What is your favourite predatory creature and why?

• 55 results
Bill_Murray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Mine is the saltwater crocodile

No Caption Provided

Reasons:

• can reach a length of 20.7ft and weight of 3,000lb (6.3m and 1,360kg)
    • is the largest of all living reptiles
    • is an opportunistic hypercarnivorous apex ambush predator (an impressive resume)
    • has a bite force of 16,414 N (3,690 lbf) (highest of any living animal, 4x the required force to snap a human femur)
    • can swim at 15 to 18 mph (24 to 29 km/h)
    • can hang out in the ocean
    • of all crocodilians it has the highest tendency to treat humans as prey

Trivia:

• During the Japanese retreat in the Battle of Ramree Island on 19 February 1945, saltwater crocodiles may have been responsible for the deaths of over 400 Japanese soldiers. British soldiers encircled the swampland through which the Japanese were retreating, condemning the Japanese to a night in the mangroves, which were home to thousands of saltwater crocodiles. (Whether the crocodiles were the actual cause of death remains subject to speculation, but its a fun story)

Maybe once a list is established we can have a predator vs predator poll tournament for fun :D

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sharks have many sharp teeth and they can't swim backwards or go to sleep or they will die. They are alert 24/7 and they can also smell blood from 1000 miles away. btw sharks can see in the dark and can only be killed by other sharks. They can swim faster than every other fish and could kill 5 crocodiles at the same time. Also their teeth fall out and become stronger each time it's epic. Sharks can beat every land creature because they will drown and they will eat all sea creatures because they are the alpha predator - it's over close the thread. ps there are 100 types of sharks so there is a counter to everything you can think of.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Hawks. They have absolutely ridiculous vision, sick murderclaws and they CAN FUCKING FLY.

Bill_Murray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobbrobb: That's a great point. Flying predators are terrifying!

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Divorcees. Because giggity.

Bill_Murray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bill_Murray

@49th: While I agree that your argument is bullet proof, if creature fight club is a poll system, and therefore a popularity contest, sharks may lose out to divorcees.

ignatz27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cat

Tyrrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Babies. They hunt down and feast on your paycheck like nothing I've ever seen.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The woman

Avatar image for subliminalkitteh
SubliminalKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carl?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Bill Cosby. He was quite talented. It's a shame that he's probably also a monster that ruined many lives. :(

Loading Video...

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Tigers because they like tuna sandwiches and I also enjoy tuna sandwiches.

Proof:

No Caption Provided

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Sharks, because they are fucking majestic and beautiful and have been around for millions of years.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the mythical esquilax

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Killer Whales, because they are so fucking cool that they eat Great White Sharks and does so by bumbing into them and turning them on their belly, because they have learned it puts the sharks into a trance.

They have also been known to kill whales, even blue whales, when hunting in packs and does so by consistently preventing the whale from coming up to the surface and using it's blowhole, causing it to eventually drown.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By Jeust
Hello! I like hunting and travelling.
Hello! I like hunting and travelling.

lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmmm i love sharks, snakes, eagles (particularly the golden eagle, they can take down a freaking deer!) but i also love octopi. Anything that camouflages itself gets a 1 up over most animals in nature. gonna have to put my vote for season passes. those devs are ruthless and usually are never worth the price of shitty half assed map packs and skins. gives me goosebumps

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Cats. I'm laying next to one right now and he's pretty chill.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Great white shark because they're beautiful, sleek, and powerful.

edgaras1103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By edgaras1103
No Caption Provided

The wolf. I don't really know why, but I have been fascinated with them since I was a little kid. They look intelligent.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Killer Whales, because they are so fucking cool that they eat Great White Sharks and does so by bumbing into them and turning them on their belly, because they have learned it puts the sharks into a trance.

They have also been known to kill whales, even blue whales, when hunting in packs and does so by consistently preventing the whale from coming up to the surface and using it's blowhole, causing it to eventually drown.

From what you're saying Orcas are the wolfs of the sea and that sounds BADASS!

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By thomasnash

@monkeyman04 said:
@dragon_puncher said:

From what you're saying Orcas are the wolfs of the sea and that sounds BADASS!

I think that's true of pretty much all species of dolphin. They are very social and incredibly smart. Orcas in Antarctica use the waves they create when a group of them swim near the surface to upend ice floes and knock seals into the water to eat. Dolphins have been observed "carrying" dead companions along at the surface - potentially as a sort of mourning, or maybe dolphin CPR? Spinner dolphins engage and huge group sex sessions known as "wuzzles." For some reason dolphins appear to be massively racist towards Porpoises - they kill porpoise babies and have been known to rape female porpoises - although dolphin sex seems to be rape quite a lot of the time anyway.

So maybe they are unlike wolves in that I've never heard of wolves being absolute jerks?

PS I'm a cat fan, from small to big. I don't know that I can say a favourite but there's a lot of variety! I like Snow Leopards a lot because they are huge like tigers but their face is a lot more like a domestic cats. They also have absolutely enormous fluffy tails which they wrap around themselves to keep warm when they sleep. They also have absolutely enormous paws. They are a very cool mixture of adorably cute and huge, powerful and terrifying. Although size wise they are much smaller than a lot of tigers.
PS I'm a cat fan, from small to big. I don't know that I can say a favourite but there's a lot of variety! I like Snow Leopards a lot because they are huge like tigers but their face is a lot more like a domestic cats. They also have absolutely enormous fluffy tails which they wrap around themselves to keep warm when they sleep. They also have absolutely enormous paws. They are a very cool mixture of adorably cute and huge, powerful and terrifying. Although size wise they are much smaller than a lot of tigers.

