Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By spudtastic

....Loser Champs they said you were,
    Your playoff hopes to end for sure.
     Now you're soaring, mighty fine,
     The cadet, sharp beaks, and brightened lime!

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

I honestly can't believe that they won.

danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By danimal_furry

Hahaha! I am no Seattle fan, but I kind of enjoyed seeing them win. Sometimes it is just fun to see the dog have his day.
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Skytylz

Yet they're still below .500.

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Pessh

Shame they're going to get raped by the Bears

Mr_Pips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mr_Pips

This whole season has been nothing but a bunch of loser teams somehow managing to win. Just look at the Jets / Colts game, Payton is about to throw it all away and get beat by the turd, dirty Sanchez.

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pessh
@Mr_Pips said:
" This whole season has been nothing but a bunch of loser teams somehow managing to win. Just look at the Jets / Colts game, Payton is about to throw it all away and get beat by the turd, dirty Sanchez. "
Except Baltimore =)
danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By danimal_furry
@Pessh said:
"Shame they're going to get raped by the Bears "

How do you keep bears out of your backyard? Put up goal posts. Hahahaha!
Juno500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Juno500

Me and my Dad were going fucking crazy during the Lynch TD run. So awesome.

jtmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By jtmosh

Under .500 teams shouldn't be in the playoffs. I don't care how the rules work.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Claude

I was just talking shit about Seattle yesterday. Eating a little crow today.

Mr_Pips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mr_Pips
@Claude said:
" I was just talking shit about Seattle yesterday. Eating a little crow today. "
No need for that. They're a shitty ass team. It's just that the Saints are even shittier apparently.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Claude
@Mr_Pips said:
" @Claude said:
" I was just talking shit about Seattle yesterday. Eating a little crow today. "
No need for that. They're a shitty ass team. It's just that the Saints are even shittier apparently. "
Good point, I've seen some shitty ass football all year. But my Panthers were on locally, so maybe I got spoiled.
dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By dethfish

You guys are just jealous!

spudtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By spudtastic
@danimal_furry: I'm a massive underdog fan. I've even rooted for NC State that way!
danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By danimal_furry
@spudtastic said:

" @danimal_furry: I'm a massive underdog fan. I've even rooted for NC State that way! "

Hahaha! We survive off of sympathy sometimes. :) 
I am a Panthers fan, so there was no way I was going to pull for the saints.
evildeadron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By evildeadron

the Seahawks are not 8-9, they are 7-9 in the regular season and 1-0 in the current playoff season 

sorry but your innaccuracy bugged me 

anyway, i'm glad the Saints and the Colts are out
pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pweidman

Tremendous game and win for the Seahawks.  And that run by Lynch was just incredible, especially the beastly stiffarm.  That'll be hard to match this postseason.
twhalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By twhalen

Wow, two Panthers fans in one thread; count me in as the third. I always enjoy seeing New Orleans get beat. But since I also like Peyton Manning, the second game today wasn't as enjoyable...

spudtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By spudtastic
@evildeadron: You'll notice next week in the playoff games then that they list their ~cumulative~ records at the start of the game . That's how Miami was famous in the old days for going 17-0. (14-0 regular season, and all the way thru the Super Bowl)
Avatar image for shadowknight508
ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By ShadowKnight508

Cheers to the Seahawks for taking it to the Saints and beating them 41-36 at Quest Field today. Good to see a major underdog (expected to lose) pull off the upset.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I'm glad they won, but they definitely need to work on that defense. They have the front and the back covered, but they leave guys open right in the middle.  

Although I will say, every time I've watched them, they've lost. Except for today. Maybe I'm not a bad omen after all.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HandsomeDead

After seeing their boring as hell game on monday, I was sure they were going to get destroyed. Guess not.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By BigBoss1911

They're  not getting past the bears.   Eagles game should be interesting tommarow .

Box3ru13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Box3ru13
@BigBoss1911 said:
" They're  not getting past the bears.   Eagles game should be interesting tommarow . "
Isn't this what everybody said about NO? Also the Onion had the best headline they've had in a while : New Orleans loses First Round Bye. 
Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Zella

Yeah Shithawks! Gonna go all the way and disgrace the NFL! Am seriously hoping they win as a Hawks fan. Lynch's run was pretty crazy.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By melcene

Count me as another Hawks fan, being a Seattle-ite and all.  

The game itself was amazing.  No matter what, people will give excuses as to why the Seahawks won.  Against LAST YEAR'S SUPERBOWL CHAMPS. 

One thing that has been great is how much of the NFC West has rallied behind Seattle, hoping Seattle will shove it up the league's ass on behalf of the division. 

As for people saying they're not getting past the Bears... they already have once this season, on the road no less.  Who says they can't do it again? 

@PrivateIronTFU said:

" I'm glad they won, but they definitely need to work on that defense. They have the front and the back covered, but they leave guys open right in the middle.   Although I will say, every time I've watched them, they've lost. Except for today. Maybe I'm not a bad omen after all. "

They play too much zone and not enough man to man.  That's gotten us in trouble a few times because plays were made that we shoulda been on top of.  They fixed that for part of the NO game, but then they went back to zone coverage.  I hope to see them play it a little different this coming weekend.
PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PrivateIronTFU
@melcene: Man, we have a lot of Seattle-ites here on Giant Bomb. I like this.
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By Karl_Boss

They're going all the way

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By melcene

Seahawks/Steelers rematch?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#31  Edited By Hailinel
@melcene said:
" Seahawks/Steelers rematch? "
And no Jerome Bettis love train for the media and league to ride this time, kthx.
melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By melcene
@Hailinel: Not to mention that one of the refs from that game finally came forward a couple months ago and said "yeah, we screwed up on some calls on that game."
Liono88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Liono88

Seahawks have a horrible away record all season and a good home record. Good luck on taking on the Bears @ home. The only way they will win is by constantly making Cutler make mistakes (which he is prone to doing).

