• 184 results
Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Barrock

Someone's going to get a Meltzer Driver.

Superkick Party in here.

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't like wrestling at all. But it's fun to listen to the crew when they are enjoying themselves, so I'm cool with it.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@nictel said:

I can't believe wrestling is still around. It seems so nineties to me.

Wrestling has been around as a fake as shit sport since the first decade of the 1900s. 110 years abouts.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is partly Dan's fault as he can only communicate things in relation to wrestling. Previously it was just Jeff and only if someone asked him, "Jeff, what's going on in the world of wrestling?"

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@thehbk said:

@nictel said:

Wrestling has been around as a fake as shit sport since the first decade of the 1900s. 110 years abouts.

The more you know!

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I give zero shits about wrestling but I enjoy listening to the guys talk about it because I mostly come to this site for the personality and wrestling is a part of at least 4 members individual personality.

MudMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#57  Edited By MudMan

Yep.

Yep. Yep, all the wrestling sucks. I legitimately tune out whenever they start going for it. I never listened to the Power Bombcast, but lately I even stopped watching videos about wrestling games and so on. Part of it is me voting with my wallet, part of it is just not giving a crap.

The whole thing is so weird to me. I thought it was dumb when I was a kid, but as it made its mainstream comeback redefined as a "we all know what's up and discuss the real life details around the performances" thing it became even more unbearable. It's like someone being into South Park and then South Park getting so bad that the actual show is unwatchable unironically, so the entire fanbase sticks to it by talking about who's the lead storyboard artist for the next episode instead.

I think that's why I can't put up with it. When someone talks about something I'm not into but they are, it's normally great. I hear the guys learn about it as I do, come out of it interested. And even if I don't, it's fun to hear people discuss things they like. But with the wrestling talk? Man, even Dan's childlike, genuine passion for it can't make me endure it without fast forwarding.

Sorry, I don't normally rant this much. I guess, if I try to bring this back to being constructive, maybe keep making easily identifiable wrestling content and then tone down the wrestling talk in the gamey stuff? I get that people enjoy it, it's just... I think those of us that don't really can't muscle through it when it happens for an extended period of time.

spitz1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By spitz1000

Well, the site's about personality, now more than ever. Theres more wrestling content because theres more staff who care about wrestling now, simple as that.

Cant say I like the direction the site is going. With all the time they spend on wrestling and other random stuff, they couldve brought features like Endurance Run back. but hey, its not up to me.

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Hello no. Their wrestling talks have been some of the best content on the site for a while now.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#60  Edited By Humanity

The only thing I don't like about it, apart from Wrestling itself, is that it pulls me out of the conversation loops. I listen to the Bombcast because I like video games and I love to hear other people talk about video games. I also enjoy listening to Jeff and the guys talk about stuff from their personal life as well, or what fast foods they like and things of that nature - it's all in good fun and often hilarious. They're common day topics we can all more-or-less relate to and they flow into the games discussions naturally. Whenever wrestling is brought up at length I feel as if I'm ousted from the conversation, because I know nothing about it. All of a sudden they're talking about this guy and that guy and about the royal rumble or some event that led to something.. I'm no longer part of the conversation because I don't know who any of these people are or what the significance of the comment was.

Gaming isn't a super popular topic among adults and it's hard to find people that will discuss it at length and seriously at that. The Bombcast was awesome because it was one of these few places where I could hear other grown adults discuss one of my favorite mediums in official capacity. Now every once in a while I'm booted out of that conversation and have to patiently wait on the side while the wrestling talk dies down and I can rejoin it. Thats the only part I don't like about it.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Let's be honest here, there's very little wrestling talk that isn't related to a video game. There are slight references here and there, but that's 95% of the Bombcast: little references. The other 5% is Brad not knowing no one cares about Destiny but him and 10 other people who still admit its a bad game.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dekkadekkadekka said:

I want to hear more wrestling talk.

