Poor Fernando!

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Alonso out... Honda literally make the worst engines. Pathetic how bad those engines are. Fernando let down again by his car, great drive from the Spaniard.

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great seeing Max Chilton up there, impressive drive from him today but I can't see him holding off Sato and Castroneves.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Nooooooooo!!!! What a shame. He was just gaining places and so close to the end.

I hope Alonso comes back next year. He did so well this year.

Oof big crash with a few big names.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

Never let Alonso fly in one of those Honda jets! There are no sun loungers in the sky.

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ben_h said:

Nooooooooo!!!! What a shame. He was just gaining places and so close to the end.

I hope Alonso comes back next year. He did so well this year.

Oof big crash with a few big names.

Indy Car should pay him to come back, even got my dad watching Indy Car again (he adored the series back in the 90's, CART or Indy Car it doesn't matter) and its been great publicity for the race series. I would love this to become a thing each year, have an F1 driver get a Indy seat for the Indy 500.

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wooooo! Sato you beauty!

What an end to the race, so tense. Shame for Chilton but delighted for Sato.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9408  Edited By rethla

Alonso out... Honda literally make the worst engines. Pathetic how bad those engines are. Fernando let down again by his car, great drive from the Spaniard.

Well thats a bit harsh with the top 10 dominated by Honda and an Honda winning.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think Honda's race car teams need to take some pointers from Honda's street car teams. My Accord seem pretty reliable.

Georgiotre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was a great race. Probably one of the be post 2012 races we actually had. People forget how good Sato was in F1 and even though he did go through a lot of cars, his aggressive style make him actually fun.

He pretty much played this race right, clearly he was pretty pumped up for this race, why wouldn't you if you're part of the top Indy 500 team in the series, and his moves throughout the race was amazing. On the Alonso front, it a shame that he retired with a engine failure, but at least this engine is competitive and won the race with another driver then what's been happening in F1.

I kinda hope that everyone actually enjoyed that race actually watched it cause you'll not see anything like it until next year with the new style of cars

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A good race, driver of the day for me was Carlos Sainz, taking a not great car to the top 6 was a job well done. Unlucky for Vandoorne and Kyvat as they both had solid drives and probably, on the balance of things, deserved points.

Unlucky that Perez decided to shunt them both out of the way, you mean? That was pretty poor form.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@georgiotre: Sato was Maldonado before Maldonado was Maldonado.

kubqo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I feel like this Monaco race will be the one being looked at at the end of the season as a WDC title decider.

Georgiotre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dave_tacitus: Kinda harsh. Sato was that driver who was balls to the wall, Maldonado just was clumsy and overly reckless. Also Sato is just a nice guy as well

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9415  Edited By Dave_Tacitus

@georgiotre: By all accounts Maldonado is one of the nicest guys to ever have been given a life ban from racing at Monaco on the grid. In Sato's F1 days he was very much in the Maldonado mould - Quick on occasion, calamitous on others.

EDIT - And they were both cult heroes.

Georgiotre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dave_tacitus: also never raced for a top team until Sato did this year.

djn3811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

My friend and I are driving up from Cincinnati, Ohio to Montreal next week and are really excited to be seeing our first race in person. Anyone else going to be there? We will be in Grandstand 11 section 6 (right at the first couple turns at the end of the pits/start straight.

Any tips on things that we should do in the city if we have some free time? (Apologies if this has been discussed / asked before).

frump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@djn3811: I'll be going too. There's a ton of meetups and information on the r/formula1 subreddit. I'd check there for info. There's activities every day starting Thursday.

Will be wearing my GB shirt to some meetups in case other folks are around.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hamilton receiving Senna's helmet gave me serious goosebumps. Liberty are really killing it with bringing some emotion and theater back to F1.

BrianP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm lucky enough to be at the race, and right by turns one and two. Qualifying was really fun and I cannot wait for the race proper tomorrow.

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9422  Edited By Sessh

Abysmal start from the Ferrari's and now Vettel has a problem with the front wing too, this is already over.

Also that's a terrible and ridiculous accident. Should have red flagged way sooner.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9423  Edited By Shindig

@machofantastico: Crikey. That weather looks abysmal. Hope they pull through. The Isle of Man TT sneaked past my attention this week, too. Ian Hutchinson broke his leg again chasing his 17th win. I'm beginning to think Dunlop's records will be untouchable solely due to attrition.

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of these drivers have some dirty mouths. Fascinating race so far, I love the Canadian circuit.

Honda continue to be a joke, that McLaren looks like a decent car but the lack of power real hurts it.

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, there's always so much stuff happening in Canada. It's my favorite of the season.

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Force India politics going on, rather amusing now.