Pallas cats are also pretty cool. They have crazy cheek beards and this guy is so fluffy he just looks fat which is pretty funny. They aren't particularly big - my domestic cat is probably about the size of one, although he is pretty big. They also have fluffy tails and they have very expressive faces. I'm afraid I don't really have any facts about them though.
Pallas cats are also pretty cool. They have crazy cheek beards and this guy is so fluffy he just looks fat which is pretty funny. They aren't particularly big - my domestic cat is probably about the size of one, although he is pretty big. They also have fluffy tails and they have very expressive faces. I'm afraid I don't really have any facts about them though.

I also quite like falcons. They are awesome hunters, but they have a look in flight that I find simultaneously awesome and hilarious. I think it is the shortness of his head, that makes him look very squat, almost seal like. But then also they are very sleek and fast. They look like bullets. This is a peregrine falcon.
I also quite like falcons. They are awesome hunters, but they have a look in flight that I find simultaneously awesome and hilarious. I think it is the shortness of his head, that makes him look very squat, almost seal like. But then also they are very sleek and fast. They look like bullets. This is a peregrine falcon.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

The adorable Stote

Because:

Loading Video...

456nto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bill Cosby. He was quite talented. It's a shame that he's probably also a monster that ruined many lives. :(

Loading Video...

This post made me laugh my fucking ass off.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Opening post stole my answer so fuck this thread. Saltwater crocodiles are bad ass.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By Ravelle

Harpy Eagles! They're majestic and terrying with talons bigger than a bear.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Look at those tree logs with knifes on them!
Look at those tree logs with knifes on them!

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably ocelots, because...

Loading Video...
billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

Tigers

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By ProfessorEss

Wild dogs. I'm a sucker for teamwork.

Owls are pretty dope too.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@49th said:

Sharks have many sharp teeth and they can't swim backwards or go to sleep or they will die. They are alert 24/7 and they can also smell blood from 1000 miles away. btw sharks can see in the dark and can only be killed by other sharks. They can swim faster than every other fish and could kill 5 crocodiles at the same time. Also their teeth fall out and become stronger each time it's epic. Sharks can beat every land creature because they will drown and they will eat all sea creatures because they are the alpha predator - it's over close the thread. ps there are 100 types of sharks so there is a counter to everything you can think of.

Not to mention that they have been on this planet, in one form or other, for 420 million years.

Aethelred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Aethelred

The sabre-tooth tiger. The largest cats ever, with some as heavy as grizzly bears.

No Caption Provided
Bill_Murray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezmero: There's room for everyone on team Saltwater Crocodile. We need to work together to dominate the polls and bring glorious victory to these majestic murder lizards.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Blackout62

I must say I'm rather fond of the secretary bird's life plan of look beautiful and pummel snakes with their feet like they're Chie Satonaka.

No Caption Provided

Latin name: Sagittarius serpentarius. That's right they're the motherfucking archer of snakes!

Loading Video...
CharlesDA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CharlesDA

Tiger sharks. They'll eat whatever the fuck and not care.

lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This post made me realize how much I miss nature shows. Not animal planet and discovery show mediocre reality tv based on survival or some other bs.

Btw on the topic of sharks. Don't count out the bull shark. He be swimming in the salt water and be like you know what I'm done with this. I'm going to swim up a river stream in the fresh water. Yea that's right they are one of the few water beings that can live in both habitats. It's only a matter of time before it conquers the land!

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Komodo dragons are my jam

No Caption Provided

elyhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolves. All day.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Killer Whales. Watching them work together to create massive waves and overturn ice to bring their pray into the water is something else. What's more amazing is watching them do that to teach their young the technique. They'll successfully get a seal into the water and then force him back onto the ice so they can do it again and practice with their young! Then when they're done they finally finish the seal off. That's crazy. They're crazy smart.

Bill_Murray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Bill_Murray

@lead_dispencer: Great point! A man was attacked by a tiger shark in Alberta, Canada (a completely landlocked province). It somehow managed to make its way past the mountains lol. There was another shark attack in Alberta a year later, but I'm not sure if it was a tiger shark in that instance. It doesn't matter how far inland you travel. The sharks are coming for you.

I hear you about the nature shows. For kicks I recommend "Animal Fight Club" on netflix. Its a natgeo joint, but it comes off like it was made for spike tv. Pretty ridiculous stuff.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wow that is a tough one. I really like owls (great horned being my favorite) but I also like wolves. And Yoshis.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The tiger.

No Caption Provided

DFL017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@456nto said:
@spaceinsomniac said:

Loading Video...

This post made me laugh my fucking ass off.

Me too, I was not expecting this at all.

little092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By little092

Terry he lives in a van down by the river

Buddy900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taxes

sku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anteaters. Taking care of my like second least favorite insect since whenever the hell anteaters were invented.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The smug jokey answer would be "man" but actually I don't really like Homo Sapiens Sapiens that much so I won't go there. Also surprised that, seeing as we're on the internet, someone hasn't said "honey badger" so that's nice.

I really like polar bears. Cubs are cute. Shame they'll be going extinct soon

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the smaller carnivorous dinosaurs like the Velociraptor and Deinonychus.

Look at that Deinonychus tearing into that Zephyrosaurus!
Look at that Deinonychus tearing into that Zephyrosaurus!