Should All Drugs be Legalized?

Avatar image for darkdragonmage99
darkdragonmage99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@Funzzo: read my  post If your worried about violent crime you'd be better of legalizing the drugs rather then feeding the violent crime problem. 
Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#152  Edited By Arker101

@JasonR86 said:

@Arker101 said:

No. Harmful and addictive substances should stay illegal, In my opinion.

Ok, no more cigarettes, cigars, sugar, caffeine, or alcohol.

"24 year old couldn't get his sugar fix, robs people for money. News at 5."

@mlarrabee said:

That's a tough decision. I lean towards a restrictive yes. Do what you want, but your reproductive rights may be revoked while you're a user. Maybe businesses can legally deny entrance or service.

Do what you want to your own body and mind, but you won't get the opportunity to ruin any offspring or cause other people to have to deal with you.

This is my serious answer.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#153  Edited By sickVisionz

To be fair, I suppose all drugs should be legalized. Personally, I think that ones that are chemically addictive and destroy your body should be outlawed but I always have a conflict of well, tobacco does that but I don't think it should be outlawed.

Somnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#154  Edited By Somnus

Let the individual decide what to put in his or her body, not the goverment or any other people. So, yeah.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By laserbolts

@Juicebox said:

Anyone that says no is a little kid who doesn't understand the world.

THEN AGAIN THIS IS A GAMING FORUMS SO....

What are you going on about? I agree that weed should be but you seriously think that having a bunch of methheads everywhere smoking up around you is a good thing? Clearly you dont understand the world.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#156  Edited By Yanngc33

No, Meth can't be legalized

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest, everyone who is replying yes to this poll is a fucking moron with stupid childish ideals. You need to grow up and look at the real world.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By AlexW00d

@WilliamHenry said:

@fox01313 said:

Go watch a few certain episodes of Star Trek Next Generation & Sliders where they kind of address this with the whole planet being addicted to drugs, there's just too many dangerous drugs out there that would mess up society more if they were legal to take (as more people would be taking them).

That argument is completely invalid. Just because it would be legal to do them doesn't mean more people would. Alcohol and tobacco are legal, does everyone drink and smoke? Of course not. Honestly, how many people are out there saying "boy, I sure wish I could do some heroine, but too bad its illegal"? People who want to do drugs are going to do them regardless. Decriminalizing them and regulating them will only help improve society.

You say does everyone drink and smoke 'cause they are legal? No, but a hell of a lot more people do them than do pot, or (not an actual fact) all illegal drugs combined. Your argument of his argument is just as flawed as you think his is.

darkdragonmage99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Imsorrymsjackson: Why isn't the drug cartels a worse problem then the drugs ? Isn't there more violent crime done due to the black market that is worth billions built around the illegal sell of drugs a way worse problem then the possible violent drug users ?   Is not the same % of the population using drugs now then before the prohibition started ?  

If you are looking at the real world prohibition doesn't work and  just feed  violent organised crime .  Why not try something else ? 
Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Canteu

@laserbolts: you keep saying that...but currently this the state of things.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Funzzo

@darkdragonmage99 said:

@Funzzo: read my post If your worried about violent crime you'd be better of legalizing the drugs rather then feeding the violent crime problem.

Why the hell would I want to make meth legal? Yes pot and I can see but NOT METH. Dirty tweeker fucks would still have to buy it with money and I know for a fucking fact that tweekers are fucking psycho and will do almost anything to get there hands on the shit even if that means robbing homes or mugging/jumping people for cash or any other crazy shit like that. I used to smoke lot of weed and I always said "O ya dude we should totally legalize this shit" and for the most part I still feel that way even tho I no longer do any drugs or smoke cigs. But putting meth on the street as a legal thing is just fuck STUPUID!!! Dont tell me that legalizing meth is a good idea because it has nothing to do with legalizing pot. I know here in iowa its dirty tweeker fucks making this shit in their basements or whatever and then selling it on the street and yes that is fucked but if it was out there legit for the masses then fuck would iowa and most other places be totally fucked. It would be like unleashing a fucking plague. When it comes to meth anyway the violent part is not from it being illegal and thats a fact it comes from the tweeker fucks themselves and their craving for more meth.

darkdragonmage99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AlexW00d:  Wasn't  alcohol  100% more dangerous when it was illegal then now when it is legal ? Did not alcohol prohibition drive up the violent crime rates and feed into organised crime ?    All of the good arguments to legalize drugs is right there in the history of alcohol prohibition. 
AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@SadPatrol said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Hailinel said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

No.

Seriously. No.

Hell no!

FUCK NO!!

