Wait... People like Mcdonalds more than Burger King!? When!?

• 141 results
FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By FreakAche

I think Canadian A&W is my preferred fast food choice, which apparently has a completely different menu from your American A&W, because they've been separate companies since the 70's.

Slurpelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Slurpelve

I prefer What-a-burger!!!

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By DoctorWelch

Yeah, I really can't understand how McDonalds is actually in business. I mean, I'm all for the occasional food that is terrible for you and gives you intense feelings of shame after you eat it, but I like that food to actually taste good while I'm eating it. None of their burgers would be approaching adequate, even if I ever actually received a burger that didn't look as though they had simply thrown the ingredients into the box from across the room. Then only thing that used to be worth buying there was the nuggets, and they just recently changed them to make them taste even more like ass.

Then, when you compare that to the food at places like BK and Wendys, where you actually get decent tasting food before your intense self loathing hits, I really don't understand why people would ever go to McDonalds.

arweldian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By arweldian

Having worked for McDonalds, and trust me that doesn't make you a fanboy, the food is better, fresher, isn't zapped in a microwave to warm the bun and melt the cheese, and cheaper. Only thing Burger King have better is the fries and that mostly is down to what shortening (oil) they use. From the UK though so mileage may vary.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By vaiz

McDoubles are delicious when it's 3 AM and you're stoned.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Jay444111

@Lunar_Aura said:

@Jay444111: Fast food isn't cheap. That's a myth. If you buy groceries weekly and cook your own food, you end up spending way less to eat healthier.

I keep hearing this... but almost all health food tastes like crap to me... unless there is a universal health food that IS healthy and doesn't taste like grass. I have been wanting to eat healthier... but when healthier means really crap tasting food I go and eat some top ramen instead...

Don't judge me when most health food tastes like grass man....

@Sbaitso said:

@Jay444111 said:

I have never taken LCD before.

Hilarious. Also, I prefer BurgerKing for the sole reason(s) that they A) carry buffalo hot sauce for fry goodness, and B) have a superior chicken sandwich, which is the only fast food sandwich I ever get anyways.

Why did I know I somehow fucked up on that one... Seriously... how did I mess that one up?

@MariachiMacabre said:

I laugh at the idea of fast food being cheap. The price of a meal at either McDonalds or BK will get you almost a weeks worth of good, healthy groceries from Wal-Mart. So now who was born with the silver spoon? And calling people who avoid fast food "rich jackasses" makes you look like an asshole.

Dude... a lot of health food can be really expensive depending where you live. If you live on a damn island nation. Be lucky to ever have a apple in your lifetime that isn't priced 25 bucks. I am just saying this as an example. I would love to eat healtier... but when most of the health food tastes like crap why should I keep on it?

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By Scrawnto

@FreakAche: I used to spend my summers in the town where A&W was founded, Lodi, California. It's pretty good, as I recall, though they don't have them here in the Midwest.

I may be reasonably well off now, but I grew up in a fairly poor household, so I've eaten a lot of fast food. My quick fast food burger hierarchy: In-N-Out > Five Guys > Wendy's > A&W > Sonic > McDonald's > Burger King

I can't comment on Carl's JR/Hardy's, since I haven't eaten there in over a decade.

I've been trying to eat more healthy foods these days, but I've found I can still stomach awful fast food just fine on the rare occasions that I eat it (though Pringles are apparently an exception. I ate some of those the other night and felt like garbage afterward.)

edit: To clarify, I spent summers in CA because my parents are divorced. My dad is in CA. My mom is in Oklahoma.

Edit the second: Forgot Sonic! Tater Tots and drink selection give them the edge on McD's.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By Vonocourt

I like the idea of having Burger King and Mcdonald's more than the actual act of eating them. I'd probably choose Mcdonald's over Burger King mostly because I know like three Mcdonald's around where I usually am and one Burger King.

They're both kind of terrible, but what to do at three AM and an hour drive from your house.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#59  Edited By ajamafalous

Whataburger > Burger King > Wendy's > McDonalds

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By Animasta

@Jay444111: even shitty food at the grocery store is better than fast food, so...

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#61  Edited By Hamst3r

Eat at your local burger places. They're probably awesome.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By Lemmycaution217

They are both equally disgusting.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Karl_Boss

Burger King's burgers are a lot better than McDonald's

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By rpgee

To me, McDonald's is most appropriately consumed at 2AM, when you are too tired to give a fuck. Any other time, you're alert enough to know it tastes terrible.

The Australian Burger King equivalent, on the other hand, is terrible no matter what, mostly because all the food tastes exactly of salt. This is a place named Hungry Jack's, mind you. I've only once been more dissatisfied with a burger.

