So about that Superman VS Batman leaked trailer..

• 64 results
Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Humanity

Apparently someone recorded the trailer and it looked onto the internet

Batman in a .. power suit?
Batman in a .. power suit?

Surprisingly it looks.. really dark, and pretty good. Batman seems to be portrayed almost as the villain. It is just a trailer but they do kind of make him out to be an insecure, misguided character that plans to take Superman down. Affleck looks really bulky and menacing in the suit from the few glimpses in which we see him. The voice.. is way more exaggerated than in the Nolan movies. Maybe that is just the weird power armor doing it (Batman is wearing power armor..) but you can't even recognize Afleck through it.

Also I'm not a comic book aficionado, so, is there any merit behind that power suit or is this something they made up for the movie? It looks interesting I guess, but I just assumed he would put on a kryptonite ring and they would slug it out.

What do you guys think?

Batman beefed up
Batman beefed up

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@humanity: Batman has that armor on when he fights Superman in The Dark Knight Returns. Regardless, no amount of armor or fancy gadgets ever really made a difference for when the characters faced off. But this is probably not the point of this movie either, the subtitle isn't the most subtle thing in the world.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Batman sure is fat... errr mascular... err big boned?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I like it. Whatever city that is with the statue, it looks great. The shots of Superman being treated like some almost messianic figure are interesting, and Batman looks fuckin stout. I wonder if this might retroactively make me dislike Man of Steel any less.

@humanity said:

Also I'm not a comic book aficionado, so, is there any merit behind that power suit or is this something they made up for the movie? It looks interesting I guess, but I just assumed he would put on a kryptonite ring and they would slug it out.

Yeah, in The Dark Knight Returns it's the armor Batman uses to fight Superman.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I think it looks awesome. I'm really glad they are making their movies different from Marvel. The potential storyline seems really interesting. It really is going off of the events of Man of Steel. Also Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill look absolutely jacked for this movie.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr1mus: @theht: Cool. Does the armor just make him strong or are there any other special properties? Maybe I should buy this comic book series cause the way Batman looks huge in it from the few google images I looked at makes it seem really cool.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: It sorta makes him stronger i guess. It's more for his own protection i suppose. Like i said, Batman never really wins 1 on 1. It's more of a case of using every little bit of help he can get to buy himself a few more minutes. And you should totally read at least The Dark Knight Returns. It's fantastic and this trailer as more than a little bit of a TDKR vibe to it. Or you can watch the movie that came out a year or two ago on Bluray, it's pretty good.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr1mus said:

@humanity: It sorta makes him stronger i guess. It's more for his own protection i suppose. Like i said, Batman never really wins 1 on 1. It's more of a case of using every little bit of help he can get to buy himself a few more minutes. And you should totally read at least The Dark Knight Returns. It's fantastic and this trailer as more than a little bit of a TDKR vibe to it. Or you can watch the movie that came out a year or two ago on Bluray, it's pretty good.

Yeah, I don't think there's anything fancy about it. Just a power suit that does what you'd expect.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It's already down.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

And already pulled!

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Mustainium

@thestandardtoaster:

Not that I'm discrediting either of those dudes, but those are most definitely muscle suits.

No Caption Provided

The trailer looks pretty cool though, I just wish it could have shown more of...anything really, half the trailer was voice-overs. The Bat costume looks absolutely perfect.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah i dunno. I'm not too excited about this one. I didn't really care for man of steel though either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a55abbb2b8a9
deactivated-5a55abbb2b8a9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can watch the trailer here
As for the trailer, I really liked how dark it was. I got a very Atlas Shrugged kinda vibe from it. Plus batman's robotic (?) rough voice sounded pretty good. I always wondered why Batman didn't have some gadget to mask his real voice. For the film? Who knows.....kinda bummed Superman got pushed to one side in his own film with all these characters. D.C were so quick to have their own Avenger style film, it might end up hurting them. We needed more Superman films to set the foundation, but who knows really.....this might be the best film ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I can't wait for the internet to be too cool to like this movie before it ever comes out.