NEVER!

darkdragonmage99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Funzzo: You obviously don't care about organized violent crime if you think prohibition is the answer. Pick up a dam history book turn to the page about the 20s and 30s and alcohol prohibition and then tell me banning something is the way to solve the violent crime problem.  

drug cartel wouldn't be fucking up mexico right now if drugs were legal. Street gangs wouldn't be a problem if drugs were legal.  All of their money is coming from the illegal sale of drugs drugs you are not I repeat not going to get rid of by banning. it's been fucking 30 years  the war on drugs hasn't put a dent in the drug problem and has only made the world a more violent place and crime more organized. 

You are short sighted sure there are violent drunks and violent drug users but the organized violent crime caused by banning the stuff is far more prevalent and a far greater problem. 
laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By laserbolts

@Canteu: Oh i know believe me I had to live with 2 of them for a year at one point in my life but if it was legalized there would be more out in public doing it.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Canteu

@laserbolts: I dunno man, it would be harder to get and easier for them to get help. Meth does suck, i'm not detracting anything from that of course.

If legalization was to happen it would still be restrictive. Not smoking up in public would be an obvious one, no driving, show up to work high you get fired etc.

I'm not interested in legalisation so people can get high easier, more that we can identify and help these people without them having to go to jail for making some really shit decisions.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#167  Edited By fox01313

Part of the reason why alcohol was so dangerous on or before prohibition was due a lot of people making it at home or makeshift distilleries where there weren't much for standards or quality control (ie. using lead pipes) instead just trying to get it made quickly so it resulted n a bunch of more problems.

Mageman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Mageman

@darkdragonmage99 said:

@AlexW00d: Wasn't alcohol 100% more dangerous when it was illegal then now when it is legal ? Did not alcohol prohibition drive up the violent crime rates and feed into organised crime ? All of the good arguments to legalize drugs is right there in the history of alcohol prohibition.

This.

Legalizing all drugs would cut down crime, make substances like krokodil and crack disappear and create more jobs in relation to drug production and also bring money into the state. And even with a 40% tax rate the drugs would be much cheaper than if you buy them illegally off the street.

There is simply no logical or rational reason why drugs should remain ''illegal''. Them being illegal does not stop people from using them, it only spawns crime. They will never be legal because of lobbying drug cartels anyway so yeah, it's a sad place we live in.

@Funzzo said:

@darkdragonmage99 said:

@Funzzo: read my post If your worried about violent crime you'd be better of legalizing the drugs rather then feeding the violent crime problem.

Why the hell would I want to make meth legal? Yes pot and I can see but NOT METH. Dirty tweeker fucks would still have to buy it with money and I know for a fucking fact that tweekers are fucking psycho and will do almost anything to get there hands on the shit even if that means robbing homes or mugging/jumping people for cash or any other crazy shit like that. I used to smoke lot of weed and I always said "O ya dude we should totally legalize this shit" and for the most part I still feel that way even tho I no longer do any drugs or smoke cigs. But putting meth on the street as a legal thing is just fuck STUPUID!!! Dont tell me that legalizing meth is a good idea because it has nothing to do with legalizing pot. I know here in iowa its dirty tweeker fucks making this shit in their basements or whatever and then selling it on the street and yes that is fucked but if it was out there legit for the masses then fuck would iowa and most other places be totally fucked. It would be like unleashing a fucking plague. When it comes to meth anyway the violent part is not from it being illegal and thats a fact it comes from the tweeker fucks themselves and their craving for more meth.

It's their fault for abusing meth, not the fault of the substance. Learn to be responsible for you actions, and you will soon see that other people are too.

bananaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By bananaz

Drugs are tools. Tools that alter the body. They should be heavily controlled and regulated but legal. Shunning a few particular drugs for cultural reasons is exactly that, a cultural thing. There's plenty of legal drugs that are addictive and potentially dangerous and deadly. We prescribe them. The streets are not awash in Oxycontin. The difference is, we control prescription drugs, but we're afraid of the "illicit" drugs.

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By theguy

Not that crazy fear gas Scarecrow has. That shit is no joke.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By cstrang

"We should let everyone do whatever they want. We haven't tried that in a while. Maybe this time it'll work..." - George Carlin

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Beaudacious

Yes all drugs should be legalized. I want druggies to overdose, and eliminate the necessity of drugs by only having people with an ounce of reason left in the world. Hell subsidize the drugs and make them dirt cheap to accelerate the process, if you're willing to ingest drugs in this day and age with all the information that's easily accessible then you deserve to overdose.

But if at the same time you can manage a marijuana habit, or meth habit and maintain some semblance of societal participation then power to you. There's no reason to force you to buy this meth and marijuana from thugs, and gangsters either in this case. If you can maintain that habit, then you should be able to purchase it in a safe manner. Mind you this percentage of people is extremely small, so its most likely an exception to the general rule.( Talking about all drugs not just marijuana.)

