So Michael Schumacher...

Solarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Solarus

So it was announced that Michael Schumacher is officially racing for Mercedes for the 2010 Grand Prix season. What do you guys think about it?

Being a pretty big Schumi fan, I'm pretty excited for it. I'm sure it will take him some time to get back into his old form, but considering he was an Advisor for Ferrari after retirement and raced bikes competitively after the fact (yes I know they're not the same thing, but they can help keep the edge), I don't think his 3 years of retirement will hit him as hard as some people will probably assume it will.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/23122009/58/michael-schumacher-returns-f1-mercedes-gp-deal.html 

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By VisariLoyalist

I don't think about it, cause I'm american.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By JoelTGM

I don't follow racing, but I think it's great that he will continue because it's always exciting to watch a pro.

pplus0440

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By pplus0440
@VisariLoyalist said:
"I don't think about it, cause I'm american. "

you uncultered swine!! 
and yes i'm sure he will dominate as always, though i have always been a ralph fan.
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Jimbo

I think if he has the best car he'll win, and if he doesn't he won't.

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Burns098356GX

Has any pro-athlete whos retired and returned after a few years ever come back and been as good as what they were before?

I'm not sure on this, I think he'll be ok, but not like the old days.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Black_Raven

This is awesome, I used to be a big fan of F1 and Michael Schumacher was my favorite. 

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By bubahula

im from Canada. is this racing anything like polar bear ice racing?

Solarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Solarus
@JacobBrodersen said:
" It'll be interesting to see what he can get out of the newly Mercerdes bought Brawn car, that car was amazing this year! "
Yeah that car was sick, but a lot of it had to do with the diffuser it had in place. 3 of the teams had them, and the rest complained because they felt it broke the rules (but F-1 ended up allowing it anyway), and so they basically ran the entire show for the season as a result. That will probably be corrected for this year. Nonetheless though, Brawn is a solid engineer, so I can't possible see the car being bad. It will likely be one of the fore-runners for sure.
chrisojemmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By chrisojemmo
@Solarus said:

" @JacobBrodersen said:

" It'll be interesting to see what he can get out of the newly Mercerdes bought Brawn car, that car was amazing this year! "
Yeah that car was sick, but a lot of it had to do with the diffuser it had in place. 3 of the teams had them, and the rest complained because they felt it broke the rules (but F-1 ended up allowing it anyway), and so they basically ran the entire show for the season as a result. That will probably be corrected for this year. Nonetheless though, Brawn is a solid engineer, so I can't possible see the car being bad. It will likely be one of the fore-runners for sure. "
They had the best car at the beginning of the season, but then everyone else caught up and i think Red Bull ended the season with the best car!

I think Michael will end up being a middle order guy who occasionally gets points and will have one good race in the season, infact...i'm calling it!!!