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alonso out with yet another engine blow up, it's pathetic how bad that Honda engine is. Hopefully McLaren gets rid of that garbage engine.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So sad for Alonzo. I think the rumors of him going to IRL for the rest of the season are interesting. At least some fans got cool souvenirs with ALO going into the stands when he retired.

Also, Ocon should be rightfully pissed.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Such a shame for Vettel and Verstappen. Would have been a great fight for the podium.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Patrick Stewart should do the podium interviews every week. That was a tremendous mix of awkward and ecstatic.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9431  Edited By isomeri

I do love all these midnight Le Mans bits. What a shame for Kamui that engine issue.

EDIT: A thrilling race all the way through. Hopefully we'll see more cars and reliability in the LMP1-class next year. That GTE PRO finish was something though, true Le Mans spirit up to the very end.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Baku has been a snorefest again this year so far. The only mildly entertaining bit is the slippery chunks of the track catching drivers out. Merc qualified 1-2 on a very Merc-friendly track so chances are Hamilton will comfortably win it barring some type of first lap incident. Ferrari has been looking rough all weekend despite somehow still getting 3 and 4. Vettel seems to be having some pretty bad luck these last couple weekends and Kimi is just doing his thing (fast on one lap, pokey in the latter parts of the race). Red Bull seems to be stuck with a car that either goes very fast or not at all.

Hopefully Baku's off the calendar within a year or two now that Liberty seems to be favoring going to more European tracks and other locations not in oil-funded dictatorships. Supposedly Imola has been recertified for F1 racing so it may be back soon. That's a good track.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Fuck me, this race....

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9434  Edited By Ben_H

I just tuned into the race. What a bizarre race.

Baku has some big design issues. It seems insane every tiny debris chunk requires a safety car because there's no access to the roads.

Alonso calling for red flag.

Whoa I missed what Vettel did. Why did he do that? I bet he gets in trouble for that.

I was so confused why they retired Kimi and then they showed the left side of his car and I went "Oh, ok".

Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ben_h: It doesn't look like the marshalls have much access to the track itself (that's why it took a while to get Kvyat's vehicle off track), which is why we still see more debris and leads to a whole heap of potential issues which played out accordingly.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9436  Edited By isomeri

Yeah, they need to fly some track experts from Monaco out to Baku for next year.

Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's going to be fine now that The Black Eyed Peas are here!

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9438  Edited By Dizzyhippos

This race is insane... is this track actually equipped to handle the sun setting?

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla: Given how this race has gone?... fuck no

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9441  Edited By Ben_H

This race continues to make no sense.

I think I'm cheering for Stroll? Also Bottas is a beast. Last to third.

Alonso's in the points. Which lap will his engine go this time?

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9442  Edited By Dizzyhippos

@ben_h: 51

I have to believe there going to give Vettle a bigger penalty after the race is done. You can't intentionally drive into someones ass like that.

Bottas stole 2nd by .10 of a second... damn you silver arrows

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dizzyhippos: Its not like it was a big deal. A small touch wheel to wheel in low speed. They might give him a few points on the licence and i do hope they give Hamilton something aswell for his braketesting which triggered it all and truly was unsafe driving.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9444  Edited By Ben_H

Genuine enthusiasm and excitement in the podium room rather than the usual tense atmosphere it is when Hamilton is there. A good change.

kid_gloves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey look an entire podium of likable drivers!

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A very eventful race indeed, delighted for Stroll.

What the FIA are thinking with just a 10 second penalty is beyond me, possibly one rule for Ferrari and another for everyone else. Hell didn't Maldonado end up getting suspended for a race for something similar. Poor decision by the FIA and absolute stupidity from Vettel. Fun race overall though, the racing was a bit immature at times but entertaining. I bet the dude who didn't put Hamilton's head rest on properly is right scared stiff after this, things like that cost championships. Great race overall on a track I'm not a massive fan of personally, other than the Vettel-Hamilton incident is was a blast throughout.

Bravo to Daniel, Stroll and Bottas.

cclemon36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that was one crazy race. Almost seemed like early troubles were the way to success in this one :D

Also, can't believe the Force India boys, namely Ocon this time around.

kid_gloves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@machofantastico: It wasn't a 10 second penalty, it was a 10 second stop-go penalty, the net effect is more like 30 seconds.

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that was one crazy race. Almost seemed like early troubles were the way to success in this one :D

Also, can't believe the Force India boys, namely Ocon this time around.

If I was the head of Force India I'd be fighting the temptation not to strangle Ocon for not giving Perez any room whatsoever. Stupid driving, cost them what could have been an amazing result.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_gloves: The net effect was 3 positions ;)

@machofantastico:He cut the chicane and couldnt make the turn just like Bottas when he rammed Kimi in the start. It wasnt a matter of leaving room or not it was a mistake.