I have zero remorse for drug addicts, alcoholics, or cancer sufferers relating to cigarette abuse. This is the age of information, there is no valid argument to justify such "mistakes", with ignorance.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#173  Edited By Vinny_Says

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

Decriminalization? Yeah. All drugs legalized? No.

I am kind of curious to see how dealers will react to being undercut by large corporations though if legalization does happen.

When is the last time you saw someone contrabanding alcohol? The dealers will run out of drug money just like the Mafia ran out of alcohol money after the prohibition.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Vinny_Says

@Vanek said:

If people want to take drugs then I say make it legal but lock them away while they do it so they can't hurt anyone.

What? Legal but locked away? I'm not sure who is more confused me or you....

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Hitchenson

No, it would be more expensive.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Barrock

No. Heroin being legal would be stupid.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By AlexW00d

@darkdragonmage99 said:

@AlexW00d: Wasn't alcohol 100% more dangerous when it was illegal then now when it is legal ? Did not alcohol prohibition drive up the violent crime rates and feed into organised crime ? All of the good arguments to legalize drugs is right there in the history of alcohol prohibition.

No idea, we've never had prohibition in this country. And no, none of the good arguments for legalisation are in prohibition, that's a terrible argument actually.

If drugs were already legal, and then they made them illegal, then you would have a point, but that's not how it works.

And I don't think alcohol has ever been illegal here, so I still don't get your argument. During the prohibition I can only assume that the mafia or whoever the fuck it was who started distilling alcohol used shitty ingredients to start with. If you think that drug 'cookers' being able to use safe ingredients to start with would be a good thing you're plain naive.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Vinny_Says

@fox01313 said:

Part of the reason why alcohol was so dangerous on or before prohibition was due a lot of people making it at home or makeshift distilleries where there weren't much for standards or quality control (ie. using lead pipes) instead just trying to get it made quickly so it resulted n a bunch of more problems.

Remind you of anything? Like I dunno, the people who make Cristal Meth, or Desomorphine (Krokodil) in their basements.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By leebmx

Making things illegal doesn't stop people getting them. In fact people have greater access to drugs because their supply is not currently regulated.

If drugs were controlled and regulated by the Government (i.e. Heroin and other dangerous drugs only on prescription) this would reduce the availability - what Junkie is going to buy adulterated shit on the street when he can get it at cost or less from the Doctor/Chemist? Obviously you would have to have a habit already to get things like Heroin and this again would reduce the number of new, young junkies.

There is no perfect solution but at the moment we have a system where illegality is doing far more harm than good. It criminalises people who only harm themselves, gives huge profit to organised crime and poisons and kills thousands through forcing them to purchase stepped-on crap on the streets which in turn leads to greater strain and cost to Health Services. Illegality also raises the prices of drugs which causes acquistive crimes shoplifting, mugging etc.

Once you admit the fact that you will never stop people doing and getting drugs (it's basic capitalist supply and demand) you have to take action to reduce the harms to society and legal regulation is the best way.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By leebmx

@sopranosfan said:

@AnxiousTube said:

An individual should not be restrained from doing anything they want to do, as long as it is not harming another person.

The problem is that people that use drugs like Meth and Heroine will steal to keep doing the drugs.

They already do and have to steal a great deal more as illegality makes the price much higher than if it were legal. Imagine how much ciggarettes and beer would cost if they were made illegal.

eugenesaxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By eugenesaxe

@AnxiousTube said:

An individual should not be restrained from doing anything they want to do, as long as it is not harming another person.

And where does the average heroin/crack addict get the money to feed their need? B and E, mugging, basically harming other people.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By leebmx

@eugenesaxe said:

@AnxiousTube said:

And where does the average heroin/crack addict get the money to feed their need? B and E, mugging, basically harming other people.

And if drugs were legal they would be way cheaper or you would even be able to give out heroin to addicts on prescription thus reducing the crimes you are talking about. The crime you reference is caused by illegality making the price of drugs high, a £10 bag of smack could be provided on prescription for well under £1, and it would be good quality and not cut with rubbish. Problem solved.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By MideonNViscera

The answer to the question is: fuck no. Look at how many retards go off the rails when there's actual deterrents in place.

Sovereign6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Sovereign6

For private use, yes. Not in public however.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#185  Edited By spazmaster666

No. Drugs that have no legitimate medical indication should not be legalized. These of course include Schedule I drugs like heroine and methamphetamine. Marijuana is also a Schedule I drug, though I wouldn't mind it being legalized given that it has similar restrictions to tobacco and ethanol.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By ninjakiller

All drugs? No. Weed? Yes.

