What I Got & Gave

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

Edited By DBoy

Hey people.  Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.  Mine was pretty good and relax.  My parents, one of my aunts, sister, brother-in-law and the kids came over for dinner last night.  Since I can't cook my way out of a paper bag, my mother did all of the cooking.  Don't worry, she enjoys doing so.  We had the traditional turkey dinner, with stuffing and some great pie for dessert.

However, I'm pretty sure you're wondering what I got for Christmas.  So, without further ado, here we go.

• A Philips Docking Entertainment System, which you can check out here.
  • A Philips 8200 Electric Razor, which you can check out here.
  • A wallet made of leather.
  • Some Giorgio Armanicologne and after-shave.
  • Two Tommy Hilfiger long-sleeve wool shirts.
  • The Dark Knight on Blu Ray.
  • A 1998 Michele Nivole Moscato White Wine bottle, which is reviewed here.

And here's what I gave to everybody.
  • A Wii (with Wii Sports), Mario Kart Wii and an extra Wii-Mote to my nephew Tristan.
  • A Lightning McQueen TV & DVD player for my nephew William, which you can check out here.
  • A 42" LG Flat-Panel Plasma HDTV for my father, which you can check out here.
  • $500 for my mother.
  • $100 for my sister.
  • The Dark Knight, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor & Iron Man on DVD for my brother-in-law.

In other news, I'm on (a small) vacation until the 30th.  Then, I work on the 31st and am off again until the January 5th.  Not too shabby.  Also, I will finally start playing Metal Gear Solid 4 today.  It's been winning Game of the Year awards everywhere lately, so I can't wait to check it out for myself.

Last but certainly not least, thank you all for your wonderful comments in yesterday's blog.  I had fun writing it and putting up all of those pictures for you.  Also, this was the first and last time that I do a Top 10 Favorite Games list.  I have no idea how I'll do things next year, but a list is out of the question.

See you guys later!
DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1  Edited By DBoy

Hey people.  Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.  Mine was pretty good and relax.  My parents, one of my aunts, sister, brother-in-law and the kids came over for dinner last night.  Since I can't cook my way out of a paper bag, my mother did all of the cooking.  Don't worry, she enjoys doing so.  We had the traditional turkey dinner, with stuffing and some great pie for dessert.

However, I'm pretty sure you're wondering what I got for Christmas.  So, without further ado, here we go.

• A Philips Docking Entertainment System, which you can check out here.
  • A Philips 8200 Electric Razor, which you can check out here.
  • A wallet made of leather.
  • Some Giorgio Armanicologne and after-shave.
  • Two Tommy Hilfiger long-sleeve wool shirts.
  • The Dark Knight on Blu Ray.
  • A 1998 Michele Nivole Moscato White Wine bottle, which is reviewed here.

And here's what I gave to everybody.
  • A Wii (with Wii Sports), Mario Kart Wii and an extra Wii-Mote to my nephew Tristan.
  • A Lightning McQueen TV & DVD player for my nephew William, which you can check out here.
  • A 42" LG Flat-Panel Plasma HDTV for my father, which you can check out here.
  • $500 for my mother.
  • $100 for my sister.
  • The Dark Knight, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor & Iron Man on DVD for my brother-in-law.

In other news, I'm on (a small) vacation until the 30th.  Then, I work on the 31st and am off again until the January 5th.  Not too shabby.  Also, I will finally start playing Metal Gear Solid 4 today.  It's been winning Game of the Year awards everywhere lately, so I can't wait to check it out for myself.

Last but certainly not least, thank you all for your wonderful comments in yesterday's blog.  I had fun writing it and putting up all of those pictures for you.  Also, this was the first and last time that I do a Top 10 Favorite Games list.  I have no idea how I'll do things next year, but a list is out of the question.

See you guys later!
Avatar image for deactivated-66389f20962dc
deactivated-66389f20962dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Yeah, you say no list now, but this is an entire year we're talking about, so we'll see...we'll see. Oh, and I bet your family was super excited about what you got them - I know I would be! And you got some great stuff as well!

