The Five Year Club

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Post if you've been on Giantbomb for 5 years or more. It's hard to believe its been five years since I've joined the site and while its change quite a bit and I don't post as often I have some great forum memories. Let's reminisce old timers.

drgrumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

here since it was just a blog with the arrow pointing down podcast, that was basically an energy drink review. Man I miss those times.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yo

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Blackout62

Joined 2009-01-06. That's just barely five years... I think.

Hey remember Coonse. He was a cool guy.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I've been here since this website was a wordpress blog and there were only two guys working in a basement in Sausilito. I've seen the rise and fall of kings, of Wii Defense Forces, of weirdo trolls. I've seen a lot.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I also started with the Arrow Pointing Down podcast and blog. I really miss the excitement everyone had back in those days.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been here since this website was a wordpress blog and there were only two guys working in a basement in Sausilito. I've seen the rise and fall of kings, of Wii Defense Forces, of weirdo trolls. I've seen a lot.

How ironic is it that the destruction of the Wii defense force came from Brad's Lost Planet 2 Review, lol.

osmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By osmiles

Day one baby, all day, every day

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By Yummylee

Ahoy-ahoy.

No Caption Provided

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Also been following since Arrow Pointing Down. I remember one of the first podcasts involved Ryan talking about how comfortable Jeff's couch was because the whole thing was being recorded in Jeff's living room where Ryan had passed out the night before. Back then every day was an Unprofessional Friday.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#12 FinalDasa  Moderator

It's been 6 years since I started coming to GB but my join date was months later once the Endurance Run hooked me. So I'm sitting around 5 1/2 years.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Been here since day one. Couldn't think of a username, so I just used my own name.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sup.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By WickedCestus

Joined about halfway through 09. It's been a long road. I was hanging around this site for most of my high school years and here I am in college now and still hanging around. A lot of things have changed around here but I've never stopped loving Giant Bomb and the community. Crazy that it's been over 5 years now. I too don't post as much as I used to but I still like to browse around these forums.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember the day the bomb dropped. Those were good times. These are damn good times, too.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Ask me in a few months. Although, It's definitely been more than 5 years since I started coming here.

Also, holy shit, time flies :|

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

I've been here since the beginning. I like how the join dates aren't seen in every post. Too many forums have people who look down on newer members, and I'm glad none of that BS happens here.

VIDEO THING!

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wow, apparently I have been around that long.

If you want forum memories, let me remind you of one @hitmanagent47. Our fearless leader is no longer with us, but he well always be remembered.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#20  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Just hit the 5 year mark today actually. Joined on November 1st 2009.

Pretty sure I watched their videos for a few months before I created an account though, but can't recall how long that would've been.

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been a Gerstmann fan since the nineties, and the Giant Bomb staff are some of the bestest friends I've never had.

Camelizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm at a little over 6 years myself. I think my join date was a couple weeks after the first day you could register an account. It's hard for me to remember early Giantbomb at this point. I can't remember what the site looked like only basically the things that happened or the people who worked there and in the office above.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Been a fan of the duders for a loooong time. Gamespot was my place to go in high school, then followed them here. Didn't make an account immediately, so that's been less than 5 years by a few months it looks like.

KevinWalsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say early 09 but not 100% sure. I specifically remember seeing the deadly creatures quick look as my first experience. Been a fan ever since (cause nothing says Giant Bomb like a spider-scorpion action adventure Wii game).

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@fisk0 said:

Just hit the 5 year mark today actually. Joined on November 1st 2009.

Pretty sure I watched their videos for a few months before I created an account though, but can't recall how long that would've been.

Woo! *pops metaphorical champaign cork*

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@drgrumbles said:

here since it was just a blog with the arrow pointing down podcast, that was basically an energy drink review. Man I miss those times.

That reminds me of their first podcast (Jeff and Ryan) when they were spent the opening minutes talking about Powerade Tiger, or whatever the hell that Tiger Woods Powerade was called.

@camelizer The only thing I remember the most from the beginning was that Drew was an intern at Giant Bomb or something.

Quemaqua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been here over six years. Haven't had much time for interacting with folks, but it's been fun to watch the place grow.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Aegon

Yes, I'm one of those who was visiting the site when it was a blog about like...MGS 4 and some crappy Poker Game.

