Roger Moore was the master of the reaction shot, in one Bond movie after another he could make me laugh without saying a word. His reaction to "I need refilling" in Octopussy makes me laugh every single time.

Also, I cut a Moonraker fan trailer a few months back teaching myself some video editing software, so I guess I'll leave it here as my tribute to Roger. RIP.

Loading Video...

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

89 is a fine age to reach. You did good Mr Moore. Both on and off the screen.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20  Edited By Giantstalker

Wow, this one really hurts. I liked Roger Moore as Bond and really do appreciate that era he starred in - there's real value in the almost surreal, kinda silly style they had going on.

He seemed like he recognized that, and really made it something worthwhile

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Maybe it's because he was the first Bond I can remember, but I loved Moore's take on the role far more than any of the others. To me, Bond films needed to be slightly camp and their star wear a safari suit at all times when not in a tuxedo.

By all accounts Roger Moore seemed the loveliest of people and in later years, responsible for one of my favourite tweets: