What are you planning on grabbing come Black Friday.

SlapHappyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SlapHappyJesus

I am planning on grabbing XCOM, Max Payne 3, Call of Juarez: The Cartel (it's supposed to have decent co-op and will be dirt cheap) and Dead Island:GOTY.

Too bad I am going to be spending many, many hours waiting on you people, being that I work retail at my local mall. Should be interesting.

Also, want to grab an Astro A50 headset and was wondering if anyone knew of any upcoming deals that would knock the price down a bit?

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By RazielCuts

@SlapHappyJesus said:

Too bad I am going to be spending many, many hours waiting on you people, being that I work retail at my local mall.

What do you mean 'you people'?

I myself am grabbing myself an African-American man by the name of Friday.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

I plan on grabbing some Z's.

@RazielCuts: Oh man, your comment made me laugh so hard I spurted out the coffee in my mouth all over my keyboard.

SlapHappyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SlapHappyJesus

@RazielCuts: You people - dirty, dirty consumers - out to ruin my Black Friday shopping with YOUR wants and YOUR needs.

I am people too.

Shitty people, but people.

Anyway, good luck with your people grabbing.

Is this a standalone, or are you completing a collection?

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LikeaSsur

I will be grabbing my controller, because it's the last day off before finals begin looming like the moon in Majora's Mask.

Also, I don't want to get trampled.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

You don't have to worry about me getting in your way. I'll be sitting at home checking Amazon.

Joker369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Joker369

I wait for the winter Steam sale to grab most of my games. I'll probably get a 360 slim though since my launch model is having a hard time reading discs and I need the built in wifi. For non-gaming stuff I'm looking in to getting a new camera(Canon T3i).

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By myke_tuna

@Chaser324 said:

You don't have to worry about me getting in your way. I'll be sitting at home checking Amazon.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Phatmac

Strangely enough I'm looking for a washing and drying machine for laundry. I'm also looking for a cheap 360 controller for my PC and a copy of Borderlands 2. I mostly just want my laundry task to be done easier.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bell_End

i hoping for half price ipads

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By ki11tank

amazon or steam if i get anything, i usually just buy whatever whenever. can't stand the sight of people making asses of themselves to save a couple bucks to get something they didn't really want that much let alone need.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kerned

@Bell_End: I'm hoping for gold doubloons to pour out of my ass. Best of luck to us both.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Samaritan

Forza Horizon for $15 at Walmart seems worth the trouble of dealing with the crowds.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Dishonored

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By VierasTalo

@Captain_Felafel said:

Forza Horizon for $15 at Walmart seems worth the trouble of dealing with the crowds.

This kind of makes me upset that there is no Black Friday in Finland.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@VierasTalo said:

@Captain_Felafel said:

As a Canadian, I feel the same way, at least here in Newfoundland.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ben_H
@Bucketdeth said:

@VierasTalo said:

@Captain_Felafel said:

As a Canadian, I feel the same way, at least here in Newfoundland.

You don't have Black Friday in Newfoundland? We do here in Saskatchewan. It just started showing up at some of the stores like 2 years ago and now everywhere has it. 

I am going to be keeping an eye on Tiger Direct, NCIX and Newegg, and hopefully am going to be getting a new CPU and motherboard for my computer since my Phenom II 965 is getting a little long in the tooth. I'm going to use my old processor to build a desktop for my dad to use by also using one of my old video cards. 

Either that or get a 3DS and a few games since I've been meaning to get one for a few months now.
j3ffro919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By j3ffro919

I'll check Amazon for Xcom, Sleepy Dogs, Arkham City maybe a few others. Not gonna wade into a store though, made that mistake a few years ago and I won't repeat it.

FrankieSpankie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FrankieSpankie

I'm not planning on buying anything, will have to see what's on sale.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Coafi

I'm thinking about getting Forza for $15, but I'm not sure if Need for Speed: Most Wanted which is on sale for $25 is better. I'm thinking about Max Payne ($15), there's also Red Dead Redemption GOTY ($15) but I already beat that one, but I haven't played the DLC. Which one of those is absolutely worth getting?

rynbeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By rynbeed

I'll be working the whole day... My store opens at midnight. Your welcome local shoppers.

Seesic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Seesic

I'd like some 3ds games to go on sale but I haven't seen any deals and I'll probably only shop online. Hopefully I'll see some

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#23  Edited By Rodent

Nothing...I'm from Canada and they think I'm slow eh?

preheatedbibby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By preheatedbibby

@Captain_Felafel: Thinking about this as well. Even though I don't know want to be there 8pm on Thursday though :\

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By DougQuaid

I'm hoping to get AC 3 on the cheap from Amazon.