This just got me into wrestling. So I need more. I also need to know how to get premium podcasts on my iPhone.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@humanity said:

The only thing I don't like about it, apart from Wrestling itself, is that it pulls me out of the conversation loops. I listen to the Bombcast because I like video games and I love to hear other people talk about video games. I also enjoy listening to Jeff and the guys talk about stuff from their personal life as well, or what fast foods they like and things of that nature - it's all in good fun and often hilarious. They're common day topics we can all more-or-less relate to and they flow into the games discussions naturally. Whenever wrestling is brought up at length I feel as if I'm ousted from the conversation, because I know nothing about it. All of a sudden they're talking about this guy and that guy and about the royal rumble or some event that led to something.. I'm no longer part of the conversation because I don't know who any of these people are or what the significance of the comment was.

Gaming isn't a super popular topic among adults and it's hard to find people that will discuss it at length and seriously at that. The Bombcast was awesome because it was one of these few places where I could hear other grown adults discuss one of my favorite mediums in official capacity. Now every once in a while I'm booted out of that conversation and have to patiently wait on the side while the wrestling talk dies down and I can rejoin it. Thats the only part I don't like about it.

Easy fix

No Caption Provided

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Oh yes, I can see how an optional 2 hour, once-a-month-at-most podcast would be very offensive.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By BradBrains

@nictel said:

@thehbk said:

@nictel said:

The more you know!

it was more around the 1920 earlier 1930s when ed strangler lewis was so boring and his matches were so long they needed to do something to keep the crowds coming as his matches would go 4 plus hours of no action (he was a very defensive wrestler unlike gotch who was the biggest start before him)\

then lou thesz came in and changed the game and made wrestling the biggest thing in sports when the Television era started

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind the wrestling talk that much, especially when Jeff laments about still watching it, it's just Dan goes a bit overboard. There have been entire bombcasts where he barely contributes to any meaningful discussion and only perks up when wrestling and Metal Gear are mentioned or he is only able to relate to those things. I would guess at least half of the QL's he has been on with Jeff, if not most, he has mentioned something to do with wrestling. Imagine if Brad brought up Dota and Destiny as much as Dan brings up wrestling.

Whatever, if the wrestling talk here is too much, I suggest not following Dan on twitter. About 98% of his tweets are wrestling, Metal Gear, Skynyrd, Norm MacDonald, and insulting entire groups of people who like things he deems aren't for "cool guys".

kpaadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By kpaadet

I still have no idea why anyone over the age of fourteen would find wrestling appealing, but I do enjoy hearing Jeff and Dan talk about it.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblue: Let's be honest, insulting entire groups of people who likes things he deems aren't cool is the only thing Jeff does with his Twitter.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the flip side, not enough Dota.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@haruko said:

Me walking into this thread

No Caption Provided

Me walking into this thread:

No Caption Provided

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#72  Edited By spraynardtatum

Not my thing either. They can obviously do whatever the fuck they want and talk about it until they're blue in the face but the wrestling bits are my least favorite too. I tune the fuck out or skip forward. Maybe they could do more powerbomcasts or something so they can discuss it regularly for the fans of it.

SEGREGATION!!

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@humanity said:

You know the solution to this, come join us and watch wrestling. Join us. It's blisssssssssssss.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By BradBrains

really I think there is TOO MUCH video game talk on this site. what have you been playing is the most boring part of the bombcast.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Speaking of annoying bullshit, is it possible to hide the Staff Tweets from the front page? I don't need to know about whichever random bar they happen to find themselves in.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimbo said:

Speaking of annoying bullshit, is it possible to hide the Staff Tweets from the front page? I don't need to know about whichever random bar they happen to find themselves in.

You could use Adblock to hide the twitter div. But that's a premium member only function (non premium members should not use adblock). Also it surprises me how you get annoyed by it. It is halfway down the page shown in a total obscure manner. I literally never read them.

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By PrivodOtmenit

@nictel said:

@jimbo said:

(non premium members should not use adblock)

eyeroll

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@milkman said:

@poser said:

This thread should be locked.

No Caption Provided

I dont know any thing about wrestling...who the fuck are these guys and what the fuck is going on?

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nictel said:

@jimbo said:

(non premium members should not use adblock)

eyeroll

Thank you for taking the bait.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

This thread:

I'm sure I would probably feel the same if they were talking about Anime all of the time...