I registered an account over five years ago.

I was not into the idea of listening to a podcast until I gave the Bombcast a shot.

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PimblyCharles

Aww... I won't be apart of the 5 year club until January. Can't believe it's been this long since I've been visiting the site and how much of a part of my life it is now. So many things have changed in the past 5 years. Whiskey Media days will always be missed. Really miss those Happy Hours. Think the site has been moving forward in the right direction though. We've had a re-design and some major staff changes. Looking forward to seeing how the site and community evolves in the next 5 years! GB4Lyfe.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I don't approve of this thread, it feels exclusionary and icky.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#31 fisk0  Moderator

@pimblycharles: Yeah, me discovering Giant Bomb very much coincided with some very major changes in my life. Feels pretty weird looking back at the years prior now. Can't claim GB caused any of those changes, but they've pretty much been a daily routine for about as long as my current job and a bunch of other stuff.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think I signed up the first day it was an option, I was here for the Giant Blog, Arrow Pointing Down and I was at Gamespot for a few years before 'The Event'.

Twisted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I won't be in the club until next September. I remember visiting the site when it first launched though, but didn't bother signing up. I was a heavy Gamespot forum user at the time so I stayed there. I mostly stuck to the forums and read most of the reviews but didn't follow the personalities. I didn't watch the other shows or listen to the podcast or whatever so didn't have much reason to use GB.

I do believe the Rogue Warrior quick look was the first content I watched. I stuck around after that, started listening to the bombcast occasionally, and eventually signed up. It's been fun.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#34  Edited By Forcen

Anyone remember this email from six years ago? Time flies...

No Caption Provided

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#35  Edited By csl316

Red Faction: Guerilla Quick Look was posted in April 2009, so yep! Been here ever since.

Edit: Oh wait, I'm a damn liar. Took a bit to get me to join a site outside of Gamefaqs. "Date joined: 2010-04-03" Must have taken a while to get through all that TANG.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure how long I've been here. I believe there's a way to check, but I never bother to lean it. Hooray anyway!

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ive been here for about 5 years,didnt do anything in the forums till this year though.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, 2008! That's 6 years... Buck-thirty cam forever!

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yaaay, more dick-waving contests.

On another forum, one member started a thread devoted to the fact that he passed 4,000 posts. I was warmed by the hostile and caustic response.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40  Edited By WickedCestus

Wow, apparently I have been around that long.

If you want forum memories, let me remind you of one @hitmanagent47. Our fearless leader is no longer with us, but he well always be remembered.

Oh god that guy was amazing. I'd probably name him in my top 5 of most entertaining posters.

mosdef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sure y not. it was just like yesterday when i was listening to a random podcast with the duders about creating creating the the website and tyring to find the dumbest available name possible. Memory kind of fuzzy but i also think I remember them being surprised that people were actually using the wiki.

• Date joined:2009-07-20
donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I'm totally in this club. It's pretty exclusive, you probably haven't heard of it.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for somethingclever
SomethingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently I joined in March of 2009 but I believe I jumped on board December 2008. I had been watching/listening to 4 Player Podcast for a while and somehow that led me to Arrow Pointing Down. I don't think I had ever once gone to Gamespot so I had no idea who Jeff or Ryan were or what their histories were but they were interesting and I was hooked.

zoozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I signed up real early. Remember when the 'site' was just a blog, and the thrill of seeing new episodes of "How to Build a Bomb" show up. It's really kind of crazy how much things have changed - now it seems like GB's set to overtake Gamespot in terms of popularity.

I kind of wish I had been more involved with the community early on. I don't read through the forums as much as I used to, either. GB will always be a site I love, though. And I mean it when I say I love this goddamn website.

Avatar image for mastab8ing_bear
mastab8ing_bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not one for posting often but I've been following the crew since the early Gamespot days continuing on to Arrow Pointing Down, the rest is history.
RIP Ryan Davis

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Yep, but as with everything all good things will come to an end.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ripelivejam

i'm a member of the five beer club does that count

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be here six years next month. It's been a great ride, sometimes hilarious, perplexing and even sad. I've never felt more at home among a community of strangers. It's an amazing place they've built here.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Date joined:2008-07-21

Damn, that's over six years ago, I was just 17 back then. I don't have as much hair as I had back then but at least I have a decent beard.