The (new) social network

syzygyeolith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

It seems like this new 'Ello' network, which is still in a closed beta, has been getting a lot of press lately. I never got a Facebook since I found the fact they never really delete your information to be a little creepy, but the manifesto they have seems to be something I can get behind. It kinda reminds me more of Blogger or something, which I used to use over ten years ago.

Is anyone from here using it at the moment?

I'd love an invite code if anyone had a spare!

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

If you do a bit of digging then you'd know their manifesto is bullshit. They've already taken $400 million in start up capital so it's not a matter of if they sell your data but when. That doesn't bother me though, as twitter has been getting worse and worse for three or four years now. Even if Ello is a temporary competitor that's still something that could force innovation and improvements in other social networks. I requested a invite about a week ago so hopefully I'll get one soon.

Tez79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I saw someone on Fb talk about having invites to give out. I also heard a lot of people have lost money investing with them, it sounds like almost a pyramid scheme.

I'm wary of these new social networks, but then in my mind google+ is more of an annoyance than anything else. It'll be interesting to see how it goes though, I think a lot of people are becoming disillusioned with facebook and twitter.