Today's Youth Scare Me

FluxCapacitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FluxCapacitor

So, while I was browsing through the live streams of random games over at justin.tv

http://www.justin.tv/directory/gaming

(word of advice, avoid the Halo 3 casts unless you want to hear 13 year olds being idiots) when, for the first time, I decided to click on the social tab at the top of the page.

http://www.justin.tv/directory/social

I burst out laughing. Lo and behold, the entire front page is filled with webcams of teenage aged girls sitting in their room, chatting away on the keyboard, doing nothing at all. I watched one for about 10 minutes, and it consisted entirely of a girl saying I'm bored and lipsyncing to random songs.  So, I check back later that day and the same people are there! They spent the entire day in front of a webcam, doing nothing at all.

I check back later in the week, and the same people are still broadcasting. The most amazing part to me is that some of these "broadcasts" have over 500 viewers.

At the time of writing this broadcast had over 850 viewers (though it seems to be down now, it is the most popular show by far when it's on), consistenly through many hours. Here are a couple more:

http://www.justin.tv/crstaldate
http://www.justin.tv/bryanna46

To all of this, there's only one thing I can say: WHAT THE FUCK? Seriously, I don't mean to be all "get off my lawn-like" but wtf is up with this. People used to tell me 'get a life' because I played videogames, even though I did more with my life than they did (boxing, basketball, hell, even math) but it's these kids who need a life. They should be outside, doing things, learning, doing something. And WHY ARE PEOPLE WATCHING THIS CRAP?

Seriously Giant Bomb,
what the hell?

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ahriman22

Because people have no lives and are too stupid to decide to just fap all day. Fuckin' kids.

Win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Win

That's wierd and depressing at the same time.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HandsomeDead

That's life.

harrisonave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By harrisonave

Anything is possible, when you have boobies ... or could potentially have boobies, whatever the case may be.

baba2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By baba2

It's the sad reality that when kids are bored then turn to the internet now, instead of going out and having fun.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CL60

No lives.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Black_Rose
@HandsomeDead said:
" That's life. "
No. Life is learning new things, Metting new people and those types of shit...this is the contrary of that.
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Girls just want to have fun?

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_A_Drain

See, now i'm not one to judge (ok, figure of speech, I judge people left and right) but what strikes me most is that the kind of freaks sat on there bebo/myspace/what-the-fuck-ever social pages sitting in front of a webcame or watching someone sat in front of a webcam are the same freaks who tell us to get lives because we play videogames.

As if gaining what amount to little more than imaginary friends, in droves, somehow makes you a better person than someone who chooses to spend their free time enjoying themselves with videogames.

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Commando

Haha that "bryanna" one you posted got suspended already.

But I clicked the second one from the bottom, and all it is is her watching TV. Weird.

The real question's not "who would broadcast that". It's "who the fuck would watch that!?".
Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Verdugo

Sad but true.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Jayge_

I wouldn't exactly classify the watchers of these broadcasts as youth, most of them are in their early 20s or higher and obsessed with coercing teenage girls into showing their breasts on the webcam so they can pass around a few .flv files of it to their jailbait-loving e-buddies and grow their epeens.

natsumesosexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By natsumesosexy

It's sad, in a way, but I also think idle youth have been around long before the internet.  Our dull-eyed fixation on the trifling personal updates of strangers might be more of a web-related phenomenon, but even then, it's not youth-exclusive.  Just look at all the adults with Twitter accounts.  David Gregory's just as guilty for letting us know he ate a bagel as is the teenage girl lip-synching "Halo" by Beyoncé.

E_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By E_rock

Just clicked through all of them, a british asian girl talking about people "pervin" on her in the chat (...wtf did you think was gonna happen); a girl watching tv (...wtf); and some douche that already got suspended for whatever dumb shit she put up there...  Overall, you sir, are correct Flux.

This is exactly why my kids are not getting webcams.

Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Keyser_Soze
@HandsomeDead said:
" That's life. "
"That's what all the people say, you're riding high in April, shot down in may"
nvmfst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By nvmfst

Yeah, man. Kids now-a-days are freaks. Lots of them whiners, want everything they see and cry about it when they don't get it, and sit around and do nothing. What scares me the most is the folks who love High School Musical and Zac Efron.

Back in my day.... *Waves cane around*

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Who doesn't want to stalk a teenage girl!!$11
In all seriousness, I never knew there were actual people who do this.
This is some fucked up shit.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By crunchUK

Yet you OP, are one of those sad sad people posting on giantbomb :O

Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I wouldn't like for my kids to do it either, but who am I to say what is the right or wrong way to spend your time?  I get pretty pissed when someone says I'm wasting my life because I spend my free time playing video games instead of playing football or reading a book.  Fuck that.  I exercise enough to stay in great health and I hardly need to read regularly to improve my literary skills.  Nobody should have the high and mighty mentality that they know the "correct" way to live by saying "get a life."  If you think these people are wasting their time, then let them waste their fucking time.  I assure you that you'll be just fine wasting your own time without judging them.

I think it is more important to be worried about how shitty kids treat other people (specifically, their peers).  Forget about what they do on their own.  Hell, that doesn't even need to be limited to adolescents.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By Snail

OOGA BOOGA BOOGA!

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By Pie
@Commando said:
" Haha that "bryanna" one you posted got suspended already.

But I clicked the second one from the bottom, and all it is is her watching TV. Weird.

The real question's not "who would broadcast that". It's "who the fuck would watch that!?".
"
And it still is...........
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Wolverine
@Artemis_D said:
" Anything is possible, when you have boobies ... or could potentially have boobies, whatever the case may be. "
Agreed, if these were guys no one would watch the videos.
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By Red12b
@FluxCapacitor:

First thing first, You have the name FluxCapacitor, No amount of awesome can describe this.

2nd Yeah it's sad that there are chat rooms/Web Cam rooms, around the world where people are just sitting there doing nothing, what’s sadder is that there are actual people who PAY for the I dunno pleasure. Now shit like this scares me.

the way I live my life is that. You are free to do whatever the fuck you want to do as long as it does not infringe on another’s right.

So while we can criticize and wonder how lonely an existence these poor souls must have it is there right to be very disturbing.

What I am worried about though is the people who get rounded up and are pimped out for the sex show type ones, as you cant be sure if there are of their own free will.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By angelkanarias

I can't seriously respond to your question, I am impressed.