The narrator's hilarious.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By kingzetta

sadly I've already seen all those shows.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By NegativeCero

No thanks, I can't take anime seriously anymore and always find it funny to listen to. I used to love Toonami though, and even if this a fan project, it's pretty cool that it's back.

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By RTSlord
@xhavoc86 said:
While I agree the lineup needs a lot of work, I'm very happy its coming back, I grew up with Toonami's Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball, Ronin Warriors, Thunder Cats, Gundam, Tenchi Muyo, etc lol  Some new material is definitely needed and welcomed, but as long as they can mix it up, I'll be pleased!    And yeah, I'm sad that Tom's voice actor changed, but maybe they'll get Steve back when it actually starts.
This was the best toonami.  the only cool thing coming about neotoonami is Dragonball, but im only slightly excited for that, i can care less about everything else incluiding the stupid anime-ish powerpuff girls and the obviously older-looking x-men series
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By TheHBK

Who cares.  I have seen all of Dragonaball Z, thats all i need to have seen of it.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56  Edited By YI_Orange

Man, Toonami was good times. Was Samurai Jack on it at one point? If not then I actually have fonder memories of Midnight Sun and Rising Sun. Those had all the good anime. Toonami did introduce me to Morrowind and game reviews though...

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By GreggD

@Hailinel said:

@TooWalrus How was I supposed to pick that up from your comment? I grew up in the boonies of Wyoming where I was the only one I knew of that watched anime regularly. There were no crowds into Cowboy Bebop or Yugioh. A lack of statement regarding specifics of your experience says nothing to me and only suggests ignorance on your part. Don't like anime? Fine, but you might want to clarify your statements if you don't want to sound like, you know, a jerk.

Wow, what the fuck? Why are you even fighting about this? You made an assumption about his "assumption", without knowing his history. That's cool. But to berate him for not being specific and telling you exactly why you should let him have his opinion? That's just...mind bogglin'.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By Animasta

@Agent47 said:

@Laketown: DBZ,Rurouni Kenshin,Yu Yu Hakusho,Batman:The Fugin Animated Series.Far from horrible shows.Unless you got some estranged taste for the abnormal.And they are already have been showing DBZ:Kai for like the year on Nicktoons.

only good show you listed was batman, and I had forgotten that batman was on there, but the rest are terrible, DBZ especially! so terrible

Buie04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By Buie04

I would love to go through and watch all the DragonBall and DragonBall Z stuff, but that is a shit load of talking and just a little bit of action.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By Sayishere

Toonami was the shit back then. Im pretty sure i watched DBZ there, and then GT...(UGH).

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#61  Edited By papercut

I don't know man...

How does this even work if it doesn't have a channel? Web only seems pretty weeny.

k9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By k9

Toonami in some sense was a motivational speaker/philosophy teacher for a generation of kids with absentee parents. It was an amazing cartoon block package for it's time. And I think toonami promos like this still hold up to this day.

A boy has the right to dream...

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

This is just another anime streaming site.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

also, old anime > any cartoon on US tv

plop1920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By plop1920

Was anybody else upset when they changed Tom from the short little robot guy to Tom2/3/4? I remember being crushed as a kid for some reason lol

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#66  Edited By ZombiePie

Toonami is an artifact of the past and its return should mean nothing for dedicated anime fans. Who here is honestly going to sit down and watch censored dubs of anime when there are already legal streaming options which are superior to Toonami and don't require any waiting? The Cartoon Network's business model for airing anime on Toonami is just an archaic system that's just going to hold back the entire industry.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By donchipotle

@jkuc316said:

@VelvetLore04: Did I treat you like that? I hope not, because I was trying to state that I enjoyed it while not treating you badly. If I did, I apologize. I can't believe they're rereleasing that X-Men series. I used to watch it on CDs as a kid and I enjoyed it, but now it seems even more dated that Dragon Ball, although I still think that I would enjoy watching those(IF they release it on the CN here).

No, you didn't. I was just speaking from personal experience.

@dbz1995 said:

@VelvetLore04 said:

@jkuc316 said:

@VelvetLore04: I for one actually enjoyed Gurren Lagann, though that dubbing really sucks, removes Kamina's GARness effect

This is kinda what I mean. Everyone I talk to who is into anime treats me like some plague victim when I tell them I didn't like Gurren Lagann. But again, I don't like giant robots in any medium and Gurren Lagann did nothing to change my mind about it. Just not a show for me, I guess.

I can understand why people wouldn't like Gurren Lagann-for example, my brother hated Kamina, who basically made that anime for me. What kinda anime do you like?

I tend to go for the more dramatic shows. Sometimes I'll get way into a slice of life show or an action show that isn't named Naruto, Bleach, or One Piece. I stay far away from the shows like Lucky Star and any and all harem or ecchi shows. But mostly I go for the dramatic story telling stuff. Or sports. Or a combination of the dramatic and sports such as Cross Game or Major. But outside of ecchi and harem, I'm willing to give anything a shot.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless you are currently under 17, then Toonami is shit. CNX will always be the best Cartoon Network shoot-off. It was the fucking bomb.  

As were Cartoon Cartoons.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By iam3green

it just looks like a streaming site. 

o well on that. i was a bit excited until i saw that. i knew it was going to be shit from looking at it.  i didn't know that power puff girls were originally a japans anime. i always thought that it was original. the green girl was voice for tommy pickles from rugrats.

it looks like the only good shows are x-men and dragon ball Z.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70  Edited By Nux

Yey Toonami is back, boo all the shows that it's back with.

darkjester74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By darkjester74

Dude, what?

OK, that is not Tom's voice, so FAIL.  Also that narrator creeps me the hell out.

Guess I am in the minority, I actually thought Gurren Lagan was a decent show.

PPG-X: Gross. 

Old school X-Men: not as awesome as I remember it.  :-(

djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#73  Edited By djstyles92

<333333333333333333333333333333333 gurren lagann

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#74  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Yeah NeoToonami... I am going back to Aftermath and act like a dick on there.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

I love all these people who don't realize this is a fan project and don't remember that Toonami actually had a web based offshoot for like a year.

I'll watch this just to support them, hopefully it will get better as time goes on.

I remember when Williams Street used to make nice things, not anymore though.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Bestostero

i feel lied too... disappointment lol

blueaniman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By blueaniman93

So what exactly is this? I love the idea of a new toonami and I haven't watched an anime in a long time but they can't actually show any of these right?

Avatar image for makoto_mizuhara_sakamoto
Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blueaniman93: I think they stream it. I'm going to check it out later on tonight to figure out wtf they're doing. And nobody did promos like Toonami did back in the day. Like this one for Gundam Wing...   
FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#79  Edited By FLStyle

Toonami introduced me to Gundam Wing, and for that I'll always be grateful. But I'll probably pass on this.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#80  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

Loved Toonami back in the day. I'm sure a lot of young kids will love it.

B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#81  Edited By B0nd07

I don't know if it's been said yet (probably has), but no, Toonami is not coming back. Check the bottom of the page in the link in the OP:

"NeoToonami is a fan project and is in no way affiliated with Cartoon Network, Turner Broadcasting or Time Warner."

I loved Toonami as a kid, but, sad as it is, Toonami is dead, and will likely stay that way.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#82  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I don't care if this is real or not, but I want to watch PPGZ

Avatar image for makoto_mizuhara_sakamoto
Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FancySoapsMan said:
I don't care if this is real or not, but I want to watch PPGZ
I second that... now where'd I put the whiskey at?