skull candy or what?

neto333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi, i was planning to buy a new earphones, but i dont want something expensive cause i only want them to travel and to put them in the small pocket of my bag. I saw the Smokin Buds 2 Y for 13.5 and i was comparing the price and i think those one that i found are pretty cheap, but a lot of people are saying they are really bad. So i want to know what earphones do you recommend me. I know that there are some pretty good headphones but they are a very expensive, ofcourse im not expecting the same quality because im only planning to expend no more than 25 dollars, but i want something decent.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Go to your local best buy and shop around for Sony's earphones, they have some good options around $30.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

buemba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By buemba
monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By monkeyking1969

Most of the ones under $100 the audiophiles will say suck. They might be right, but who he fuck cares if what you want is under $25 that you can lose/break without freaking out. I've had decent luck with Skull Candy Inked 2 not breaking even in my pocket or at the bottom of a knapsack. But, if you want cheap and decent get two pairs of Panasonic ErgoFit for $8.

All the buds between $5 and $12 will sound the same. All the ones between $14 and $20 will sound the same in that range. And, so on across any price point. Below the $40 level every pair of ear buds you buy, on any given price range will all come out of seven or eight of the same Chinese factories no matter what brand you THINK you are buying. It comes down to materials and style choices; not sound quality or mechanical sound drivers below $40. If you like one kind or another, or if one brand or another fits better just go with that. For buds I go with teh oen that inclueses different sized rubber canal spacers since i like the tiny ones in my ears. That is just about fit not sound quality.

Personally, I like over the ear Bluetooth wireless for the convenience of no messy wires. I have a pair of Photive BTH3 Over-The-Ear Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones w/ Built-in Mic...they are awesome. Inexpensive with great quality and very strong very clear Bluetooth reception. I have owned them for over a year, and they are rock solid despite banging them around when traveling.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Frequency ranges are more important than cool/exteme marketed brands. I am partial to Sonys and senheiser myself. Sony does tend to overprice though.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dunu dn-2000j

Just kidding, thats only for crazy people... *whistles*

carsend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 16

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I use a cheap pair of $8 JVCs for running. The last pair I had lasted over a year, and between rain, snow and sweat, and getting crammed in pockets and gym bags, they get pretty abused.

In my experience, the dirty secret about headphones is that if you don't really, really care about the sound quality, a pair of $10 ear buds is just as good as a $100 pair of noise-cancelers.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

The best headphones in my life have always been Sony's studio headphones hands down. The ones I have now are a decade old, still sound better than any other head phones I ever use, but unfortunately they're falling apart and they no longer make these specific ones. They do make newer ones, though, that are similar but much more expensive than they used to be. They go for around $100. But, if you want the best you gotta be willing to spend a little I guess.

If you just want cheap head phones any will do really. I wouldn't personally recommend Skull Candy or Beatz because they aren't really any better than a cheap $5 pair you'd find. Not really. Those are just more popular for dumb reasons (plus I personally prefer studio headphones because I don't like how other head phones like adding bass and what not to audio- I like my audio clean).

For example for exercising I get cheap headphones because I need some that don't fall out and aren't difficult to wear while exerting myself so I just buy these $8 earplug headphones. There are really expensive ones but it turns out those aren't really any better than maybe a little bit in the ear feel maybe. I like them mostly, though. They do fine and if they break it's cheap to buy another pair. I think they are these (I know that link says they're $20, but I get them at Walmart and they're significantly cheaper than that).

I'm no audiophile so I can't give much better advice than that. That's just what I like. Hope it helps.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing I've found about headphones is that you don't realize what you have sucks until you get something better.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For 25$ you aren't going to get something decent. You are going to get cheap headphones. Find a place that will let you return them and buy some until you find whichever ones are the most comfortable for you because that will likely end up being the biggest issue. I had some skull candy earbuds years ago and they were fine. So seriously if you can swing it go and buy a few different ones and return all but your favorite. If you can't, do it the hard way. Buy one, return it. Buy one, return it. Eventually you'll have tried all of them and can make a final choice or you'll find ones you like for the price.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Devil240Z

I think of headphones the same way think about shoes. I want them to be comfortable enough but with the knowledge that they will get destroyed sooner than I'd like. I've had $20 and $100 headphones. The expensive ones never lasted longer nor sounded so much better that the higher price was worth it.

I just get the cheapest thing that looks comfortable.

Though the shoe analogy is kinda bad cause my old $250 Red wings lasted like 6 years hard labor and were damn comfortable and the $20 ones I got from Walmart 6 months ago are already almost dead. But the headphones part is true IMO.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ry_Ry

Anything 15-25 usd will sound fairly similar. Buy what feels good and don't be afraid to return them to the store if they don't fit right.

alphasquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: I can vouch for these. They are very good for the price.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By OurSin_360

my skull candy buds have lasted me a good 2 years now, have good bass, feel pretty comfortable and don't fall out my ears. They even survived a good trip in a washing machine.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#19 fisk0  Moderator

I bought a bunch of Skull Candy buds at a discount for about $5 each. I think they sound pretty good, but in contrast to @OurSin_360 I don't think they last particularly long, about 4-5 months, but I think that was fine for the price, as most of the stuff I've gotten at that price point has lasted less than 3 months for me. That said, I can't think of much that have lasted particularly long either, had a couple of Sennheisers that lasted close to two years, and for how much those things cost, I think I prefer spending less than $15. I mean, they sounded good, but not so good I could justify such a big expense at a fairly regular rate.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

If I spend less than $25 on a pair of earbuds they barely last me a month-and-a-half. I've tried all sorts of brands and models.

I've been using some Yurbuds Inspire 200 Fitness Headphones for a while now and I'm fairly certain that whenever these break, I'm going to just buy another pair. Then again it might be a bit excessive for your needs, I probably use my earbuds ~6 hours per day, but here's the link anyways: http://www.amazon.com/Yurbuds-Inspire-200-Fitness-Headphones/dp/B00NJ4AQD0/

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have these Jabra Bluetooth headphones and they're fantastic.

http://www.jabra.com/music/jabra-move-wireless

doerr007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By doerr007
OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0: i bought mine for about 25 or 30$ at best buy in 2014 and havent regretted it. The sound is good and they block out ambient noise, they arent high level monitoring headphones but they are the best ear buds ive ever used.