Avatar image for bigchickendinner
BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdragonmage99 said:

Wasn't alcohol 100% more dangerous when it was illegal then now when it is legal ? Did not alcohol prohibition drive up the violent crime rates and feed into organized crime ? All of the good arguments to legalize drugs is right there in the history of alcohol prohibition.

This thread can now adjourn.

By the Authority of The Grand Marshaller Of Great Intellectuals darkdragonmage99!!

*to much BlackLibrary*

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By AlexW00d

@BigChickenDinner: If you think he's said something correct you're a fool sir.

BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AlexW00d: What that prohibition of a previously socially acceptable commodity is in direct relation to rise in crime? This phenomenon is not just relegated to appear in the USA, but in fact occurs universally across mankind as we understand it today. Any denial to this fact, is in plain disregard of logical rational thought.

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By theguy

@BigChickenDinner said:

@darkdragonmage99 said:

Wasn't alcohol 100% more dangerous when it was illegal then now when it is legal ? Did not alcohol prohibition drive up the violent crime rates and feed into organized crime ? All of the good arguments to legalize drugs is right there in the history of alcohol prohibition.

This thread can now adjourn.

By the Authority of The Grand Marshaller Of Great Intellectuals darkdragonmage99!!

*to much BlackLibrary*

@BigChickenDinner said:

@AlexW00d: What that prohibition of a previously socially acceptable commodity is in direct relation to rise in crime? This phenomenon is not just relegated to appear in the USA, but in fact occurs universally across mankind as we understand it today. Any denial to this fact, is in plain disregard of logical rational thought.

Wait you weren't being sarcastic?

BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theguy: No, quite to the contrary. I was being quite serious, that in fact is indeed where the BlackLibrary part comes into effect you see.

c0kemusheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By c0kemusheen

Considering i'm a recovered oxycodone addict myself. My addiction was purely legal (if you count the fact that my doctor was an uneducated money hoarder who would prescribe 80mg oxys for minor back pain) Needless to say i was soon extremely addicted to oxy (which is in the same vein as pharmaceutical heroine, no pun intended) When my doctor put me on a 5 day taper from 80mg to 0 after months on the drug, i went into severe withdrawals that the measly .5mg xanax he prescribed did nothing. If anybody has went through opiate withdrawals you know where i'm coming from, it is pure hell. I went out in search of some relief and found out about the complete underworld of prescription drug dealing. There are dealers who have health insurance which pays for a majority of these expensive opiates ( I payed about 500 dollars for a 1 month supply of legal oxy without insurance) they use to their advantage the massive gap between un-insured Americans and insured to make themselves rich. The incentive for massive profit coupled with the largely lax restrictions doctors impose on patients equals an epidemic of prescription drug addiction. I'm not recommending we legalize anything other than marijuana, simply because of the massive amounts of money that is wasted on marijauna enforcement. We need to reform the legal drug system, as well as the punishments for illegal narcotics. I do agree that first offenders on drug arrests should go to "drug court" or some equivalent (in CA drug court is used along side counseling and maintenance programs to end addiction while expunging records, saving lives and money along the way)

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Strife777

Weed could easily be legalized and actually be better for everyone (if regulated and sold in the proper ways).

When it comes to other drugs, especially the stronger ones, the answer can't be as simple as ''yes'' or ''no''. There is too many things to consider.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By CL60

Weed. Yes. But who would possibly say yes to all drugs?

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By jking47

@Juicebox said:

@jking47 said:

Sure, let the stoners have what they want and let the meth addicts kill themselves, sounds fine to me. You should be able to make the right decisions about what you put in your own body.

No one says stoners. You'll probably change your opinion once you get older.

What? Everyone around where I live says "stoners". You'll probably get less ignorant when you get older.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#196  Edited By dichemstys

Yeah, pot should be. It's whatever. But hard drugs? Naw. Then again that just opens up a whole world of subjectivity that won't work.

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Akrid

30% yay? What the hell GB.

BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharmaceuticals are already as dangerous if not more so that the so called "hard" natural drugs. Proper education is the only way to insure people do not come to harms way. Not try to, and might I add, fail at controlling these drugs.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#199  Edited By Winternet

All of them. ALL!

- Joker -

jellotek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By jellotek

@AnxiousTube: But you are, physically and mentally. Smoking causes the obvious effect of second hand smoke, while some drugs such as hallucinogens can induce severe episodes of paranoia or mania. There's no telling what a person on drugs would do then. Believe me, even a skinny little guy can throw a 200 pound police officer out the window under drug induced rage. Mentally speaking, drugs have the potential to wreck any sort of relationship.

Bottom line is, drugs have a much more profound effect that how it affects a person physically.