Weekend UPdate 02-19-12

Sniffulls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 13

Edited By Sniffulls

I feel as if I didn’t play games that much this week. I suppose I played an alright amount, but there’s no sense of accomplishment. The only game I made any large commitment in was KoA: Reckoning, but I don’t feel like I’m all that much closer to finishing it. Maybe that’s why I feel this way. Who knows?

No Caption Provided

I bought Alan Wake’s American Nightmare, which I only played through half of the story and haven’t even touched the arcade mode. It feels like the same game that the original was, but with more enemy variety and less story. I’d rather have more story, but more enemy types is a change I welcome. I was very excited when I started the game and the crisp FMV started. The original had some FMV with the TVs scattered throughout the world, but nothing as high quality as the videos in American Nightmare. I’m a fan of how even though the story mode only has three maps, Remedy explains why you’re going back to same places multiple times in a way that makes sense in the world of Alan Wake. Obviously, I would have liked to have seen more levels, but with the way Remedy handled it it doesn’t look like they were cost cutting, but merely working within the limits of their budget. I applaud Remedy for that. Hopefully, I’ll get around to finishing that this week.

Both Syndicate and Asura’s Wrath came out this week as well, but I don’t have the time or money to play them, unfortunately. I have a lot more interest in Asura’s Wrath, especially since I started hearing surprisingly good things about it. I really dig the over the top anime vibe I get from it. Who doesn't love swords that are longer that the diameter of the Earth? Syndicate looks pretty slick for a linear FPS as well. With luck, I’ll be able to check these games out later this year, if not next.

No Caption Provided

Generally, I play a lot of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and I played an okay amount. I actually played more Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition 2012, which is stupid long title. My friend and I were playing UMvC3 together and he was equating it to Chutes and Ladders. It’s fun, but it doesn’t really take that much technical prowess to be good at it. So I asked what game would be more like chess. That's how we started playing Street Fighter. He had been hesitant to play it for awhile, I’m not really sure why, but I’m glad he’s giving it a try. I started to work on my Zangief. I always liked the Russian grappler. There's something that's so satisfying about a command throw. It helps that he has two of the most badass costumes in the game: Mike Haggar and Robogief. After he left, I played some online ranked matches and won half of them. That might not sound good, but it gives me motivation to keep trying. Does Giantbomb have any SSFIV:AE2012 tournaments happening? If not, would anyone be interesting in fighting in one?

No Caption Provided

The last thing I want to talk about is the announcement that Jet Set Radio is coming to XBLA/PSN. One of my favorite games on the Dreamcast. I really hope the full soundtrack in the game. It’d be really weird if Guitar Vader’s “Magical Girl” isn’t one of the first things I hear. Can’t wait to play through it again. Is anyone else looking forward to this? Did you play it back in the day? Have you even heard of it? I’m curious, so please comment below.

Sniffulls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Sniffulls

I feel as if I didn’t play games that much this week. I suppose I played an alright amount, but there’s no sense of accomplishment. The only game I made any large commitment in was KoA: Reckoning, but I don’t feel like I’m all that much closer to finishing it. Maybe that’s why I feel this way. Who knows?

No Caption Provided

I bought Alan Wake’s American Nightmare, which I only played through half of the story and haven’t even touched the arcade mode. It feels like the same game that the original was, but with more enemy variety and less story. I’d rather have more story, but more enemy types is a change I welcome. I was very excited when I started the game and the crisp FMV started. The original had some FMV with the TVs scattered throughout the world, but nothing as high quality as the videos in American Nightmare. I’m a fan of how even though the story mode only has three maps, Remedy explains why you’re going back to same places multiple times in a way that makes sense in the world of Alan Wake. Obviously, I would have liked to have seen more levels, but with the way Remedy handled it it doesn’t look like they were cost cutting, but merely working within the limits of their budget. I applaud Remedy for that. Hopefully, I’ll get around to finishing that this week.

Both Syndicate and Asura’s Wrath came out this week as well, but I don’t have the time or money to play them, unfortunately. I have a lot more interest in Asura’s Wrath, especially since I started hearing surprisingly good things about it. I really dig the over the top anime vibe I get from it. Who doesn't love swords that are longer that the diameter of the Earth? Syndicate looks pretty slick for a linear FPS as well. With luck, I’ll be able to check these games out later this year, if not next.

No Caption Provided

Generally, I play a lot of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and I played an okay amount. I actually played more Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition 2012, which is stupid long title. My friend and I were playing UMvC3 together and he was equating it to Chutes and Ladders. It’s fun, but it doesn’t really take that much technical prowess to be good at it. So I asked what game would be more like chess. That's how we started playing Street Fighter. He had been hesitant to play it for awhile, I’m not really sure why, but I’m glad he’s giving it a try. I started to work on my Zangief. I always liked the Russian grappler. There's something that's so satisfying about a command throw. It helps that he has two of the most badass costumes in the game: Mike Haggar and Robogief. After he left, I played some online ranked matches and won half of them. That might not sound good, but it gives me motivation to keep trying. Does Giantbomb have any SSFIV:AE2012 tournaments happening? If not, would anyone be interesting in fighting in one?

No Caption Provided

The last thing I want to talk about is the announcement that Jet Set Radio is coming to XBLA/PSN. One of my favorite games on the Dreamcast. I really hope the full soundtrack in the game. It’d be really weird if Guitar Vader’s “Magical Girl” isn’t one of the first things I hear. Can’t wait to play through it again. Is anyone else looking forward to this? Did you play it back in the day? Have you even heard of it? I’m curious, so please comment below.