Either way, try and avoid fast food if you can, kiddies. It's not so good for you. Go for a run and eat a homemade sandwich instead, you'll feel better for it. Eventually, anyway.

Moreau_MD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Moreau_MD

@Jay444111 said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Tylea002 said:

I can't hate anything from Harold and Kumar.

What about Harold or Kumar? They can function well as a group, but what about on their own?

@Jay444111 said:

Now though. I ate a burger at Burger King for the first time... holy shit. It was an orgasm in my mouth and everyone was on LCD at the time which made it better!

Also, what.

I meant the party in my mouth... you know... fuck it... I am editing that one out... even I know I fucked up majorly on that one. I have never taken LCD before. Trust me on that one.

I'm going to put the poor kid out of his misery- LSD mate, not LCD- and no, neither you or any of your friends have ever been anywhere near the stuff so stop trying to act like an internet tough guy. You're an impressionable, highly strung, 12 year old boy.

@Hunkulese said:

@Jay444111 I wish someone would shut off your Internet.

Nooo, don't do that, he'll be mainlining Samsung and Sony into his eyeballs by sundown!

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#66  Edited By Dagbiker

Five Guys is better then both places combined, mind you I hate all three.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea641329300b
deactivated-5ea641329300b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Harvey's and Wendy's are the only good fast food restaurants. Unfortunately for the rest of the world, Harvey's only operates in Canada.

thebatmobile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By thebatmobile

People like any of these crap restaurants? Eat real food instead.

EDIT: Oh, right. A lot of americans here.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By audiosnow

Burger King burgers look the most like actual burgers of any fast food place at which I've eaten, and they taste pretty good, too.

Although the most realistic (read: best tasting and least artificial) fast food burger I've eaten was from Carl's Jr/Hardee's.

The best burger in the world? Ono Char, a little place on Kauai, HI. Ask for the Local Boy. Swiss cheese, pineapple, and the best teriyaki sauce ever. I've tried unsuccessfully to replicate that sauce.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70  Edited By _Zombie_

They're both pretty much complete shit. Carl's Jr. all the way.

arweldian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By arweldian

@Animasta: So objectify that statement or stop your fucking whining. Ignoring the "soda" a fast food meal isn't at all different from a regular meal. If you don't enjoy meat or cheese or carbs then thats your own subjective affair. Its not rice and a stock cube but it never claimed to be.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#72  Edited By musubi

@Zacagawea said:

@Jay444111 said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Tylea002 said:

I can't hate anything from Harold and Kumar.

What about Harold or Kumar? They can function well as a group, but what about on their own?

@Jay444111 said:

Now though. I ate a burger at Burger King for the first time... holy shit. It was an orgasm in my mouth and everyone was on LCD at the time which made it better!

Also, what.

I meant the party in my mouth... you know... fuck it... I am editing that one out... even I know I fucked up majorly on that one. I have never taken LCD before. Trust me on that one.

I've never taken liquid crystal display before either.

Oh man. I can't. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By mnzy

But it's Olympic food!

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74  Edited By s10129107

I'm broke and i still don't eat fast food. I fail to see how fast food chains can top a good pizza place or chinese food joint.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#75  Edited By Atlas

In England, McDonalds make genuinely quite good burgers and tasty fries, whereas Burger King is a steaming pile of shit, so it always surprises me when Americans think it's the other way around. KFC is still the best fast food option, as a guilty pleasure every now and then. Didn't Jeff say on the last Bombcast that KFC is awful? Is that a view shared by many Americans?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#76  Edited By ShaggE

@thebatmobile said:

People like any of these crap restaurants? Eat real food instead.

EDIT: Oh, right. A lot of americans here.

People eat shit worldwide. We don't have the market cornered on fat people.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By kindgineer

@falserelic said:

But I actually like Mcdonalds more then Burger King. Did I just commit a sin?

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By mtcantor

@Atlas said:

In England, McDonalds make genuinely quite good burgers and tasty fries, whereas Burger King is a steaming pile of shit, so it always surprises me when Americans think it's the other way around. KFC is still the best fast food option, as a guilty pleasure every now and then. Didn't Jeff say on the last Bombcast that KFC is awful? Is that a view shared by many Americans?

Only because you haven't had good fried chicken. Gotta go to the American south for that.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#79  Edited By Little_Socrates

Neither is very good. I prefer McDonald's. My friends prefer Wendy's. Burger King is just kind of bad at everything.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#80  Edited By Atlas

Also, regarding the conversation on recent Bombcasts, making burgers at home is awesome. Get good quality meat patties, proper cheese (you Americans simply don't understand good cheese, of this I am convinced), and maybe some chilli or ketchup, and you've got a healthier but equally delicious burger. Hard to get oven chip/fries that are as good as fast food fries, though, although I still maintain that thick-cut restaurant fries are the best.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By myniceicelife

the only fast food place i go to anymore is arby's and that's just cause i like the chicken, bacon, swiss they have. when i went to other ones it was usually burger king or wendy's as i haven't been to mcdonalds in more than 8 years, because i didn't like their food anymore (never really did in the first place either).

