#1  Edited By MarkWahlberg

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Been reading some X-Men lately, and since everyone and their mother has mind powers in that series I got thinking about it, and couldn't really decide which I'd prefer.

you WILL eat the kiwi skin.
you WILL eat the kiwi skin.

If you're a telepath, you can tell what other people are thinking - useful in social situations - and you can mess with their brains if you need to. Morally ambigious? Yes, but also potentially awesome.

If you have telekinetic powers, you never have to get up to go to the fridge. EVER.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

Telepathy would be infinitely more useful in real world situations. Certainly the latter would be cool, but that's all it would be in anything except a violent situation. And even if you are a telepath, most violent situations could be avoided by, say, driving the aggressor insane or making them hallucinate or something.

EDIT: And even if you cut out mind control, the ability to simply read minds would be useful in knowing whether you're wasting your time or not with, say, a girl or a job interview. Or you could better know how to put yourself in favorable situations if things aren't going your way./EDIT

Can I just be Tetsuo, minus the hallucinations and tendency to turn into a goo-ey monster?

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Telepathy, but telekinesis is cool as shit too!

mbr2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By mbr2

Because I know how my brain works and the fucked up shit I think about on a day to day basis I NEVER want to know what goes on in other peoples heads.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MarkWahlberg

@believer258:

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I chose telekinesis, but then I thought of all the useful application of telepathy and realized I would rather do those things than "HOLY SHIT LOOK I CAN MOVE THAT HOT DOG TO MY MOUTH WITH MY MIND"

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Video_Game_King

Telepathy. I've seen telekinesis, and it's not as interesting as telepathy.

MGRUBERSVILLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MGRUBERSVILLE

Telepathy so i can cheat on tests easliy

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Scrawnto

Telekinesis, because I actually respect other people's privacy. Weird, right? Plus crouching to tie your shoes sucks. Also, what said.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MiniPato

Telepathy all the way. Unless I'm fighting crime or being some kind of crime lord, I have no use for telekinesis. Once you're known as "that guy who can move shit with his mind" you can't fool anybody. If something moves on its own, they're gonna blame you for it.

Question about telepathy though. If I can read minds, can I read them in every language? Like, can I only read thoughts of english speaking people? Ah, either way it will still be very useful.

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jesterroyal

Telepathy is a dark road. You don't want to know what people are thinking all the time. If you got good enough moving crap with your mind you could even start moving yourself. That's called flight, son. What if you were capabale of moving things on a sub atomic level so fast that it increases friction. Hello PYROkinesis. Just a better deal all the way around.

retrovirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By retrovirus

I don't know if I could turn off the telepathy, I might go insane. Moving stuff with my mind would be better for my sanity. Also, manipulating gambling results would be great.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Scooper

I bet if you could read people's minds you wouldn't have many friends. I bet it would start to drive you crazy pretty soon as well.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MiniPato

@jesterroyal said:

Telepathy is a dark road. You don't want to know what people are thinking all the time. If you got good enough moving crap with your mind you could even start moving yourself. That's called flight, son. What if you were capabale of moving things on a sub atomic level so fast that it increases friction. Hello PYROkinesis. Just a better deal all the way around.

Unless you can fly superman speed and handle the G-forces and cold temperature, I'd say no thank you to flying. I'd rather mindjack someone and make them think I won free plane tickets to where ever I want. Being telepathic is the same reason I would choose invisibility over super strength. You can remain anonymous much easier and people can't manipulate you by harming your friends or family.

The less high profile you are, the less likely you'll end up in some kind of high security black ops government super prison at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BraveToaster

Am I restricted to only moving inanimate objects with my mind? If not, I would learn how to make someone's heart explode or skull cave in. That would be awesome.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

This is super tough. With telepathy I can tell if a girl is into and I could get all the answers to my tests by reading the teacher's mind. However if my telepathy is strong enough that I can pick myself up and fly I would definitely have to choose that.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ch3burashka

If I have telekinesis, I already have telepathy, seeing as how people will always be thinking, "That guy is fucking awesome, he can move shit with his mind."

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#19  Edited By BeachThunder

Telepathy - only in theory; in actuality, I don't know if I'd want to know the shit that goes on in people's minds.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Telekenisis.  I would love to move shit around.  I would feel like Magneto and I honestly dont want to see whats in peoples minds and manipulate them without them knowing.  If I were to force someone to do something, I would rather have them know that its me doing the act.  

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By JTB123

Telekinesis for sure.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By McGhee

Telepathy would be great until you start to find out what your friends and family really think about you.

Philantrophy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Philantrophy

What are we talking about in the sense of scale, can I lift building? Because if you could do that, it would make you invulnerable.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By falserelic

So much power I want it all.....

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

ANDREW!

NO! ANDREWWW!

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MezZa

Depends. Is my telepathy easy to control, or will I be hearing everyone's voices in my head when I'm sitting in a crowded area. Telepathy may drive you insane even with full control. There's a reasons peoples private thoughts are private. If someone catches onto what you're doing then no one will ever want to be around you again knowing that they could be mentally violated at any time.

