Too Familiar

mandeponium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By mandeponium

I don't know what to say. Perhaps writing about it will help me mentally sort things out.

It's thanksgiving break and I had been away at college this fall. This is the first time I've come home since the start of term. At first I was really looking forward to it but within an hour things had returned to the same old bullshit. Everything was too familiar. It was as if I had never left. I wanted to come home and things be different but almost immediately a conflict arose between me and my parents. Why do they stress me out so much? Why does my hometown feel so suffocating?

The next part I've already done a lot of thinking about and am only going to run down the basics for future reference.

There's a girl named Mary that I kind of like. I think she likes me because she's always hugging and touching me. But I could never see myself being with her. She's just too different from me. I don't know whether to ignore these feelings or pursue this relationship. She's not thin and she's average looking. Why am I attracted to her? Dammit! Who's in charge here? The analytical side of me or my penis?

Then there's Kelly. She's really one of my best friends. She's kind, caring, fun, exciting. She's also incredibly beautiful. Girls like her are very rare indeed. Even other people agree she's one of a kind. I know we are great friends but I doubt she feels the way I feel about her. I've decided to not put pressure on this situation and simply enjoy her friendship.

I musn't lose her friendship in pursuing her love, for after all, friendship is love.

In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:6)

mandeponium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mandeponium

I don't know what to say. Perhaps writing about it will help me mentally sort things out.

It's thanksgiving break and I had been away at college this fall. This is the first time I've come home since the start of term. At first I was really looking forward to it but within an hour things had returned to the same old bullshit. Everything was too familiar. It was as if I had never left. I wanted to come home and things be different but almost immediately a conflict arose between me and my parents. Why do they stress me out so much? Why does my hometown feel so suffocating?

The next part I've already done a lot of thinking about and am only going to run down the basics for future reference.

There's a girl named Mary that I kind of like. I think she likes me because she's always hugging and touching me. But I could never see myself being with her. She's just too different from me. I don't know whether to ignore these feelings or pursue this relationship. She's not thin and she's average looking. Why am I attracted to her? Dammit! Who's in charge here? The analytical side of me or my penis?

Then there's Kelly. She's really one of my best friends. She's kind, caring, fun, exciting. She's also incredibly beautiful. Girls like her are very rare indeed. Even other people agree she's one of a kind. I know we are great friends but I doubt she feels the way I feel about her. I've decided to not put pressure on this situation and simply enjoy her friendship.

I musn't lose her friendship in pursuing her love, for after all, friendship is love.

In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:6)

mandeponium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mandeponium

I don't know why I posted this to the forums. This is mostly just so I can organize a few thoughts. You probably don't care about the unoriginal shit in my life anyway.

It's whatever.