--

Also, I think it looks dope. If you're hoping to differentiate yourself from Marvel at this point, going nigh-apocalyptic like this sure does the trick.

lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

to those saying that the power suit doesnt help the bat... doesnt he beat superman down and pretty much says something along the lines of " i can beat you. i can take you down if i wanted." type of thing? i never read the comics but i saw part 1 and 2 for the dark knight returns. great movie/storyline... hated the VO for batman, if its not conroy or sound like him its hard for me to like the voice.

please correct me if im wrong

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: The Dark Knight Returns is perhaps the most influential Batman comic series of all-time. "Dark Batman" came into existence with that book. It features loads of iconic imagery, and plays very effectively on what Batman's "one last time" would be like, as he is in his 50's in the book. It's fairly short and is like $8. Pick it up and burn through it in an afternoon.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I don't know DC. This is putting all your eggs in one basket. I feel like they should have worked on making a decent Superman movie (if that's even possible) before they brought out the big guns.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lead_dispencer: He doesn't beat Superman, but he makes him bleed, which was Bruce's personal goal - to show that Superman is also fallible. So Batman succeeded, but he didn't incapacitate Superman. It has to do with Bruce's frustration with Superman being considered a god, and how it makes Bruce feel impotent (combined with his own aging, which Superman doesn't experience the effects of) and Supes seem like an aloof prick. There might be more to it, but this is what I remember from when I read the book.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By conmulligan

Looks kind of dumb! I enjoyed Man of Steel for what it was, but this seems way more like a traditional Zack Snyder film in a really negative way. Also, that big-ass bat suit looks like a giant Lego Batman minifig:

No Caption Provided

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

From some of the earlier reactions I had read online, I expected this to be a real shitfest, but it got me really excited. Still anxious to see what they're going to do with Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Cyborg (and maybe a few others?). The latter two are supposedly going to be minor roles so, meh, whatever...but I pray to all that is holy that WW gets the love she deserves.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Looks sweet! Made me really excited to see it! I actually liked Man of Steel!

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks awesome. Watching this trailer got me interested in reading The Dark Knight Returns, a four comic series from Frank Miller. Just finished the first comic in the series and it is fantastic so far.

lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcin said:

@lead_dispencer: He doesn't beat Superman, but he makes him bleed, which was Bruce's personal goal - to show that Superman is also fallible. So Batman succeeded, but he didn't incapacitate Superman. It has to do with Bruce's frustration with Superman being considered a god, and how it makes Bruce feel impotent (combined with his own aging, which Superman doesn't experience the effects of) and Supes seem like an aloof prick. There might be more to it, but this is what I remember from when I read the book.

that seems more like it. Man I need need to watch those movies again. or read that comic!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I think it looks fantastic. I really liked Man of Steel (more than most), and I feel Marvel's doing a fine job with its style and Stan Lee cameos.

So this looks unique and entirely different from the first. I'm curious what the scope turns out to be, because I doubt it'll be two hours of rivalry with an extremely dangerous looking Batman.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Humanity

@csl316 said:

I think it looks fantastic. I really liked Man of Steel (more than most), and I feel Marvel's doing a fine job with its style and Stan Lee cameos.

So this looks unique and entirely different from the first. I'm curious what the scope turns out to be, because I doubt it'll be two hours of rivalry with an extremely dangerous looking Batman.

I enjoyed it as well. The special effects were good and while the villains were kinda ..ehh.. overall I thought it was pretty cool. By the end when they're just fist fighting and it's 2 CG things in a CG city thats when it started to lose me a bit.

erhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks way better than I thought it would.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Seems like it could have been an animated movie, but I'm glad that DC seems to be getting their heads out of their asses (I love both DC and Marvel), but it's still too early for me to tell until the final movie comes out. But I do love that robot voice of batman in his robot suit.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hunter5024

I think it looks pretty rad. Seems different from the other super hero movies coming out right now and that's good. Zack Snyder's style lends itself well to trailers though. We'll see how it works in a 2 hour movie.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope they flesh the characters out well enough. Yeah, the fight between Batman and Superman at the end of TDKR is fucking awesome, but there's so much leading up to it that's really important in making it awesome. Specifically, Wayne's reasons for trying to take out Superman to begin with. It's going to be a really difficult thing for a Zack Snyder movie to be subtle enough to lend the nuance to the characters that they need to pull it off without it just being another superhero slugfest with nothing on the line because you know no one's ever going to die permanently, not in a comic book. It oozes so much style, I'm not so sure that TDKR is going to translate to film very well.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Humanity

Here's hoping someone, someday, makes a movie version of the absolutely amazing Superman Red Son saga where Supermans ship lands in the Soviet Union instead of the US and Batman is a crazy terrorist.

