This is the worst musical "performance" I have ever seen.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Isnt thet argeted audience like... 14 year old? why are you watching this?

You can't look away from a trainwreck?

Anyway, as a prude myself i felt grossed out by the whole thing. I can't recall the tastes when i was 14 (other than my own) but this isn't the worst thing ever, it's simply hilarious and wrong XD

(i'll admit the, drug references in Miley's song wouldn't have gone over my head at 14 either).

And am i the only black man that hates that stupid booty-shake thing? :P

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

her fans are getting older and she needs to re-invent her stage persona to keep making sales. No surprise. Really unfortunate costume tho

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Quite possibly the best gif to come out of this entire debacle

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Clearly the brother of Thor's melting-hot sexiness has fried the brain of Cyrus, causing her to do this stuff

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By JouselDelka
@sagalla said:
Loading Video...

Thank you for this, you made my evening, I never realized she had such potential and ability. This sounds so good!

Still think she stinks as a pop culture personality, but that song is going into my iTunes.

AngriGhandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Miley Cyrus' new hairdo was pretty hot when I first saw it a year ago.

I interpreted the weirdness of the change as a conscious effort to reject expectations, and assumed it meant that she was aiming to avoid being chewed up and shat out in the standard way by the exploitative and fickle tempers of the MTV/TMZ/internet-shitblog celebrity churn machine. To sidestep it all by doing something different. Like when Natalie Portman cut her hair short and went to college!

...This was probably not an accurate assessment.

RupertTheBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AWWW HELL NOOOO!!!!!
AWWW HELL NOOOO!!!!!

Also i kinda wish there was a reality tv show that follows the life of Will Smith and his family so we can see more of this.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

What does it matter? How is this any different than anything else some other Pop/Rock/Country/Rap star does up on stage? All I see is someone who has done everything else, looking over the landscape of music award shows and thinking, "Well...let's just do something crazy...why bother otherwise?"

All those frowns on those music celebrity faces were not "What is she doing" but rather, "Crap, now 'I' have to one up this on my next tour...damn it."

I say, "Good for you Miley, at least you are not boring."

KittyVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'M TOO SMART 4 THIS I'M GOING 2 GO WATCH ROBOT MUSIC DAT GO WUB WUB WUB DROP.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#111  Edited By 71Ranchero

Looks like a trailer park reenactment of a J-pop video.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

I care about my well-being.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Things that bothered me:

• Miley Cyrus tongue: She was whipping it out like it was suppose to be sexy or some shit. I'm now going through a medical diagnosis website to see if she might have some sort of un-diagnosed disorder.
  • Her affection for twerking: I remember this in high school nearly a decade ago how is this still a thing?
  • Ripping off Kanye West: Kanye did the teddy bear thing 10 years ago.

I can understand you want to distance yourself from Hannah Montana and Disney but wow... wow.

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Freshbandito

@lively said:

Some weird puritanism going on in here. I don't think anyone here would kick her out of bed, not that any of us will ever get the opportunity.

Sure, it's low-brow and deliberately shocking, but welcome to the last 25 years of pop music. It's hard to sell records without generating a little press and controversy, it's pretty much the standard operating procedure now.

I don't think anyone here is shocked or offended, we're just kinda...confused at how bad the whole thing is, so misguided and overall banarrnerrs.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

She can do as she wishes. It is quite the change from her past presentation but I don't think she is harming anyone with her actions.

Lively

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lively said:

Some weird puritanism going on in here. I don't think anyone here would kick her out of bed, not that any of us will ever get the opportunity.

Sure, it's low-brow and deliberately shocking, but welcome to the last 25 years of pop music. It's hard to sell records without generating a little press and controversy, it's pretty much the standard operating procedure now.

I don't think anyone here is shocked or offended, we're just kinda...confused at how bad the whole thing is, so misguided and overall banarrnerrs.

I don't know what people expected - they mostly sang in tune, certain parts were sexy, some were shocking, and everyone's talking about it. Records will be sold. Mission accomplished, right?

This is like a bunch of 30 year old men watching the latest Teen Wolf / Vampire Diaries episode, and harrumphing about how horrible it is. IT'S NOT MADE FOR YOU.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#117  Edited By dethfish

gross

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lmao, it was hilarious she's even making a troll face the entire time.

Master Troll, i want her and riff raff collabing asap.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

"Miley Cyrus wanna be a nigga so bad. Miley Cyrus swear she ratchet pussy."

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Freshbandito

@lively said:

@freshbandito said:

@lively said:

I don't know what people expected - they mostly sang in tune, certain parts were sexy, some were shocking, and everyone's talking about it. Records will be sold. Mission accomplished, right?

This is like a bunch of 30 year old men watching the latest Teen Wolf / Vampire Diaries episode, and harrumphing about how horrible it is. IT'S NOT MADE FOR YOU.

Sure it's not made for us, but therein lies a large chunk of why we don't get it. You can't look at us saying "I don't get it!" and respond by saying "you just don't get it grandpa!" well at least that's how I'm approaching it, maybe some other people here are getting more internet crusade / judgmental of the girl but ehh it's the internet where every forum poster acts as though they can do better / sleep with better / be funnier / post memes.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lmao, the fact people think she is serious is to much. Masterful trolling

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would agree if it werent for this

Loading Video...

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#123  Edited By GERALTITUDE

@taliciadragonsong said:

I have no love for her, but some of the comments here just...fuck, I feel bad about the human race now because of it. Stop it, seriously.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I didn't miss much by not watching.

No Caption Provided

lol at that logic. She isn't smart enough to troll like that.

