The Bombers Big Box of Marketing Swag and Charity

Butler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Butler

So while I was at work the other day, I was listening to this week's Bombcast and they mentioned they received a bunch of gaming swag from marketers trying to promote their game/goose up game "scores." The crew said that they toss this stuff aside because they have no use for it because they just want play the games. Mulling over this and being a New Jerseyite, someone who has to confront the the aftermath of the hurricane on the daily, gave me an idea. Given the destruction caused by the recent hurricane I wanted (if possible) to start some sort of charity with the awesome Duders of this community as well as the Bombers.

I figured they could auction off all the swag that they have no use/room for and donate the proceeds to the hurricane relief effort. I figured it would be mutually beneficial because the public has no access those collectibles and the Bombers can rid themselves of the evil taint of marketing goodies they have no use for. I'll probably by anything signed by and if that money can go towards helping others out, more the better.

Also in the same fashion of the Halo marathon, maybe we as the community can set something up similar. For those that can't physically come to volunteer to help up maybe we can raise money by live streaming video game sessions etc.

So I am totally naive about charities and the rules and laws associated with them so I was wondering if you cool cats had any feedback, experience, ideas of your own for some sort of charity work to help with the hurricane. I know there are other video game community associated charities out there but I would love if the Giantbomb community could be at the forefront of it. Cus you are all awesome peeps. All of you.

Even you. ^^