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By melcene
@Liono88 said:
" Seahawks have a horrible away record all season and a good home record. Good luck on taking on the Bears @ home. The only way they will win is by constantly making Cutler make mistakes (which he is prone to doing). "
Again.  Seahawks have already beat the Bears at THEIR home this season.  Seahawks got six sacks on Cutler in that game. 

So.... what was that again?
Liono88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Liono88
@melcene:  Ok Seahags homer. I know they beat them that's why I said good luck, its hard to do twice it in one season. You'll find teams have a hard time re-beating teams in the playoffs that they handled in the regular season. I mean more power to them if they indeed do it again, but the odds are stacked against them. There is a reason why everybody has them as an underdog because they are NOT a great team. But as the NFL goes any given Sunday.....
Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hunkulese

No one cares unless you win the super bowl.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Good on the Seahawks.  As a fan of Cincinnati sports teams I love to root for the underdog so beat those filthy Bears. 

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TwoOneFive

hahahaha  

been sayng the saints are overrated all year long. 

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By melcene
@Liono88: Seahags homer?  I'm guessing that's some sorta term for fag?  Must be feeling a bit insecure about your poor Bears if you feel the need to call people names.  But FYI I'm not a fag, I'm a chick.  Nice try though.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Hailinel
@Liono88 said:
" @melcene:  Ok Seahags homer. I know they beat them that's why I said good luck, its hard to do twice it in one season. You'll find teams have a hard time re-beating teams in the playoffs that they handled in the regular season. I mean more power to them if they indeed do it again, but the odds are stacked against them. There is a reason why everybody has them as an underdog because they are NOT a great team. But as the NFL goes any given Sunday..... "
Why are the odds stacked against them, exactly?  Because you say they are?  The Seahawks already beat the Bears this season.
Liono88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Liono88
@melcene: First off  "Seahag" is the nickname of the Seahawks if your not a fan of theirs.  For example I hate the Raiders so to me they are the Chokeland Raiders. Its a nickname to make fun of the team nothing more, nothing less. Don't get your a-hole all sore about it I wasn't trying to offend anybody you just took it the wrong way. Second of all I hate the bears and more of all HATE Jay Cutler. So no I'm not feeling "insecure" because I'm not a fan, nice guess though. Your obviously a women....I wasn't trying to be witty. SO nice try.....

@Hailinel: According to Las Vagas the "Odds Makers" have the Bears as a minus 10. If you know anything about handicapping you'll know 10 points is a lot of points to give away. I know they beat the Bears as I have already previously stated on this forum topic. A 10 point handicap is the rate right now. In case you don't understand Las Vagas is saying the BEARS WILL WIN BY AT LEAST 10 POINTS. Those are the odds. I know the Bears have already lost to the Seahawks that is why i said "its hard to do twice it in one season. You'll find teams have a hard time re-beating teams in the playoffs that they handled in the regular season."

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Hailinel
@Liono88:  Because Vegas is always right.  Silly me.  Sure as hell didn't help the Saints at all.
melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By melcene
@Liono88: And "homer?"  I suppose now you'll say you weren't using that as a derogatory term.  I don't keep up with all the kids' lingo these days, so hey, I could be wrong.  But pretty sure I've heard that as the new "homo" line.  Meh, whatever.  Really don't care either way.

I'm no statistics major, but I'd imagine that your odds are better of beating a team if you've already beaten them once.  Of course it doesn't matter either way.  Even if we hadn't beat them earlier this year, people would still be saying "there's no way they'll get past the Bears."  Just like they said about NO.  Same with the Vegas stats and points spread... just like they said about NO.
Liono88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Liono88
@Hailinel: It's not that Vagas is always right. You asked me "WHY" the odds are stacked against them so I showed you. I wasn't trying to make a definitive answer I was simply trying to answer your question. In Vagas's eyes they are not favorite. I was just playing devils advocate. 

@melcene:
The statistics are pointing for a loss that is all I'm saying. I'm am not saying its going to happen, simply suggesting its more likely that it will. A "Homer" is someone who roots for their "Home" team and regards them in a higher manner than the team actually is.
skinnyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#45  Edited By skinnyman
@Liono88 said:
A 10 point handicap is the rate right now. In case you don't understand Las Vagas is saying the BEARS WILL WIN BY AT LEAST 10 POINTS.
Well, kinda. Not really though.

The Vegas spreads are set to get even betting action on both sides OR, in some cases, to give the oddsmakers the best chance of making money. For example, the odds on the Seattle-New Orleans game were NO -9.5 because people were betting New Orleans like crazy. Usually between two even teams, a home team will be favored by about 3 points. Thus, they were saying NO was almost 2 TDs better than Seattle. The oddsmakers knew this wasn't an accurate spread for a road team, in Qwest field no less. Still, about 80% of the betting public was taking the road team and giving almost 10 points. The result was that Vegas made a killing.

That said, I don't think Seattle will be able to win in Chicago next week. I'm calling it... Bears-Packers championship game!
GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By GoofyGoober

I can't believe they are in it. But good for em.

Avatar image for jackbauerctu225
JackBauerCTU225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By JackBauerCTU225

Congrats to all Seahawks fans! As a Saints fan all my life I am used to disappointment. But last year was incredible so I can die a happy sports fan witnessing LSU NC and Saints Superbowl V who would have ever thought the Saints would have ever made it or won a SB 

Good Luck to Seattle

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By melcene
Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Aus_azn

One of my friends is a diehard Seahawks fan. He walked into the office today decked out like he was Matt Hasselbeck and about to get onto the field. Luckily, nobody minded.