Fact is... the off topic wrestling discussion is pretty small unless your going into episodes of the Powerbomb cast expecting video game discussion. There might be an aside every once in a while but I never feel that they are ever getting into a deep discussion about wrestling during random times.

Avatar image for bicycle_repairman
Bicycle_Repairman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think most people make a fair point here for their reason pro/con. Personally the only time it really annoys me is that dan is like a wrestling savant. So no matter what game, argument, topic or event they are talking about he says: oh so its just like in (wrestling something). like all new information he receives must first go trough the wrestling filter before he can understand it. That can sometimes bother me, but its nothing more than a pet peeve.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sammo21: That's very true, but Jeff's twitter comes off as an old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn and cursing their "new fangled rap music".

...Which is probably what he does at home anyway.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: I really wanted to walk down the aisle at my wedding like this to "no chance in hell". My wife, the non-mark in this relationship, didn't think that it was as funny as I did.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

@sammo21 said:

@artisanbreads: I really wanted to walk down the aisle at my wedding like this to "no chance in hell". My wife, the non-mark in this relationship, didn't think that it was as funny as I did.

I wouldn't want to be Linda McMahon either.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rumour has it that when you subscribe now, you get a WWE championship belt and get to hang with Mick Foley for a day. Sounds like a good deal to me.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I'll only approve if it results in more time for Jeff to instruct the crew about how Rappin' Ron & Ant Diddley Dog's Bad-N-Fluenz is the greatest album ever to come out of the Bay Area.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#90  Edited By winsord

Boy, people sure do get defensive about their wrestling. Maybe if you're into it you don't notice, but Dan brings it up in almost every video/podcast he's in, even if it's usually just as a short referential quip, and admittedly I'm pretty tired of hearing about it too. I'm nowhere near close to being annoyed to the point of not watching/listening to things on the site (though obviously I don't listen to the Powerbombcast), but I do also wish there was less wrestling talk in non-wrestling related things. Again, I really don't think it's a plague on this site or anything that they do talk about it, and I certainly wouldn't want like a "NO WRESTLING OUTSIDE OF POWERBOMBCAST" rule, but that doesn't mean I'm not tired of hearing about it.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

Sorry but we run the show around here now. You don't have to love it but you better learn to accept it. Somebody too sweet me.

No Caption Provided

Loading Video...

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winsord: Most if not all of the posts in the thread have been Tongue in cheek. I don't think anyone is being defensive.

I do think the "too much wrestling talk" is way overstated. A comment does not a take over make.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

If I survived all the Dota shi-... stuff, then you can survive Jeff actually enjoying something other than pooping on stuff.

poser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#94  Edited By poser

@milkman said:

@poser said:

This thread should be locked.

No Caption Provided

I dont know any thing about wrestling...who the fuck are these guys and what the fuck is going on?

They are all pointing at his dick. But totally not like DX.

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By GValo

Every time I hear Dan say "Oh so this is like *insert random wrestling fact*.. ok then" and I start to get a little annoyed, I remember that I survived Brad's constant Dota-ing and I get over it. Until Jeff (jokingly) threatens to fire Dan over wrestling like he did Brad and dota, I don't care.

Nime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like wrestling, but I really don't care what they talk about for the most part. I have no issue just tuning out a bit when they talk about anything I don't like.

I do wish Dan would stop relating everything entirely unrelated to wrestling though. I get that it is his major cultural touchstone, but it's kind of off putting.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#97  Edited By winsord

@bradbrains said:

@winsord: Most if not all of the posts in the thread have been Tongue in cheek. I don't think anyone is being defensive.

I do think the "too much wrestling talk" is way overstated. A comment does not a take over make.

I probably should've written that in italics, I meant that in jest as a reference to all of the GIFs and jokes.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It was very rare I noticed it until Dan. I think wrestling is pretty lame, but I had my run with it as a kid (during the Attitude era). I don't like it, I think it comes up too often, but whatever. Dudes can talk about whatever they want.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who loves wrestling, I absolutely want wrestling talk to stick around. Don't know what to tell you other than skip a few minutes if it bothers you that much.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers