The Tonight Show w/ Conan O'Brien!

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TwoOneFive

All of this E3 craziness is getting me exhausted on these boards, so I decided to go a bit off-topic. 

How awesome is the new Tonight Show?!  Conan is the man! CIRCLES CIRCLES hahaha!!!
ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By ez123

Didn't get to watch it yesterday but he was probably awesome.  Hey, I just remembered Hulu.

Hughes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Hughes

I loved last night's premiere.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud

I'm a big Conan fan and was happy to see him sticking to his guns humor wise.  It'll be really interesting to see how the show goes once he settles in, but last night was good.  Andy was funny (hopefully he's in  the show a little more once it gets going) and Ferrell killed.  Haven't seen him that funny in a long time, but he always brings it on Conan's show.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By teptom

Last night was so great. The whole tour part and him running across America in 20 minutes were perfect.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By kraznor

Solid premiere, glad Conan has the better time slot now as I'll be able to watch it more often.

JakJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JakJ

Weird timing, I was just about to go to Hulu after one last scan of Off-Topic. Looking forward to it, but it is such a bummer they left Joel in NYC. That man was creepy with a capital K. In a good way, of course.

So, uh, here I go off to Hulu.... see you in an hour GB!

Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud
@JakJ said:
" Weird timing, I was just about to go to Hulu after one last scan of Off-Topic. Looking forward to it, but it is such a bummer they left Joel in NYC. That man was creepy with a capital K. In a good way, of course.So, uh, here I go off to Hulu.... see you in an hour GB! "
Ah great call on Joel.  I have to imagine Joel didn't want to move?  He was such a great part of the show.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It was pretty good. Glad to see he's not changing too much. Seems like the same show more or less, just more money put into the stage, which is very very very bright lol. Seriously, they gotta dumb it down a little bit, so many vivid colors!

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TwoOneFive

its too bad Jay Leno went and moved down a slot. Hopefully local stations get fed up and just broadcast over it. 

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By m1k3

cant believe i missed it. i love conan

Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TwoOneFive said:
" its too bad Jay Leno went and moved down a slot. Hopefully local stations get fed up and just broadcast over it.  "
It is pretty crazy to bump out the local news that way.  I read some station said they wouldn't air it but NBC went apeshit and quelled it quickly.  For NBC corporate it makes sense, since it's a cheap show and love him or hate him Leno gets ratings and will probably continue to do so.

Everyone should also check out this article from the NY Times on Conan's move.  It was pretty interesting and covered some of the behind the scenes stuff, like the politics behind the Leno move (where I read about that mess with a local station and Leno).

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

I enjoyed it for the most part.

Unfortunately I somehow new that Ferill will be the guest, and, predictably, he kind of sucked. I just don't really find him that funny anymore, and his new movie looks trash (not like trash, it is trash).

The whole tour bit was hilarious though "*bridge collapses* 'WHYY! WHY!'" lmao

redgauss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By redgauss

Conando.

JakJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JakJ

Just finished it up, and all I have to say is Circle! Circle! Circle!

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By pweidman
@Kraznor said:
"Solid premiere, glad Conan has the better time slot now as I'll be able to watch it more often. "

Missed it but I've always enjoyed Conan.  I'll try to check it out now that I'm all about the vaca(and can stay up late enough)!
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By JJOR64

Loved Will on the show.

joey2683

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By joey2683

Yeah, the show was great. I'm watching the Man Vs Wild with Will Ferral. It's great! Tom Hanks is on the Tonight Show....tonight. Tom is usually great on Conan.

Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

Pearl Jam was on, so it was awesome. 

MrPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MrPerfect

Unfortunately I missed most of his first show, the only part I caught of it was the performance by Pearl Jam. 

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jolly_Lolly
@MrPerfect said:
" Unfortunately I missed most of his first show, the only part I caught of it was the performance by Pearl Jam.  "
hulu.com has the entire episode up.
MrPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MrPerfect
@Jolly_Lolly said:
"
@MrPerfect said:
" Unfortunately I missed most of his first show, the only part I caught of it was the performance by Pearl Jam.  "
hulu.com has the entire episode up. "
I will have to go check it out. 
dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#23  Edited By dethfish

I just watched it on Hulu. It was great, just as funny as ever but with a bigger budget.

Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

funny man

Cynical_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Cynical_M

Last night was great...Although I'm bummed that he had to leave New York.....

Wildfire570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26  Edited By Wildfire570

I have yet to see The Tonight Show with Conan but I sure plan to!

Although my family doesn't think he's funny at all but they don't know humor that much anyway.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By Phished0ne

Conan's shows have continually been one of the only shows i bothered to watch online besides The Office, Red Dwarf, and Quite Interesting. I must say, The Tonight Show, if it keeps up at this pace, will be amazing!

skywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By skywing

yea its pretty enjoyable

i'm looking forward to see what jay's show is gonna be like.
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Norm MacDonald did not disappoint the other night.  He's always great, this time he was going back and forth with Andy and it was great stuff.  Check it out online if you missed it.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#30  Edited By oldschool