Avatar image for deactivated-579a5a254c9a3
deactivated-579a5a254c9a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

wow, you were extremely generous this year. awesome. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

A wallet made of leather. I find the statement of the object's material to be quite comical for some reason.

Great list of giving-stuff by the way. But you should have not gotten a Plasma. Those things can burn your screen if left on too long. LCD FTW.

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By HazBazz

Heres what I gave (bear in mind I'm only 17, cant exactly afford to give Wiis and HDTVs to people)

• For my girlfriend: some perfume. She asked for a certain type, but when I asked for it in a shop, they said they stoped making that brand half a year ago. Typical
  • For my sister: A teddy figurine thing that she collects.
  • For my dad: A hat. He asked for a hat. Better than socks, I guess.
  • For my mum: A breadbin. I have a tradition of buying her something new for the kitchen every christmas. So now about £200 worth of our kitchen was bought by me.
  • For my mate Jack: £2 of the worst stuff I could find in a bargain shop. Me and my mates decided to find the cheapest, worst gifts we could this year, for a laugh, with a budget of £2.

What I recieved:
  • £1000 budget to spend on a car and insurance. I just passed my driving test. Go me.
  • Guitar Hero World Tour. Anyone who listens to the Bombcast, you may remember Ryan complaining about a squeaky strum bar. Well, I have the same problem. WD-40 didnt help.
  • Various moneys from family and friends, plus congratulations moneys for passing driving test. Got around £100 all together
  • New pair of trainers (or sneakers, I think Americans call them). They look a bit like this, make up you own mind on what to call them. My old ones let in water, not exactly what you want from a shoe
  • Too much chocolate.
  • Parker Pen. I'll lose it in a week.
  • Various gaming themed Tshirts and hoodies. I need to tell my family about SplitReason.com next year, they have the best gaming themed clothes.
  • And other stocking fillers, but cant be bothered to list them all. Some books, some other stuff. General stuff.
gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By gearhead

Holy Shit! You take giving presents to a whole new level. I spent $200 this year on my father, sister, and mother. I hope I continue, and become as generous as you are : )

stevieq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By stevieq

Very generous gifts. kudos.

fraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By fraser

Yeh, your generosity amazes me

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Claude

Maybe I'll see your nephew online with Mario Kart Wii... there's only about 9 million plus sold, so it shouldn't be hard to find him. I still play that game... and love it. I hope the rest of the year goes will for you, take care. I'm playing Dead Space, thanks Santa... now take that you aliens.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By RHCPfan24

Wow, you are a giving man as well as receiving one (please do not take that sentence the wrong way).

Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Quadrifoglio

Great presents, dude! Especially the ones you gave. You make me feel inadequate. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-a5c97f
deactivated-a5c97f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

You sir, are a very very generous person! Like I saw from yesterday's blog, it seems as though you had a great Christmas!

temperedvortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By temperedvortex

no list next year? oh well. Great gifts and great gifts that you gave to ppl! you know I think I may do a blog like this

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Player1

Wow Denis. You were seriously in the giving mood huh? 

I'm sure you made a lot of people happy. 
lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By lordofultima

Wow, I bought my Mom Burger King, and you give your Mom $500. What a large discrepancy between gifts.

Avatar image for lightwarrior179
lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17  Edited By lightwarrior179

Seems like you're a very generous person. Good to have a family man amongst us. 

And giving Wii to your nephew Tristan was a good idea. I am sure he will enjoy it more than you did . :P
darro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By darro

Glad that MGS 4 won GOTY since I feel its the right choice compared to GTA IV.  Once you play it, you'll understand why (well I hope you do).  I am sure the family were happy with their gifts and like people have said, you seemed to be in the generous mood, which is no bad thing of course in this time of year. :)

AndyWilliams24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By AndyWilliams24

MGS4 FTW! Glad to see you had a wonderful Christmas dude. :)

ElectricHaggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ElectricHaggis

WOW, you're generous with the gift giving, but I guess that's the point.  I hope you enjoy MGS4.