Now that I think about it, telekinesis. Useful for being lazy, I can have a successful career as a magician and let my fame get me all the women (no need for reading their minds then), and I can use it as a weapon to defend myself.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BrockNRolla

Telepathy would be a burden. If the internet has shown us anything, it's that when people don't think they'll be held accountable, they'll act horribly. Hearing a person's thoughts would no doubt present us with the most vile realities of humanity. Basically, having telepathy would be like scanning through YouTube comments all day. Telekensis might be more limited in scope, but I'd without a doubt prefer it.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AlexanderSheen

Telekinesis all the way! I wanna fuck shit up WITH MY MIND!

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By penguindust

Telepathy. Cut out all that awkward banter and find out quickly if a girl is into you.

Also cheat at cards.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30  Edited By Sooperspy

Telekinesis would be way cooler I think.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#31  Edited By c_rakestraw

I don't think I could handle being privy to everyone's innermost thoughts. So telekinesis it is.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By tim_the_corsair

I wouldnt want to have telepathy, being able to read the minds of people I care about would just be harrowing

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By 49th

If I can move stuff with my brain there's a way bigger chance of being found out. I think that would be the cooler power to have but I would never use it in public since I don't want to end up being experimented on. I would go for telepathy because at least I could use it discreetly and to help me out in regular situations.

glyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By glyn

If you could move stuff with your mind. - You could pretend that you were lifting it yourself.

It is hard to pretend you had a lucky guess at reading someone's mind for too long.

Which would a girl be more impressed with? Super super strength, or you being able to freakishly read her mind?

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By cookiemonster

Telekinesis, because I think reading everyone's minds and knowing their deepest darkest thoughts would turn you completely insane.

Also telekinesis opens up the option to fly, which would be sweeeeeeeet.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By handlas

Telekenisis...who gives a sh*t what other people are thinking when I can throw stuff at them with my mind?

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FLStyle

I will only decide after the following question is answered:

Does Telekenisis mean being able to make myself fly like a bird or make myself float a bit?

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

I've got strong opinions on privacy and that what a person thinks isn't necessarily as important as what they say and do, so it would be incredibly hypocritical of me to choose telepathy. Thankfully, I'm also a terrible person, so I'd pick it anyways.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#39  Edited By wefwefasdf

@PenguinDust said:

Telepathy. Cut out all that awkward banter and find out quickly if a girl is into you.

Also cheat at cards.

This guy has the right idea!

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

My own thoughts are fucked up enough, so unless I can possess people and control them through telepathy I would pick telekinesis.

EDIT: FUCK YES PSI OPS!!!

@falserelic said:

So much power I want it all.....

I would play the FUCK out of a remake or actual sequel to this.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MikeGosot

I don't think anyone would be able to keep up with reading thoughts. I don't think you could turn it off, situations in public would be insane and human thoughts aren't really clear: You don't think "Hm, i'm hungry, i want a hot dog". You think "Hungerwantahotdogsomuchfoodwithketchupcatchupusainboltwasgreatyeahineedahotdog".

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By inkerman

I picked telepathy, but in defence of Telekinesis, I submit the movie Chronicle.

smitty86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By smitty86

Definitely telekinesis. Telepathy would already isolate you from everyone and you would never be able to develop intimate, meaningful relationships with anyone. However, there is not a person alive that wouldn't get laid a some point with a "check this shit out" telekinesis trick.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By audiosnow

Telepathy would drive me insane. That's right, I saw that episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on IMDB's instant streaming...

Telekenisis, baby.

This store is being robbed? What about now, now that your gun is floating on the ceiling...

Little, old lady needs a new fridge installed? Pardon me while I float it into your kitchen...

Can't find a parking space? Guess this blue Audi is moving to the street...

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By jay_ray

Can I move myself via telekinesis so I can fly? If so defiantly telekinesis, otherwise it is much harder to choose.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#46  Edited By TheMasterDS

Telekinesis. I mean sure, it's only good for dumb shit and being Magneto, but dude the dumb shit you'll be able to do will be great! You'll be able to fly or something that approximates flying like being able to climb, hover and Cole McGrath glide, and, if you were good enough at it, trivial things would seemingly just do themselves. No more getting up to switch games! Well, actually you'd probably have to get up for Xbox since its buttons are capacities, but still! Also it's just fucking cool! Telepathy would just be a lot of information that others would rather you not have. I mean yes, you could use it more aggressively in public and get anything you wanted with it, but I'm more interested in moving stuff than understanding people.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By asurastrike

Telepathy, because I can already move things with my hands.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#48  Edited By TheHT

Telekinesis! I'd nurture the hell out of it until I could fly and stop bullets and move really big things and stuff. Or really small things. That's when things start to get devious. Disconnect someone's heart but leave it in their body.

Oh man, that's... kinda fucked up. Maybe I wouldn't use it for anything other than turning off taps and opening doors in public restrooms. Telepathy at first I imagine would give me the biggest and worst headache of my entire pithy existence.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ShadyPingu

Telekinesis.

No desire to know the unfiltered thoughts of the people in my life.