Root Canal Day -10

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Edited By artofwar420

I know these posts are not the most interesting but it helps me with the grieving process... my tooth is supposedly dying you know. I started the antiabiotic treatment, and noticed my tooth is more tender when chewing food. I don't know if that's a good sign. I however don't notice any discoloration or grayness in my tooth.

I'm still holding on to the very impossible chance of my tooth getting better and not getting a root canal.

Don't die on me!!!!
Don't die on me!!!!

I researched a new (not really new, but it's improved) procedure that's called PULP CAPPING, it basically involves steps similar to filling a cavity except the doctor sterilizes the living root and places a special kind of filling and... that's it. Similar to putting a bandaid, the analogy would be this:

If you have gangrene in a couple of fingers,
  • A root canal would be like chopping the hand out to avoid spreading of gangrene.

• A pulp capping would be similar to cleaning out the parts with gangrene and leaving as much of the hand intact.

Of course the root has to still be alive for this to happen. I'll check with my doctor.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By artofwar420

I know these posts are not the most interesting but it helps me with the grieving process... my tooth is supposedly dying you know. I started the antiabiotic treatment, and noticed my tooth is more tender when chewing food. I don't know if that's a good sign. I however don't notice any discoloration or grayness in my tooth.

I'm still holding on to the very impossible chance of my tooth getting better and not getting a root canal.

Don't die on me!!!!
Don't die on me!!!!

I researched a new (not really new, but it's improved) procedure that's called PULP CAPPING, it basically involves steps similar to filling a cavity except the doctor sterilizes the living root and places a special kind of filling and... that's it. Similar to putting a bandaid, the analogy would be this:

If you have gangrene in a couple of fingers,
  • A root canal would be like chopping the hand out to avoid spreading of gangrene.

• A pulp capping would be similar to cleaning out the parts with gangrene and leaving as much of the hand intact.

Of course the root has to still be alive for this to happen. I'll check with my doctor.

PeanutGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By PeanutGod

I feel for you, I've always been lucky enough to have my teeth, while cavity riddled, to not be painful for some reason. I have my "wisdom" teeth (or rather tooth, I have no idea why one one has come out) that is nearly horizontal in my mouth, but it seems to have fully "come out" with no complications. Good luck with that, dental stuff sucks.  : (

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By artofwar420

Thanks PeanutGod. The timing kinda sucks too, since Thanksgiving = truckload of food. We shall see, I hope my dentist agrees with the pulp capping. Time will tell.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By wefwefasdf

I just had two surgeries to remove my wisdom teeth. I hate dentists of any kind now...

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By artofwar420

Oh Jesus, I remember that, it was the worst pain I've ever felt. Pretty close to breaking a bone.

theshadow027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By theshadow027

Ah man I feel for you I either need to get root canal done on one of my molars or get it completely taken out. Hope it turns out good for the both of us =)

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By TheGamerGeek

I had a Route Canal about a month ago...and I'll PM you about it.