No Caption Provided

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By gundogan

Looks interesting. Nice to see they went for the Dark Knight Returns Batman look + power suit and vs Superman fight.

That comic and the animation movie are not bad btw!

civid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

...Why do Batman sound like a robot in all of the voice overs? Still for what it's going for (Miller/Nolan esque grim/dark angst), this looks completely competent. Affleck seems like some real smart casting, he's a real imposing dude as opposed to Bale, who always came of as a bit too slimy to me.

But as a non-comicbook guy, how are they handling the whole power difference between the two?

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ripelivejam
a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By a_e_martin

Well, Sucker Punch is one of the worst films I've ever seen, and Man of Steel was abysmal, so I'm not expecting the third time to be the charm for Zack Snyder, in terms of him making something that I might actually enjoy.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Snyder seems to be going on an interesting and real-feeling take (judging by the voice overs) on what would happen post-MoS. As for the rest, I guess we'll see in 2016.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Sucker Punch is one of the worst films I've ever seen, and Man of Steel was abysmal, so I'm not expecting the third time to be the charm for Zack Snyder, in terms of him making something that I might actually enjoy.

IF those are some of the worst movies you've ever seen I really gotta know what are the best movies you've ever seen. Not saying that Sucker Punch or was amazing or anything, it had it's few moments of mindless popcorn action. Man of Steel may not have been the Dark Knight in Superman form but I also think calling it "Abysmal" seems really rough. I mean I completely respect the fact that we all have subjective tastes in cinema, I'm just curious what does meet your standards?

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Nardak

I didnt think that man of steel was abysmal. In fact to me it was a far better Superman film than the previous one where Superman just kinda hang out and the main villain was again Lex Luthor. In a universe full of great Superman villains they always seems to bring up Lex Luthor as the main opponent.

Though I dont understand how the trailer can be leaked since it seems to be a recorded video from a trailer shown at a movie theater. The Batman vs Superman trailer that i watched had portuguese subtitles in it. They should just release it as a official trailer since a lot of people have by now seen the so called leaked trailer.

The thing that worries me about the Batman vs Superman movie is that they seem to be prone on cashing in on the popularity of Batman franchise to bringing people in to watch the movie. Marvel kinda does whole movies dedicated to different superheroes before doing a movie (Avengers) with an ensemble cast. Warner Bros on the other hand has done 1 decent new Superman movie (man of steel) and now they are throwing at least 3 superheroes into the same movie (Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman). It does kinda seem that they arent confident that Superman alone can bring enough people in to the movie theaters.

Small addition to the above: Just checked and it seems that they have released the official teaser trailer in hd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwfUnkBfdZ4

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As hard as it was to accept Ben Affleck as Batman I actually find it even harder to accept him as Bruce Wayne...

And was that Jesse Eisenberg doing his LL voiceover?

BladedEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BladedEdge

I just hope the ultra mega dark no comedy allowed doesn't carry over into every movie in the D.C. movie verse? Can you imagine the Flash with no humor too him? Wonder Woman's origin, whatever it is, made mundane?

Or, for example. The Thanos level villain in D.C. Is DoomsDay (or whatever) right? Wouldn't ultra-grim dark/gritty realist mean we never get to see such a character?

The trailer looked fine, I didn't bother seeing the last superman movie (because eh, I wanna see him fight monsters and be a hero, not be a walking emo monster.) this one I am gonna give a try though. Hopefully it delivers.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no idea why so many hated Man of Steel it was heavy handed in spots but compared to the last Superman movies we got it was a masterpiece, this looks awesome.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#43  Edited By Tom_omb

It's right out of Dark Knight Returns. Very true to one of the most influential Batman comics. I believe Snyder has cited it as an influence for this new movie. Probably the most definitive Batman/Superman conflict I can think of in comics. If you're not into comics, but want to check it out, the two part animated adaptation of DKR is on Netflix.

