Six Feet Under - HBO Series

themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By themartyr

Having just watched the finale for this yesterday evening: Holy moly, was that a great series. Has anyone seen it from start to finish? I was welling up like crazy at the end, and I am not the type to get deeply affected by television programmes. I cannot recommend it enough!  

Does anybody have television recommendations based on this, if they've seen it?

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By Heartagram

Great show. Awesome to see the versatility of Michael C. Hall with this and Dexter. David was my favorite character.  

I was a little dissapointed by the finale it almost seems like they wanted to do more seasons but weren't allowed to because of all the new characters introduced in the 5th season but it never really leads to anything. 

Definitely i would suggest any Dexter fan to watch this show for Hall's acting.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By skrutop

I watched the first three seasons, then lost interest towards the beginning of season four.  I felt like the show was going off of the rails a bit.  I tuned back in for the last season and was completely blown away by the end.  THAT is how you end a show.

@Heartagram said:

"Definitely i would suggest any Dexter fan to watch this show for Hall's acting. "

Agreed.  One of the funniest interviews I saw with Hall was when Regis asked him if he found it difficult to play a gay character.  Hall said it's basically like any role, really.  Reg was surprised and said "but you're not gay."  Hall said, "Well, I'm not a mortician either."
WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By WalkerTR77

Only seen season 1, but it was great with special props for Michael C Hall. Also there really should be a "Dexter is gay" video on youtube, mashing up scenes from Dexter and 6 feet under.

ribeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By ribeye

I watched it when it was on and loved it, really good acting and i just liked the whole premise of it.  i agree with themartyr, i don't normally get emotional while watching TV but i was crying like a baby for the finale - it's so sad!  haha
Valestis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Valestis

I watched the finale recently too and I fucking loved it. I don't remember the last time I cried like that. What a great show. I highly recommend it to everyone. And Michael C. Hall is awesome in it. After watching Dexter and this show he has become one of my favorite actors.

themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By themartyr
@Heartagram: Dexter is really good too, although I feel SFU is in a different league. The writing in it is insanely good. Every argument in that show (of which there are many, haha) is written in such a way that people can totally identify with either party. I watched through it all with my girlfriend and I found it amazing how both of us could so completely support the other person, where in general TV there is a 'right' person and 'wrong'. 

Michael C Hall is very very good in it, but I think Peter Krause (Nate) doesn't get enough credit, nor Frances Conroy (Ruth).