Do you think it's too soon for Hitman Absolution to be priced down even on Black Friday?

JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JaredA

I'll be looking for a semi-decent TV for a reasonable price. Also thinking about grabbing a 3DS or Vita. As for games I want to get, I'm hoping to nab Asura's Wrath, Red Dead Redemption, and Sleeping Dogs. My Turtle Beach's are starting to break so I might try to pick up either a new set of X32'sor

JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JaredA

X42's.

Sorry for the double post. Stupid phone.

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

One or two PS3 controllers and maybe some 3DS games.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hosstile17

I am gonna try to scoop up some Wii games that I missed out on. I just picked up a Wii U and I am gonna take advantage of that.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30  Edited By crusader8463

Unless I see something really crazy nothing. I was going to need to buy a new TV as the one I have now kept having the menu pop up at random while it ran making playing games impossible as the menu is full screen and hides everything behind it. Then suddenly -knock on wood- it just stopped and the TV has not done it in some time. I'm sure once the sales have passed and my chance of getting one on the cheap has long since gone away it will break again.

As for games, I have all the systems and all the games I want. I was trying to sell my old 360 to upgrade it to an elite, but all the buyers kept fucking off and despite setting dates and time to meet up to buy it they were always a no show. So after the 5th time I just said fuck it. I only really wanted it for the built in wifi, so I'm not about to go spend $200 on a system that I might play maybe once or twice a year. If that.

The only two games I have been waiting for price drops on were Catherine and Disgaea 4 and I just found both of them for around $19.99 today so I scooped them up. Doubt they would get much cheaper during any sale. So not much in it for me. Ether way I will keep an eye open for something I can't think of, but looking through my backlog I already have all the games I always wanted to try but have been waiting to get a price drop on. So it will be interesting.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By crusader8463

@Rodent said:

What does that have to do with anything? Canadian stores are doing Black Fridays now. Most still suck compared to the US, but over the last few years we have started doing the same.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By wrecks

I'm Not Buying Into Your Corporate Cash Grab You Sons of Bitches!  

- I'm also kinda broke atm.

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Rodent

.@crusader8463 said:

@Rodent said:

What does that have to do with anything? Canadian stores are doing Black Fridays now. Most still suck compared to the US, but over the last few years we have started doing the same.

Oh are they? I knew they were getting into Cyber Monday stuff but I didn't think they had stepped up to the American BF deals. I figured they were still largely dependent on Boxing Day...

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By crusader8463

@Rodent said:

.@crusader8463 said:

@Rodent said:

Oh are they? I knew they were getting into Cyber Monday stuff but I didn't think they had stepped up to the American BF deals. I figured they were still largely dependent on Boxing Day...

Now we get all three days for sales. Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Boxing day. I know some people that work at Walmart and they said that they are getting ready and the bosses are arranging staff for all hands on deck for this Friday. Still no flyers saying what's on sale, but according to them Walmart at least is going to be having deals.

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Rodent

Sweet. Thanks for the heads up!

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ducksworth

I wish Amazon.ca would be better with their Vidya game sales. Ideally I would love to get the Ratchet & Clank HD w. Controller bundle or Little Big Planet 2 w. Controller bundle for a good price, other than that I'm keeping an eye out for 3DS games.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By Marz

i'll probably get dishonored, 25$ during an amazon lightning deal i think.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Scrawnto

I don't think I'll be heading into an actual store, but I'll be keeping my eye on the webs for a deal on a Vita.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TyCobb

Nothing in particular. My wife and I always just head to a store after a couple of hours of them being open to just browse and see what there is. Last year was nice because we went into a BestBuy after about an hour of it being open and I was able to get a 2nd Blu-Ray player from Samsung for like $90. Picked up like 20 $5 DVDs and few other things. Also Target is right next door so when that was done we walked next door and was able to get even more deals on DVDs and found some really nice cheap gifts for the kids in the family. I am hoping this year will be the same.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ben_H

A new CPU (and an aftermarket cooler) and motherboard, and possibly other stuff for my PC (A harddrive or two.. My trusty ol' Phenom II is getting a bit long in the tooth and is starting to struggle with games (Most noticeable was Borderlands 2). It's given me 3 years of use and I plan on using it in a desktop for my parents so it isn't like it is going to waste anyway.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#42  Edited By ajamafalous

I'm gonna try to grab a PS3 on Thursday night.