I just don't find Conan funny, so I have no interest on watching it.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TwoOneFive
@oldschool said:
" I just don't find Conan funny, so I have no interest on watching it. "
you have zero sense of humor if you don't think he is funny, or any aspect of his show funny. 
How could someone not laugh when Conan is doing stunt choreography live and gets kicked through a window?
@Stephen_Von_Cloud said: 
" Norm MacDonald did not disappoint the other night.  He's always great, this time he was going back and forth with Andy and it was great stuff.  Check it out online if you missed it. "
I couldn't agree more, Norm was always my favorite guest on his show, he's such a fuckin pro, he nearly puts me in tears. I dunno what it is, he doesnt tell great jokes, its just the fact that he tells them and the way he delivers them. ugh. here check out this amazing clip from like 15 years ago on Late Night, if you haven't seen it before watch the ENTIRE video!!:

If you can find the first part of this where its just norm as the guest, its fucking just as hilarious, he goes on about crack whores and shit like that.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By oldschool
@TwoOneFive said:
"@oldschool said: 
you have zero sense of humor if you don't think he is funny, or any aspect of his show funny. 
How could someone not laugh when Conan is doing stunt choreography live and gets kicked through a window?"
Big statement.  He is anything but funny to me.  I would rather watch John Stewart or Stephan Colbert any day.  Comedy is a personal thing.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TwoOneFive
@oldschool said:
"
@TwoOneFive said:
"@oldschool said: 
How could someone not laugh when Conan is doing stunt choreography live and gets kicked through a window?"
Big statement.  He is anything but funny to me.  I would rather watch John Stewart or Stephan Colbert any day.  Comedy is a personal thing.
"
yeah I bet they would never associate themselves with Conan....Oh wait. 
Also, 
Conan wrote on the Simpsons for years as well as SNL and other stuff. How can you watch the video I posted above and not laugh?!!?!?! His show is hilarious and so is he. 
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By oldschool

He can write funny stuff.  He just isn't funny as a performer.  I tried watching him based on his Simpsons episode, but a show when I have to record a show so I can skip the unfunny bits - which is everything but the guests, just isn't worth the effort.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TwoOneFive
@oldschool said:
" He can write funny stuff.  He just isn't funny as a performer.  I tried watching him based on his Simpsons episode, but a show when I have to record a show so I can skip the unfunny bits - which is everything but the guests, just isn't worth the effort. "
What about triumph the insult comic dog? The masterbating bear?!?! You'd have to be crazy not to think Conan was funny. If you don't laugh at any of this, you have no sense of humor!!! :

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By zombie2011

Conan is the man, however i don't like the fact Leno is one upping him and moving to 10pm. The whole point of having Conan on the tonight show is so he can be top dog, but it looks like Leno is stealing his thunder.

Jimmy Fallon is getting screwed too, i mean who wants to watch his show after Leno and Conan 3 hours of Late night in a row.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TwoOneFive
@zombie2011 said:
" Conan is the man, however i don't like the fact Leno is one upping him and moving to 10pm. The whole point of having Conan on the tonight show is so he can be top dog, but it looks like Leno is stealing his thunder.

Jimmy Fallon is getting screwed too, i mean who wants to watch his show after Leno and Conan 3 hours of Late night in a row.
"
I agree with you on Leno. He should do a different show, maybe like a big show on saturday night, to go against SNL?? or maybe a show much earlier in the day? And have it be more of a variety show. I haven't watched his new show yet though has it started yet?

But Jimmy Fallons show is....Well uh, the only thing i really love about it is The Roots. Fallon ain't funny, he is a terrible interviewer because he talks about him self way too much, and the bits he does are just bad. I know people always say this about new hosts, but i really don't think he will last- or if he does, i doubt I'll ever like it as much as I liked it when Conan did Late Night. 

Now. I like letterman most of the time, but I'm really hoping Craig Ferguson gets to host Late Show once Letterman decides to retire. His show is absolutely fantastic and he's super funny. A great interviewer too. Whenever Conan is over now, I turn on CBS. 
coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By coolarman
@oldschool said:
"
@TwoOneFive said:
"@oldschool said: 
"
I totally agree with oldschool Stewart, Colbert, Leno, and Letterman are the funniest while Conan all he does is laugh at what his fucking guests say. The only way Conan would be funny if he took lessons from one of the people i just mentioned AND i was drunk 
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By oldschool
@coolarman said:
" @oldschool said:
"
@TwoOneFive said:
"@oldschool said: 
"
I totally agree with oldschool Stewart, Colbert, Leno, and Letterman are the funniest while Conan all he does is laugh at what his fucking guests say. The only way Conan would be funny if he took lessons from one of the people i just mentioned AND i was drunk 
"
You risk being flamed be saying that  :-)
coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By coolarman
@oldschool said:
" @coolarman said:
" @oldschool said:
"
@TwoOneFive said:
"@oldschool said: 
"
"
You risk being flamed be saying that  :-)
"
I don't care its a free country and i can say whatever i want
Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41  Edited By Bigandtasty

I'm not a big fan of Conan's monologues (for the past few years on Late Night it was always Kirstie Alley/Star Jones is fat, Larry King is old, Paris Hilton is easy, etc. Haven't gotten a chance to watch  him on Tonight Show that often yet) but I like how he interviews his guests; it feels more down-to-earth.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By matthew

TWITTER TRACKER TWITTER TRACKER TWITTER TRACKER TWITTER TRACKER TWITTER TRACKER TWITTER TRACKER!!!!!!!

TWEET OF THE WEEK!!!!!

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Wolverine

Conan O'Brien is very funny but I enjoy Jimmy Fallen's show a lot more.