No Caption Provided

I didn't mind Man of Steel (except for the Pa Kent Death scene). I'm looking forward to this movie. Looks like they are taking a wacky unconventional approach. Main stream culture is so saturated with superheroes they don't need to keep repeating the formula of origin, sequel with a couple main stay villains, rinse and repeat until worn out. Everybody knows who Batman is, I hope we don't spend too long on an origin for this version.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always hated the concept of Batman fighting Superman. Superman should crush him period. Spam heat vision from a distance or something. It just makes Superman look like an idiot and Batman look like a god.

As for the trailer it's alright. Way more hyped for Avengers, Star Wars, Mission Impossible, Spectre, etc. I'll see it probably, but I'm not really hyped for it.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I think the first half of the trailer looks really good. The idea of the world being split between worshipping Superman and hating him is really intriguing to me. But then Batman shows up and wants to fight Superman for some...reason? I dunno, it looks dumb, not necessarily good dumb, but we'll just have to wait and see. But I did not like Man of Steel, and I've had very low expectations thus far. So in a way, having half a trailer look good is more than I expected!

Maybe I'll be wrong, and the movie will be good. I'd like that. But I dunno. I'm also not a fan of Affleck, so that doesn't help.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I personnally think it looks good. People can go all "grimdark durrr" but I'm glad DC is not just trying to copy Marvel's tone and style.

I think it's weird that people see this trailer as an implication that Batman is a "villain". I just don't see it. Anti-hero? Sure. But that's kind of what he's been half the time.

I really like the voice too. It's a different, technology based way to cover up his voice. I'm not sure if it's just a power suit thing, but that wouldn't make much sense, considering his mouth isn't covered either way. And as far as Ben Affleck's physique is concerned, the guy bulked up specifically for that role.

Anyway, this trailer seems to be very divisive. I'm on the side that likes it, but then again, I tend to be an optimist about those things. Also, to be fair, this is a teaser trailer for a 2016 movie, so passing judgment on it right away might not be the best idea.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By a_e_martin

@humanity said:

@a_e_martin said:

IF those are some of the worst movies you've ever seen I really gotta know what are the best movies you've ever seen. Not saying that Sucker Punch or was amazing or anything, it had it's few moments of mindless popcorn action. Man of Steel may not have been the Dark Knight in Superman form but I also think calling it "Abysmal" seems really rough. I mean I completely respect the fact that we all have subjective tastes in cinema, I'm just curious what does meet your standards?

As you said, those are just my subjective opinions. In fact, I rarely end up having wholly negative feelings towards the films I see, because I've learned how to avoid the ones I know I won't like. Now, in the case of Sucker Punch, I was invited to a preview screening, and boy was I happy I didn't pay to see it. I can't tell you in detail why I didn't like it because I can't remember much about it (which already says a lot about the film), but I remember being fairly interested in what was going on through the first act, till something went to shit.

Man of Steel was just boring. It's completely overloaded with scenes of Superman and the religious nut cop from Boardwalk Empire pounding away at each other and crashing through shit, which is completely pointless because they're both practically immortal. From the film's set-up, I was expecting it to be more cerebral rather than just smashy-smashy, but they threw away that opportunity in favour of mind-numbing bullshit. The only good thing to come out of that film was one piece of music by Hans Zimmer (or maybe it was one of his cronies, who can tell these days).

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AlKusanagi

The Dark Knight Rises was one of my least favorite movies of that year especially as a follow up the the Dark Knight, and Man of Steel was damn near the first movie I walked out of in theaters since Mortal Kombat 2, and by the end I'd wished I'd walked out.

The theater could be giving out free $100 bills and I still wouldn't go. DC needs to hurry up and dump Snyder and his hack-ass "vision" for their movies.

PS. Did you know Superman was Jesus? Snyder does!

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasn't into Man of Steel so i guess they have a lot of convincing to do.

It's funny that Bats asks if Superman bleeds. If he did, maybe that last fight in Man of Steel would've had some tension to it.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS. Did you know Superman was Jesus? Snyder does!

And? So does every other author who has ever written the character. Superman as humanity's savior, willing or unwilling, is one of the most powerful themes the character brings to the table.