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#82  Edited By SMTDante89

Was just reminded today on just how "hit or miss" McDonald's can be after my cousin offered to pick us up some food. Burgers were edible but I really would have preferred something else but I did enjoy their fries. I'd prefer Wendy's myself and BK every now and then.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By zeforgotten

Only go to McD for the watered down milkshakes but if a burger just happens to come with it then I'll eat it. Then I'll go eat some place nicer 2 minutes later when I'm hungry again. 

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#84  Edited By butano

Mickey D's breakfasts and their nuggets are the only reason I go there. $5.00 for 20 nuggets.

$5.00 FOR 20 NUGGETS!!!!!!!!!

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#85  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

I'd rather have Burger King over McDonald's, but pretty much any time I'm in the mood for fast food i just get Taco Bell.

Avatar image for thatindianguy7116
ThatIndianGuy7116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me, food is food. I've never understood why some people refuse to eat at certain places sometimes. I honestly think McDonalds is great. I also really dig Burger King. It think it all boils down to McDonalds being more popular.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By david3cm

MD > BK

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Ravenlight

@Cloudenvy said:

Both of them are gross.

True.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Firstly: I don't think you understand what the correct use of the word 'anymore' is

Secondly: McDonalds, at least in Australia, is vastly superior to Burger King. Burger King here, in fact, barely survives as a franchise, it is that low down the ladder.

Thirdly: Saying "hurr I'm poor" is a bullshit excuse to justify eating junk food. You can make something healthy to feed a family for the same amount of cash, provided you actually are willing to spend the time preparing a meal.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#90  Edited By Vinny_Says

@Atlas said:

Also, regarding the conversation on recent Bombcasts, making burgers at home is awesome. Get good quality meat patties, proper cheese (you Americans simply don't understand good cheese, of this I am convinced), and maybe some chilli or ketchup, and you've got a healthier but equally delicious burger. Hard to get oven chip/fries that are as good as fast food fries, though, although I still maintain that thick-cut restaurant fries are the best.

Well it's either knowing good cheeses or knowing good dental hygiene....they made their choice.

And making burgers on your own grill beats any fast food joint out there.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By SmilingPig

Cant imagine why?

No Caption Provided
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#92  Edited By Yummylee

KFC is all the fast-food I need.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#93  Edited By Danteveli

Oh no. People don't like the same crap you like. They must be crazy or/and stupid.

moffattron9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By moffattron9000

The closest Burger King to me has an arcade in it so it wins. Chips need more salt though.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Akyho

In Scotland McDonalds more liked. On a hot summers day you can look into a Burger king and see about 5 people. While McDonalds is packed....so we go to burger king on those days.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#96  Edited By pyromagnestir

I've always liked Burger King's burgers best, and Wendy's chicken sandwhiches best of the big 3. Chick Fil A and Jack in the Box are the realness, though. Too bad there aren't any of those places near me. Driving more than 10 minutes to a fast food place is just dumb, in my opinion.

All this being said, I've largely given up fast food altogether. Can't remember the last time I had any. And I haven't actually willingly purchased any for myself in a very long time.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Vodun

@Jay444111 said:

I know some one here will say all fast food is bad. Well... yeah, but some of us don't have the silver spoon that you have in your mouth. Some of us were born poor and have eaten very disgusting things that you wouldn't touch... you rich jackass.

You do realize that I eat a fuckload more cheaply than you when I cook my own food? Fast food isn't cheap, it's lazy.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Sackmanjones
@mtcantor

@Atlas said:

Only because you haven't had good fried chicken. Gotta go to the American south for that.

So true. I mean KFC for what it's worth is a decent stand in but it stands zero chance against genuine fried chicken. Delicious stuff
Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Ninja_Welshman
No Caption Provided
RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#100  Edited By RVonE

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

Firstly: I don't think you understand what the correct use of the word 'anymore' is Secondly: McDonalds, at least in Australia, is vastly superior to Burger King. Burger King here, in fact, barely survives as a franchise, it is that low down the ladder. Thirdly: Saying "hurr I'm poor" is a bullshit excuse to justify eating junk food. You can make something healthy to feed a family for the same amount of cash, provided you actually are willing to spend the time preparing a meal.

Well said.

Anyway, I eat at a fastfood place perhaps once a year and it's usually at McDonald's. Now that I think of it, it's probably been two years since I've been in such a place.