Lively

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colourful_hippie: She's a pretty talented musician and singer, I wouldn't assume that she's dumb. The music award environment is a place where crazy behavior is encouraged, otherwise who would watch it?

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Aegon

@lively said:

@colourful_hippie: She's a pretty talented musician and singer, I wouldn't assume that she's dumb. The music award environment is a place where crazy behavior is encouraged, otherwise who would watch it?

People who like music and want to hear and see pleasing performances? Although I didn't watch the VMAs. I just caught this in my twitter feed.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lively said:

Talented to an extent, most of the fervor around her isn't from her actual "talent" and more so because of the business side of things promoting something that clearly grabs headlines. I didn't call her dumb or was implying she was dumb but I certainly think that the pressures of her environment and everything tied to that segment of the entertainment industry is making her act out like that for attention, I don't think she's "trolling" for one second.

Also more importantly, wtf happened to that Daft Punk performance that MTV was talking up because that was why DP supposedly had to cancel on Colbert? Viacom truly are a bunch of scumbags.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

AWWW HELL NOOOO!!!!!
AWWW HELL NOOOO!!!!!

Also i kinda wish there was a reality tv show that follows the life of Will Smith and his family so we can see more of this.

Like really, really see what's happening? You know the dudes a scientologist right.

Lively

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Lively

@colourful_hippie said:

@lively said:

Talented to an extent, most of the fervor around her isn't from her actual "talent" and more so because of the business side of things promoting something that clearly grabs headlines. I didn't call her dumb or was implying she was dumb but I certainly think that the pressures of her environment and everything tied to that segment of the entertainment industry is making her act out like that for attention, I don't think she's "trolling" for one second.

I just think these events are far more controlled than they appear; they want the appearance of anarchy, but there are rehearsals, choreographers, costume designers, producers, and the whole nine yards working behind the scene to make the final event what it ends up being. As such, I don't think "acting out" is the right description. It's such a cliché at this point that every former pop-princess Disney channel star starts actively sexing up their image once they're older that it would only be a surprise if that didn't happen. If the star can have a little enthusiastic fun on stage in the process, more power to her.

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She got what she wanted, today she's not sitting around thinking about the negative reaction's, to Miley this is all positive. That peformance gave her attention, she was the number one topic on twitter, thats all she cares about. I think she did a shit job, and is useless, she think's she's the shit.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I didn't miss much by not watching.

@oursin_360 said:

No Caption Provided

lol at that logic. She isn't smart enough to troll like that.

Lil b, Riff raff, white girl mob aren't really that bright either. Trolling is an artform, not a science project..

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By gokaired

@aegon said:

@lively said:

People who like music and want to hear and see pleasing performances? Although I didn't watch the VMAs. I just caught this in my twitter feed.

You win the internet!

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By TyCobb
Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lively said:

@freshbandito said:

@lively said:

But that's the thing, none of it was shocking. None of it was outrageous or crazy or 'oh my god how could she??' it was just dumb. You can make as many claims as you want that we're a bunch of old men who 'just don't get it, man' but it was just lame. Yeah got a lot of people talking and probably will sell some albums so I guess mission accomplished, but I can guarantee the reaction she was going for wasn't a great big confused shrug.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By TyCobb
Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#138  Edited By Hunter5024

Way to wear the symbolism on your sleeve Miley. Walking out of a teddy bear and dancing like a stripper? Jesus. I think the biggest failing of this performance is that she's really trying to capitalize on sex appeal and sadly she doesn't have any. Is there anybody in the world who thinks that's a good haircut? I suppose it's kind of shallow to call her unattractive, but when the performance is so blatantly sexual she doesn't give me much else to criticize. I feel kind of bad for her though, it's pretty common for child stars to grow into incredibly strange adults.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By abendlaender

Well, let's be honest now: The peformance did what it probably intended to do. It got people talking. To do that you either have to do a great performance (which is hard to do) or....that.

Provocation is still the simplest way to get attention and it worked, right?

theanticitizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice try Miley but I'll stick to Björk for my weird, insanely dressed female artist.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's less that she was shocking and more that she looked like a hot mess.

Gaga can do shocking. Miley can't.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had forgotten she existed, thanks for reminding me. It's good to know she's not dead; and if she happens to be spending her time with the living doing something she likes (that in the grand scheme of things, is probably harmless) then good for her. Now I'll go back to not knowing who she is.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By abendlaender
mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel bad for Billy Ray Cyrus

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahem. Allow me to enter Stupid Internet Nerd mode for a second:

DIS IS WHY I ONLY LISTEN TO REEL MUZIK 4 SMRT PPL LIKE LED ZEPPIN

Also forgot to add:

MUZIC DIED TEN YEARS AGO, EVERTHIN TODAY IS BAD

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#148  Edited By GreggD

@aegon I can't help but to laugh at Will Smith's kid. His facial expression is like the every time I've seen a picture of him.

Like Hello?
Like Hello?

Having been outside the mainstream grid(No radio other than podcasts without music and no TV) I can't say I've missed much musically. Terrible performance overall.

No Caption Provided

Oh, you mean this face?

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Aegon

@random45 said:

@kentonclay said:

Ahem. Allow me to enter Stupid Internet Nerd mode for a second:

DIS IS WHY I ONLY LISTEN TO REEL MUZIK 4 SMRT PPL LIKE LED ZEPPIN

Also forgot to add:

MUZIC DIED TEN YEARS AGO, EVERTHIN TODAY IS BAD

Opinion time: It didn't die, but it's become significantly diminished. And I only listen to Michael Jackson and Daft Punk, thank you very much (not really but pretty much).

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the worst musical "performance" I've ever seen.

Loading Video...