What horror movies would you reccomend for me to watch?

• 54 results
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Wolverine

The 6th Sense

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By teh_destroyer

The Evil Dead Trilogy is a real gem.plus Bruce Campbell=God.
I would also recommend 1408,The Orphanage,The Unborn,The Grudge,The Ring and The Mist are all pretty good horror movies. 

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By teh_destroyer
jakob187 said:
"OMG...where do I begin?!  There's oh so so so so so many.

Dood, seriously, I would NOT even try to list them all.  Here's what I can tell you:
  • Avoid The Ring and The Ring Two like the fucking Plague.  As a matter of fact, avoid any form of American remake from J-horror flicks.  Even then, avoid most of the original J-horror versions.  Mostly, they all suck balls and aren't really "horror", but more about "suspense".
  • Dario Argento's movies are gems.
  • Show respect to anything Romero does, because that motherfucker has some shit to say to you and the rest of the world.  His movies are both gory and more socially conscious than ANYTHING the Oscars give an award to.
  • Dead/Alive is your friend (check my profile for a small example).
  • Zombie Strippers is fucking sweet.
  • Respect the classics, like Freddy, Michael, Jason, Candyman, Pumpkinhead, and Pinhead...but don't live by them.  That turns you into a damn fanboy.
  • The FIRST Leprechaun is the only GOOD Leprechaun.
  • Avoid Troll 2 like the fucking Plague!!!
  • If it has Clive Barker's name attached to it, expect homo-erotic fantasies and/or a majority of BDSM fetishes...unless it's Midnight Meat Train.
  • "Saw" is NEVER an acceptable answer...ever...unless it's "I saw the first Saw in theaters, and it was alright...but only because it had Dread Pirate Roberts and Deets in it."
  • Takashi Miike may not do "horror" movies persay, but he still directed the God of splatter flicks (that would be Ichi The Killer).
  • Seriously, stay the fuck AWAY from The Grudge.  Bad.bad.bad.bad.bad.bad.bad.bad.bad movie.
  • If you really have to get into "gorno", stay away from Hostel and look for the Tartan Asia Extreme labels.  Bloody Reunion is a good one.

Also, your "essential zombie movies" are NOT essential zombie movies.  They are MAINSTREAM zombie movies.  Once you've seen White Zombie, Zombi 1 2 and 3, Reanimator, and the every-so-awesome "zombie movie" in Heavy Metal...THEN you have seen all the essentials.  = D

Good watching!!!
"
Gore doesn't make movies scary :|.
Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By auspiciousqueue

I love watching the Evil Dead series.